LucieMarie On Location Hair & Makeup

Professionalism
Value
Flexibility
Recently Married

I highly recommend LucieMarie!! I had the most fantastic experience working with Angela to create my wedding day look: she was so kind, and listened incredibly well to what I wanted!

I received compliments on my hair and makeup from start to finish of my wedding: this was definitely a great choice for me!

Recently Married

Mr bridesmaids and I had such a fun time working with Angela and her team for my wedding. Our hair and make up turned out even better than I could have imagined and still looked great by the end of the night after a lot of dancing.

Services Used: Beauty & Health

Angela was a doll when it came to her doing my hair and makeup for my wedding. I actually had Angela work on my hair and makeup twice, once for my trial/engagement photos and the second time for my actual wedding. Angela was completely open to hear what I wanted and envisioned for my wedding. She didn't try to push on what SHE thought would be nice or pretty and listened to what I wanted. She also has a great sense of humor and we always had something to talk about. She never made me look too dolled up and made up. She was responsive to all of our emails and worked with me on some of the pricing, which I am very appreciative and grateful for. The only bad thing I have to say is that although my hair looked great, it fell within the couple of hours. Now my wedding was an ALL day event and to have my hair fall within 2-3 hours, was a disappointment. It wasn't just mine, but all of my bridemaids. We had to re-curl and touch up our hair 2 hours after we saw her.

What also kind of irked me was the make up artist she brought with her to help on the day of my wedding. I TOTALLY understood that she had to bring in some extra help so we could be done on time for my tea ceremony. I just kind of wish she told me ahead of time so I can look up her make up artist's credentials and skills. Again, I understand it was my day and it's all about the bride but I paid good money for my bridesmaids to get pampered and beautified for my big day. The make up artist was not open to hearing what my girls wanted on their face. Whenever one of my girls would ask her to do something else or to change something, she would make a face and have an attitude about it.

Just make sure, you know who will be working on your hair and makeup. Whether it be just for you or for you and your bridesmaids, you want to be sure you and your bridesmaids look beautiful on your big day. Don't let anyone ruin that for you!

3.6

Angela was on time. I did a trial with her a few months before the wedding to make sure I was getting what I wanted. She was talkative during the process and fun to hang out with.

The airbrush makeup looked great.

My mother and sister also had their hair and makeup done. They were happy with what they had done.

My hair looked great when it was first done. I did a low messy side bun. I have thick long hair (down to my mid back). Disappointingly, my hair started to fall down after the ceremony. I had not been dancing or jumping, just standing around. My sister and the photographer managed to get it pinned back up. Then it fell more about 20 minutes later - still after just standing around. My sister went and found more bobby pins and tried to just pin it up like crazy. Needless to say, after dancing it was coming apart. I decided not to worry about it since I couldn't do anything about it and just enjoyed my night. However, if you're someone that would feel like your night was ruined if your hair ended up very messy, you might want to look elsewhere.

I'm not sure if my hair fell because my hairstyle choice was not right for how much hair I have or if it was done poorly. If it was the former, I feel like Angela should have warned me that it would fall and I might want to choose another style. My hair did fall when I did the trial as well, but Angela assured me that was just because it was a trial and she did not go to great lengths to make sure it would stay up.

Services Used: Beauty & Health

Angela did such a fabulous job for my wedding! I did a trial consultation and "day of" hair and makeup for myself, bridesmaids, mothers, and a flower girl. She was so patient with everyone and made getting ready so fun! She is hilarious and so personable. All my girls looked stunning and she was even able to squeeze in a few girls who wanted to get done up last minute. I couldn't be happier with LucieMarie! Thanks Angela!! :)

Services Used: Beauty & Health

I have never in my life felt more beautiful than I did on my wedding day! I rarely wear makeup (and if I do, it's very little), but knew I wanted to wear some color on my big day. I was a bit skeptical on whether I could look glamorous but still very natural... until I found Angela from LucieMarie!

She's an absolute gem of a person, and a has a wonderful ability to bring our your natural beauty. She listens to what you want and works with you to get it exactly right. It was a breeze to book with her, and she gladly came out to our wedding venue on the day of, which was in the middle of nowhere :)

So many people commented on how wonderful I looked, and my new husband won't stop talking about how breathtaking he thought I was! (Now that makes a woman feel beautiful!)

My deepest thanks to Angela for her wonderful work in making me feel like my best self!

Now stop searching, and BOOK her before she's busy on your big day!!!

Elizabeth
10/14/2014

Angela and her assistant did such an amazing job! The trial was perfect because I was able to pinpoint exactly what I liked and didn't like and on my wedding day she gave me exactly what I wanted! I felt gorgeous and my bridesmaids looked so lovely. My makeup looked perfect in pictures but at the same time not too overdone in person. It stayed on all night too! And my hair...it was a masterpiece! Angela is really fun, friendly and very professional. We had such a great time getting ready at our venue with her.

