Davids Bridal

Davids Bridal

Favorite
Sioux Falls, SD
Is this your business? Claim this listing
• Customize your Storefront with your business info
• Network with and learn from other professionals
• Showcase your work with photos & videos
• Collect reviews from your clients and build more credibility

Quality of Service
Flexibility
3.5
Recently Married
0.2

Lana at the Sioux Falls, SD store is very rude and unhelpful. If I bought a bra online, they would allow me to return it. If I buy instore, they would not allow it. She was like "if you would just let me finish.... we always tell people it's final sale." No, your employee did not! They have you sign what looks like a credit card slip but actually says all sales final farther above the signature line that no one probably reads. She claims to only be willing to help me return it if I buy something of equal or more expensive value. So why can I return it if I buy something else? Why is that allowed? Does that mean her reasoning of "well you may have worn it" when my wedding date is more than a month away and they can see that no longer applies. So they don't care if I have worn it if I buy something more expensive? Stay far, far away. I believe she was also the rude lady who called me when my dress came in. Apparently they emailed me 2 weeks earlier, which I did not receive. She said "well dress needs to be picked up in 2 weeks" but they never called until the time was up! Then, she said if I don't pick it up they may return it to the company. I had already bought the dress. Do not buy from here if you want any HUMAN response. Lana is a stone cold lady with no empathy.

Recently Married
2.6

David's Bridal is hit or miss. The first time I went, I had a wonderful experience. I had the first appointment of the day, so there were not very many other brides in the store. I had the full attention of my consultant. The second time I went, the experience wasn't so great. It was the middle of the afternoon, and my consultant was working with other brides. I only saw her when I got there and when I left. It was disappointing. The third time I went there was to look for bridesmaid dresses. We received limited attention from the consultant. I brought my dress back to be altered after I got it. They quoted me at $250 and refused to make some of the changes that I wanted done. Later I took the dress to a different alteration shop and I was able to do all the changes that I wanted for only $80. I would suggest not getting the dress altered at David's Bridal.

Services Used: Dress & Attire

I have been very pleased with David's Bridal (Sioux Falls location) through my whole dress experience. When I was choosing my dress, my consultant was very funny and helpful throughout. She read my body language and knew before I did which dress was the one for me. My dress is a perfect fit for me, and they have been extremely nice through this whole process.

1+ year ago
2.1

Overall, I was not very impressed with David's Bridal in Sioux Falls. The people were not ride by any means, but they weren't overly professional or personal. The dress quality is about average and we received them very quickly when ordered. What I was most upset about was the absolutely outrageous cost if altering a simple strapless bridesmaid dress. It was a $120 dress that needed to be taken in on the sides and they asked $110 TO ALTER it. I was floored and took the dress elsewhere

1.8

If you're plus size, keep looking.. Although their staff is friendly enough and their prices are decent, their in store plus size selection sucks. I was told I could try on a similar style to the one I wanted and then order the one i wanted and hope it fit & looked the way I wanted. The same with their bridesmaids dresses. One that I was looking at wasn't even available in the store and only online. After going in there a few times & not liking much of what they have, I've been looking elsewhere.

Anonymous
2+ years ago
3.5

I went into this store for my fitting and the girl who was supposed to help me was extremely unprofessional. First off we got there at the appropriate time for the fitting but we had to wait another 20 minutes before we could be helped. However I feel we would have been better off without our helper. She didn't listen to what we told her. She asked at least 3 different times what style I liked and completely disregarded what I said. She brought me dresses that were nothing that I liked. When I told her that she kept nagging at me to try them on anyways. I did finally try on one of them, hated it, but after that no matter what dress I tried on after she kept saying she liked the one she picked out best. There was one that I had kind of liked but because of her attitude I didn't want to have any business with them. I actually ended up visiting a friend in Minnesota and bought the dress I had liked at the David's Bridal there instead.

I did get my dress altered at the one in sioux falls though and again it was more trouble than it was worth. I needed to get it taken in and the woman helping me didn't listen either. I told her it was too tight, but she kept insisting that it needed to be tight to keep the dress up (it was strapless). It wasn't until I almost passed out that she finally took it out a little.

