Paper Damsels

Paper Damsels

Favorite
Mississauga, ON
Is this your business? Claim this listing
• Customize your Storefront with your business info
• Network with and learn from other professionals
• Showcase your work with photos & videos
• Collect reviews from your clients and build more credibility

Quality of Service
Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility
Private User
1 Review
Recently Married

We love how our wedding invitations turned out. It captured our vision and theme of the wedding perfectly. Michelle was also great to work with and was very responsive. Would highly recommend for anyone looking for invitations!

Services Used: Invitations

Beautiful invites. A little pricey, but the work was awesome and therefore worth it!
We wanted simple and the simple we got was gorgeous.
Got calls from guests with compliments on our invites :)
Thank you Paper Damsels!

Services Used: Invitations

Michelle was wonderful to work with. Her work is amazing, from shower invitations, wedding invitations and all other wedding stationary. I would recommend Michelle to anyone getting married. You won't be disappointed trust me. Thank you Michelle for all your hard work, everything looked amazing :)

Services Used: Invitations

Michelle is an extremely talented professional and an absolute pleasure to deal with. She's welcomes feedback and delivers as promised. My invitations were stunning and my guests are still talking about them! I'm looking forward to working with Michelle and Paper Damsels again for any other important event that comes up... Maybe baby shower invites?!? :)

Deanna
12/31/2014

Michelle did an absolute incredible job on our invitations. They are absolutely beautiful. I found the communication piece to be a little on the slow side, but I can only imagine that it's because she is so busy. I'd definitely recommend her invitations to all of my friends and family.

Services Used: Invitations

Paper Damsels created a beautifully designed stationary suite for my wedding in September. We dealt with Michelle and she was awesome to work with (even while she was out of the country on holidays, she made sure that I was taken care of).

They have so much to choose from, and Michelle is amazing at incorporating beautiful details and making sure that all your stationary flows together beautifully. Be sure to have an idea of what your looking for as well as a budget, because the possibilities are endless.

Michelle also designed a unique bridal shower invitation with a custom sketch of the Trevi Fountain.

Services Used: Invitations

Loved our wedding invitations by Paper Damsels. The company was professional and communicated with us often which was much appreciated.

Private User
1+ year ago
3.2

This vendor was a pleasure to work with. They were always helpful, friendly and responsive. They were flexible with offering a wedding stationary package that worked for us. There are a variety of options to choose from to meet a wide range of budgets. My only disappointment with this vendor is a lack of attention to detail. There were often spelling and grammar errors in our product and once we found a couple of these in our review we spent a lot more time reviewing the stationary with a fine tooth comb prior to going to print. Further, for our table chart once we approved it several guest names dropped of the chart and this went to print with errors. This of course was picked up by a guest who was offended at our reception and this wasn't a pretty sight. Increased attention to detail would be much appreciated.

4.2

We are very happy with how our invitations turned out. We even received many compliments on them! Some have said that our invites are the nicest they have ever received. When we picked them up, they looked better than I had ever imagined.

The only thing is that during the process of picking fonts and layouts, it seemed as though they were becoming a little impatient with us via email. When we met for the first time in person, Melanie was very helpful and patient. But other than the cold correspondence via email, we were very happy with the final product.

Paper Damsels responded with the following comments:

Thank you for the review, so happy that you were pleased with your invitations. Its nice to hear that your guests were commenting on them!

I am so sorry if we made you feel at all that we were becoming inpatient or providing cold responses. It is the last thing that we would want our clients to feel. Emails sometimes can feel a bit cold and harsh but we never want that to be the feeling that a client has when working with us. I apologize if you felt that way and truly do value all our clients and love working with them. Thank you for the feedback, it makes it helpful in trying to better our business :)

Services Used: Invitations

We were very happy with our invitations for our wedding and we still get compliments on them today. We dealt with Michelle who is super friendly and helpful no matter how many changes we made before coming up with our final design. If you're really specific on things you want, you may have to do some research on your own but that would be the same anywhere you go. She's really busy so getting in touch with her or arranging meetings may be a little difficult but well worth the effort. She does her best to give you what you want for the price you want. If there's a w

Services Used: Invitations

Paper Damsels is absolutely amazing!! Michelle was so much fun to work with, and her creativity guided us into finding the exact look that we wanted for our invitations. I would recommend Paper Damsels to anyone looking for wedding invites! AMAZING!

Services Used: Invitations

Michelle was so amazing to deal with!! Her work is so beautiful and she is such a fun person. She went above and beyond for me and was so gracious about it. She was having her baby the week I realized I needed my seating chart and she did it no questions asked. I even forgot my table numbers completely until 3 days before my wedding, and I e-mailed her at 2am and not only did she respond I had my numbers the next day. Everyone loved my invites (even single men were commenting on how nice they were) and you can't ask for better service.

Services Used: Invitations

Michelle and Melanie at Paper Damsels are beyond amazing! Working with Paper Damsels for my Wedding Stationary was a great experience as they exceeded our expectations through and through. They were a pleasure to deal with, very attentive to my needs and the small details and made the process for us very enjoyable! Everyone had only great things to say about our invites and their hard work and determination really shows in their work, and for that we are thankful!

Jessica
08/31/2013

Michelle and Melanie are great. I must have gone back and forth on design ideas and Michelle was so accommodating and flexible. Very personable and down to earth people, and of course, beautiful work. Everyone loved the invites!

2.0

I wanted fun, contemporary invitations and Paper Damsels was not the place to go. No matter how many times I said "modern" and "no scripted writing" I ended up with something that was completely not my style. I contacted them months in advance to start planning the design but they are very difficult to get a hold of and seem to always leave things to the last minute. Since time was running out I ended up sending invitations out I wasn't very happy with.

It also would have been nice if they double checked with me before ordering all the paper. I ended up with a colour I didn't like because it was suggested at our initial meeting when I wasn't sure what style I wanted. By the time I got them to start working on the design, they had already ordered it and it was too late to change.

The emails they sent were also very unprofessional - often written in "text form" with terrible grammar. On that note, proofreading the invitations is a definite MUST with this place. My first version had the wrong year on it and text that I had written was changed - and grammatically incorrect.

Needless to day, I went to another place for the rest of the wedding stationary and it was a way less stressful experience.

Paper Damsels responded with the following comments:

We would be able to respond better if we actually knew which client this was.

At Paper Damsels, we try our hardest to create an invitation that is requested by our clients, we spend countless hours trying to create a vision that our client wants and we generally don't proceed with completion if we are aware a client is not happy with the design. If a client is not expressing any concerns and is approving things than we would not know that our design is not approved. Sometimes clients are not aware of exactly what they want so it can be difficult to create that concept if we are not given proper direction. Everyone has a different view of what "Fun, Contemporary" is.

Regarding the comment about papers that were used, when a client comes in for a initial consultation, we go through all the options for them. Once they decide to book Paper Damsels they have picked all their papers and we do a contract. We normally do not proceed with a contract unless we are confident the client is happy with their choices or we would write a comment on our contract to please contact the client before ordering anything.

It is very hard to wait till we start all the stages of designing to change papers as we order our papers from the United States. We do try to bulk our shipments together to save some money which is generally passed on to the client. Papers also can take up to 3 weeks to come in which is why we would need to be pretty confident of their choices since sometimes we are dealing with orders that are not given enough time to go through all the stages in a timely fashion.

When we do our proofs we ask that our clients please look over the grammar in case of any errors on our end. We always reinforce this at the consultation. When we are working with over 30 clients at a given time things can unfortunently get missed, its a honest mistake that can happen and i am sure every invitation company has the same policy and procedures. It would be pointless for us to send proofs if they are not being checked for grammar. Its a common practice within the industry.

To comment on the professionalism of our emails, i am finding this statement a bit hard to comprehend. We never write our emails in text format. We are usually very aware of what we are writing and check before hitting the send button! Sometimes it could be that we are out of the office and try to respond to clients questions which are sent through an phone which could result in perhaps it being not as detailed as being done on a computer.

Services Used: Invitations

Paper Damsels designed everything for us from the bridal shower invitations, wedding invitations, place cards, seating chart, menus, programs, gift tags, signature drink signs, and table numbers. Everything we received was absolutely stunning. Michelle would sit there with us choosing the specific shades of colours we wanted, was flexible with changes we requested, and never stopped until we were 100% satisfied with the final product. The designs she came up with were truly stunning, and she listened and improved on the ideas we came to her with. We received numerous compliments on all of our stationary, and we really couldn't be happier with everything we received! You truly get great quality, at a great price. Thank you Michelle for creating beautiful pieces for our wedding!