Little Piney Lodge

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

John and Julie were amazing to have along the way! The venue is for the entire weekend, however, they are there from day one in helping plan everything. When my husband and I decided on Little Piney for our wedding, we knew that we made the right choice. They went over the top to make sure our day was perfect!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I am looking forward to having my wedding at little piney lodge next yr. My fiancé and I had a few places in mind, that fit, on how we wanted our day to be and feel. First stop was little piney, and didn't need to view any place else after seeing the breathtaking views. This place has everything you need. We won't need much decorating either. Maybe some personal touches but that's it. This place is exquisite mike and karen have put so much thought and time to 'your' big day. I love how personal and down to earth they are. They take time to get to know you and what you want. We highly recommend a tour for viewing you definitely wont regret it.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We absolutely could not have been a more happy with our wedding at Little Piney! John and Julie we incredibly helpful and accommodating. We hosted our rehearsal dinner, had our ceremony and reception on site and loved having a different area to do each! If you are looking for an outdoor venue and a great weekend, this is the place for you!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We found Little Piney Lodge on the Hermann Wedding Trail and it was the most perfect venue for our wedding. They have indoor and outdoor options, which came in handy because we ended up moving our reception indoors, due to the cold, and I'm so thrilled we did! The Festiv Hof barn is just beautiful. The staff at Little Piney are super responsive and are on site all weekend, to help wherever they can. The on site lodging is spectacular and we couldn't be more excited with how the wedding turned out.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

BEAUTIFUL venue. Karen and her husband were great to work with. Very friendly. I was able to choose from 3 different locations on the property for my ceremony and reception. They had an outdoor pavilion, an indoor barn, and a gazebo overlooking a beautiful pond. The 2 lodges were a great, relaxing addition to the weekend. Having the property for the entire weekend helped make decorating and getting ready so much more relaxing and enjoyable. There was shuttle services offered to my guests to move from parking lot to ceremony pavilion site, and then to the indoor barn for my reception. Especially beneficial to my elderly guests and women wearing heels. Great place for a beautiful rustic wedding.

Recently Married

If I could, I would give them over a five star rating. They are under new ownership and the owners are beyond words... Awesome! They were more than helpful with everything. We even needed lightbulbs for our chandelier and John, the owner, went and got some for us! They made sure everything was covered and everyone in our wedding loved how responsive and kind John and his wife, Julie were! This is a one of a kind place. If you are looking for a place in Hermann to have your wedding, this is the place! Free to decorate any way you want and they will help set up and take down. This place was beyond what we could have imagined. So happy we had our wedding here!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Although this venue is a little out of the way, I couldn't have asked for a better place to have my wedding and reception. We got to stay in the cabins on site both Friday and Saturday night (wedding was on Saturday) with 10 other guests which made transportation and setting up/taking down decorations easy. The owners, Karen and Mike, were very nice and responded quickly to any questions I had whether it was through email or by phone. They really helped make the day as stress-free as possible. There is an outside and inside area for receptions which makes it easy to plan for rain or heat (inside barn is air conditioned). This place is perfect for any bride who wants the country/nature feel to their wedding day. I was extremely happy with this venue.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Just perfect in every way! Mike and Karen are wonderful. Best place for the ultimate earthy, rustic, romantic feel!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Loved, loved, LOVED absolutely everything about my wedding at Little Piney Lodge. Mike and Karen are some of the nicest people you'll work with during your wedding planning, and their quick responses to emails was very appreciated. They do a great job of keeping the venue looking gorgeous. Mike was out at 8am on the wedding day mowing the lawn and doing last minute touchups to ensure that everything was perfect.
We had the bridal party stay on-site with us in the cabins on the night before the wedding, and it was so convenient to have everyone in spot. Karen and Mike allow your hair/makeup artists to come directly to you at the cabin, so you don't even have to worry about leaving the site once you're there.
We had minimal decorations, because the venue is just gorgeous in itself. Mike provided us with some shepherd's hooks which we lined the ceremony walkway with, and hung some mason jars with flowers from them. We chose to have our reception inside the barn, because we wanted that rustic/romantic feel. Plus, it was air conditioned! Karen has an array of different table cloths colors to choose from, and they let you arrange the tables in whatever fashion you prefer. We just brought in our centerpieces, and other than that, the reception area was already set to go. They've hung lights from the ceiling to give it a nice atmosphere, so you really don't need to go out and get a lot.

