Ed's Country Bakery

Ed's Country Bakery

4309 Cap Stine Rd
Frederick, MD 21703 | map
Desserts: Cookies, Cupcakes, Pastries
Additional services: Consultations, On-site Delivery, On-site Setup, Pick...
Health license: Yes

Value:
Flexibility:
(4.9 / 5.0)
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Before your testing, you get to choose a couple different cake flavors, and Ed has traditional and butter cream frosting for you to try with each cake. He gives you full-size cupcakes of each pairing, so come prepared to eat a lot of cake!
FH and I taste tested almond, chocolate, and carrot cake, but settled on the almond cake with the traditional butter cream. It has so much flavor, and is unlike any cake I've had before. To make sure we covered our bases, we had a tasting with another vendor in the area, who had seemingly won every award in the cake baking world. Ed's cakes were far superior to the other vendor (and much cheaper too!) There definitely won't be any cake left on the guest's plates at our wedding!

• Wedding: 05/31/2015
KellyMarie
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Ed’s Bakery was exactly what we wanted for our wedding! We met Ed one summer afternoon at his family oriented bakery. We ordered and tasted cupcakes, and they were delicious! We set up our order right away! Not only did Ed bake, decorate, deliver, and set-up the cupcakes, but he even let us use our own cupcake stand which we decided to purchase. Our guests loved the cupcakes and raved about how delicious they were. Ed’s Bakery was great, and didn’t break the bank!

• Wedding: 07/12/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I ordered about 8 dozen cupcakes and a 6" round cake from Ed for my wedding. I was impressed by the variety of flavors that they had (frosting and cake). I wasn't able to taste any of the cupcakes but the guests loved them. My husband and I got the lemon cake with strawberry filling for our round cake and it was delicious! The price was pretty good compared to all the other bakeries, and support the local bakery!

• Wedding: 06/21/2014
Joyce
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My daughter was married on November 30, 2013 at Musket Ridge. She did not want a traditional wedding cake. We discussed our desire with Ed and he provided us with two kinds of cheesecakes (pumpkin and chocolate chip) in miniature cupcake size. They were very tasty. He also provided us with a cupcake stand that made the presentation a bit more fancy.

Thanks for contributing to a wonderful day. I would highly recommend using Ed's Country Bakery!

• Wedding: 11/30/2013
Judy
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We used Ed’s Bakery for our wedding cake for our November 2013 wedding. It was delicious and decorated beautifully, and we received many compliments from our guests. We described what we wanted and Ed provided a cake within our budget. We loved using this family run “old fashioned” business.

• Flexibility: 5.0

What a total gem of a bakery!

I planned our wedding long distance, and Ed worked with me over e-mail to come up with the most perfect cake. I sent him pictures of what I wanted and he nailed it exactly. My family went to meet him and taste flavors prior to the wedding, and he prepared four cupcakes in each flavor combination for them to test out (tasting is not free, but at $6 for four cupcakes in a given flavor and considering how low the prices are overall, this place is a bargain).
And the cake itself, well, what else can I say except that it was the best wedding cake I've ever tasted! It did not cost extra to have different cake/filling flavors in the different tiers, so we were able to serve a variety of delicious types of cake. I am already sad that we're out of leftovers and am looking forward to digging in to that top layer next October...

The cake is beyond delicious, the prices are super reasonable, and the designs are lovely. Highly recommend Ed's Country Bakery!!!

• Flexibility: 5.0

Ed's Country Bakery provided us with great service during our consultation for our wedding cake! Ed guided us through the process to make sure we chose the cake and design that best represented us. The cake turned out so beautiful and was absolutely delicious! All of our guests LOVED the cake and also loved that it was from a local bakery made with fresh ingredients. I will be ordering birthday, anniversary, etc, cakes/baked goods from here from now on!

• Wedding: 09/28/2013
4.9/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The cake was beautiful and exactly what we asked for! We got the spice cake and it was super moist and flavorful.

• Wedding: 09/01/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We had a great experience with Ed's Country Bakery for our wedding cake! The cake was delicious, looked beautiful, and arrived on time without any hassle or issue. We had a pleasant experience during the tasting, and several people commented on how good the cake was during the wedding! We would absolutely recommend Ed's.

• Wedding: 07/20/2013
Jennifer
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We used Ed for our wedding cake and it turned out wonderfully! The cake was delicious, moist and beautiful. Ed was very responsive and easy to work with. He even decorated the cake with flowers and delivered it to the venue which made things very easy for us.

• Wedding: 07/05/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Working with Ed was so easy and he was able to create exactly the look we were going for...and the cake tasted FABULOUS!

• Wedding: 06/08/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We searched high and low for a good local pie baker, since we were having wedding pie instead of cake, and were so thrilled when we found Ed's Country Bakery. We ordered Cherry, Raspberry, Lemon Meringue, Chocolate Cream and Apple pies, and so many of our guests commented on how delicious they all were! Ed was so easy to work with, and we could not be happier.

• Wedding: 05/31/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Best cake I have ever had! Absolutely gorgeous too! Highly recommend and will use again!

• Flexibility: 5.0

We decided to go with pies for our wedding and foudn Ed's Country Bakery. They were amazing. They made us 28 pies and everyone we talked to loved them. We had pumpkin, peanut butter, chocolate cream, and apple. We personally ate pumpkin and peanut butter and they tasted great. They are so good that we are making sure we go back once a month for a pie. The peanut butter pie is amazing.

Anonymous
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Ed was wonderful. He did exactly what we wanted and the cake was delicious!! He was able to create the look of fondant without using it. He delivered it himself and the guests raved about it! He was a little difficult to call only because of the timing of his hours. On the flip side, he called me to remind me of upcoming payments which was awesome a week before the wedding when everyone needs money. I highly recommend Ed!

• Wedding: 10/27/2012
4.8/5.0
  • Flexibility: 4.0

We had a three tiered cake for 130 wedding guests from Ed's country bakery and it was amazing! Two of the layers were pumpkin with cream cheese filling, and one of the layers was chocolate cake with peanut butter filling. All the favors we sampled were great, But those two were our favorites. The night of the wedding I got many compliments about how good the cake was, it tasted good and was moist. I didn't want a cake that just looked good but didn't taste good, but with Ed I got both taste and decorations that I loved (simple but elegant).

I also felt the price was very reasonable based on what I saw out there, and the high quality I felt I received.

Of all my vendors Ed's country bakery is one of the few i would recommend with no reservations.

• Wedding: 10/13/2012
301-788-5409
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards