34 Reviews for Stephen Laurie, Vermont Justice of the Peace

Single Religion (1)
Interfaith Ceremony (1)
Rehearsal (1)
34 Stephen Laurie, Vermont Justice of the Peace Reviews

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Stephen! We got married in East Burke, VT and live in Connecticut. The first time I met him was on our wedding day when I walked down the aisle! We worked together via email and he always responded immediately and was so accommodating of our requests. My father brought him a poem to read that he wrote for us on the day of our ceremony and Stephen was able to make it work flawlessly and adjust his ceremony accordingly. He was an absolute pleasure to work with. He and his wife are the sweetest couple and we also enjoyed having them attend our reception. Thank you so much Stephen for making our day so incredible!!!! Our ceremony was exactly how we pictured it.

Wedding planning is so hectic and stressful. Stephen made it easy :)

Profile Picture rebecca, 10/7/17, 1 Review
Services Used: No Denomination, Customized Vows, Non-religious

We can not have been any more lucky to have found Stephen Laurie to officiate our wedding! Stephen is kind and professional offering a variety of ceramony styles, readings and ring exchanges. Stephen takes time to draft a ceremony that is best tailored to the couples wants. We would highly recommend him!

Profile Picture Keisha, 7/30/16, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Stephen was an amazing officiant every step of the way. We were a few states away while planning the wedding and worked over just email and phone calls. Even with just that we felt like we really got to know him. He helped us create the perfect ceremony and was a pleasure to work with. We were able to choose every aspect of the ceremony and he provided great examples and coached us through the flow. The ceremony itself was flawless thanks to his timeliness, execution, and good humor. I would highly recommend him to anyone seeking an officiant.

Profile Picture Curtis, 6/11/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Customized Vows, Non-religious, No Denomination

It was a pleasure working with Stephen and my husband and I couldn't have asked for anyone better to officiate our wedding! Stephen was so attentive and responsive throughout the planning process and made our ceremony very personalized and unique to us. He was so much fun to work with and really understand what we were looking for in our wedding. We would highly recommend Stephen!

Profile Picture Amanda, 5/29/16, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Rehearsal, Interfaith Ceremony, Customized Vows

Contacted him Friday requesting a service Saturday. Stephen returned my call quickly and made the time for us with extremely short notice. He far exceeded our expectations and was professional, on time, well spoken, and helpful. We were worried about not having a photographer, but his wife saved the day. Can't say eneough good words about our experience. Mike/Julie

Profile Picture Mike, 11/28/15, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Stephen was great! He was extremely flexible and helped us to put together our perfect ceremony. He kept great contact throughout the process and even called us 2 days before to get out all the last minute jitters and questions. He did a fantastic job with our ceremony, and really made our ceremony special. f you are looking for a Justice of the Peace, Stephen is definitely the guy!

Profile Picture Laura, 10/17/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Stephen was perfect for our wedding and we wouldn’t have asked for anyone else! Found him way in advance, realized he was extremely far from our venue, then contacted him again in a time crunch. We discussed options and came up with a solution for him to be our officiant, so glad we gave it another shot! When I saw his website I knew he was the guy we would want for our wedding. He was patient and sent reminders when we weren’t working on our vows etc., but once we did our part, he was right on top of sending me the entire ceremony. IMPRESSED. He is GREAT and I HIGHLY recommend him.

Profile Picture Kate, 10/10/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Stephen was a pleasure to work with and was very helpful in designing a custom ceremony and vows that fit our beliefs and needs. He took special care in designing a unique ceremony that was designed just for us. Everything went so smoothly considering that we live out of state and didn't have a chance to meet face-to-face until 1 hour before the ceremony! We highly recommend Stephen.

Profile Picture Timothy, 10/4/15, 1 Review
Services Used: Single Religion, Customized Vows, No Denomination

Stephen officiated our wedding at Jay Peak resort in Vermont and he was absolutely fantastic. Our guests could not stop talking about how much they enjoyed our heartfelt ceremony. Stephen's encouragement was the reason we decided to write our own vows and reciting them was one of my favorite moments of the day and something we will cherish for the rest of our lives. Stephen crafted a beautiful ceremony and included every detail I asked for. He responded to all my questions with a timely response. I also asked Stephen to give the blessing at the reception and he was more than happy to do it. He was so great and I can not say enough wonderful things. You will be more than happy picking Stephen as your officiant.

Profile Picture dan, 9/19/15, 1 Review
Services Used: Non-religious, Customized Vows, No Denomination

It was such a pleasure to have Stephen Laurie officiate our wedding! He made the process of putting a ceremony together very easy and was there to answer questions and offer input. He reached out often and responded promptly to any questions. He even made the effort to personalize his attire to that of the groomsmen! His service was much appreciated and helped make our day even that more special!

Profile Picture User5393792, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Officiant

My Fiance and I immediately felt comfortable with Stephen from the moment we met him. I had spoke with him via email several times, and he was always so quick to respond back, answering any of my questions or putting my mind at ease if I had a concern. Stephen had a selection of readings and vows that really helped us narrow down the things we did and didn't like, and he was flexible with making any adjustments. We were so pleased with how he ran through the rehearsal with us and our wedding party, and being able to crack some jokes with us along the way. Come the day of the wedding Stephen was wonderful, and everyone commented on how beautiful our ceremony he was. We would recommend him any day to anyone looking for an officiant with a great personality and wonderful professionalism. Thank you Stephen!

