Newport, VT

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

Stephen was great to work with! From our early e-mail interactions to our first in person meeting (over a couple of beers) through the day of our wedding, Stephen was personable, responsive and delivered exactly what we wanted. We ended up writing our own ceremony for the most part (only because we had a very particular idea about what should be said and the overall tone) but Stephen gave us many resources and advice along the way. And his delivery was absolutely perfect... He was also mindful of his position to not be in certain shots (i.e. "the kiss"), which I thought was great and something that I certainly would not have thought of. Many of our guests also complimented that they enjoyed Stephen’s officiating and enjoyed his company during the reception. We very highly recommend Stephen!

Stephen Laurie, Vermont Justice of the Peace responded with the following comments:

Thank you so much, Michael. You two were so very easy to work with! I will always remember just how moving your vows to each other were (I think most of us were crying!), and will also remember how generously and graciously you provided for your guests (myself and Peggy included). Please let me know when you will be back in the area - the first round is on me!!

Services Used: Officiant
LOCATION
Newport, VT 05855

"Let's work together to create a perfect ceremony..."

Stephen Laurie, Vermont Justice of the Peace

Let's work together to create a perfect ceremony! So, where do we begin??

What can you tell me about the setting?

*Have you selected the date? … time? … location?

Stephen Laurie, Vermont Justice of the Peace

Let's work together to create a perfect ceremony! So, where do we begin??

What can you tell me about the setting?

*Have you selected the date? … time? … location?

*How formal (or, how informal) are you going to dress? (Just so you know, I can wear anything from formal robe to pinstripe-suit to Hawaiian shirt!)

*Do you expect a large number of family & friends, or a small, intimate gathering?

How do you envision your actual ceremony? Will it be...

Traditional or Non-traditional?   Spiritual or Secular?   Formal or Casual?

*What do you like (or, not like) about 'traditional' ceremonies? What would you want to include (or not include) from a ‘traditional’ ceremony?

*Do you have a favorite meaningful reading (such as a poem or a scripture verse), or a cultural or religious tradition (such as a candle-lighting ceremony, or a shared glass of wine) that should be included?

*Would you like to write your own vows? Or, is there anything that you wish to include (or, not include) in the vows?

*Will you be exchanging rings? Do you wish to write your own ring exchange?

In addition to helping you to write your ceremony, my duties as a Justice of the Peace include ensuring that you have a valid VT marriage license, officiating the ceremony, and registering the signed license at the Town or City Clerk’s Office.

You can visit my website - www.stephenlaurie.com - for more information, pictures, reviews and fees (both for private elopement ceremonies and full wedding events).

"Let your vows reflect what is in your hearts..."

+/- read less
Details
Services:: Ceremony Rehearsal, Interfaith Ceremony, Non-religious, Single Religion, Vow Renewal
Officiant Services:: Allow Couples' Own Vows
Religious affiliations: Agnostic, Hindu, Islam, Jewish, No Denomination, Pagan, Quaker, Unitarian
Length of Ceremonies:: 30-60 Mins., <30 Mins.