John Heil Photography

• Responsiveness:  1.0
  • Professionalism:  1.0
  • Value:  1.0
  • Flexibility:  1.0
Having been patient for over the past 11 months, I have decided to write a review in hopes to get John Heils attention.

Me and my wife paid John ALOT of money for his services, up front of course for our wedding August 19, 2012. We had not received a single picture back from John until November 2012 after consistent email requests. At such time, John sent us over a picture "preview" to tie us over for our thank you cards. He of course apologized saying he was "too busy".

Fast forward to June 2013, and after numerous emails to John he has not replied once. It has now been 11 months past our wedding and John Heil has failed to deliver our wedding photographs as promised.

I would never never never recommend him to anyone for their once in a lifetime special day. If there was one day that me and my life wanted photographed, it was our wedding day, plain and simple.

John has ruined that for us.
Wedding: 08/19/2012
1.7/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  1.0
  • Responsiveness:  2.0
  • Professionalism:  1.5
  • Value:  1.0
  • Flexibility:  3.0

Private User 5 Reviews
It is not my norm to write reviews, especially negative ones, however in this case I feel it is necessary to share my experiences with you.

I am extremely disappointed with how our relationship with John has turned out to be. Our wedding photos and album were all paid before hand and were not received until well after our wedding day. Through numerous emails and constant excuses as to why the delay, we finally received our wedding photos 6 months after our wedding. The most disappointing part was to when we received our wedding book. We received our album 18 months after our wedding day.

The amount of grief we had with one excuse after another and another as to why we did not have our finished products were not worth it at the end of it all.
Wedding: 2+ years ago

Michele 1 Reviews
I saw John's work in a bridal magazine and knew immediately that his style was what I wanted for my wedding. When we met he was so easy-going and made us both feel extremely comfortable. Once we saw the photographs we were absolutely thrilled. They are so unique, creative and he managed to capture memories and details that were tremendously important to us without having to even ask us. Everyone who has seen them has been overwhelmed by how incredible they are. Our wedding day was truly horrendous weather-wise, but he made the experience of taking photos in and out of the rain a pleasure. And you absolutely cannot tell that it was pouring rain in any of the photos. If at all possible book him - you will never regret it. Your photographs are the best way to keep the memories of your day fresh, and John did exactly that by capturing the emotion and feel of the day as it was experienced by the two of us. He has a great gift and I can't speak highly enough - nor can I stop staring at my photos!!
Wedding: 10/09/2010
  • Flexibility:  5.0
There is no other time to shine quite like the way you do on your wedding day. Dylan and I were so happy that John captured this. I went in with ideas on how I wanted our pictures to look (style wise), how I wanted them to tell the story of our big day so that when we looked back on them they'd reflect the love Dylan and I were so priveledged to share with our friends and family. We were fortunate to have met John. Here's a photographer who has a natural ability to step inside your head and make the ideas a reality. There are many photographers out there, but John Heil is definately one of a kind. We all know a camera can record what you are seeing. But, you have to truely SEE. He sees everything you feel on your wedding day and captures it beautifully. His photos speak for themselves and thats priceless.

Thanks again John,
Jenny & Dylan

Looking forward to working with John again :)
Wedding: 09/11/2010
4.9/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  4.5
  • Flexibility:  5.0
John was fabulous!!! He was professional and very easy to work with! My husband doesn't like having his picture taken and John made him feel comfortable and at ease.

We would HIGHLY recommend John to anyone looking for a wedding photographer...or for any photographer for that matter!
Wedding: 05/30/2010
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Amazing, sums up our overall experience with John. When we first met John, we immediately knew that we made the right choice having John photograph our wedding. From day one he was extremely accommodating, and quick to answer the numerous emails we sent him. He was friendly, informative, and most importantly, we felt at ease with him. John was so much fun to work with. He made us feel so comfortable on our wedding day, and we had such a blast taking photos throughout the day. When we received our photos we were blown away. They were so creative, fun and really took us through all the different experiences and emotions of our wedding day again. We get so many compliments on our wedding photos because they have such a unique feeling to each and every one of them. We wouldn't hesitate to recommend John to anyone, and we look forward to working with John again in the near future.
Wedding: 09/12/2009
  • Flexibility:  5.0
If a picture speaks a thousand words, then John's photo's are visual symphonies!
This is not your average wedding photographer, he is an artist at the top of his craft, and if you are lucky enough to book him, you will NOT be disappointed. His attention to detail, perfect location shoots, his uncanny way of manipulating natural light any time of day to his advantage (even in the rain!), and keen photoshopping skills keep him in high demand. Not to mention, he's great to work with, flexible, professional, fun and above all committed to create the perfect shot for you. I was 8 months Pregnant and HUGE on my wedding day and John made me feel (and look) amazing. Everyone who looks at our photos are blown away and you'll be too!
Wedding: 09/05/2009
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I believe that there are wedding photographers, and then there are artists who shoot weddings. John is very much the latter. He more than captures the emotion and spirit of the day, like a wedding photog should, but then he takes it a whole lot further and creates a set of unique images that you will just not get from your average wedding photographer. He gets to know his subjects and injects their style into each photo. His enthusiasm and creativity is contagious, allowing everyone (and we had a LARGE wedding party) to have fun during what can be a lengthy session. The photos we received along with the video montage he created for us have garnered high praise by everyone who's seen them. I am so thankful we decided to have John document our day. Note: There is a buzz gathering about this photographer so I would suggest you book him soon!!
Wedding: 08/29/2009
  • Flexibility:  5.0
John is amazing!!!! He has gone beyond our expectations. When I first started my search for a wedding photographer, I searched extremely thoroughly. I must have looked at a minimum of 100 websites, spoke to 10 photographers and met with 5. With John's old website (which was a limited portfolio - he has added A LOT more pics o his new website), I liked some of the pics but I didn't get a clear picture of his artistic direction. I met with him and was blown away with his professionalis and his artistic vision. Right after that meeting, I was so excited and told my then-fiance, "Babe, i think i found the one".

The features in his packages are one of the best out there. He is super easy to work with, and anyone can easily click with him. His little touches are always surpising, touching, and pretty. As for the pics, they are amazing. For any bride or groom out there who is looking for an unconventional, artistic photographer, John is your photographer!
Wedding: 07/25/2009
  • Flexibility:  5.0
John's creativity and keen eye for detail made our wedding photos absolutely amazing. He made us feel so relaxed and calm on our big day, it was such a treat to have him around. I will use John in every possible situation going forward and would recommend him over any other photographer hands down. Picking John to capture your wedding or any other major life event is the right choice, you will not be disappointed!
Wedding: 07/04/2009
  • Flexibility:  5.0
John was ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS! He really understood where my husband and I were coming from with our urban wedding theme. He truly is a master of creating visual art through his photography.

Through his keen eye and attentiveness my husband and I are able to look back and reflect lovingly on the best day of our lives. John has magically captured many special moments for us; our engagement shoot and wedding day memories live forever through his photography.

Without a doubt, I would highly recommend John to anyone looking to have a wonderful experience like we did!
Wedding: 06/20/2009
4.7/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  4.5
  • Value:  4.5
  • Flexibility:  4.5
John Heil is an incredibly talented photographer and we feel so blessed to have had him as our photographer for our wedding. John is very creative with the art of photography and I would give him a recommendation in a heartbeat. We love our photos and are proud of the choice we made to ask John Heil to be our photographer. Thanks John for being so amazing throughtout the photo experience and for making our wedding day photos spectaular.
Wedding: 05/24/2009
  • Flexibility:  5.0
John started out as our wedding photographer but ended up being much more then that to us. He made my husband and I feel completely comfortable in front of the camera that we just relaxed and had fun. The shots exceeded our expectations by far.
I now use John for any photography that comes up including commercial shots!
John is a true professional and actually cares about the project he works on big or small.
I recommend John to anybody who is looking for a photographer whether its wedding or lifestyle, he will not disappoint!
Wedding: 04/04/2009
4.8/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  4.0
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I was having a hard time looking for a wedding photographer because I do not like the traditioinal cookie-cutter sytle that is offered by famous, well established wedding boutiques. Also, some photographers are actually charging ridiculous prices. Therefore, I felt so lucky to come across John's contact online one day! John shoots stylish and modern photos at very reasonal prices. So we picked him as our photographer for the wedding and engagement shots. He is very professional and flexible to meet our requirements and schedules. I will definitely recommend John to my friends and relatives!
Wedding: 11/22/2008
  • Flexibility:  5.0
John did an AMAZING job with our photos! He is very easy to get along with and to work with. He has such a great personality. We have heard awesome comments on our photos such as; "these are the best wedding photos I have seen" and "these are my favorite wedding photos ever". John has a way of capturing the perfect moments of the big important day! He is very creative and definately has an eye for glamour.
Wedding: 09/20/2008
  • Flexibility:  5.0
John was recommended to my husband and I by a close friend of both of ours. John exceeded our expectations in his creativity and innovativeness. We got married on a boat so space was limited but you definitly couldn't tell from the photos. We have recommended John repeatedly to our friends and family and will continue to do so. His passion and love of photography shows in every image you see. Thanks again John!
Wedding: 09/13/2008
 604-765-9355
Please let this vendor know
you found them on WeddingWire