An Affair To Remember

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

As the mother of the bride, I couldn't have asked for a better wedding planner....Mike Piper is by far, the BEST. He guided my daughter (the bride) and I through this wedding process that could be a very hectic time. He took the stress away with his professionalism and wonderful suggestions. On the day of the wedding, he was attentive to all of our needs and my husband and I agreed that it was absolute money well spent.

Services Used: Flowers, Wedding Planning

Mike Piper did an absolute amazing job with the flowers and decor of our wedding ceremony and reception. Both my husband and I were BLOWN away when we walked into the church and especially into the reception space and saw the master piece that Mike created. It was breathtaking and all of our guests noticed and commented on the hugh floral centerpieces. It turned out to be so much more beautiful than either one of us imagined and we couldn't have been more happy with the results. Mike was really flexible and provided tons of options for us based on what we wanted for our day. He did such an outstanding job making our day so incredibly beautiful. I honestly couldn't have asked for anything more.

Services Used: Flowers

Mike and An Affair to Remember did an amazing job on my flowers for the wedding. I didn't know much about flowers and was pretty flexible of what I wanted. I showed Mike some bouquets and centerpieces that were in the my wedding colors and he went with it. I was in awe the day of the wedding when I saw all the gorgeous flowers. He did a fantastic job in making everything in that room come together. It also helped that An Affair to Remember also had rentals such as lanterns, table numbers, candle holders you name it) that made the room look classic and elegant.

Services Used: Flowers, Wedding Planning

Mike Piper and an Affair to Remember did the most incredible job on my wedding flowers. Our head table was breathtaking, and my bridal bouquet was spectacular. He exceeded my expectations in every way. He did such a wonderful job of working with our budget, while still providing us with the wedding of our dreams.

Services Used: Flowers

Mike and his team were so amazing. They really know how to turn your dreams into reality! I am soooo pleased with how my flowers and decor turned out! Thank you!!!!!

Services Used: Flowers, Wedding Planning

You will be so glad you picked An Affair to Remember. I chose them because they provided the flowers for my brother's wedding and my sister-in-law raved about how great they were to work with - plus I remember the flowers being beautiful.

My sister-in-law was absolutely right. Mike (the owner) is amazing. He is super responsive, always professional but really personable at the same time. He did an amazing job visualizing exactly what we wanted, and making it even better! He even managed to make my mom happy and gave great solutions when we weren't seeing eye to eye during the planning process. He also worked within our budget, and provided suggestions to maximize our flowers and decor. It's important to note that An Affair to Remember isn't a florist, so every single flower they ordered for my wedding was used and they were fresh and stunning.

If I ever need flowers or an event planning company, or if anyone asks me for a recommendation, I will absolutely pick An Affair to Remember again.

Services Used: Flowers

Mike Piper is like a happy Buddha that every bride wishes to have on her side at the wedding day! He truly makes the day the most memorable event of your life.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers, Party Supplies, Wedding Planning
2+ years ago

Mike Piper does magics! I worked with Mike at Elysian Ballroom for my wedding design, colors, flowers, bouquet... From start to finish the service was excellent. I didn't even know exactly what I wanted when I went in for a consultation but Mike was great at providing options from Pinterest and some of his previous weddings that worked within my budget and color/flower choices. From the corsages to bouquets to table settings, everything was even more beautiful than we had expected.

The ballroom table settings, candles, silverware, crystals were all provided complimentary and we just paid for flowers with an impeccable design. All of the fresh flowers look and smell amazing and it is uplifting just to walk by the ballroom after Mike and his staff finished the design in about 30mins during the cocktail hour.

It was truly the most memorable night of our life and we owe this big time to Mike!

2+ years ago

If there is such a thing as more than perfect then that's what An Affair To Remember is! Our wedding looked like an absolute fairytale and I can't thank An Affair To Remember enough for creating such a magical day! Working with them was a pleasure and a blessing- they quickly grasp your ideas and thoughts and transform them to a reality you would have never imagined. They provide several options and don't rest until you're overly satisfied with all factors related to the wedding no matter how big or how small. And of course, readily available to discuss anything that comes to mind. Perfection!

