Davids Bridal

Davids Bridal

Sioux falls, SD
605.361.2656
Is this your business? Claim this listing
• Customize your Storefront with your business info
• Network with and learn from other professionals
• Showcase your work with photos & videos
• Collect reviews from your clients and build more credibility

Quality of Service
3.6
Responsiveness
3.8
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility
3.7

I have been very pleased with David's Bridal (Sioux Falls location) through my whole dress experience. When I was choosing my dress, my consultant was very funny and helpful throughout. She read my body language and knew before I did which dress was the one for me. My dress is a perfect fit for me, and they have been extremely nice through this whole process.

Private User
1 Review
Recently Married
2.1

Overall, I was not very impressed with David's Bridal in Sioux Falls. The people were not ride by any means, but they weren't overly professional or personal. The dress quality is about average and we received them very quickly when ordered. What I was most upset about was the absolutely outrageous cost if altering a simple strapless bridesmaid dress. It was a $120 dress that needed to be taken in on the sides and they asked $110 TO ALTER it. I was floored and took the dress elsewhere

1.8

If you're plus size, keep looking.. Although their staff is friendly enough and their prices are decent, their in store plus size selection sucks. I was told I could try on a similar style to the one I wanted and then order the one i wanted and hope it fit & looked the way I wanted. The same with their bridesmaids dresses. One that I was looking at wasn't even available in the store and only online. After going in there a few times & not liking much of what they have, I've been looking elsewhere.

Anonymous
2+ years ago
3.5

I went into this store for my fitting and the girl who was supposed to help me was extremely unprofessional. First off we got there at the appropriate time for the fitting but we had to wait another 20 minutes before we could be helped. However I feel we would have been better off without our helper. She didn't listen to what we told her. She asked at least 3 different times what style I liked and completely disregarded what I said. She brought me dresses that were nothing that I liked. When I told her that she kept nagging at me to try them on anyways. I did finally try on one of them, hated it, but after that no matter what dress I tried on after she kept saying she liked the one she picked out best. There was one that I had kind of liked but because of her attitude I didn't want to have any business with them. I actually ended up visiting a friend in Minnesota and bought the dress I had liked at the David's Bridal there instead.

I did get my dress altered at the one in sioux falls though and again it was more trouble than it was worth. I needed to get it taken in and the woman helping me didn't listen either. I told her it was too tight, but she kept insisting that it needed to be tight to keep the dress up (it was strapless). It wasn't until I almost passed out that she finally took it out a little.

I will admit the prices can be wonderful. I got my dress on clearance and with the alterations I paid about $350. Some of the other dresses can range quite a bit though. So I would solely recommend David's bridal for the prices, Not the service!

Bridget
1 Review
2+ years ago
0.8

I paid $800 for a wedding dress. When I took it in to be altered they gave me the wrong slip and thus altered it to the wrong slip!! When questioning them about it they tried to say it was the seamstress preference, and either slip would work. I had a fit and flare dress, it was altered to an A-line slip. I found out it was wrong by calling Davids Bridal in Bismarck, ND whom told me they were unsure what Sioux Falls, SD was talking about since the dress came with a recommendation and the A-Line slip was not recommended. When exchanging the slip, my dress ended up being to long for my wedding and dance and guest were constantly stepping on it. The seamstress told me that the slip would not change the length of the dress!! The bustling was obvious done quickly and poorly and it didn't even bring the back of the dress up high enough to get it off the floor and thus the train was constantly dragging.

I would also like to mention that every time we've ever been in the Sioux Falls SD store the staff is usually rude. We end up wondering around the store for 30 min or more waiting to be helped.

I would not recommend this store!

3.6

Davids Bridal was the FIRST place that my mom & I went to try on wedding dresses. The staff was GREAT & understood what I wanted for my dress... even if I didn't! My wedding dress experience was PERFECT... BUT when it was time for bridesmaids, it was the WORST experience. The girl that worked with us didn't even seem like she wanted to help nor did she pay attention to what we wanted. She acted as if we were an inconvience for her. I would recommend Davids Bridal for brides but NOT for bridesmaids.

Services Used: Dress & Attire

The staff at David's Bridal in Sioux Falls was AMAZING!!! They were there for me during the entire experience. They even followed up with me after I purchased my gown to get me on track with ordering my bridesmaid's dresses. My sister's dress had a snag in it, and they had no problem exchanging it for a brand new prestine dress. The alterations department was great! They showed me many different bustles to chose from and I absolutely love the choice I went with. Everything was very affordable. I even got my rehearsal dinner dress from them. I will definitely shop there in the future and recommend them to my family and friends! Thanks David's Bridal!!!

1.4

I got my dress for a great deal but I found their staff to be very unhelpful. When it got closer to my wedding I decided I needed a boostia. Not only were they rude but they tried to sell me a used one black with other peoples sweat for $85! Telling me that was the only one they had!

