Chenese Bean Makeup Artistry

Chenese Bean Makeup Artistry

Live, Love, Laugh... And Look Good While Doing It!

1821 Summit Rd., Suite 116

• Responsiveness: 0.5
  • Professionalism: 2.0
  • Value: 2.0
  • Flexibility: 2.0

Chenese did a good job on my makeup the day of my wedding, but that is where my positive feedback ends. My trial didn’t go very smoothly & it made me a bit nervous for the day of. At the trial, she couldn’t find her airbrush machine so she had to run home (as I sat in her studio & waited for her) to get her “old one”. She ran me 40 mins later than she was supposed to so I was late to my hair trial. She didn’t have fake lashes, so I ended up not getting to try those out, either. I also didn’t love my makeup. The face makeup was very caked on & I felt like I couldn’t move. My eye makeup wasn’t blended well & I didn’t love it. But I had already signed the contract, as she makes you sign the contract and put half the $ down prior to her doing your trial, so I had to go with her. The day of was an even worse experience for me. Chenese arrived 30 mins late (she did call to tell me she was running late) & then took a bit of time to set up. She told me at my trial she would only need 30 mins per girl do makeup. I even questioned it & she assured me 30 mins would be enough time per girl. So, I had my hair appt’s scheduled at the appropriate time, even allowing for more than 30 mins per girl (just in case). Well, she did my first girl in 55 mins & my second in 50, so she only had 40 mins to do mine. Myself & my bridesmaids kept emphasizing the time repeatedly to her and she pretty much ignored us. It was the oddest response! She was not apologetic at ALL. She had to rush my makeup and still didn’t get mine done on time. I was 30 mins late to my hair appt and my sister & niece actually missed theirs. My salon was awesome & worked with us & it all ended up working out but Chenese really put a lot of stress on me that day (a day that you just want to be able to relax & enjoy!). She did put less face makeup on the day of and I ended up really liking it, but I wouldn’t recommend her b/c her timeliness, responsiveness & customer service were highly lacking. :(

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
Private User
1 Review
3.4/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 2.0
  • Professionalism: 2.5
  • Flexibility: 2.5

I dreamed up having profressional make up the day of my wedding, but was afraid I couldn't afford it. I found a Chenese Bean Wedding Make Up deal on Halfpricecincy.com that absolutely made my day! After looking at some of Chenese's photos, I was SO excited. For both my trial and the day of the wedding, Chenese really did a phenomenal job doing mine, my bridesmaids and my mom's makeup. BUT she is fairly nonresponsive to emails/voicemails and called me an hour before my trial (on the day of my engagement photos) to tell me she wanted to take another job for the day and we'd have to reschedule. I insisted we couldn't, and she said okay.....and then showed up late for my appointment at her studio! Again, the day of the wedding, she seemed to have somewhat of a "better than thou" attitude. Chenese did fantastic work and made sure we looked amazing, but we couldn't help but feel as though we were a both to her. I'm not sure if this was because I got a "deal" on our services or if that's just the way she is......but at the end of the day, we looked beautiful and that was the goal!

• Wedding: 05/18/2013
4.9/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I can't express how happy I was with Chenese’s work on my wedding day! I am in awe of her talent. Not only did she make this nervous bride feel confident and even princess-like throughout my entire wedding day, but my pictures are amazing! I am glowing in each and every photograph. The make-up lasted the entire day - through the ceremony, pictures, and even to the end of the reception. I can honestly say that she exceeded my expectations by far! If you’re looking for a way to take your bridal look to the next level, you should definitely look into Chenese Bean!

• Wedding: 2+ years ago
Anonymous
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Chenese is fantastic! Everyone looked absolutely stunning on our wedding day. The airbrush makeup is unbelievable. The woman knows what she's doing. She listens to what you want and is happy to make sure you look exactly the way you hoped to on your wedding day. I would definitely recommend Chenese! Very professional and easy to work with!

• Wedding: 09/24/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Working with Chenese was a joy. She is a talented artist and just really nice. Everyone's makeup was flawless and I've never felt so beautiful. Plus, her prices are reasonable.

