Le Mariee'
Ethereal.Bohemian.Rustic.Vintage.Romantic Styles. Specializing in the "untraditional Bride".
Silver Spring, MD 20906  | map

(4.9/5.0)
Flexibility:

Sort By:

• Flexibility:  5.0
Lori was so sweet, and really made me look prettier than I thought was possible, but still so natural. And while I can't get my hair to cooperate no matter what I do, she worked some magic and pinned it into the loveliest updo. She is so talented, had great suggestions for makeup that would fit in with the vibe and setting for my wedding, and was also willing to work on just me and my mother (my bridesmaids opted out of hair and makeup). If I ever have another occasion where I need to get my hair/makeup done, I would definitely call up Lori.
Wedding: 08/16/2014

Private User 5 Reviews
Lori is wonderful. After hearing rave reviews from two friends who worked with her for their weddings, I knew I'd made the right choice when I met with her for my hair and makeup trial. Not only did I leave looking and feeling beautiful, but Lori is such a pleasure to talk to. I didn't think it was possible, but I felt even more stunning on my wedding day, and my bridesmaids looked absolutely beautiful. Lori was very responsive throughout the entire process and really listened to me and my bridesmaids. Highly recommend!
Wedding: Recently Married
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I had a problem with another makeup artist who broke my contract after we already had done our trial run. It was actually the best thing that could have happened because I found Le Mariee' and Lori Nansi. This woman is amazing. She is reassuring, encouraging, sweet and TALENTED. I had my trial run with her and stopped worrying about how my hair and makeup would look at the wedding because I trust her completely. She made me look and feel beautiful. My hair was seriously incredible and it stayed perfect all night. I don't know how she did it. My makeup was flawless. She was also very accommodating with a few things which I greatly appreciated. If you want to look amazing and not have to worry ONE BIT, use Le Mariee'. You won't be sorry!
Wedding: 06/21/2014

Private User 5 Reviews
Lori was an absolute gem to work with, she did my hair for my wedding day. I came to my trial with a couple of different pictures of various styles I had in mind, and she really listened to figure out what it is I liked in each style. She is an incredibly kind and personable person, and made me feel very much at ease.

The trial was perfect, because even though we created a hairstyle I liked, Lori took notes to figure out how to make it even better for the day of my wedding. I had every confidence in her, and she definitely came through. My hair was more beautiful than I had imagined and it definitely stayed in place the entire night without feeling/looking "crunchy" from the hair spray.

I would book Lori again in a hear beat, and I definitely recommend her!
Wedding: Recently Married
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I could not be happier with the service we received from Lori with Le Mariee' and her team! When I emailed to inquire about hair and make-up for our wedding day, she responded immediately. She worked with me throughout the whole process and was very personable. I did a trial with Lori which was so much fun. We got the look I wanted down to perfection and she listened to what I envisioned and brought it to life. We had 10 people getting their hair and make up done, so the schedule was a little tight. Lori brought three people to assist to do our hair and make up at the venue and everything went very smoothly! All of the girls looked and felt beautiful. The artists made sure that each girl felt comfortable in their own skin and that they didn't have make up or hair that they didn't like.

Lori used airbrush foundation on me which was a godsend! I'm a crier, and when I cry, I turn RED and blotchy. It's not pretty. Lori used a primer that would help reduce the redness and the airbrushed foundation made me look flawless. I felt gorgeous. I did cry during the ceremony (surprise, surprise) and my make up didn't need to be fixed or touched up. Not only did she do a wonderful job, she was so much fun to work with and to me, that's the most important part! She made sure I was having fun on my wedding day and really made me feel at ease. She tells you everything she's doing while she's doing it and is just so much fun!

Lori also made sure the look I was going for was cohesive with the overall look of my wedding. We talked about the style of my wedding, she saw my dress, we talked about the flowers and all of the details so my make up and hair would fit in with my look as a whole.

The entire experience of working with Le Mariee' from that first email, to the final touches of my lip gloss, was absolutely wonderful! I will definitely be using Lori again in the future, and recommend her to anyone who is looking for hair and make up services!
Wedding: 05/31/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Lori was fantastic. This is the first vendor review I've written for my entire wedding, because I was so eager to tell everyone how much I enjoyed working with Lori! Not only did she do a beautiful job with my hair and makeup, but she was just so fun to hang out with. My sister and I went to her home-studio for my trial a few weeks before the wedding, and we had a blast getting to know each other. I came in with a good idea of what hairstyle I wanted (a vintage 1930s style finger wave). The trial looked great, but there were some tweaks I wanted to do for the wedding. Lori understood me completely and perfected the look on the day of the wedding. Another positive thing about Lori is that she will come on-site to work with just the bride (most people will only do on-site hair/makeup if you have a large bridal party, which I did not). I really appreciated that. My mom and sister ended up booking her for makeup since they loved her so much!
Wedding: 04/27/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I could go on and on about how amazing Lori is, but honestly, her work speaks for itself. I was pretty much decided on Lori just looking through her portfolio - I love her style and the looks she puts together. I was not disappointed.

I received so many compliments on my make up and hair both during and after the wedding. Any time I show people my wedding photos, they immediately comment on how much they love my hair and make up. She is so talented and gave me a really intricate and beautiful updo that not anyone can do. It was not a typical bun - it had twists and beautiful curls that looked ethereal and perfect. You won't get a prom do from Lori - she gives you a sophisticated, chic look that only she can do - she has a such great style and taste. My make up was flawless. She works wonders with her airbrush and I love the colors she uses - bright, yet timeless.

I first met Lori when she did my hair and make up for my engagement photos. She is so sweet and friendly and great to talk to. She gave me a crash course on make up and really understands how make up translates from in person to photographs or video. She was able to put a really beautiful look together after taking a look at my outfits to get the colors right. My make up looked great in person and in photos.

I also did a hair trial with Lori. She spent so much time really trying to give me the hair style that I was envisioning. I am asian and have very straight thick hair that isn't always cooperative. She was really able to work with my hair texture. We made many changes, but she really put in the time and energy to make my wedding look something I would love. She really cares about her brides.

Lori really is worth every penny. This is the one day that you want to look and feel beautiful and Lori will make it happen. Highly recommended!
Wedding: 04/19/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Lori Nansi of Le Mariee' did my make-up for my wedding day and I felt absolutely beautiful! She also did make-up for the bridesmaids and moms of the bride and groom. We asked for a natural soft look and she did exactly that. I felt like myself, but more polished. :) She did just as good a job on everyone else--they looked flawless, natural and beautiful.

She was great to work with: kind, friendly and with out a doubt the MOST responsive person on our wedding team. She responded within seconds of most of my emails and was totally understanding when I made some changes at the last minute. She's exactly the type of person you'd like to have around you on your wedding day... she's patient and makes you feel at ease. It was nice to spend time with her!

One of the bridesmaids even commented that she wished Lori did her make-up on her wedding day!

Here's a link to a few picture highlights of the day. I think her work speaks for itself.

I'll happily recommend her to anyone!
Wedding: 02/15/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I felt like the most beautiful woman on my wedding day, and I owe that all to Lori. My hair and makeup came out better than I ever could have imagined. I had an idea of what I wanted and she totally got what I was going for. I had a bit of a stressful morning on my wedding day and Lori was calm and collected. She helped calm me down during all the craziness when it felt like all the attention was on everyone else and I was getting super emotional. She is a true pro and knows how to deal with large wedding parties and strong personalities.

Having my trial and wedding day hair and makeup done by her was just like having one of your best friends by your side. She is fun, entertaining, and does amazing work! I have been looking through pictures and can’t believe how great my hair and makeup looked even at the very end of the night! She is a little pricey but definitely WORTH IT. It was such a pleasure working with her!
Wedding: 11/23/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I absolutely LOVED Lori and the girls she brought to help out!!!! Lori did my hair and makeup and it was absolutely stunning and I received so many compliments that day! I typically don't wear a huge amount of makeup so Lori went for a more natural look with me and it looked amazing!! I also had a large wedding party, with all of the girls getting their hair done. Although I had only paid for one assistant to come help out, Lori also brought a second assistant, free of charge, to help out so we could all get ready stress-free and without having to rush around. That was such a huge help and made for a fun and calming environment which I definitely needed that morning! Although Le Mariee is slightly more expensive than others I looked at, it was definitely well worth it and I would highly recommend that anyone else on the fence because of the price use Lori. We all had a great time getting ready and looked so beautiful that day- it was well worth the money!!
Wedding: 11/16/2013

Genevieve 2 Reviews
Words and stars aren't enough to convey how absolutely wonderful Lori was on my wedding day. She kicked off the day perfectly and I owe my great sense of calm and assurance to a great beginning to wedding day preparations. Lori was on the ball and somehow knew exactly what I wanted from our initial interactions. She arrived prepared, flexible and personable. She loved my bridal party and they loved her back. Have I mentioned her work was above and beyond what I envisioned or expected? Well it was! I had the most gorgeous hair I could have imagined and my bridesmaids looked rocking. Lori felt like a friend we had all known for years and I couldn't imagine not hiring her! She even helped us with some lashes and offered makeup tips to ladies who did their own. SHE"S AWESOME and deserves well more than 5 stars!!!
Wedding: 11/10/2013

Ann 2 Reviews
Everything was great!! Lori did my mom's make up first which she loved and she normally doesn't wear any. We started my make up when the photographer came and freaked out that I was not completely ready for her. Lori kept me calm and reminded me that it was my day. Once we were done she then helped one of my bridesmaids with her fake eyelashes. It was a wonderful experience.
Wedding: 10/26/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I hired Le Mariee' to do both hair and make-up for my wedding. While I'd read that you usually want to find separate professionals for these two services, Lori was amazing at both and was hands down my favorite wedding vendor. Lori has a true talent and is as comfortable taking feedback from a client as she is making suggestions regarding what will look best. She made me feel beautiful on my wedding day and was easy to work with and so very nice and calm. I don't generally wear a lot of make-up and she did a great job creating a soft, natural look that went well with my personality. Working with Lori is like having a good friend do your make-up, except she's also extremely professional and it shows. What a wonderful, positive personality! She came on time (early, I think!) and was well-prepared. I loved working with Lori and highly recommend Le Mariee'!

Here's what I especially liked about Le Mariee' (Lori), having gone through the DIY wedding process:

#1 - She's EXCEPTIONALLY responsive, more than any other vendor with whom I worked. Lori replied to my initial email within minutes and then consistently provided timely responses and helpful feedback throughout the whole process, including sending good suggestions for day-of scheduling among bridesmaids. I felt like she was an event partner, not just a vendor.

#2 - Lori is willing to do hair and/or make-up for the bride ONLY. A lot of hair/make-up artists require that the bride and bridesmaids all receive services, which can be costly for the bride or the wedding party participants. So I really appreciated this and my wedding party appreciated the option of doing their own hair or having a professional available onsite if they so chose.

#3 - Lori is flexible with the hair and make-up previews. In my case, I didn't want to pay extra for a hair preview, but I did want a trial run on make-up. Lori doesn't require her clients to get previews, which is GREAT for those on a limited budget.

Wedding: 10/25/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Lori is absolutely amazing! She did such a wonderful job on both myself, my bridesmaids and my mother. I felt even more beautiful than I thought I would. I was impressed by her ability to discover my personal style with only a few conversations and to create a look that was true to me. I am so thankful that she was a part of my wedding day. I highly reccommend Lori!
Wedding: 10/19/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Wish I could give more than 5 stars! Lori of Le Mariee has made me feel so comfortable and fabulous from the trial preview to the day of wedding and yes even at the end of the night after many bawdy wedding games, dancing, eating and drinking!

In the beginning of wedding planning, I was specifically looking for a make up artist who had experience with airbrush makeup and tattoo cover-up. During the trial preview, Lori spent hours with me working on matching colors and textures to cover my large back tattoo, give me the cheekbones and beautiful eyes I wanted, and the princess half up do I wanted.

Oh boy did Lori deliver and not just for me, but also my bridesladies, mother in law, and mother! Can I tell you that my usually oily sensitive skin still looked flawless at the end of the night and I did not so much as retouch? And when I told her that I was going to be wearing 4 dresses and I wanted a slightly different hairstyle for each of them, she showed me how my ladies and I could make it happen. We started with an over the top bouffant with a hidden hair donut and pretty barrel curls half up do for my white ballgown dress, then for the second dress change we pinned the curls criss cross for my Chinese silk dress, and we took the pins out for my third dress a white mermaid laceup back with handmade dragon phoenix sash, and for my last transformation I took the donut out and just pulled it all up into a high pony. And oh not a single smear from the back tattoo cover up on any of the dresses -- high quality make up stays put! Can I say that my make up and hair looked AMAZING each and every time -- the colors and emphasis were just right for each of the different looks! And of course, my ladies who are naturally beautiful looked magazine ready and the mothers who don't usually wear makeup loved loved loved being beautified by Lori. So thank you very much Lori of Le Mariee! I know who to recommend or call if a lady ever needs to look her very best!
Wedding: 10/13/2013

Private User 1 Reviews
Lori was so wonderful to work with. Not only is she incredibly talented, but she is THE nicest and coolest person. She did my wedding makeup, my bridesmaids' as well as both moms, and we just looked stunning. Loved the flawless look from the airbrushing, and our makeup seriously stayed perfect all night! We all looked beautiful and true to the look we were going for. She's a true professional, very calming and so easy to talk to. So glad to have had her there, and I highly recommend Lori with Le Mariee to any bride!
Wedding: 1+ year ago
 240-320-3232
Please let this vendor know
you found them on WeddingWire