Services Used: Dress & Attire

I had a fabulous experience with David's Bridal in Sioux Falls. I purchased a beautiful wedding dress there, the mother of the groom's dress and my 10-year-old daughter's "maid of honor dress." We tried on a dress for my daughter, but wanted it in a different color. When the dress came in, for whatever reason, it was too small. However, Kris, the manager, helped me find something I liked even better and ordered it in her size from another store.

My experience and customer service there was great. The only thing I would caution anyone on is to look elsewhere for alterations, as they are really expensive. My wedding dress was $100 and I was quoted $100 for alterations. I had it done locally for $40.

Working with David's Bridal was an excellent experience!

Services Used: Dress & Attire

I am so happy that I went with David's Bridal because I found the dress that I really liked and knew it was the one! They were helpful and their prices are reasonable. Also, I got a great discount on my dress and everything that I needed for my special day. I was kinda afraid I wouldn't be able to find a dress that I liked and one that would look good on me...but I DID!!!! The workers were friendly. I would recommend them.

Services Used: Dress & Attire

Davids Bridal in Rapid City, SD were very helpful. The alterations department went above and beyond and did a wonderful job on my dress.

Services Used: Dress & Attire

I had a very good experience at Davids Bridal. My Maid of Honor came with and we ended up finding the dress I wanted right away and ordering it the same day. The girls all looked beautiful. The dresses came about a month earlier than I expected also, so we were very happy with that as well!

4.2

I loved my dress and all of my brides maids dresses they were amazing I did have a problem with the alterations manager when I called she was very rude and pretty much accused me of lying. I was very upset after speaking with her and almost pulled my business altogether but in the end I am glad that I didn't I ended up being very happy and no long dealt with her.

ajg2009
11/06/2009

My dress and the bridesmaids' were absolutely stunning!! ... hardly any alterations needed and the bustle worked wonders! (Everyone was always very helpful in the store.)

0.3

David's Bridal is something else. I've gone to two, one in Richfield, MN and one in Sioux Falls, SD. They overbook your slot, so you don't get personalized service or lots of attention, especially if you aren't determined to buy your dress there. They promise the world to you to sell you the dresses and only come up with the sandbox. I told both sales ladies (one in each store) that I wasn't going to buy a dress for myself or a style of a dress for my bridesmaids if it didn't have straps or straps couldn't be added. Both ladies failed to mention the regulations for adding straps or should I say the "inability" to add straps at David's Bridal itself. With my dress my totally amazing seamstress told me that she could add straps up to 1/2" without breaking the contract. Then when my sister and sister-in-laws dresses came in (they didn't have straps, but I was told they could be added) I was told that they couldn't make the straps but they could add them on if we made them. After the spaghetti straps were made by my cousin-in-law, my sister brought them back to David's Bridal in Sioux Falls and then they said, oh no we can't add them, it's against our contract. Then when my sister had her final fitting, the dress hem had too much cut off and it was crooked. (So it was a good thing that my sister had also bought dress flats to wear for the dance, which of course she had to wear the whole day.) By that time, I was rather peeved and because they had messed up the hem they were going to fix it and to make up for messing up the dress they were going to put the straps on too. The three bridesmaids that went back to David's Bridal, either in Sioux Falls or Richfield, to have alterations, none of them had hems come out correctly. I forgot to mention at the beginning when I bought the style of the bridesmaids dresses I asked if once the dresses came in that if two of the dresses could be store to store transfered for free, because I know other retailers have that service. I was told yes they could. However, when the dresses came in they told me they couldn't do a store to store transfer, but they could ship them directly to me for $15. Basically, they are there to sell you the dress and get you hooked in their web. Now I just need to find someone else to clean and preserve my dress.

2.0

Not overly impressed. Walking through the doors of Davids Bridal w/out an appt ... Not a good idea. I had one bridesmaid who was a "fly by the seat of her pants" sort of girl, and was not one to want to try on dresses every day. We had been driving by Davids Bridal and she offered to try on. Being this was probably on one chance of the month we decided to just drop in. I was advised at the front desk, that being I didnt have an appt the staff would not help me one bit. Althought I was fine with that (I can carry the dress, zip it up, ect) it was rather rude.
Next ... Not impressed with pushing me into buying the dress straight from the rack that was nasty and dirty with makeup, not to mention streched out by the 12 girls before me who thought they fit into that dress but really didn't.
Price was not really bad, but they are a little extreem. I used the Davids Bridal CC, and you can bet that baby was PAID OFF ASAP to avoid the "break the bank" APR/Inerest rates.
Alterations, thankfully I didnt need to have any done on my bridal gown, but a couple of my bridesmaids did and they would have basically given up an arm and a let to get something as petty as shortening straps completed. Thankfully, we got the dresses press there, and found a in home gal who completed everything for everything that needed it, the night before the wedding for the price that Davids would have charged for just one!
Over all, I found Davids Bridal to be Rude, Pushy, and EXPENSIVE!!!!!! If the city I lived had a lot of other large company options I would have done a lot more shopping around. I was happy with my dress, and my wedding day was perfect, but I do think some stress provided by Davids Briday could have been avoided.