Stephen Laurie, Vermont Justice of the Peace Reviews

37 | Newport, VT

37 Reviews for Stephen Laurie, Vermont Justice of the Peace

37 Stephen Laurie, Vermont Justice of the Peace Reviews

MARLEY · Married on 08/25/2018

Stephen married us this past August and he was fantastic! Always helpful with suggestions, and easy going to make sure the ceremony was just what we wanted! Great at communicating, and kind when it took us a bit longer to get back to him. The ceremony was gorgeous and just what we wanted! He arrived early and made sure all was set and he was very prepared! Highly recommend. :)

Sent on 09/09/2018
    Stephen Laurie, Vermont Justice of the Peace 1

Stephen Laurie, Vermont Justice of the Peace's reply:

I was great fun working with you, and meeting all of your family and friends! Thank you for including Peggy and me in your celebrations!! Best wishes for a long, happy, and adventure-filled marriage... Stephen

Rebekah · Married on 08/04/2018

Stephen did an amazing job making our wedding a reflection of who we are. We told him from the beginning that we needed a ceremony that blended very different roots and he made it happen! He wasn't just a great officiant, but was a great addition to the memory of our wedding day.

rebecca · Married on 10/07/2017

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Stephen! We got married in East Burke, VT and live in Connecticut. The first time I met him was on our wedding day when I walked down the aisle! We worked together via email and he always responded immediately and was so accommodating of our requests. My father brought him a poem to read that he wrote for us on the day of our ceremony and Stephen was able to make it work flawlessly and adjust his ceremony accordingly. He was an absolute pleasure to work with. He and his wife are the sweetest couple and we also enjoyed having them attend our reception. Thank you so much Stephen for making our day so incredible!!!! Our ceremony was exactly how we pictured it.

Wedding planning is so hectic and stressful. Stephen made it easy :)

Kellie · Married on 10/03/2017

Stephen was great to work with. We were planning our wedding from CT, but he easily guided us and gave thoughtful advice and suggestions to plan our ceremony. We even used one of the readings he wrote in the ceremony, which was great as we felt like we were getting a little personalization that our guests wouldn’t have heard at other weddings before.

I didn’t really start getting nervous until the night before but Stephen worked so well with our planners at Jay Peak to sort out the final details at the rehearsal to make sure everyone knew exactly what we needed to do - and our ceremony went perfectly.

We had both Stephen and his wife as guests to our reception too, which was fantastic. We had a very small wedding and the two of them fit in perfectly with our guests. They were out on the dance floor all night with the rest of the group and helped get others in the partying/dancing spirit too.

Everyone said our ceremony was wonderful, our reception was amazing and everything the whole day was perfect. Stephen was a big part of helping everything come together so smoothly and we’re so glad he was part of our day.

Keisha · Married on 07/30/2016

We can not have been any more lucky to have found Stephen Laurie to officiate our wedding! Stephen is kind and professional offering a variety of ceramony styles, readings and ring exchanges. Stephen takes time to draft a ceremony that is best tailored to the couples wants. We would highly recommend him!

Curtis · Married on 06/11/2016

Stephen was an amazing officiant every step of the way. We were a few states away while planning the wedding and worked over just email and phone calls. Even with just that we felt like we really got to know him. He helped us create the perfect ceremony and was a pleasure to work with. We were able to choose every aspect of the ceremony and he provided great examples and coached us through the flow. The ceremony itself was flawless thanks to his timeliness, execution, and good humor. I would highly recommend him to anyone seeking an officiant.

Sent on 06/15/2016

Stephen Laurie, Vermont Justice of the Peace's reply:

It was such a pleasure working with you both! The weather didn't cooperate for the outdoor ceremony that you had imagined, but you didn't let that become a disappointment, and the indoor ceremony was just as intimate and just as beautiful ... that tells me a lot about how you will deal with life's curve balls - together, with good humor and good grace. Best Wishes!!! - Stephen

Amanda · Married on 05/29/2016

It was a pleasure working with Stephen and my husband and I couldn't have asked for anyone better to officiate our wedding! Stephen was so attentive and responsive throughout the planning process and made our ceremony very personalized and unique to us. He was so much fun to work with and really understand what we were looking for in our wedding. We would highly recommend Stephen!

Mike · Married on 11/28/2015

Contacted him Friday requesting a service Saturday. Stephen returned my call quickly and made the time for us with extremely short notice. He far exceeded our expectations and was professional, on time, well spoken, and helpful. We were worried about not having a photographer, but his wife saved the day. Can't say eneough good words about our experience. Mike/Julie

Sent on 11/29/2015

Stephen Laurie, Vermont Justice of the Peace's reply:

It was my (our) pleasure! Best wishes to you both on a long and happy marriage!!!

Laura · Married on 10/17/2015

Stephen was great! He was extremely flexible and helped us to put together our perfect ceremony. He kept great contact throughout the process and even called us 2 days before to get out all the last minute jitters and questions. He did a fantastic job with our ceremony, and really made our ceremony special. f you are looking for a Justice of the Peace, Stephen is definitely the guy!

Sent on 10/27/2015

Stephen Laurie, Vermont Justice of the Peace's reply:

Thank you for the kind words, and for your gracious invitation for Peggy and I to celebrate with you! Best Wishes for a long and happy marriage!!

Kate · Married on 10/10/2015

Stephen was perfect for our wedding and we wouldn’t have asked for anyone else! Found him way in advance, realized he was extremely far from our venue, then contacted him again in a time crunch. We discussed options and came up with a solution for him to be our officiant, so glad we gave it another shot! When I saw his website I knew he was the guy we would want for our wedding. He was patient and sent reminders when we weren’t working on our vows etc., but once we did our part, he was right on top of sending me the entire ceremony. IMPRESSED. He is GREAT and I HIGHLY recommend him.

Timothy · Married on 10/04/2015

Stephen was a pleasure to work with and was very helpful in designing a custom ceremony and vows that fit our beliefs and needs. He took special care in designing a unique ceremony that was designed just for us. Everything went so smoothly considering that we live out of state and didn't have a chance to meet face-to-face until 1 hour before the ceremony! We highly recommend Stephen.

Sent on 10/21/2015

Stephen Laurie, Vermont Justice of the Peace's reply:

Thank you so much Tim. It was certainly my pleasure, and Peggy and I enjoyed spending time with you (and your families) throughout the magical day and evening's festivities! I hope your honeymoon just as magical!

dan · Married on 09/19/2015

Stephen officiated our wedding at Jay Peak resort in Vermont and he was absolutely fantastic. Our guests could not stop talking about how much they enjoyed our heartfelt ceremony. Stephen's encouragement was the reason we decided to write our own vows and reciting them was one of my favorite moments of the day and something we will cherish for the rest of our lives. Stephen crafted a beautiful ceremony and included every detail I asked for. He responded to all my questions with a timely response. I also asked Stephen to give the blessing at the reception and he was more than happy to do it. He was so great and I can not say enough wonderful things. You will be more than happy picking Stephen as your officiant.

Sent on 10/11/2015

Stephen Laurie, Vermont Justice of the Peace's reply:

It certainly was a heartfelt ceremony - the vows you both wrote touched everyone in the hall! It was my pleasure to offer grace at your reception, and wish you both God's blessings throughout all the years to come...

Helen · Married on 08/29/2015

It was such a pleasure to have Stephen Laurie officiate our wedding! He made the process of putting a ceremony together very easy and was there to answer questions and offer input. He reached out often and responded promptly to any questions. He even made the effort to personalize his attire to that of the groomsmen! His service was much appreciated and helped make our day even that more special!

Sent on 08/30/2015

Stephen Laurie, Vermont Justice of the Peace's reply:

Thank you for your kind words. You two were both very easy to work with, and the whole day was beautiful, relaxed, and fun!!

My Fiance and I immediately felt comfortable with Stephen from the moment we met him. I had spoke with him via email several times, and he was always so quick to respond back, answering any of my questions or putting my mind at ease if I had a concern. Stephen had a selection of readings and vows that really helped us narrow down the things we did and didn't like, and he was flexible with making any adjustments. We were so pleased with how he ran through the rehearsal with us and our wedding party, and being able to crack some jokes with us along the way. Come the day of the wedding Stephen was wonderful, and everyone commented on how beautiful our ceremony he was. We would recommend him any day to anyone looking for an officiant with a great personality and wonderful professionalism. Thank you Stephen!

Lydia · Married on 08/14/2015

Stephen did a wonderful job officiating our wedding! He gave us guidance and suggestions for our ceremony and vows, yet was flexible and open to any changes we wanted. He was professional and very responsive to emails throughout the planning process.

Sent on 08/25/2015

Stephen Laurie, Vermont Justice of the Peace's reply:

... and those plans led to a picture perfect day!!

Rachel · Married on 08/09/2015

Stephen was responsive, professional, and the perfect choice for our ceremony. He had some great suggestions of how to incorporate many readings and ceremony elements whilst maintaining a good flow for the ceremony. He was warm, kind, and made our ceremony memorable and meaningful!

