Cherry Blossom Events

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

We live in Chicago and worked with Sarah for our Madison wedding in August 2015. We invested in a custom package that helped us with planning, finding vendors and day of coordination. We cannot not say enough good things about the services Cherry Blossom Events provides and how much it was worth every penny. Sarah sent us a checklist every month, met with us when we were in town, made herself available by phone, and handled all the minor details for us - especially the ones that seemed overwhelming. She was also great with embracing and helping me flesh out a way to achieve a vintage sports themes wedding, which even my mom had a hard time wrapping her mind around. But not Sarah, she helped me knock it out of the park so to speak. Also, when my grandfather passed the week before the wedding, not only was Sarah a great shoulder to cry on, but she handled everything so I could focus on funeral arrangements. It really felt like all I had to do was to show up on my wedding day and enjoy, which I did. Many brides will tell you to hire a wedding planner and I could not agree more, but I would add an additional clause and say hire Cherry Blossom Events. Thank you so much Sarah :-)

Services Used: Wedding Planning

I had an amazing experience working with Cherry Blossom Events for my wedding. I purchased the day of coordination package, and I don't know how people do it without a wedding planner, at least for the logistics of the actual wedding day. Our wedding planner did all of the day of setup, created a timeline for the vendors and wedding party to follow, and troubleshooted multiple mishaps. My mom broke her ankle the weekend before my wedding, and Meghan checked in with her constantly throughout the day and made sure that she was comfortable and that she was still being included in everything. I provided them with my decorations and a rough layout of where I wanted them, but CBE put the decor together so seamlessly and effortlessly and when I walked into my reception space it took my breath away. They responded promptly to my emails, they were accommodating, and their experience and opinions truly brought everything together to match my vision perfectly. Excellent company with excellent employees.

Services Used: Wedding Planning

I wanted to thank Cherry Blossom Events for the amazing job they did making my daughter's wedding dream a reality! Meghan was our wedding coordinator and I can
not say enough good things about the professional and friendly job she and her team did! She did an amazing job executing and coordinating the wedding which allowed all of us to simply enjoy! She was worth her weight in gold! Thank you again for everything!

Services Used: Wedding Planning

Other than choosing my groom, hiring Sarah with Cherry Blossom events is the best decision I made for our wedding. I'm not being dramatic or overly sentimental... She was seriously everything I dreamed of as a wedding planner. My fiancé and I are very busy physicians and we had minimal time to put into meeting with her or surveying options. Sarah bent over backwards to find times to meet us that fit our schedule and when meeting wasn't needed, she was always responsive by email. She was the perfect advisor, decision maker, organizer, and designer. But most importantly, she is a lovely person. She is warm, funny, honest and truly excited about her job.
One quick story that truly exemplifies their work ethic and dedication of Cherry Blossom. Three weeks prior to my wedding, my mother was involved in a horrible car accident and suffered a severe spinal cord injury. Sarah tactfully took care of making final decisions and answering required emails /questions from vendors. She took as much off my plate as she could - to allow me to spend time in the ICU with my mom. The day of the wedding she made sure everything was wheelchair accessible and that my mom would be able to experience everything. She helped coordinate getting my mom from the hospital to the salon, to the wedding, and to the reception and made sure she was able to eat prior to needing to return to the hospital. Only just a week or two prior we weren't even sure if my mom would be able to sit in a wheelchair much less go to all parts of he wedding. Sarah's support of my family during a time of tradgedy was amazing and her ability to rework final details to involve my mother in the wedding was truly above and beyond any of my expectations. And she did it naturally - without me ever asking.
If I could rate them 500 stars, I would. They have my highest recommendation.

Services Used: Wedding Planning

I don’t know where to start to share how blown away I was with Cherry Blossom Events. I worked with Andrea on a partial planning package. Andrea and her team executed my dream wedding! Our venue was a barn, which was basically a shell that we had to fill up with whatever we wanted – from renting and/or bringing in every table, chair, and every single decoration that we had. Andrea was so detailed and knew exactly where to go to pull together my vision. Andrea was extremely responsive and patient with all my questions! I had so much fun meeting with her and sharing my ideas. She took every one of my ideas and perfectly captured it. She had such good input and style. My mom kept emphasizing as we discussed the wedding that Andrea was the best decision we made when beginning the planning process and after reflected on the day. Andrea and her team worked so hard and designed a perfect look – and on top of that it was SO stress free for me, the groom, our family, and all our friends! One of my bridesmaids commented that there was not an ounce of stress and there were zero tense moments during the day. That was all due to Cherry Blossom Events. I honestly don’t think I would change a thing from our day – it was absolutely perfect and I don’t think I wiped the smile on my face all day. I’d highly recommend Cherry Bloom Events to everyone!

Recently Married

I could not have dreamed up a better fit for a wedding planner! Andrea was more that I had ever imaged a planner could be! She was my voice when I was feeling too overwhelmed to find my own, and her organizational skills trumped ANY I have ever seen, she was so on top of everything and so well put together! But most importantly, she genuinely cared about making everything that Chris and I envisioned for our wedding come to life! She took over at all the right times, and stood back and listened at all the right times! She is professional, honest and loyal, and SOOO well prepared (she had a needle and thread, and a steady hand ready to go within seconds to sew the strap back on my wedding dress (with me in it!!!) after it ripped off 5 mins before my ceremony, AHHHH!!!). I was so confident that she was always looking out for us and had our best interest at heart, she knew when something would be PERFECT just for us, or when something just didn't feel quite right and wasn't afraid to say it! She helped out my mother with difficult decisions and even kept in contact with my wedding party throughout the whole process. She went above and beyond her job responsibility to make sure everything went smoothly for my family and I even after the wedding! She was more like a friend to us than a hired wedding planner! It is obvious that this is what she was meant to do! There are no words to explain how thankful I am that our paths crossed. Cherry Blossom Events and Andrea totally understood my vision from day one and made it happen! I can honestly say, 4 weeks after my wedding, that there is not one thing about my wedding ceremony or my reception that I would change! I loved every minute of it and I owe it all to Andrea at CBE for helping to make my day EVERYTHING I dreamed it would be!!

Services Used: Wedding Planning

I hired CBE for day of coordinator for my daughter's wedding. Words just can't express the gratitude we all feel for the help Sarah and her staff gave us all on the week leading up to the wedding and on the actual day. We were dealing with a brand new reception site vendor and our frustration level was off the charts with them. Sarah came to the rescue and got things done effectively and efficiently and it all turned out beautifully, just as my daughter had imagined. Sarah was amazing to work with, an excellent problem solver and communicator and did it all with a smile on her face! The unmarried girls in the wedding party all want Sarah to coordinate their future weddings! Even the guys in the wedding were saying how amazing she was! Sarah and her staff took care of everything and allowed me to just enjoy the day as the mother of the bride!

Ashley
09/13/2014

I can't say enough good things about Sarah and Cherry Blossom Events. She took us on as a client last-minute and during a very busy time for her. She and her assistants were a pleasure to work with before, during, and after the wedding.

Cherry Blossom far exceeded our expectations, and we will continue to recommend them to friends.

1+ year ago

I honestly cannot imagine what our wedding would have been like without Andrea! We hired her for the partial planning package for our August wedding at Union South in Madison. My husband was skeptical about hiring a wedding planner in the beginning, but by the end he was SO happy we did! The amount of work that Andrea and Emily did on the day of the wedding alone was worth every penny. I can't imagine how stressed out I would have been if I had to coordinate all of the deliveries, setup and tear down for the wedding. Not only did they do a fantastic job on the day of the wedding, but Andrea's guidance with our rentals and flowers was more than we could have asked for. With her assistance we were able to make our dream wedding come true. I know we could not have been easy to work with in the beginning as my husband and I had no idea what we wanted for our wedding, but somehow she was able to help us figure it out. There is no doubt in my mind that hiring Andrea for our wedding was the best decision that we made! I HIGHLY recommend Cherry Blossom for your wedding!

4.7

I worked with Sarah with the partial planning package for my August wedding at the Madison Public Library. This was a brand new venue, and Sarah was eager and very helpful in reaching out to the contacts at the venue to learn all about what they could provide. I live in Los Angeles so having somebody in Madison to make calls and who was an expert in the resources/vendors available to us was very helpful. Sarah was extremely quick to respond to emails (no matter how many I sent in a day!), and also accepted unique challenges we threw at her, like searching for lazy susans for our dining tables, and a ping pong table. What really blew me away was how beautiful Sarah and her assistant made our space on our actual wedding day. While I had provided many of the decorations, she put everything together in a way even better than I had imagined it.

