Erica Gray Beauty Company

Value
Flexibility
Recently Married
1.0

She is awful! Not only did she not show up for my wedding she didn't respond to any call or email me and my coordinator sent. She was total MIA and I couldn't find any one last minute. Thank god one of my bridesmaid knew how to do hair and makeup. Avoid at all cost! And she better give me my deposit back or there will be a lawsuit on her hands

Recently Married
0.5

DO NOT USE ERICA! I did a trial with her and hated the way my makeup looked. She applied everything way too heavy - brows, liner, lashes, lips - insisting it had to be that way for the photos instead of listening to what I wanted. Well, my friends and family all think my make-up looks way too heavy in my engagement photos and I feel like the photos are ruined thanks to Erica. My updo was also a stringy mess, and looked nothing like the picture I gave her.

Erica also is dishonest. She charged me more on the day of the trial then she had initially said the trial would cost over email.

I do not understand how her rating can be so high on this website. Given the reviews on this website and theknot, Erica is inconsistent and flaky at best. At the time of my trial I had already booked Erica for my wedding and paid her a deposit since the reviews online are positive overall and she told me that if I didn't book soon my wedding date may no longer be available. After the trial I paid closer attention to the few negative reviews online, and I am so glad that I did. I see that Erica recently flaked on a bride, and from reading all of the reviews you can see she has done this multiple times!

Any Austin area brides should USE DIVAS FABULA INSTEAD!! They did an amazing job on my hair and makeup (I had so many compliments!!) and were JOY to work with!!

Services Used: Beauty & Health

Erica and her assistant Shawn did an amazing job for my wedding. They did hair and makeup for both me (the bride) and my mom. They were efficient, willing to travel, fun to work with and of course turned out beautiful results. I recommend doing a trial run for several reasons...you can fine tune the look you're going for and you get to know Erica outside of the busy frenzy your wedding day can be. I was really emotional on my wedding day and after receiving a really sweet gift from my husband-to-be (and trying not to ruin my pretty make-up), Erica made me crack up! It broke up the moment perfectly and it was all captured on camera...made for a good memory. I couldn't ask for a better experience with my hair and makeup, Erica and her team will make you look and feel absolutely gorgeous :) A+ in my book!

Services Used: Beauty & Health

I LOVED Erica! I have very fine and thin hair and I wanted a more full up do and she pulled it off wonderfully! All of my bridesmaids could hardly believe how full and great my hair looked! We did a trial session together before my bridals which gave us a chance to get to know each other as well as find my perfect wedding day style before the day of. The day of the wedding she arrived right on time with all of her assistants at my parents house. They used time effectiently to get hair and make up done for all 5 bridesmaids, two moms and me. All of the girls loved their hair and make up and were happy with the final product. Erica, not an assistant, gave everyones hair and makeup a final check before leaving. She is extremely talented and her prices were very reasonable. I would highly recommend her as your wedding day hair and make up lady.

Services Used: Beauty & Health

Erica was AMAZING to work with and we all looked beautiful! I would recommend her to anyone. She was willing to negotiate on price, which I really appreciated and did a phenomenal job. Each of my bridesmaids looked incredible and I felt amazing. She and her assistant also did my mom's hair at the last minute, which I really appreciated and my mom loved. Our hair held for the whole night with plenty of dancing. Considering the June weather, our make up also held incredibly well (we all did airbrush make up).

Working with Erica was so much fun, it was like having a friend hanging out with you doing your hair and make up. It was so important to me to be relaxed and have fun getting ready for the wedding and Erica definitely contributed to that!

Services Used: Beauty & Health

I chose Erica Gray beauty for our Austin, Texas wedding on 6-14-14 and wouldn't have had it any other way! My mom and I searched incessantly for beauty services online since we were living in Ohio during our wedding planning process and were first captured by the professionalism of her website. Erica offered to conduct a wedding day hair and makeup trial, opening up her home to me and making me feel at ease as a bride. I brought pictures of the look I wanted to create for my wedding day, and she used my vision, along with her expertise in the field to create the exact hair/makeup I was hoping for on my big day. Erica and her assistants are willing to come to any venue to conduct the services for the bridal party, which many vendors do not. They were on time, outgoing, and did an amazing job! Everyone in my bridal party and family members loved the outcome and their services. I would highly recommend Erica Grey Beauty for your wedding or any other special event. She is a top-notch professional!

Services Used: Beauty & Health

Hire Erica and her team, you won't regret it!

We had so much fun with Erica. I'm so happy with the hair and make up she did for me and my bridesmaids. Everything was gorgeous!

Erica is very professional. She is poised and prompt and always responded to me when I needed her. I can't say enough how much she contributed to such a perfect day for me!

Stacy

Services Used: Beauty & Health

I met Erica at a photo shoot I was helping out at for the event planning company I work for and we immediately clicked! She was a blast to work with and could get along with basically anyone.

I decided to have her as my hair and makeup artist for my own wedding, a big decision being a wedding planner myself! I could not be happier with my decision for so many reasons:

-She got along SO well with all my bridesmaids and the mothers, grandmothers and aunts who had their makeup done. (Not an easy task!) She does an amazing job of finding common ground with anyone and making their experience fun. She even did some false lashes for my bridesmaids - an addition I didn't even ask for.
-She was super flexible with times to do my bridal portraits. She gave me several options to choose from and even ended up coming along to the venue where i had my portraits done to meet my photographer and do some final touch-ups. Above and beyond!
-After I had a look at my bridal portraits (something I advice EVERY bride to do) there were a couple of things I wanted to have done differently. Nothing major, just some things I more so changed my mind about and wanted to tweak with my hair. She completely understood what I wanted to change and executed my vision perfectly.
-On the day of the wedding she was completely calm and collected. She wasn't stressed for time and didn't make me feel nervous.
-I didn't even need to tell Erica what look I wanted my bridesmaids to have. She made each of my unique bridesmaids look beautiful but also managed to give them a clean, uniform look.
-Erica gave me an amount of time she thought she would need to do all 11 of my wedding party and she stuck to it perfectly. She had an assistant with her who also did an amazing job.

Basically Erica is the coolest. I would recommend her to anyone who wants a makeup artist who is equally talented and fun to work with.

Services Used: Beauty & Health

Erica did an amazing job, could not be happier with how my makeup turned out! My makeup lasted through several hours of tears, hugs, and dancing. One of the things I appreciate most about Erica is that she always responded right away to any email questions I had - the month before the wedding was crazy busy, and I loved that I never had to chase her down for a response or ask her the same question more than once.

My makeup was gorgeous - she made me look glamorous, but completely natural. I know that I will look back on our wedding photos and be thrilled with how I looked, Erica is great!

Stephanie
09/26/2013

I really lucked out by getting Erica Gray. Our wedding was a destination wedding and seeing that you can't just run over and have a trial setting whenever you want can be nerve wrecking. Erica is AWESOME!!! She was able to look at the pictures I had sent her and we just hit it off right away. If you have the chance to book her you NEED to book her!!! Her assistant (Jasmine) is amazing too! They did wonders to me, my mom and my bridesmaids!

Services Used: Beauty & Health

I couldn't have been happier working with Erica for my makeup. I used her for both my bridal pictures and on my wedding day. She does such a great job! On my wedding day, she had a major family emergency but she still showed up to the venue to do my makeup. I felt so bad for her and what had happened to her mom, but she was extremely professional and still did an amazing job even though it was obvious she was upset and in tears. Even though she was having a family emergency, she still put my needs as a bride first and there is no one else I would recommend to do your wedding day makeup.

Services Used: Beauty & Health

I think Erica did an overall great job with hair and makeup. She did my hair and makeup for my bridal portrait and I gave her a guideline of what I wanted and I loved what she did. It was a very intricate braid pulled into a bun. She did take a really long time, so make sure you account for extra time on your hair. She also did my makeup, but it wasn't airbrushed. For the wedding she brought a makeup artist who did air brushing and it was awesome. She also brought another hair assistant, but she ended up not knowing what she was doing which ended up costing us some wasted time. So again make sure you leave plenty of time and tell her exactly what you want if you know or bring pictures. She does talk in baby talk and she is pretty particular about noise, but she powers through. I think she would do better with smaller groups bc she seems to get overwhelmed easily. But she and the makeup artist did great with 11+ people!

1 Review
2+ years ago
1.8

Trial was decent so I picked her for my wedding day. Forewarned her my sisters were very picky and critical. They are used to having hair and makeup done professionally. Erica assured me working in NY she had dealt with this type of client. Apparently not! It's not wrong for a client to know what they want and voice it. It's also not wrong for a client to expect you, the professional, to be creative and have ideas.

Having to fix makeup and hair shouldn't happen ever, esp for the amount she charges. She works very slowly and cracks under pressure as she did with the 4 of us. She cried! Let me tell you, we aren't mean people, but we are strong women who know what we want. We expect professionalism, knowledge, and experience- a lot of what she needs to work on. She's young and I think she needs more experience. Her "assistant" needed major guidance, she was not experienced. I even heard her tell someone she had just graduated from hair school 3 weeks prior! Hmmm.... Hair school, 3 weeks, but you're having her do makeup. Really?

Erica Gray Beauty Company responded with the following comments:

I am always saddened when a bride did not feel fully-satisfied with our business. With over fifteen years of experience, including 7 years working in the fashion industry in NYC, I pride myself on bringing creativity and knowledge to each job. My assistant is licensed aesthetician and feels the same way! This was a difficult job, but everyone looked great in the end, and in the end that is most important. Erica

1 Review
2+ years ago

I absolutely love Erica!! I hired her to do make-up for myself, 8 bridesmaids, and my mother on my wedding day and it was fantastic! There were times leading up to the wedding where things got a little stressful, and Erica was so easy to talk to and calming, she really helped me relax. She is fun to have around a crazy group of girls :) I would recommend her to anyone!! Thank you Erica!!

Services Used: Beauty & Health

Erica and her team did wedding hair and makeup for me and my bridal party this past weekend. As anyone can see from her photos, she does a fantastic job with hair and makeup. Not only is her work beautiful, but the fact that my bridesmaids walked away from our session talking about how much they enjoyed Erica really speaks volumes! She is so easy to work with and I will be recommending her to every bride I know. THANK YOU ERICA!!

Services Used: Beauty & Health

Erica Gray Beauty Company did a great job for me and my bridesmaids on my wedding day. I had a bad experience with a previous company I had contacted so was excited to find out Erica had availability and was so easy to work with. I was impressed with how easily she recreated a hairstyle I liked at our trial. I'm kind of a picky person so that says a lot! On the day of my wedding she arrived on time and everything went smoothly. Her and her assistant (who did our makeup) were very efficient and made everyone look great! They were both very friendly and I had a great time working with them. Would recommend her to anybody!:)