• Wedding: 04/23/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Chenese is truly the perfect combination of class, professionalism, and personality. Not only is she incredibly talented but she has a way of making you feel comfortable almost like you have known her for years. She is very responsive to email, phone, text etc. I never had to wait to hear back from her. She did my makeup for both my engagement pictures and my wedding and I have never felt more beautiful in my life than I did on these two days. Chenese takes her time to make sure your makeup is perfect and that it lasts...believe me it shows! My makeup still looked great the morning after my wedding! If you are lucky enough to book her for your event you should know that you will receive nothing less than the best!!!

• Wedding: 10/16/2010
4.9/5.0
  • Professionalism: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Chenese did a wonderful job on the day of my wedding! She was tasked with my makeup as well as 6 bridesmaids who typically do not wear makeup! She had each of them looking soft and radiant! I loved thow my make up looked and she even surprised me by meeting us at the church to touch up my makeup before walking down the aisle!

• Wedding: 2+ years ago
Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Chenese was amazing. She was wonderful to work with and she truly made me feel the most beautiful I've ever felt. She also did all of my bridesmaids makeup and all of it was all flawless...we were all so pleased! On top of it all, my makeup lasted and looked great all night even through the tears and dancing!

• Wedding: 09/17/2010
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Chenese Bean is very talented and creative and did a great job making the bridal party, mother of the bride, and bride beautiful. She was very easy to work with and made everyone look flawless!! Our makeup lasted all night during a mid September evening. I can not wait to use Chenese Bean again in the furture!

• Wedding: 09/15/2010
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Let me first tell you that I don't let anyone else EVER do my makeup. I love to do my own, and I do a great job. Therefore, I'm extremely picky when it comes to how I want it done.
I didn't want to worry about doing my own makeup for my wedding, and more importantly I wanted it to last. Chenese was referred to me by a local bridal salon, and I'm so happy I found her. She was wonderful to work with from the very beginning. She was professional, helpful, fair, and was great with her follow-up. Wedding planning gets crazy, but this part of the planning was a piece of cake.

Wedding day came along, and Chenese was prompt to appear, thorough in her timeline (she did makeup for 9 people in my wedding with plenty of time to spare), and we were all gorgeous! My eyes were amazing, and I never received so many compliments on them before. My bridal party was also estatic with their results.

12 hours later, I still looked amazing. Her technique gives you a bullet proof face! No kidding!!

All in all, I couldn't be happier that Chenese was my makeup stylist. The whole experience was truly effortless, and I enjoyed her company during my very special day. Thank you Chenese for your amazing work. I hope others will make the same choice as me when coordinating their special day too. ~Kate Pearson

• Wedding: 09/14/2010
4.8/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Chenese was great!! I wanted to still look like myself, but better... Chenese made me look like the absolute best version of me! :) I felt so incredible and the makeup lasted ALL NIGHT. Only had to have some gloss on hand for after dinner.

Only nitpick item was that some emails were lost and not sure why. Just make sure to follow up with her if you haven't gotten a response in the 24-48 hrs. she specifies in the auto-reply.

• Wedding: 06/26/2010
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Chenese is the best makeup artist for all complexions. I was really please with my makeup on my wedding day! Everyone was asking who did it and commenting how beautiful I was. Thank you again Chenese.

• Wedding: 06/19/2010
  • Flexibility: 5.0

AMAZING!! AMAZING!! AMAZING!! I got so many compliments on my makeup and how beautiful I looked and I know that was all do to Chenese and her hard work.
She was great to work with, friendly, made all my girls feel welcome. She even secretly did my groom's face. Highly recommend. She is such a pro with so much class!!

• Wedding: 06/12/2010
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Chenese did my makeup for our engagement and wedding pictures. She did an amazing job. I have got so many compliments about how perfect my makeup looks. She is great to work with and makes you feel very comfortable. Highly recomended!

• Wedding: 06/11/2010
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We got married last year June 5, 2011. Chenese was AWESOME! The makeup wasn't over the top. I still looked like myself and more glamourous. She did my two girls and my 4 yr old daughter. They were perfect. She made my little girl look like a princess and age appropriate. She was there every step of the way until I walked down the aisle. She even touched me up when i freaked out before meeting my husband at the alter. She made my experience the best and will refer her to anyone! Very professional and a people person. Best in the city!

• Wedding: 06/05/2010
4.8/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.5
  • Professionalism: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Chenese did a fantastic job on our makeup. I felt very pretty but I didn't feel too made up. I felt like myself, but better. She was very nice and fun to work with and listened to my questions and concerns and adjusted accordingly.

• Wedding: 05/29/2010