middle of the island catering co

middle of the island catering co

po box 119
Wrightsville Beach, NC 28480 | map
Catering services: Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Family Style, Hors d'oeu...
Maximum capacity: 10000
Bar services: Cash Bar, Limited Bar, Open Bar
Alcohol services: Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Wine, Premium Liq...
Quality of Service:
Responsiveness:
Professionalism:
Value:
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Middle of the Island Catering FAR exceeded my expectations. We first heard of this company after attending a friend's wedding in Wilmington where they were the caterer. Our wedding was in Pinehurst, NC and they traveled to us for our wedding. C.M. (the owner/manager?) is extremely responsive and will always return your phone call within a few hours. I had a few special requests for our wedding and they made everything happen. We had the Southern Buffet with the china package and coffee and soda packages and the entire presentation was perfection. The quality of food, service and presentation we received were great and at a very reasonable price point.

We also purchased the bartender package so we only had to provide the alcohol and MOI took care of ice, cups, serving, etc. This was the perfect option. I highly recommend this company to anyone in need of wedding catering in the Eastern North Carolina region.

• Wedding: 11/08/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The food that was served was awesome. All of our guests were talking about it. These people were fabulous. We had both the wedding and the reception there. They transformed the wedding venue into a reception in under an hour. Very impressive. The customer service they provided allowed us to enjoy the entire event. The wedding was at St. Thomas Preservation Hall. We were under the understanding we could come back and pick up our belongings in the morning, Nov. 2nd and at 10:30 P.M., when all of the guests had left, we were told we had to be out by 3:00 A.M the next morning. Needless to say, we were a bit upset. The staff took the reins by the horns and assisted my wife and myself in gathering the center pieces, candles, drinks, and everything else and actually packed our only car available to haul everything back to our hotel. Without their staff, this wedding would have ended in a disaster. The Middle Of The Island rocks and their staff is the best I have ever had the pleasure to meet and conduct business with. These people are sincere and we will never forget them for the rest of our lives. As the parents of the bride at a destination wedding, I would strongly recommend using this company and its staff to assure you have the perfect wedding day. Pauleen and Paulette, you are the best. Sincerely, Mike and Janet Miller ( Parents of the bride)

• Wedding: 11/01/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

This caterer provided excellent food and fantastic service. CM was absolutely wonderful to deal with and offered a completely stress free experience. He is very friendly and easy to work with. His staff was very attentive to our guests. Everyone was very pleased with the service and the food selection. I recommend this vendor to everyone!

• Wedding: 10/25/2014
Tina
  • Flexibility: 5.0

CM awesome. Wait staff wonderful. Food delicious.

For the price, service, quantity and quality MOI can not be beat.

Servers and bartenders were friendly and attentive. They kept our drinks full and even brought us our plates so we could eat first and enjoy our food. Even boxed the leftover up for us.

• Wedding: 10/18/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Amazing food, the staff was excellent, & C.M. was so helpful throughout the wedding planning process. Our guests were impressed & so were we! Highly recommend them for your catering needs.

• Wedding: 10/18/2014
Season
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Our food was amazing. The staff was amazing. I couldn't have made a better choice. They will be prefect for your event. A lot of our guests said it was by far the best wedding food they have ever had! And I agree 100%

You will not be disappointed! And thier price is fantastic.

• Wedding: Recently Married
Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

All around fabulous! MOI made it easy! We planned our event long distance and it went off without a glitch! Outstanding vendor! Reliable, trustworthy, dependable and unbelievable food!!!

• Flexibility: 5.0

Middle of the Island was insanely easy to work with, and the food was awesome. The service and food quality were exactly as promised, the staff were professional and nice. A great value for the money - if ever I have another function to plan in Wilmington they would be the ones I would call.

• Flexibility: 5.0

I can NOT express enough POSITIVE thoughts or comments on MOI catering. My original caterer took my deposit and moved out of town, so I frantically called MOI as a cold call on the Sunday 1 month prior to my wedding. CM called me immediately back and even though they were booked, he fit me in to their schedule. The quality of the food, presentation, and staff were WELL beyond our expectations. I can not tell you how many people came up to me to tell me how impressed they were with the entire set up. The staff was above and beyond friendly and professional. The food was unbelievably delicious (not like your typical wedding food), and they set up and took down without any flaws. The Innkeepers at The Front Street Inn also commented on how impressed they were. I have told everyone I know about this experience and will definitely use MOI again!!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

• Flexibility: 5.0

My son was married on Sat. MOI catered it and it was absolutely awesome. The best home cooking you've ever had. Everything was wonderful and so professional. I highly recommend them for any event.

• Wedding: 09/20/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I loved our caterer, people are still talking about the food. We are latin and wanted to incorporate flavors indicative of our heritage and who would guess it that CM would hit it on the head so perfectly. He was amazing to work with.

• Flexibility: 5.0

Great service! Great food! Highly recommended. Made the menu just for us. It was fabulous!

• Wedding: Recently Married
Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Middle of the Island was amazing for our wedding. The food was incredible! The staff were so friendly and very easy to work with. CM even made my plate for me on my wedding night! The shrimp and grits, the bacon wrapped scallops, and squash casserole were my personal favorites, but all the food was amazing!

• Flexibility: 5.0

CM makes the catering process so simple! Every item I have ever tasted from him has been delicious. Narrowing down what you want is the most difficult part, it is all so good.

When I asked around about who to use, CM's name was who I heard 9 out of 10 times. Not only was the food perfect, but he was the easiest person to work with. All you do is book him, then you get a call a week before asking what you want to serve. That simple!

I had so many compliments on the food. That is was 'real food' that people actually was excited about. We had fried pork chops and roast beef, both cooked perfectly!!! I imagined a southern buffet with all the favorites, and that is exactly what I got.

I cannot wait to have a reason to use CM again!

Fraleane
  • Flexibility: 5.0

MOI was perfect! The food and service were great and CM could not have been easier to deal with. We asked for a couple of items which were not on the menu to accommodate foreign guests (their menu is extremely robust already - we loved all the options!) – MOI were completely accommodating. Not only that, the food was delicious, the staff were friendly and a pleasure to speak with, and they were incredibly timely, responsive and prepared.

• Wedding: 09/12/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We used Middle of the Island Catering for our rehearsal dinner. We used the drop off menu and had the rehearsal dinner at a beach house we rented. Everything was amazing!! Everyone raved about the food. We ordered Jerk Chicken, Rice and Beans, Squash Casserole (soooo sooo good), BBQ, strawberry spinach salad, and peach cobbler. Yumm sooo good and such an excellent price!!

• Wedding: 08/31/2014
910-256-4273
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards