Willow
Just Said Yes September 2018

Vow Renewal

Willow, on February 19, 2020 at 10:05 PM Posted in Married Life 1 8
Saved
Did anyone do a vow renewal 2 years after they got married the first time? My husband and I got married on September 16th 2018 and we have recently started talking about doing a vow renewal. How much did it cost for you to renew your vows?

8 Comments

Latest activity by OldSchoolKindaLove, on February 24, 2020 at 10:57 AM
  • Pirate & 60s Bride
    Legend March 2017
    Pirate & 60s Bride
    • Flag
    After I was married I saw some gorgeous resorts in the Caribbean that would do a private vow renewal for a few hundred bucks. Of course, the resorts were expensive but if you wanted a luxury romantic getaway, with a vow renewal thrown in, that seems amazing. 馃彎 馃寘
  • Danielle
    Expert November 2020
    Danielle
    • Flag

I think that is personal choice if you feel wanting to do that you should do it. I think it is cheaper to redo vows than a wedding only because it may be for just the couple and not a huge amount of people. you can do a destination too.

• Nefetera
    VIP March 2015
    Nefetera
    • Flag
    Hello me and my husband doing a vow renewal this year after 5 years. Our cost is under 7000 due to our budget and we didn't have a big wedding before.
  • OldSchoolKindaLove
    Devoted September 2018
    OldSchoolKindaLove
    • Flag

My husband and I talked about this last night actually. We have decided we will plan to rent a beach house. This way we can have the vow renewal, invite some friends/family and hire a different photographer (all our wedding photos are a disaster). Also I wanted our wedding at the beach, but due to having family who were unable to travel we settled for something closer to home. I think we are going to wait until our 5th or 10th anniversary to do this, since we just bought a house.

Here are some links I found: Hope this helps

https://www.wikihow.com/Renew-Your-Wedding-Vows Vow Renewal Planning Process

https://www.thespruce.com/how-to-renew-your-marriage-vows-2304027

https://www.theknot.com/content/renewing-your-vows

https://www.stretcher.com/stories/02/02jun17b.cfm (Vow Renewals on a budget)

• Sherry
    Master September 2019
    Sherry
    • Flag

Just as with any event, it costs as much or as little as you want it to. No different than planning your original wedding. You could do a courthouse renewal which would cost the least or go all out and spend many thousands.

• Catherine
    VIP November 2019
    Catherine
    • Flag

I've never heard of anyone doing it so soon after marriaige. usually 10+ years but if you want to do it i don't see why not! Smiley smile are you planning on doing it the same place you were married originally or a new place?

• J
    Master 0000
    Judith
    • Flag
    I could understand doing it privately for each other, frequently. But I would never celebrate another couple's anniversary unless a major milestone one, after 20,25, 40 or 50 years. Some years we have few weddings, but many we go to 4-8, occasionally 12-17. I can't work up any interest in celebrating renewals for already married people. If people want to have a big party, for no reason except to have a big fun time, Great! I'll go. But not versions of a wedding, again for the same couple. Enough .
  • OldSchoolKindaLove
    Devoted September 2018
    OldSchoolKindaLove
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I can see where some couples would want or feel the need to have a vow renewal before 20 years. Especially those couples who have overcome some things, which they thought may break up their marriage. Everyone's circumstance is different, but I do think it's important to realize that not everyone you invite will attend a vow renewal like they do weddings.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics