Wanted to know your thoughts on keeping wedding plans for an early June wedding, or pushing another year? Fiancé and I are super worried things won’t be well-off enough by early June to safely have the wedding we are hoping for. Open to all opinions, but respectful comments only, please.
Hi Alina. I’m anticipating there will still be restrictions in place and our wedding will not be how we envisioned it. This thought saddens me to the point I’m no longer excited about planning. We sent out save the dates to 100 guests months ago, but it looks like we’ll need to rescind some in the coming months. Like you, we did contemplate postponing, but we are in too deep with deposits at this point to be able to do so without losing money if our contracted vendors don’t all have the same future availability. Further, we’re both 34 years old and we don’t want to put off the wedding another year. We’ve decided we’ll proceed with our date and make the necessary sacrifices.
Fellow mass bride here. We have already postponed twice from last year, and here we are again. I am also in early June and I never want to be negative but I just don’t think I’ll get the wedding I want deep down. I have received my covid vaccine, but too many people in mass haven’t (I guess that’s what Baker is basing his reopening off of) We are considering pushing another year but waiting till March to make the final decision! My biggest fear is vendors won’t be able to survive another year of no weddings. Good luck!!
I'm planning on going through with my wedding but I'm also having mine in New Hampshire so restrictions/guidelines are not as strict. I'm honestly okay with cutting my list down as the less people, the more I get to take in the wedding itself. With the vaccine out, I'm hopeful that numbers will go down and we can have more people allowed for indoor and outdoor weddings. The struggle is real with this pandemic..
i'm also planning a June wedding... its really up to you... I'm optimistic! We also decided that even if they maintain the same restrictions through June (40 people outside) that we were still gonna get married (40 or 150 people - we personally decided we'd get married no matter how many people came) as for safety - there have been several small weddings already over this past year and people made it happen... if you are willing to be flexible. If you are set on a larger wedding - you can also look at NH, Maine and CT - their restrictions are much more liberal (100 people)... and by then I think most people will either be vaccinated, immune or willing to take precautions (masks)... whatever you decide. Good luck and Best WIshes!
My wedding is in late June and we plan to have it but downsize if necessary. We also expect that we will likely have to move things outside and not have a dance floor but this is ok with us because some of our vendors are not available next year and we don't want to wait a whole year to get married.
Overall, I have just changed my perspective and I feel that the day will be amazing no matter what (especially given how tough this year has been) and if restrictions ease at all and enable us to have a day closer to what we had planned, that will be a bonus!
Hi Alina, I’m also from Mass getting married mid June. My fiancé and I are still going ahead with our plans. We were planning a smallish wedding to begin with (40-50 people). We hope by that time the general public will have had access to the Covid vaccine. If there are still restrictions in place, we will tackle them as they get closer, but we won’t be postponing. Good luck and congratulations!!
Hey Alina, you actually just made me realize I still had June on here for some reason. Our wedding date is actually July 2nd 2021. We are still holding out hope and our venue does not seem to be too worried right now. I’m praying vaccines, etc will help things open back up a little. Best of luck to you and feel free to message me about anything!
I am in the same situation. I just decided to move mine from June to August 2021 to give it a bit more time to get closer to normal. Probably still not normal but hoping better than 25 people outside. Its the second time I have moved it so im not sending new save the dates out. Most of my vendors were able to accommodate the new date and im hoping for the best. I don't want to move to 2022 because we have been engaged for 2 years and were supposed to get married Aug 2020 originally. I hope things get better by then.
I am getting married June 12 in Mass and my fiancé and I have decided we are getting married on that date whether or not we get the big wedding of our dreams. Our venue is being very accommodating so unless there is a complete shutdown we won’t be rescheduling.
Congratulations to the both of you! My fiancé and I are getting married June 5, 2021! This wasn't our original date though. Since Covid first broke out, we've changed the date twice. Through this whole experience I've learned to accept that "Our lives aren't going to stop, just cause the world decides to." With this in mind, if on June 5th it decides to rain, shine, snow storm, mandated masks and 6 ft away, It'll still be our day to exchange vows. At the end of all the decision planning, you and your fiancé need to decide what is most important and meaningful to you both. I personally, don't want to look back on wedding pictures to see my face covered in all the pictures. So we have decided to have our wedding ceremony in our backyard. Our yard is small, so we've also had to cut our guest list down to 40 people. Thankfully, our wedding venue has been so helpful and accommodating through this whole experience. So instead of having the reception there, they've agreed to cater the event at our home. So this will be nice to still have them included on the day. I'm not sure if this helps. Just know that you're not alone. And DONT STRESS! Everything will work out in the end
Hi there, getting married in ma on 6/4/21. I was feeling optimistic but had a small meltdown this week regarding not being able to order invites, etc with all the unknowns. We are going forward no matter what because we just want to be married and we have so much in with our vendors. I know all of our weddings will be beautiful.
Congratulations to you!! We were originally planning a 2020 wedding but pushed to early June 2021. We’ve made the call to cut the guest list in half and have stated making adjustments for the smaller and safer wedding. No matter what we’re getting married in June. We’ve alerted our guests about the smaller wedding and let them know we’ll be asking them to be safe, quarantine or have a negative covid test prior to the wedding to ensure we’re as safe as possible since several are traveling across state lines. No matter what don’t stress, it stinks trying to plan for all the things but focus on the good. It will be a wonderful wedding!
My fiancé and I decided to do a backyard rented wedding with 65 people invited. If the regulations are the same by June, we decided to just cancel the entire thing a month before and elope with immediate family only. But our hopes are high that June will be less restrictive here in MA by then so we can have more people around!
I would first like to say CONGRATULATIONS on all of your upcoming weddings!
Joe and I took a step back to weigh all of our options.. So we called our venue to get all possible scenario's as per Governors orders AND the venue itself.
Worse case scenario for us was we had to cancel and reschedule on a later date - Joe and I decided that was not an option for us as we wished to move forward with our life and future family with or without COVID.
Our Venue (The Mountain Rose Inn) does a ceremony only wedding which seats 40 guests outdoors. Although Joe and I wished to have our 165 guests - we decided to look at it optimistically... others in 2020 had their weddings in which we ended up not making the "cut" but they all mentioned to us that it was so much better than they had expected which makes us think more positively at that option. AND all the money we had previously saved for this wedding we would be able to utilize that for our future!
Although, Joe seems to think things are going to greatly change and the more we think and plan on having "the 165 wedding of our of dreams" it will come true! We are holding out on different guidelines IF they do come down the line.
Then come other tricky points: IF you are going to hold out on making any decisions until later, when exactly should you wait to send out RSVP invitations and when should guests RSVP by? If decided for March to make a decision a lot of things could change from then until the end of May... There are just SOOOO many unknown variables. We are meeting with Kasey the Venue Owner within the next few weeks to discuss different things... I can always repost what she has to offer for guidance as well.
First, I would like to say Congrats to all of you beautiful brides, and say thank you for taking the time to leave thoughtful responses on this thread. My fiancé and I sat down and had a long heart to heart and weighed all the pros/cons, and we decided that we have waited this long, what's another year (for us!). I am so sorry to those of you who have had to reschedule multiple times- this virus is a real beast in so many ways, and I hope you all have beautiful days. We decided to push our wedding 364 days, and luckily it will be a copy/paste version of what was supposed to happen this June. At the end of the day, I am thankful for our health, the health of our families, and the ability to be excited for this wedding for another year and a half (haha!).
I appreciate all the input, and am so happy many people commenting here are able to marry their loves soon!
Best Wishes for beautiful Wedding Days (and lives with your SOs), whether rain, shine, or random MA June snowstorm!
Hey Alina, I'm in a very similar boat. I'm not sure what we're going to do...we'll probably decide sometime in March if we'll keep our plans, postpone again, or cancel outright. I'm also very concerned about the tight timeline and if a large gathering will be safe by then. I wish you the best of luck in your planning/decision process!
Hi Alina, We are still planning on hosting our wedding in early June in Pepperell. We had already planned it for outdoors so that’s in our favor. As for vendors, most of them have COVID policies to reschedule and reassess fees. Personally, I’m freaking out. I’m too unsure to really nail anything down. I know the date is quickly approaching but I’m trying to hold off on final decisions until late March. We are both in our 40’s and just cannot wait any longer. It’s a lot. A real lot to take in. I always assumed wedding planning was going to be all consuming but this is a lot of extra anxiety
Hi Kayla, I empathize with this so much! I will be 32 next year and very much feel the same way. I'm also struggling with the fact that my fiancé's parents live in Peru and am praying they will be able to feel safe making the trip in June. If I was 28 or 29, I'd push to next year, but I don't want to wait another year to start a family and being married first is important to me. Trying to make the best of a smaller wedding, but knowing I'll need to cut the guest list and have masks at my wedding feels hard. I'm right there with you!
Keeping our friends and family safe is our top priority. We’ll always have each other. Our love isn’t going anywhere. We decided to wait it out another year to make sure we can celebrate exactly how we’ve always imagined with everyone we always imagined being there. I think I cried the entire day when we made the decision but at the end of the day, it was the right one for us. We have family from out of state (and out of the country) as well as elderly family members we worry about. This gives us more time to plan small details and save more money.