If I could re-do the whole experience, I would choose Little Piney Lodge every single time. We got a TON of compliments from our guests, and the day was absolutely perfect.

1+ year ago

My husband and I had our wedding at Little Piney this past April and we were more than pleased. The venue is absolutely gorgeous! Our wedding party came up the night before and we had a blast. We went out on the lake, fried some fish and were able to really enjoy the weather. The day of the wedding the weather was a little tricky but Karen and Mike were great. They helped so much with everything. Karen is very opinionated and can sometimes come off strong but she always has good intentions at heart. The venue has the option of an indoor barn or outside pavilion which is great. We enjoyed our rehearsal dinner in the barn and the reception was at the pavilion. There are tons of lights hanging and the place is just beautiful. We received so many compliments! I would definitely recommend this venue!! Thank you so much little piney...made our day perfect!

2+ years ago

Beautiful scenery, pleasant atmosphere, great price!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My daughter had her wedding and reception at Little Piney Lodge last weekend. I have nothing but praise for the place and the owners. Mike and Karen were flexible, helpful and friendly throughout the weekend. The lodge was spectacular, the location for the ceremony was perfect. We had the reception under the pavilion, 180 people were nothing but elated. The waterfall and lights were a perfect compliment to the evening. I would recommend this venue to anyone. The convenience of having the wedding party in the two cabins/lodge on the same grounds as the ceremony and reception is a great logistic benefit.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We used Little Piney Lodge for our wedding venue. My husband and I wanted something that we could have the wedding and reception all in the same place with a laid back setting. This venue was beyond what we imagined. It had a lodge that the wedding party stayed in that night as well and a log cabin that my husband and I stayed in.

The owners were very helpful when it came to last min. details. Our wedding day was very HOT. They provided us with tents and fans to cool our guest off.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My dream was for an outdoor wedding on the water. This venue was beautiful. Had my ceremony under the white gazebo, and reception under the pavillion. Weather was perfect. Just awesome. The owners Mike and Karen very very nice people. Overall good experience. Some problems. Owners were informed ahead of time we were going to have the max quest and we wouldnt need more white benches, I believe there were enough but some of them broke and some guests had to stand and or sit on concrete wall. They also misinformed me that we would be able to use thier coundsystem along with a wireless microphone for ceremony. Luckily my DJ arrived early and came prepared. He saved that part. I gave out cups as my wedding favor, they were at each persons place and they had drinks served in their at their leisure. As owner was bussing tables he was taking people sounviner cups. a guesy told him thats mine to keep and he handed her a different from from the table and said take this one. still throwing wedding favor away. still over all very happy and would not have imagined my wedding anywhere else. Just be prepared Karen the owner is very opinionated, and will show very openly when she doesnt agree with your style tase and choices. Very very beautiful setting. Awesome wedding. freedom to do pretty much whatever you want!!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Gorgeous property! Highly recommend! A great destination wedding close to home in the Midwest! We could not have imagined a more wonderful place to have our wedding. If you are getting married in the Hermann area you must make it out to visit the Little Piney Lodge. The entire property is beautiful and both of our families were able to stay at the property with us. We had 100 guests that came down from the Chicago area and made a weekend out of it. I loved that our wedding was so different from the typical banquet hall that flies by. The owners of the Lodge were wonderful to work with and were such a great help. I recommend calling The Hermann Trolley to take your guests to and from wedding, the guests said the ride was a blast. Also, Angie from Trailside Catering.. They work there regularly and know where everything is, what to bring, and our guests loved the food.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Unique Services (Other)

I just had my wedding there this May and it was absolutely wonderful. Compared to all the super expensive venues my husband and i looked at this was the top. The best part was how affordable they were. Plus, you get 48 hours to do the things that most vendors expect done in 4 to 6. They allowed everyone involved to simply relax and enjoy. They offer indoor or outdoor area for your wedding which is wonderful and they have rooms there you can rent that are gorgeous and again quite affordable. The couple who owns it are very relaxed and professional which certainly calms you when your trying to plan a wedding. :) I give this place 10 gold stars!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths