Cherry Blossom Events

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

Other than choosing my groom, hiring Sarah with Cherry Blossom events is the best decision I made for our wedding. I'm not being dramatic or overly sentimental... She was seriously everything I dreamed of as a wedding planner. My fiancé and I are very busy physicians and we had minimal time to put into meeting with her or surveying options. Sarah bent over backwards to find times to meet us that fit our schedule and when meeting wasn't needed, she was always responsive by email. She was the perfect advisor, decision maker, organizer, and designer. But most importantly, she is a lovely person. She is warm, funny, honest and truly excited about her job.
One quick story that truly exemplifies their work ethic and dedication of Cherry Blossom. Three weeks prior to my wedding, my mother was involved in a horrible car accident and suffered a severe spinal cord injury. Sarah tactfully took care of making final decisions and answering required emails /questions from vendors. She took as much off my plate as she could - to allow me to spend time in the ICU with my mom. The day of the wedding she made sure everything was wheelchair accessible and that my mom would be able to experience everything. She helped coordinate getting my mom from the hospital to the salon, to the wedding, and to the reception and made sure she was able to eat prior to needing to return to the hospital. Only just a week or two prior we weren't even sure if my mom would be able to sit in a wheelchair much less go to all parts of he wedding. Sarah's support of my family during a time of tradgedy was amazing and her ability to rework final details to involve my mother in the wedding was truly above and beyond any of my expectations. And she did it naturally - without me ever asking.
If I could rate them 500 stars, I would. They have my highest recommendation.

Services Used: Wedding Planning

I don’t know where to start to share how blown away I was with Cherry Blossom Events. I worked with Andrea on a partial planning package. Andrea and her team executed my dream wedding! Our venue was a barn, which was basically a shell that we had to fill up with whatever we wanted – from renting and/or bringing in every table, chair, and every single decoration that we had. Andrea was so detailed and knew exactly where to go to pull together my vision. Andrea was extremely responsive and patient with all my questions! I had so much fun meeting with her and sharing my ideas. She took every one of my ideas and perfectly captured it. She had such good input and style. My mom kept emphasizing as we discussed the wedding that Andrea was the best decision we made when beginning the planning process and after reflected on the day. Andrea and her team worked so hard and designed a perfect look – and on top of that it was SO stress free for me, the groom, our family, and all our friends! One of my bridesmaids commented that there was not an ounce of stress and there were zero tense moments during the day. That was all due to Cherry Blossom Events. I honestly don’t think I would change a thing from our day – it was absolutely perfect and I don’t think I wiped the smile on my face all day. I’d highly recommend Cherry Bloom Events to everyone!

Recently Married

I could not have dreamed up a better fit for a wedding planner! Andrea was more that I had ever imaged a planner could be! She was my voice when I was feeling too overwhelmed to find my own, and her organizational skills trumped ANY I have ever seen, she was so on top of everything and so well put together! But most importantly, she genuinely cared about making everything that Chris and I envisioned for our wedding come to life! She took over at all the right times, and stood back and listened at all the right times! She is professional, honest and loyal, and SOOO well prepared (she had a needle and thread, and a steady hand ready to go within seconds to sew the strap back on my wedding dress (with me in it!!!) after it ripped off 5 mins before my ceremony, AHHHH!!!). I was so confident that she was always looking out for us and had our best interest at heart, she knew when something would be PERFECT just for us, or when something just didn't feel quite right and wasn't afraid to say it! She helped out my mother with difficult decisions and even kept in contact with my wedding party throughout the whole process. She went above and beyond her job responsibility to make sure everything went smoothly for my family and I even after the wedding! She was more like a friend to us than a hired wedding planner! It is obvious that this is what she was meant to do! There are no words to explain how thankful I am that our paths crossed. Cherry Blossom Events and Andrea totally understood my vision from day one and made it happen! I can honestly say, 4 weeks after my wedding, that there is not one thing about my wedding ceremony or my reception that I would change! I loved every minute of it and I owe it all to Andrea at CBE for helping to make my day EVERYTHING I dreamed it would be!!

Services Used: Wedding Planning

I hired CBE for day of coordinator for my daughter's wedding. Words just can't express the gratitude we all feel for the help Sarah and her staff gave us all on the week leading up to the wedding and on the actual day. We were dealing with a brand new reception site vendor and our frustration level was off the charts with them. Sarah came to the rescue and got things done effectively and efficiently and it all turned out beautifully, just as my daughter had imagined. Sarah was amazing to work with, an excellent problem solver and communicator and did it all with a smile on her face! The unmarried girls in the wedding party all want Sarah to coordinate their future weddings! Even the guys in the wedding were saying how amazing she was! Sarah and her staff took care of everything and allowed me to just enjoy the day as the mother of the bride!

Ashley
09/13/2014

I can't say enough good things about Sarah and Cherry Blossom Events. She took us on as a client last-minute and during a very busy time for her. She and her assistants were a pleasure to work with before, during, and after the wedding.

Cherry Blossom far exceeded our expectations, and we will continue to recommend them to friends.

Recently Married

I honestly cannot imagine what our wedding would have been like without Andrea! We hired her for the partial planning package for our August wedding at Union South in Madison. My husband was skeptical about hiring a wedding planner in the beginning, but by the end he was SO happy we did! The amount of work that Andrea and Emily did on the day of the wedding alone was worth every penny. I can't imagine how stressed out I would have been if I had to coordinate all of the deliveries, setup and tear down for the wedding. Not only did they do a fantastic job on the day of the wedding, but Andrea's guidance with our rentals and flowers was more than we could have asked for. With her assistance we were able to make our dream wedding come true. I know we could not have been easy to work with in the beginning as my husband and I had no idea what we wanted for our wedding, but somehow she was able to help us figure it out. There is no doubt in my mind that hiring Andrea for our wedding was the best decision that we made! I HIGHLY recommend Cherry Blossom for your wedding!

4.7

I worked with Sarah with the partial planning package for my August wedding at the Madison Public Library. This was a brand new venue, and Sarah was eager and very helpful in reaching out to the contacts at the venue to learn all about what they could provide. I live in Los Angeles so having somebody in Madison to make calls and who was an expert in the resources/vendors available to us was very helpful. Sarah was extremely quick to respond to emails (no matter how many I sent in a day!), and also accepted unique challenges we threw at her, like searching for lazy susans for our dining tables, and a ping pong table. What really blew me away was how beautiful Sarah and her assistant made our space on our actual wedding day. While I had provided many of the decorations, she put everything together in a way even better than I had imagined it.

Matt
08/22/2014

WOW! Soooo speaking from the male side of things I can say I wasn't sure getting a wedding planner was the way to go. I was wrong. WAY wrong. Now I am not going to lie I don't have much experiences with wedding planners or event planners but I am thinking they aren't all like Andrea from Cherry Blossom Events. Umm she is a miracle worker and a life saver. I don't know if there were any issues at our wedding, and I don't know if I want to. I think that is the way it is supposed to be. My wife did a lot of planning and work on the event herself as she was very organized but I know it wouldn't have turned out like it did with out Cherry Blossom Events. I hear horror stories from weddings gone wrong. Cherry blossom events is there to make sure that doesn't happen. They work extremely hard to make sure nothing comes to you. They also coordinate with all other vendors to streamline the entire day so it can be as stress free as possible. Do yourself a favor, save yourself many many headaches. Look to hire Cherry Blossom Events for your wedding or special occasion.

Recently Married

Sarah and the entire Cherry Blossom team were the second best wedding decision I made (aside from marrying my husband of course...). I'd seen Sarah's work day-of at a friend's wedding the year before and was immediately sold on her organization skills, quality of work, creativity and calming presence, which is extremely helpful for any bride. Sarah took the time to make our wedding a very unique and personal experience. The team is especially helpful for non-traditional venues because they cover and coordinate a lot of the things brides never even thought they had to handle. I'd recommend Cherry Blossom to anyone planning a wedding or large scale event. We were so thankful to have them be a part of our day!

Recently Married

My (now) husband said it best - "I can't even imagine pulling off this wedding without Sarah!" The Cherry Blossom Events team exceeded our expectations in their service and commitment to making our wedding ideas become a reality. From day one, when we were just getting our feet wet in this whole wedding-planning world, to the wedding day itself, Sarah was at our side - making sure everything went smoothly. She and Andrea are brilliant designers, leaders and magicians in this industry. Their impeccable attention to detail, genius knack for transforming ideas into reality, and tenacious ability to keep track of all the vendors, pieces and parts involved should be the prototype for event planners of any kind.

Services Used: Wedding Planning

I will never be able to say enough good things about Cherry Blossom. From day one, Andrea made us feel so comfortable and important. She took our random ideas and visions for our wedding and put them together into one incredibly beautiful celebration. She was always fast to answer emails, patient with questions on the phone, and the biggest help on the day of, making sure every detail was in place. She (and her business partner, Sarah) is an incredibly calming presence and amazingly organized. My parents had initially been anti-wedding planner, but by the time the big day was over I think they were sad to know we wouldn't be seeing her anymore! Hiring Cherry Blossom, seriously, was the best wedding planning decision we made.

Services Used: Wedding Planning

Thank you does not begin to cover our gratitude for such an amazing job CBE did at our wedding. We paid them for a service, wanting someone to simply help us on our day, but Sarah and her staff treated us like we were their family getting married, not their "client" and not as our "vendor". They made my vision come to life. That means everything to me. they worked tirelessly for over 15 hours for us on the day of and were extremely responsive to emails, questions, etc leading up to the event. They soaked themselves in the monsoon of Wisconsin! They did it all, and I will forever be grateful. This will be the BEST money you spend on your wedding, hands down!

Services Used: Wedding Planning

My husband and I got married in early June of this year and chose to go with Cherry Blossom because we had heard such good things about them from others who had used them. We also wanted to go with a local company and since they are based out of our hometown, we were even more excited. We chose to do the day-of-coordination package as we had already chosen all of our vendors and were well on our way in the planning process. We were absolutely floored by the amazing job Emily did. Honestly, I don't think I could have made it through those final couple of days without her. She was attentive, helpful, and made me feel so calm the day of because I felt that she truly cared about how things looked and how things went on our wedding day. I would recommend Cherry Blossom, and specifically Emily, to anyone who is looking for a wedding planner/day-of-coordinator.

1+ year ago

We hired CBE for our day-of coordinator and were fortunate to have Andrea as our lead designer. We cannot say enough how thankful we are that we chose to have CBE play a key role in our day. The entire day went so smoothly, and this allowed us to fully enjoy every moment of our wedding.

Andrea and her assistant, Natalie, handled everything from the start of our rehearsal through tear-down of the last decoration. And, even though we had the "day-of coordination" package only, the work that CBE did for us began months before our wedding. Andrea created a complete timeline for us, and beginning two weeks prior to our date, made the final calls to all of our vendors to confirm delivery and arrival times, set-up, etc. Additionally, CBE swiftly managed all "wrinkles" that occurred during the day--for example, one of the groomsman's tuxedo vests was missing from the rental package, which we discovered only moments before the ceremony; Andrea made all of the necessary phone calls and arrangements to make sure he got a replacement vest in time for the ceremony to begin.

Our entire day turned out beautifully thanks to Cherry Blossom Events. We are incredibly grateful for their help in making our day so memorable.

1+ year ago

It wasn't actually a wedding that Cherry Blossom planned for me. It was a 5-year surprise anniversary dinner for my wife. From the initial contact to the day of the event, they were incredible in their service, creativity, and enthusiasm in helping me plan and implement an awesome surprise that my wife absolutely loved! I would, and am planning to, hire them again for my future events. They are my go-to party planner from here on out!

Services Used: Catering, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Planning

Are you excited to fret over what flowers are going to be in which vases at the reception? Would you rather dedicate all your waking free time to chasing down rental and florist contacts, or would you rather sleep? Fretting and chasing are not things I enjoy. So I had an EXPERT do them for me. Except for Sarah Sarbacker, those things are not fretting and chasing - they are thoughtfully planning and cheerfully contacting. Thinking about the BIG DAY, I did NOT want to be the one in charge. I wanted to enjoy and relax with my family and friends. And I forsaw the difficulty with a family member being in charge of all the details. That person wouldn't get to enjoy the day! Unless they were a regular bossy-pants, in which case I would not enjoy taking direction from them in the first place. Let me also tell you this: 15 minutes before our outdoor ceremony, clouds were gathering and the wind started to blow. Sarah happily and confidently crawled into the back of our car (where my MOH and I were staying warm) and asked to start the event a few minutes early because the clouds were threatening-looking. Oh a more pleasant woman I couldn't have heard this from! She even took a few minutes to tell a funny personal story and get my mind off THE WALK DOWN THE AISLE. She was a sea of calm. She projected absolute certainty and helpfulness. She does not dominate - she takes direction from what you suggest. She is a wedding FACILITATOR. I believe she is truly gifted in dealing with all different sorts of people, and yet she has a perfectionistic tendency (to get the chairs just right, to get the table centerpieces just right, etc...). She is polite, cheerful, and nothing seems to throw her for a loop.

It was a perfect day. And Sarah Sarbacker was a huge part of making it so.