Block Rockin' Beats

Block Rockin' Beats

3520-1 Greenwood Blvd
Saint Louis, MO 63143 | map
Genres: 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, Big Band, Classic Rock, Cla...
Liability Insurance: Yes

Quality of Service:
Responsiveness:
Professionalism:
Value:
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Tom was great to work with. He made the reception a lot of fun for us and our guests.

• Wedding: Recently Married
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Tom was our favorite vendor to work with for our wedding. He was easy-going, organized, and professional. He understood everything we wanted, and he handled last minute changes with ease. I would recommend BRB to anyone with complete confidence.

• Wedding: 09/27/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Tom of BRB is unlike any other event DJ we’d ever encountered, and we knew shortly after meeting him for the first time that he was a perfect fit for us. Laid back, knowledgeable without being showy, and most of all engaged in making the event “yours”, Tom lets you know right away that he’s there to help you make your event feel like you. We’re pretty particular about our music, and he worked entirely within the confines of our instructions while also combining and ordering songs in a way that read the crowd and kept the party going. We selected almost every song (or artist) on the playlist, and he had no problem tracking down even relatively obscure tracks and, in one instance, even editing the song to remove a section that we didn’t want to hear. He is highly amenable to taking or deflecting requests, depending on your preference. If you absolutely do *not* want to hear certain songs, he’ll handle an audience request for that song gracefully. The staff at our venue commented that they hadn’t seen a dance party that happening in a long while. We did not realize until our wedding that the DJ is the person who is most responsible for making sure that the event runs smoothly and on schedule, so that there is ample time for dancing and partying after all the other typical wedding events (bouquet toss, toasts, dances, etc.). Tom did an amazing job at keeping everything on schedule very smoothly. We cannot recommend him highly enough.

• Wedding: 08/31/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

For our wedding my now husband wanted to be involved in anything that had to do with music. We got recommended to go see Tom thru my florist. Not only did Tom bring up things that we didn’t think of (ceremony set up that didn’t need to be moved since it was all in the same venue) but also he was willing to work with us on the price. And the best part, is my husband thought he was the best! All along the way Tom was there the walk us thru what we needed and where we should be in planning. A few days before the wedding I lost my grandmother and even tho I still needed to finalize a few songs for the ceremony with Tom, we let him choose the music. He did perfect!!! Thru the meetings he had gotten to know us and has such talent with music, that after the wedding people asked if he was a close friend! All thru the reception he was keeping us on task, as well as being flexible to things we changed last minute. He had the dance floor full from the 1st song, all the way to everyone shouting ENCORE at the end of the night! Thank you Tom for all you did and please know you will always be a part of the BEST day of our lives!

• Wedding: 03/29/2014
Kelli
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I cannot say enough good things about our DJ Tom with Block Rockin Beats! From the very beginning to the very end he was such a pleasure to work with. And most importantly he made our reception an absolute blast! He had our dance floor packed (with all ages) from the very beginning to the very end of the reception. He made sure to play our "must plays" and then sprinkled in some of his own selections. He did a great job of playing music that suited all age groups. We received so many compliments on our DJ after the wedding and I can't even count how many people told me their feet hurt from dancing so much! Tom really did make our reception a GREAT party! I HIGHLY recommend using Tom Rotter with Block Rockin Beats! He will be my families go to DJ form here on out!

• Wedding: 12/07/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Tom was wonderful to work with. Very professional and knowledgeable about the music field. He assisted tremendously with the wedding day timeline as well. We got many compliments from our wedding guests on the excellent dj services.

• Wedding: 11/09/2013
Jamie
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Great DJ to work with and during the reception as well. We gave him an outline and a vision of how we wanted the night to go and he did awesome. People were dancing all night long, so much so that we even extended the night!!

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I don't think my wife and I could say enough amazing things about Tom and Block Rockin' Beats! He was so helpful before and on our big day! Tom was so easy and awesome to work with. He is definitely a professional. We definitely recommend Block Rockin' Beats to anyone and everyone we can!

• Wedding: 10/12/2013
Mike
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We were beyond thrilled with the quality of service we received from Tom Rotter at Block Rockin' Beats! Tom was thorough and prompt in all communication. From the initial consultation to the night of our wedding, Tom listened to all of our requests and executed them flawlessly. We were looking for a 'non cheesy', professional DJ and that is exactly what we got! The dance floor was packed ALL night! During and after the reception we received complement after complement on the music selection and how smoothly everything ran. Tom was great at announcing special events (toasts, cake cutting, first dances) without being intrusive. Our overall experience with Tom was top notch! We have and will continue to recommend his services to our friends with upcoming nuptials!

• Wedding: 09/28/2013
Mallory
  • Flexibility: 5.0

If you ever wonder what makes a wedding, it isn't the flowers or the food, its how much fun your guests have. Tom make sure your guests have something to remember.

He is A#1, King of the Hill.

I hope he is still providing this service when my 14 year old decides to tie the knot. The compliments my wife and I got last night were all because of we made the greatest choice and went with Tom .

Do yourself a favor and book him !

• Wedding: 08/31/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Too bad I am limited to 5 stars, because Tom deserves a million (sorry that was cheesy, but necessary)! Tom was an absolute pleasure to work with from the get go. He took the time to meet with me and my husband to get to know us and our style. We loved getting to know him during our meetings (he has a killer sense of humor). We knew we were booking him within 10 minutes of meeting him. He was prompt and professional regarding every aspect of our wedding. He made it very clear that he takes the responsibility of not just a DJ, but he also guides the flow of the evening. We provided him an "ideal timeline" of the night and he met with us to make sure he knew exactly how we wanted the evening to flow. The night of the reception he kept us right on track. Nothing ever felt rushed and he had a fantastic way of easing each event along while sticking to a timeline. Everything flowed so naturally. It was so STRESS FREE - I actually got to enjoy my reception. We seriously had a PERFECT night and I really owe so much of it to him. He also has an amazing way of reading the crowd. Like I said, Kevin and I knew right away he was a great fit for us, so we didn't pick out each and every song for the night. We knew he had great taste and would have some fabulous picks, so we gave him a lot of freedom in selecting songs. IT PAID OFF! Every person at our reception danced and by the end of the night we ended up having the best dance party to songs that I would have never even thought to have picked! Each song just kept getting better and better and the dance floor kept getting fuller and fuller. I can't tell you how many people have complimented us on how fun (and organized - no kidding!) our reception was and on our amazing music. I owe it all to Tom. He is DJ'ing my sister's wedding in October- she had to book him after seeing him action at my reception. I don't have a single negative thing to say about Block Rockin' Beats. You absolutely can't go wrong picking Tom, he is fantastic!

• Wedding: 08/24/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Best DJ ever! Guests are still talking about the reception!! He was very easy to work with leading up to the wedding and handled the reception like a pro.

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Tom did an incredible job. He is very professional, courteous and polite. He only played the songs we wanted him to play. If you want a classy affair with a DJ...I highly recommend Block Rockin Beats. Thanks again Tom for all your help in making our day special.

• Wedding: 06/01/2013
T
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Tom with Block Rockin Beats was AMAZING!! I would recommend him to anyone getting married who is in need of a DJ! He was quick to respond to all of my questions, and really listened and knew what kind of music we were going for at the reception! He was also very resonably priced compared to all of the other DJ companies out there! Thank you so much Tom, you made our night one to remember!!

• Wedding: 04/27/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

He was extremely professional. He knew his business very well. He never pushed us into anything, just let us plan our ceremony and was very helpful! Kept the crowd into the wedding, there was never a dull moment! He was so nice to work with, we would never use anyone else!

• Wedding: 04/13/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Tom did a great job from precoordination to ceremony music to the reception. Everything went smoothly from beginning to end and he was always very responsive. In addition to being a great DJ, Tom made sure that throughout the night we were taken care of and had everything we needed from dancing to drinks etc. The dance floor was never empty and at any sign of slowing down he changed the music up to keep people out there. We will definitely recommend him in the future.

• Wedding: 10/27/2012
314-647-3813
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards