middle of the island catering co

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

We had MOI at both the rehearsal dinner and wedding. I cannot say enough about how happy we were with the food and service. Everyone commented on how good the food was on both nights.
The staff was amazing , friendly, attentive , polite and truly seemed to enjoy the events. We had the bartender service and they were outstanding so nice and remembered what everyone was drinking !
The food was excellent, I don't know how they do it. We had prime rib for the wedding and it was delicious. We did a beach wedding and had cocktail hour by the pool. They set up several stations which looked beautiful, they passed hors d'oeuvres which were plentiful. Shrimp and grits were success. Cm was a pleasure to work with. Would highly recommend MOI .

Private User
Recently Married

CM and his crew were extremely wonderful for us. CM answered any and all questions I had. He had specific menus but I wanted to swap things around he was flexible and kept prices for all items. He even worked with me on my cousins peanut allergy. The staff was friendly! The food was awesome! Everyone loved it. Shrimp and grits are a amazing!

Jenna
02/15/2015

Great staff! I couldn't believe how great the food taste for such a good price.

Ken
02/15/2015

Most spectacular catering I've ever tasted! The shrimp and grits were spectacular! We got more great comments about the food than anything else at the wedding!

Services Used: Catering

My husband I chose Middle of the Island to cater our wedding reception and cocktail hour on 07Feb2015. CM was very professional during all of our contact. When we had our food tasting CM even added some food on our plate that we weren't so sure about but it was So tasty we had to have it. I'm glad that CM took us outside of the box to try different things.

Middle of the Island was on time and ready to go once cocktail hour began. During cocktail hour we had passed hor dourves and everywhere you looked their platter was full and ready to serve.

Once the reception began everything was in full swing. The servers were ready as well as once everything was over they boxed up the leftover food and we were able to take it home. They even made each of us, (bride and groom) a plate of everything on top of boxing everything else.

It was a pleasure having Middle of the Island Cater our event and I can't wait to use them in the future for future events!

Services Used: Catering

Middle of the Island Catering FAR exceeded my expectations. We first heard of this company after attending a friend's wedding in Wilmington where they were the caterer. Our wedding was in Pinehurst, NC and they traveled to us for our wedding. C.M. (the owner/manager?) is extremely responsive and will always return your phone call within a few hours. I had a few special requests for our wedding and they made everything happen. We had the Southern Buffet with the china package and coffee and soda packages and the entire presentation was perfection. The quality of food, service and presentation we received were great and at a very reasonable price point.

We also purchased the bartender package so we only had to provide the alcohol and MOI took care of ice, cups, serving, etc. This was the perfect option. I highly recommend this company to anyone in need of wedding catering in the Eastern North Carolina region.

Services Used: Catering

The food that was served was awesome. All of our guests were talking about it. These people were fabulous. We had both the wedding and the reception there. They transformed the wedding venue into a reception in under an hour. Very impressive. The customer service they provided allowed us to enjoy the entire event. The wedding was at St. Thomas Preservation Hall. We were under the understanding we could come back and pick up our belongings in the morning, Nov. 2nd and at 10:30 P.M., when all of the guests had left, we were told we had to be out by 3:00 A.M the next morning. Needless to say, we were a bit upset. The staff took the reins by the horns and assisted my wife and myself in gathering the center pieces, candles, drinks, and everything else and actually packed our only car available to haul everything back to our hotel. Without their staff, this wedding would have ended in a disaster. The Middle Of The Island rocks and their staff is the best I have ever had the pleasure to meet and conduct business with. These people are sincere and we will never forget them for the rest of our lives. As the parents of the bride at a destination wedding, I would strongly recommend using this company and its staff to assure you have the perfect wedding day. Pauleen and Paulette, you are the best. Sincerely, Mike and Janet Miller ( Parents of the bride)

Tina
10/25/2014

This caterer provided excellent food and fantastic service. CM was absolutely wonderful to deal with and offered a completely stress free experience. He is very friendly and easy to work with. His staff was very attentive to our guests. Everyone was very pleased with the service and the food selection. I recommend this vendor to everyone!

Services Used: Catering

CM awesome. Wait staff wonderful. Food delicious.

For the price, service, quantity and quality MOI can not be beat.

Servers and bartenders were friendly and attentive. They kept our drinks full and even brought us our plates so we could eat first and enjoy our food. Even boxed the leftover up for us.

Season
10/18/2014

Amazing food, the staff was excellent, & C.M. was so helpful throughout the wedding planning process. Our guests were impressed & so were we! Highly recommend them for your catering needs.

Private User
Recently Married

Our food was amazing. The staff was amazing. I couldn't have made a better choice. They will be prefect for your event. A lot of our guests said it was by far the best wedding food they have ever had! And I agree 100%

You will not be disappointed! And thier price is fantastic.

Services Used: Catering

All around fabulous! MOI made it easy! We planned our event long distance and it went off without a glitch! Outstanding vendor! Reliable, trustworthy, dependable and unbelievable food!!!

Services Used: Catering

Middle of the Island was insanely easy to work with, and the food was awesome. The service and food quality were exactly as promised, the staff were professional and nice. A great value for the money - if ever I have another function to plan in Wilmington they would be the ones I would call.

Services Used: Catering

I can NOT express enough POSITIVE thoughts or comments on MOI catering. My original caterer took my deposit and moved out of town, so I frantically called MOI as a cold call on the Sunday 1 month prior to my wedding. CM called me immediately back and even though they were booked, he fit me in to their schedule. The quality of the food, presentation, and staff were WELL beyond our expectations. I can not tell you how many people came up to me to tell me how impressed they were with the entire set up. The staff was above and beyond friendly and professional. The food was unbelievably delicious (not like your typical wedding food), and they set up and took down without any flaws. The Innkeepers at The Front Street Inn also commented on how impressed they were. I have told everyone I know about this experience and will definitely use MOI again!!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

Services Used: Catering

My son was married on Sat. MOI catered it and it was absolutely awesome. The best home cooking you've ever had. Everything was wonderful and so professional. I highly recommend them for any event.

Services Used: Catering

I loved our caterer, people are still talking about the food. We are latin and wanted to incorporate flavors indicative of our heritage and who would guess it that CM would hit it on the head so perfectly. He was amazing to work with.