Midland Hills Country Club

Professionalism
Value
Flexibility
4.7

Our wedding reception and rehearsal dinner were at Midland Hills Country Club in May and we absolutely loved it!!! It is a beautiful country club with friendly and helpful staff. The staff really went out of their way to make our day special and set-up the venue as planned. Our room looked spectacular! We give Midland Hills Country Club our highest recommendation!! Thank you!!

Great Venue.
GREAT FOOD - LOTS of compliments on the Food !!!
Easy to work with
Centrally located
Works will with outside vendors

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We all were very happy with having my daughters wedding reception at Midland! We recieved so many complements and family members saying they would love to have there reception here! Midland was always very friendly, professional and helpful! It is a very beautiful place!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths

This venue was the most perfect and beautiful place to have our wedding! The windows had a beauty you can't get from a lot of other locations. The food, drinks and overall experience was amazing! They set everything up for us and we just had to show up for our wedding day. It was flawless and I couldn't ask for a better day! Thank you Midland Hills Country Club!!!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Caitlin was great to work with and it was a great experience overall. We really felt it was a hidden gem- very reasonably priced for such a beautiful venue. Many of our guests commented on the great location and nice decor. The whole evening ran smoothly and I would definitely recommend Midland Hills.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Midland Hills did a fantastic job! I really enjoyed working with them throughout the time leading up to the wedding, but then during the actual reception, they just blew me away with the quality of their service. I was so caught up in everything that was going on during the reception, and it was amazing to have them just take care of everything. The staff was coordinated, organized, and on top of things throughout the whole process. Also, the facility is truly beautiful. The banquet hall room created the perfect atmosphere, and the patio and surrounding grounds was great for taking pictures. Finally, the food was terrific, some of the best I've ever had! I would highly recommend this place!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

The staff was fabulous, the food was fantastic and the venue is beautiful. I would highly recommend Midland Hills for you event.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

After countless days of searching for & a number of tours of venues, we decided the Midland Hills Country Club was the one for us. It's a really beautiful and large space that could accommodate the number of guests we invited (200), and there were no reasons to upgrade any of the small things (chairs, napkins, etc.) because it was all so great to begin with! And there were other great perks: free parking/overnight parking for guests, a patio space, coat room, separate entrance to the banquet hall (so guests don't get lost wandering the rest of the premises). We worked with Caitlin for all of our planning, and she was very knowledgable, super nice, and incredibly understanding. It's inevitable that our tastes would change or the parents would ask a million questions from the first draft to the final plan, and she was very flexible and professional through each edit/change/question. MHCC also catered our event, since it is in-house catering, and the food was really delicious!

Private User
2+ years ago

Beautiful place to have a wedding!!

Rosebud27
10/04/2014

Midland was absolutely wonderful! Our reception was set up perfectly and we felt very well cared for. The bonfire pits were a hit! The food was wonderful as well.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I had the pleasure of working with Jan Knudtson while planning our wedding at MHCC. She and her fellow staff were extremely knowledgeable, professional, and prompt during the course of our wedding planning. We were extremely pleased with the ceremony and reception, wouldn't have changed a thing!

4.7

MHCC has a wonderful staff and certainly makes sure your night goes according to plan. It was cost effective for us since my father-in-law is a member, because otherwise I believe it could have been another grand or two. Regardless, the hall looked beautiful. The private patio was a perfect area for socializing. The catering staff did an excellent job at getting the meals out on time. I can't say a bad thing about Midland.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Midland Hills staff was fantastic and we were given very good service. The only thing that I did not like was having to pay for tasting the meal selections that you might select. With the amount of the bill, I did not think there should be a charge for that. Maybe they could limit the tasting to two entrees included in the total price.

Midland Hills helped us with the draping services and tent rental. All went well and the catering manager on duty that afternoon and evening was terrific.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The staff was very helpful and kind. Working with the director was great, she really understood what I wanted, and she was great at communicating with me.
Only suggestions would be that we had a heavy hor's devours menu and they put out full sized plated instead of hor's devours plates (I was afraid we'd run out of food the way some of the guys where piling up their plates) also, with an hor's devours style reception I would prefer they didn't dissmiss tables, but rather allows people to mingle freely.

Private User
1+ year ago
4.1

Caitlin was very flexible and easy to plan with! The food is a little overpriced for what you get.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Midland Hills CC is a very beautiful place where to have a wedding reception. The location and the garden are very nice (pictures turned out really good), and the food was very good. For the latter, we had the Italian buffet. We had quite a few Italian people coming to the wedding, and they liked a lot the whole buffet. I suggest to get bruschetta and cheeses as appetizers. The room we rented was properly prepared, and the service was good and very professional.

I guess I cannot say the name of my point of contact there, but I have to say that this person was helpful in organizing the event, and extremely professional.

The only reason why I gave a "medium" rate for the "flexibility" is that, unfortunately, rooms seem to be available only a couple of hours (or even less) prior the event: if only the reception is held there, and the room is busy beforehand, some people may have to miss the ceremony in order to set up the room. If I may, I would suggest Midland Hills to offer more flexibility from this perspective, meaning that rooms should be rented on a daily basis rather than a hourly basis. The rate for the "value" is not 5 just because I feel that the rental price is a little bit too high.

All in all, very good place for your ceremony.

Midland Hills Country Club responded with the following comments:

I apologize that you felt stressed about the set up time. But, if you recall we actually had the room ready for set up on Thursday before your Saturday wedding reception (since the Saturday morning event had to reschedule). But in the meantime we had also set aside some smaller rooms for you to do centerpiece set up. We always try to set up as early as possible - when the room is available. I do apologize if we caused you any stress with the set up, but of course am happy to hear you loved the venue, food and the service. Thanks much

Services Used: Catering, Event Rentals & Photobooths