magnolia manor

• Responsiveness: 3.0
  • Professionalism: 4.0
  • Value: 5.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

This is a beautiful venue if you want an outdoor wedding. It is large enough to have both the ceremony and reception and there are Plan B options in case it rains. The venue owner can also do your flowers in house for an additional fee which simplifies things quite a bit - and she does a beautiful job with the bouquets and flower arrangements. The price is great too and it comes with tables, and some decorations and flower arrangements. I would absolutely recommend Magnolia Manor! It ended up being the perfect venue for our wedding. The only downside is that it is a very popular venue so you have book pretty far in advance and the venue owner is very busy with all the events so she can sometimes be a little slow responding to emails and calls until it gets close to the big day.

• Wedding: 10/08/2011
Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers
4.0/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.0
  • Professionalism: 4.0
  • Value: 3.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

If you are looking for an elegant outdoor wedding, The Magnolia Manor might be what you are looking for. A few months after signing a contract with The Magnolia Manor for my ceremony and reception I was informed the site was being sold. At first I was sad because I loved the owners I signed the contract with, however the couple they sold it to ended up making my wedding day even more beautiful than I had imagined.

This being the couple's first wedding season, I was impressed with how it all turned out. However, I believe there are a few improvements that need to be made; the professionalism in particular. I, the bride, am actually fortunate enough to have had my mother and bridal consultant (Sonya Scott - A Perfect Day) because they were the ones that dealt with all the problems I never saw. It wasn't necessarily things like, the wrong colored napkins, or the wrong chairs being ordered. None of that took place. But what did take place was a lot of miscommunication. I remember meeting with the owners, Sonya Scott, and my mother to discuss details. The owners took notes as we took everything step by step to ensure things were the way we wanted. However, with the wedding day near, there were drapes not hung, chairs not placed how we wanted them and net lights thrown over bushes instead of nice twinkling lights hidden in the bushes. After my mom informed the owners of things that were wrong, we were told that we never informed them we wanted drapes after all, and how we wanted the chairs exactly, ect. So we were the ones to blame; isn't the first rule when dealing with business - "The customer is always right, no mater what"? My mom didn't tell me all this had happened until after the honeymoon. Thank goodness because if I would have known this was happening on my wedding day, I would have been so stressed out.

Anyway, first of all, I dont want to take it to harshly on these owners because they are very sweet and new to all of this but after hearing all this happened I wanted to make others aware that if you book this place to triple check everything. I remember the owners took lots of notes but I have a feeling they must have misplaced them, forgot details and then assumed we never mentioned something. Not sure.

However, there were so many great details they thought of, that we never would have. I am a very traditional bride that takes joy in elegant touches. These new owners have great taste when it comes to doing things right. I believe they are still working on making more updates to their location even though you wouldn't think they needed it.

So in the end, I still would recommend The Magnolia Manor because I believe it was worth my money considering my budget. I would just suggest you get the communication thing down first, but that goes for all vendors.

• Wedding: 05/25/2008
Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue
865-988-4510
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire
4.2