Services Used: Beauty & Health

Our wedding was on a holiday weekend (the 5th of July) and in the morning; so it was a task to find an affordable and available hair and make up vendor. I contacted Lucie Marie and they were so helpful. I planned my wedding out of state and they were very responsive, sending emails of the documents I needed to sign in a very timely fashion.. Angela Parker of Lucie Marie got to the wedding venue (Vintage VIllas) at 7 that morning!! She was on time and ready to go! My bridesmaids and I got there late (of course!) but she just made a joke and went right to work. One of my bridesmaids had a very specific hairstyle in mind of which I sent Angela a picture prior, and she executed it beautifully and in no time at all! I had a very general idea of the hairstyle and makeup I wanted and I absolutley LOVED what she did for me. Elegant and simple. I highly recommend Lucie Marie, especially for those needing on site hair and makeup. I really recommend Angela Parker as well. She was very efficient and friendly. With Lucie Marie expect to get what you pay for and then some!!

Services Used: Beauty & Health

Angela is awesome. I needed to find someone who could do hair and makeup and would travel to my venue (about 1.5 hours outside of Austin) for my wedding this past month. I was really drawn to how soft her makeup looked; I wanted to look like the best version of myself on my wedding day, not extremely made-up. Angela was quick on email and did an amazing test run for me, so I was sold.

I really appreciated how flexible and patient Angela was while I figured out the day-of schedule and finalized the list of women getting hair and makeup done leading up to the wedding.

On my wedding day, Angela and her assistant showed up with a fun playlist and great vibe. They made getting ready fun and kept the atmosphere lively. And everyone loved their hair and makeup! It ended up being an extremely windy and rainy day and all of our hair and makeup held up through the night. I didn't even need to re-apply my lipstick once!

People are still complimenting my hair and makeup, weeks after the event! I cannot recommend LucieMarie enough!

Services Used: Beauty & Health

luciemarie was recommended to us by the wonderful ladies of our venue (the winfield inn -- also fantastic!). i went out for a hair and makeup trial and was very pleased with what angela did, so i booked her right away. she and her colleague chelsea came out to the winfield on the day of my wedding and did lovely hair and makeup for myself, 5 bridesmaids, 2 mothers, and 2 flower girls. angela not only does great work, but she's also got a great dry sense of humor, so we all had fun hanging out together! and everyone was pleased with the looks she created. . . including my hard-to-please mother who has thinning hair -- angela assured her she was up for the challenge, and did not disappoint! luciemarie was great!!

1+ year ago

Angela took care of hair and makup for my 3 bridesmaids and myself. I opted for airbrush. Everyone looked beautiful and photo-ready on this wonderful day. My hair and makeup stayed flawless for hours as we went through an outdoor ceremony and a reception with lots of dancing. Her personality also meshed well with mine and she helped to make the 4 hours of primping go by in a flash. I highly recommend her services.

Services Used: Beauty & Health

I loved working with Angela at LucieMarie! She did my hair and makeup for both my bridal portraits and wedding. I am one of those people that usually feels weird/not pretty when other people do my makeup. I was pretty nervous I wasn't going to like it, but Angela was great! She made me feel so beautiful. I felt like an old Hollywood star, which was exactly the look I wanted. She was also really easy to work with - If I didn't like something at first, she was great at doing adjustments to make things look exactly as I wanted. I felt very comfortable communicating with her. On the wedding day she was super efficient and was great at working with all of the different personalities of my bridal party and my Mom. It was a great experience, and I definitely recommend her!

Services Used: Beauty & Health

LucieMarie aka Angela was so much fun and did a fantastic job on all of the hair and makeup for my bridal party! Angela is so laid back - she makes getting ready super fun and her sense of humor fit right in with my crazy bridesmaids :) My bridal makeup and hair were flawless, I highly recommend her!

Services Used: Beauty & Health

Angela did a trial run and Big Day makeup for myself and my maid of honor. Angela was easy to work with and has a great sense of humor. Our makeup was stunning and we were impressed how far Angela got despite my complete lack of ideas about what to do. If you're on the fence about an airbrush, go for it. The results are amazing. I give 4/5 on quality because my big day makeup and hair didn't match the awesomeness of the trial run. I still looked amazing, but it was a bummer that she didn't/couldn't duplicate the first round 'do (and I'd brought photos as a guide). It may have turned out fine with more time, but we had to scoot. I still wouldn't hesitate to recommend Angela or Lucie Marie. But keep in mind perfection is hard to repeat.

Services Used: Beauty & Health

Angela was great. I am a no makeup, ponytail kind of girl and was worried about not looking like myself for my wedding. She was able to make both my hair look soft and natural with major staying power! The only touch up I needed was lip gloss and some mascara, 8 hours after she left! She also worked this dorky horse pin that I needed to carry with me into my hair and made it look an expensive hair choice. Love her!

Celia
07/07/2012
4.7

I loved my bridal hair and makeup. Angela understood exactly what hair and makeup I wanted after a short meeting (I didn't do a trial). The hair didn't last very long but for a summer wedding in Texas, I was only hoping that the hair would last all day. However, Angela did teach us how to 'touch up' the hair, so right before the reception, one of my bridesmaids was able to fix my hair.