I will admit the prices can be wonderful. I got my dress on clearance and with the alterations I paid about $350. Some of the other dresses can range quite a bit though. So I would solely recommend David's bridal for the prices, Not the service!

Bridget
2+ years ago
0.8

I paid $800 for a wedding dress. When I took it in to be altered they gave me the wrong slip and thus altered it to the wrong slip!! When questioning them about it they tried to say it was the seamstress preference, and either slip would work. I had a fit and flare dress, it was altered to an A-line slip. I found out it was wrong by calling Davids Bridal in Bismarck, ND whom told me they were unsure what Sioux Falls, SD was talking about since the dress came with a recommendation and the A-Line slip was not recommended. When exchanging the slip, my dress ended up being to long for my wedding and dance and guest were constantly stepping on it. The seamstress told me that the slip would not change the length of the dress!! The bustling was obvious done quickly and poorly and it didn't even bring the back of the dress up high enough to get it off the floor and thus the train was constantly dragging.

I would also like to mention that every time we've ever been in the Sioux Falls SD store the staff is usually rude. We end up wondering around the store for 30 min or more waiting to be helped.

I would not recommend this store!

3.6

Davids Bridal was the FIRST place that my mom & I went to try on wedding dresses. The staff was GREAT & understood what I wanted for my dress... even if I didn't! My wedding dress experience was PERFECT... BUT when it was time for bridesmaids, it was the WORST experience. The girl that worked with us didn't even seem like she wanted to help nor did she pay attention to what we wanted. She acted as if we were an inconvience for her. I would recommend Davids Bridal for brides but NOT for bridesmaids.

Services Used: Dress & Attire

The staff at David's Bridal in Sioux Falls was AMAZING!!! They were there for me during the entire experience. They even followed up with me after I purchased my gown to get me on track with ordering my bridesmaid's dresses. My sister's dress had a snag in it, and they had no problem exchanging it for a brand new prestine dress. The alterations department was great! They showed me many different bustles to chose from and I absolutely love the choice I went with. Everything was very affordable. I even got my rehearsal dinner dress from them. I will definitely shop there in the future and recommend them to my family and friends! Thanks David's Bridal!!!

1.4

I got my dress for a great deal but I found their staff to be very unhelpful. When it got closer to my wedding I decided I needed a boostia. Not only were they rude but they tried to sell me a used one black with other peoples sweat for $85! Telling me that was the only one they had!

Services Used: Dress & Attire

I had a fabulous experience with David's Bridal in Sioux Falls. I purchased a beautiful wedding dress there, the mother of the groom's dress and my 10-year-old daughter's "maid of honor dress." We tried on a dress for my daughter, but wanted it in a different color. When the dress came in, for whatever reason, it was too small. However, Kris, the manager, helped me find something I liked even better and ordered it in her size from another store.

My experience and customer service there was great. The only thing I would caution anyone on is to look elsewhere for alterations, as they are really expensive. My wedding dress was $100 and I was quoted $100 for alterations. I had it done locally for $40.

Working with David's Bridal was an excellent experience!

Services Used: Dress & Attire

I am so happy that I went with David's Bridal because I found the dress that I really liked and knew it was the one! They were helpful and their prices are reasonable. Also, I got a great discount on my dress and everything that I needed for my special day. I was kinda afraid I wouldn't be able to find a dress that I liked and one that would look good on me...but I DID!!!! The workers were friendly. I would recommend them.

Services Used: Dress & Attire

Davids Bridal in Rapid City, SD were very helpful. The alterations department went above and beyond and did a wonderful job on my dress.

Services Used: Dress & Attire

I had a very good experience at Davids Bridal. My Maid of Honor came with and we ended up finding the dress I wanted right away and ordering it the same day. The girls all looked beautiful. The dresses came about a month earlier than I expected also, so we were very happy with that as well!

4.2

I loved my dress and all of my brides maids dresses they were amazing I did have a problem with the alterations manager when I called she was very rude and pretty much accused me of lying. I was very upset after speaking with her and almost pulled my business altogether but in the end I am glad that I didn't I ended up being very happy and no long dealt with her.

ajg2009
11/06/2009

My dress and the bridesmaids' were absolutely stunning!! ... hardly any alterations needed and the bustle worked wonders! (Everyone was always very helpful in the store.)