Sent on 08/19/2015

Stephen Laurie, Vermont Justice of the Peace's reply:

Thank you, Rachel. The music choices for the ceremony tied the whole event together - simply perfect!

Kelley · Married on 06/22/2015

Stephan was able to help us plan the ceremony with just a few questions and discussions. Our ceremony was very personal and unique and kept true to what my husband and I were looking for. He offered creative ideas and honest feedback so that our ceremony was a success. He was professional and personable. I would highly recommend Stephan to officiate any wedding!

Sent on 06/27/2015

Stephen Laurie, Vermont Justice of the Peace's reply:

Thank you!! It turned out to be a perfect afternoon for a perfect ceremony, and a beautiful evening for celebrating. Thank you for including Peggy and I in your celebrations - everyone made us feel like old friends of the family!

Daniel · Married on 06/06/2015

Stephen was a fantastic JP! I was raised Jewish and my wife, Protestant and he had excellent knowledge of both Jewish and Christian traditions. He worked with us to create a beautiful ceremony that was exactly what we wanted. He gave us lots of options and was very helpful in narrowing down the details. He was also very reassuring and helped ease stress during wedding planning, which as we all know can be a difficult process for the whole family... "not my circus, not my monkeys" :). After our ceremony he even renewed my grandparents' vows after 68 years of marriage!

We really appreciated Stephens excellent knowledge, professionalism, and fun and easy going personality. We would recommend him to anyone looking for a JP! Thanks again Stephen!

Sent on 06/21/2015

Stephen Laurie, Vermont Justice of the Peace's reply:

It was a great joy, working with you, meeting your families, and celebrating with you throughout the night! Thank you for including Peggy and I in all of your festivities! Best Wishes to you both for a long, happy, and adventurous marriage!

Michael · Married on 01/31/2015

Stephen was great to work with! From our early e-mail interactions to our first in person meeting (over a couple of beers) through the day of our wedding, Stephen was personable, responsive and delivered exactly what we wanted. We ended up writing our own ceremony for the most part (only because we had a very particular idea about what should be said and the overall tone) but Stephen gave us many resources and advice along the way. And his delivery was absolutely perfect... He was also mindful of his position to not be in certain shots (i.e. "the kiss"), which I thought was great and something that I certainly would not have thought of. Many of our guests also complimented that they enjoyed Stephen’s officiating and enjoyed his company during the reception. We very highly recommend Stephen!

Sent on 04/03/2015

Stephen Laurie, Vermont Justice of the Peace's reply:

Thank you so much, Michael. You two were so very easy to work with! I will always remember just how moving your vows to each other were (I think most of us were crying!), and will also remember how generously and graciously you provided for your guests (myself and Peggy included). Please let me know when you will be back in the area - the first round is on me!!

Stephen was wonderful to work with! He hand-tailored our ceremony to accommodate our requests for a short, in-formal and non-religious ceremony. He sent us possible readings, encouraged us to write our own vows and always made us feel comfortable to ask questions or make changes. He did a fabulous job at the ceremony and we could not have asked for a more perfect experience!

Chrissy · Married on 07/26/2014

I found Stephen Laurie on-line when I was searching for a Justice of the Peace. I like the transparency of his web page and when I outreached to him he responded promptly and was very helpful in providing me information about ceremony ideas (scriptures, poems, quotes, etc). His experience was instrumental in us selecting information and meeting our needs to make for a perfect ceremony and special experience for our wedding day. I would recommend Stephen Laurie to all.

Sent on 07/31/2014

Stephen Laurie, Vermont Justice of the Peace's reply:

Thank you Chrissy! You were very easy to work with, and everything came together for a beautiful ceremony and celebration!

Stephen Laurie was very easy to work with. He put together a simple but elegant wedding ceremony, and he gave us advice for writing our own vows. Overall, working with him was a great experience.

Erica · Married on 09/01/2013

Stephen was such a great pleasure to work with! I think there may have been about 50 plus emails between the two of us prior to my wedding day, most of them regarding the "official stuff" and some of them were just Stephen checking in to see how we were holding up as the big day approached. Stephen delivered exactly what we requested and provided us with great advice on vows, readings etc. He arrived on time, fully prepared and his fee was very reasonable :-).

Christine · Married on 08/17/2013

Stephen was everything we wanted in an officiant. Stephen had no reservations in accommodating the non traditional ceremony that we wanted.

We were very pleased with Steve's services! We can't say it enough that he made our Big Day perfect and the ceremony so personal! Thank you very much!