2+ years ago

I could not believe how incredibly BEAUTIFUL my flowers were for the amount that we paid!! Mike is amazing and does such I credibly beautiful work!! USE AN AFFAIR TO REMEMBER FOR YOUR FLOWERS!!!!!!

Services Used: Flowers

I have never been the girl that dreamed of my wedding my entire life. This being said, when I first got engaged I was clueless until I walked into the most beautiful, elegant space I had ever seen....The Elysian Ballroom. It was absolutely breath taking! Not only was it beautiful, but the ballroom's owner, Mike, was incredibly helpful throughout this entire process. He was so organized and on point with highlighting the major focuse areas of a wedding. He even put together the agenda for the ceremony and reception. All in all, I could not have asked for a better venue to have the most amazing day of my life, my wedding. Thank you Mike for everything! I would recommend your venue and services any day!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ, Flowers, Lighting & Decor

We just had our New Year's Eve wedding at the Elysian Ballroom. It was fabulous and we wouldn't change a thing! The venue is gorgeous and the owner (Mike) takes great pride in making the place look amazing. We had multiple guests comment on how beautiful the flowers and decorations were. The Elysian has two rooms - a ballroom and a bar area. We had a candlelit ceremony in the beautiful ballroom, followed by a cocktail hour in the bar area while they “flipped” the ballroom for dinner and dancing. The bar area looks like Casa Blanca with black and white décor and ceiling fans – totally classy and elegant, but not too stuffy at all. Then once the room was flipped, guests were in awe again at how beautiful the ballroom looked.

Jerry the DJ did an outstanding job with the music during our ceremony, toasts and the after party. He served as the master of ceremonies and then kept almost everyone at the wedding dancing – I have never been to a wedding where so many people danced, all types and ages. He reads a room perfectly when it comes to dancing.

We feel that The Elysian is the perfect Portland wedding experience in the heart of the city for both our out of town and in town guests to experience. Working with Mike made it all possible. We both have demanding full time jobs and planned our wedding in 3 months. When you book at the Elysian, Mike comes with the package and acts as a true wedding planner. He is incredibly responsive to calls and emails and very well organized. He’s flexible and not pushy, but also offers advice when requested.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ, Flowers, Wedding Planning

We had our wedding this past weekend at the Elysian Ballroom in Portland, Or, organized by Mike at An Affair to Remember. And it truly was an affair to remember!! Everything was perfect and the Elysian Ballroom is THE most beautiful wedding venue in Oregon (we looked at quite a few). The ballroom is tasteful and elegant and gorgeous! Mike set up everything from the catering, to the Dj and photographer. All of those things were wonderful. He also did our flowers, which were so beautiful. The entire evening went off without a hitch and Mike organized everything. The staff at the ballroom was awesome and our guests all had a wonderful time and raved about both the service and the venue. He helped us every step of the planning process and was helpful in offering creative suggestions along the way. An affair to remember is truly professional in every resepct and I would urge anyone who wants a gorgeous event to check them out. Thanks Mike!!!! We loved it all!

1 Review
2+ years ago

Mike Piper was a true genius in helping us with the flowers and decor for our wedding. We had a vague scheme in mind and Mike brought it to life and made it the wedding of my dreams. He also helped us with the layout for the ceremony and reception, which turned out beautifully. The flowers were gorgeous, and he had the most amazing display for our cake that I have ever seen. He has a vision for bringing it all together. I had so many compliments on the decor, and there was no detail left untouched. I seriously could not have dreamed it any better than it was. Thank you so much to Mike and his team for making our day the absolute best!!

Services Used: Flowers, Lighting & Decor
2+ years ago

All the flowers were really pretty. My only complaint is that the centerpieces showed up looking different than we talked about and they didn't check with me before making the change. It looked good, but was just pretty different than we had planned.

Services Used: Flowers

Mike and his team made our wedding AMAZING. We had an American Wedding & Indian Wedding with reception on the same day at the same location. We had flowers and several rental items. I would send him photos of items I saw on the internet and he would send me back what he had in stock or what he could get. He responded to emails very quickly and he would even text it that worked better for me. At the time of our consultation we got a quote of the the items we needed from him and he even let us walk through his warehouse to see what he had. There was no guessing at what an item might cost, he knew exactly what it was. If you want the wedding of your dreams, An Affair to Remember is the place you need to go.