Profile Picture User5375123, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Stephen did a wonderful job officiating our wedding! He gave us guidance and suggestions for our ceremony and vows, yet was flexible and open to any changes we wanted. He was professional and very responsive to emails throughout the planning process.

Profile Picture Lydia, 8/14/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Stephen was responsive, professional, and the perfect choice for our ceremony. He had some great suggestions of how to incorporate many readings and ceremony elements whilst maintaining a good flow for the ceremony. He was warm, kind, and made our ceremony memorable and meaningful!

Profile Picture Rachel, 8/9/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Stephan was able to help us plan the ceremony with just a few questions and discussions. Our ceremony was very personal and unique and kept true to what my husband and I were looking for. He offered creative ideas and honest feedback so that our ceremony was a success. He was professional and personable. I would highly recommend Stephan to officiate any wedding!

Profile Picture Kelley, 6/22/15, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Stephen was a fantastic JP! I was raised Jewish and my wife, Protestant and he had excellent knowledge of both Jewish and Christian traditions. He worked with us to create a beautiful ceremony that was exactly what we wanted. He gave us lots of options and was very helpful in narrowing down the details. He was also very reassuring and helped ease stress during wedding planning, which as we all know can be a difficult process for the whole family... "not my circus, not my monkeys" :). After our ceremony he even renewed my grandparents' vows after 68 years of marriage!

We really appreciated Stephens excellent knowledge, professionalism, and fun and easy going personality. We would recommend him to anyone looking for a JP! Thanks again Stephen!

Profile Picture Daniel, 6/6/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Stephen was great to work with! From our early e-mail interactions to our first in person meeting (over a couple of beers) through the day of our wedding, Stephen was personable, responsive and delivered exactly what we wanted. We ended up writing our own ceremony for the most part (only because we had a very particular idea about what should be said and the overall tone) but Stephen gave us many resources and advice along the way. And his delivery was absolutely perfect... He was also mindful of his position to not be in certain shots (i.e. "the kiss"), which I thought was great and something that I certainly would not have thought of. Many of our guests also complimented that they enjoyed Stephen’s officiating and enjoyed his company during the reception. We very highly recommend Stephen!

Profile Picture Michael , 1/31/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Stephen was very well organized and helped us through the entire process. He's very well spoken and has plenty of experience.

Profile Picture User4434970, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Stephen was wonderful to work with! He hand-tailored our ceremony to accommodate our requests for a short, in-formal and non-religious ceremony. He sent us possible readings, encouraged us to write our own vows and always made us feel comfortable to ask questions or make changes. He did a fabulous job at the ceremony and we could not have asked for a more perfect experience!

Profile Picture User4447880, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

I found Stephen Laurie on-line when I was searching for a Justice of the Peace. I like the transparency of his web page and when I outreached to him he responded promptly and was very helpful in providing me information about ceremony ideas (scriptures, poems, quotes, etc). His experience was instrumental in us selecting information and meeting our needs to make for a perfect ceremony and special experience for our wedding day. I would recommend Stephen Laurie to all.

Profile Picture Chrissy , 7/26/14, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Stephen Laurie was very easy to work with. He put together a simple but elegant wedding ceremony, and he gave us advice for writing our own vows. Overall, working with him was a great experience.

Profile Picture User4266979, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Stephen was such a great pleasure to work with! I think there may have been about 50 plus emails between the two of us prior to my wedding day, most of them regarding the "official stuff" and some of them were just Stephen checking in to see how we were holding up as the big day approached. Stephen delivered exactly what we requested and provided us with great advice on vows, readings etc. He arrived on time, fully prepared and his fee was very reasonable :-).

Profile Picture Erica, 9/1/13, 7 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Stephen was everything we wanted in an officiant. Stephen had no reservations in accommodating the non traditional ceremony that we wanted.

Profile Picture Christine, 8/17/13, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

We were very pleased with Steve's services! We can't say it enough that he made our Big Day perfect and the ceremony so personal! Thank you very much!

Profile Picture User3467229, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

I found Mr. Stephen Laurie through WeddingWire and couldn't have been happier with how things went. At the time of finding him, we had less than two weeks until our ceremony and I was losing hope of finding an officiant. Mr. Laurie was very open to the time crunch and within a couple of days we had the ceremony completely set up. We were able to customize it to exactly what we had wanted. He was extremely kind and our family was extremely impressed with how he conducted the ceremony. I am beyond grateful for how everything went and how open he was to the last minute booking! I would recommend Mr. Laurie to anybody in need of an officiant!

Profile Picture Katelyn, 7/21/13, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

We couldn't have been happier with the service Stephen provided to us not only at the wedding but in the months leading up to it. My wife and I were very hopeful that when we met Stephen for the first time (he came to meet us at a coffee shop several months before the wedding) that he'd be the type of officiant we'd want in our wedding, and he was. I got the impression he would be as involved as we'd like him to be. Through our numerous emails we traded he seemed to genuinely care that we got out of the ceremony exactly what he hoped. I specifically remember Stephen helping keep the mood light, and me from becoming too nervous, as we stood in front of everybody waiting for the bride. He interacted with the wedding parties wonderfully and I remember being asked by my grandmother how we knew him, as if he was a relative on my wife's side of the family. He interacted that well with everybody. It's for these reasons and many more that I highly recommend Stephen, we couldn't have been more pleased.

Profile Picture Paul, 7/5/13, 1 Review