Matt
08/22/2014

WOW! Soooo speaking from the male side of things I can say I wasn't sure getting a wedding planner was the way to go. I was wrong. WAY wrong. Now I am not going to lie I don't have much experiences with wedding planners or event planners but I am thinking they aren't all like Andrea from Cherry Blossom Events. Umm she is a miracle worker and a life saver. I don't know if there were any issues at our wedding, and I don't know if I want to. I think that is the way it is supposed to be. My wife did a lot of planning and work on the event herself as she was very organized but I know it wouldn't have turned out like it did with out Cherry Blossom Events. I hear horror stories from weddings gone wrong. Cherry blossom events is there to make sure that doesn't happen. They work extremely hard to make sure nothing comes to you. They also coordinate with all other vendors to streamline the entire day so it can be as stress free as possible. Do yourself a favor, save yourself many many headaches. Look to hire Cherry Blossom Events for your wedding or special occasion.

1+ year ago

Sarah and the entire Cherry Blossom team were the second best wedding decision I made (aside from marrying my husband of course...). I'd seen Sarah's work day-of at a friend's wedding the year before and was immediately sold on her organization skills, quality of work, creativity and calming presence, which is extremely helpful for any bride. Sarah took the time to make our wedding a very unique and personal experience. The team is especially helpful for non-traditional venues because they cover and coordinate a lot of the things brides never even thought they had to handle. I'd recommend Cherry Blossom to anyone planning a wedding or large scale event. We were so thankful to have them be a part of our day!

1+ year ago

My (now) husband said it best - "I can't even imagine pulling off this wedding without Sarah!" The Cherry Blossom Events team exceeded our expectations in their service and commitment to making our wedding ideas become a reality. From day one, when we were just getting our feet wet in this whole wedding-planning world, to the wedding day itself, Sarah was at our side - making sure everything went smoothly. She and Andrea are brilliant designers, leaders and magicians in this industry. Their impeccable attention to detail, genius knack for transforming ideas into reality, and tenacious ability to keep track of all the vendors, pieces and parts involved should be the prototype for event planners of any kind.

Services Used: Wedding Planning

I will never be able to say enough good things about Cherry Blossom. From day one, Andrea made us feel so comfortable and important. She took our random ideas and visions for our wedding and put them together into one incredibly beautiful celebration. She was always fast to answer emails, patient with questions on the phone, and the biggest help on the day of, making sure every detail was in place. She (and her business partner, Sarah) is an incredibly calming presence and amazingly organized. My parents had initially been anti-wedding planner, but by the time the big day was over I think they were sad to know we wouldn't be seeing her anymore! Hiring Cherry Blossom, seriously, was the best wedding planning decision we made.

Services Used: Wedding Planning

Thank you does not begin to cover our gratitude for such an amazing job CBE did at our wedding. We paid them for a service, wanting someone to simply help us on our day, but Sarah and her staff treated us like we were their family getting married, not their "client" and not as our "vendor". They made my vision come to life. That means everything to me. they worked tirelessly for over 15 hours for us on the day of and were extremely responsive to emails, questions, etc leading up to the event. They soaked themselves in the monsoon of Wisconsin! They did it all, and I will forever be grateful. This will be the BEST money you spend on your wedding, hands down!

Services Used: Wedding Planning

My husband and I got married in early June of this year and chose to go with Cherry Blossom because we had heard such good things about them from others who had used them. We also wanted to go with a local company and since they are based out of our hometown, we were even more excited. We chose to do the day-of-coordination package as we had already chosen all of our vendors and were well on our way in the planning process. We were absolutely floored by the amazing job Emily did. Honestly, I don't think I could have made it through those final couple of days without her. She was attentive, helpful, and made me feel so calm the day of because I felt that she truly cared about how things looked and how things went on our wedding day. I would recommend Cherry Blossom, and specifically Emily, to anyone who is looking for a wedding planner/day-of-coordinator.