We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Courtney
Savvy August 2021

Mass brides 2021

Courtney, on October 21, 2020 at 3:28 PM Posted in Massachusetts Planning 3 60
Saved Save
Reply
Any mass 2021 brides here and what are your plans ours is 8/21/21 and I’m nervous our won’t happen our venue is closed and Covid high again what are your thoughts and advice do we postpone do we send out save the dates I already have and plan to send out in December January it’s so stressful worrying if our day will happen

60 Comments

Latest activity by Courtney, on November 21, 2020 at 7:34 AM
  • A
    Expert September 2020
    Alli ·
    • Flag
    Your venue is closed right now?!
    I would be in contact with them regarding contract and refunds is possible. I would also ask what their plan B is if it is indoors or outdoors if executive orders were to limit your guest count or cancel on you. It’s so hard to tell right now! Best wishes 🤍
    • Reply
  • Courtney
    Savvy August 2021
    Courtney ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you I emailed just waiting reply last I heard few months ago was my planner is furloughed and there is no seating plan due to Covid and our food tasting is postponed till further notice our next payment is February and they have no answers thank you again
    • Reply
  • Jay
    Dedicated September 2021
    Jay ·
    • Flag

    I'm Sept. 2021 in MA! We haven't been engaged long (since May) & since we got engaged post-pandemic we were able to go into this knowing things might still be restricted. Doesn't make it any easier!

    I'm not feeling overly optimistic, but we're waiting until January to re-evaluate the vaccine situation. We have plans for about 150 guests and we would struggle to get it down to 100, plus we were planning on an indoor reception, which is at 25 people for the foreseeable future! I originally wanted to send save the dates in late November but now I'm thinking planning for February might be better since we might have made a decision at that point.

    I'm sorry your venue hasn't been communicating though--that's really frustrating & stressful.

    • Reply
  • Courtney
    Savvy August 2021
    Courtney ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you ours is indoor reception outdoor ceremony so it’s not looking good for reception I pray things open so everyone can have there day they been planning and postponing I don’t know what we will do if can’t have it because everything is already booked and no refunds so I’m panicking hopefully after Jan February things will open up and have more normal gatherings
    • Reply
  • Jay
    Dedicated September 2021
    Jay ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

    Have you guys talked about a backup plan? We have a backup plan in mind but won't be making the call on if that's what's happening until 2021. We have to pick a go/no go date still, and I'm aiming for March...we'll see what my fiancè says, as I think he'll want more like June for the time-to-make-a-decision date haha.

    • Reply
  • Courtney
    Savvy August 2021
    Courtney ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I try but my fiancé keeps saying we’ll be fine but it’s stressing me not to have one
    I’m open to any advice on options I tell him I’m ok with making it a backyard wedding if we have to our beach theme won’t go but I can live with that I just don’t want to lose our vendors and money paid to them ( if we move date the chances are our vendors may not be available and we lose our money and start over) that I don’t want.
    Open for any advice thank you again
    • Reply
  • Jay
    Dedicated September 2021
    Jay ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Oo yeah. I agree you need to at least know if you’ll cut down the guest list or postpone. I think you should sit him down & acknowledge that it really might be fine (& I hope it is!) but that you need to know the backup plan or you’ll be stressed from now until next August. I would also come up with your ideal backup plan, and see if he agrees, to get the conversation started.
    • Reply
  • Namala
    Just Said Yes July 2021
    Namala ·
    • Flag
    I completely understand your dilemma. We wanted to have our wedding on 7/17/21 but Covid has sabotaged much of our plans. The real issue for us is not to put the money out, but will people come. For that reason, we have held off.
    • Reply
  • Kayla
    Savvy June 2021
    Kayla ·
    • Flag
    Our date is June 12, 2021 and the wedding is both outdoors and indoors. We just ordered save the dates for 100 guests and plan to wait and see how things progress, and make any necessary guest list reductions closer to when we need to order the invitations. It’s quite impossible to plan right now. Hoping for the best...
    • Reply
  • Michelle
    Just Said Yes April 2021
    Michelle ·
    • Flag
    My suggestion would to wait! I feel like things may change as we get farther into the winter.


    Our original date was going to be April 2021, our venue was out of contact from April-September this year. We’ve decided not to go with our original venue since it was all going to be indoors. We aren’t very optimistic about a full out 2021 wedding, so we’re waiting to see what the winter brings. Our plan is to keep our April date, and just do a small gathering (under 25 ppl) with immediate family. I feel like it’s impossible to be able to plan out too far, so frustrating!
    • Reply
  • Courtney
    Savvy August 2021
    Courtney ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you ours we got down to 100 have save the dates and was planning to send out in January now and hoping for a dance floor as of right now that isn’t allowed if it doesn’t change we will have to postpone I don’t want to give up everything as we already have to cut list and cocktail hour gone and face coverings required
    I’m hoping if vaccines happen some of that will be lifted and open dance floors again
    • Reply
  • Brittany
    Just Said Yes April 2021
    Brittany ·
    • Flag
    We canceled our venue as they aren’t open yet either ! Doing it smaller backyard style at my moms so we keep our date and move on to the honeymoon lol
    • Reply
  • Ashley
    Just Said Yes August 2021
    Ashley ·
    • Flag
    Ours is August 2021- we had booked it in 2019 pre-covid because we wanted a specific date so we got lucky that it wasn’t this year! Our venue is outdoors and have warned us that if covid is still an issue next year we’ll have to scale back the number of people. We sent out save the dates a couple weeks ago and have just resigned ourselves that we’ll have to have some tough conversations next spring if this is still the case.
    • Reply
  • Noelle
    Just Said Yes June 2021
    Noelle ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

    We're June 5, mostly indoors. I've held off on even ordering my save the dates because I don't want to purchase them all if I have to then change the date... We put a soft hold on a June 2022 date and are probably going to make the call in December/January. For a while the vaccine news seemed really promising but I feel like every time I hear something about it the timeline is getting pushed back further and further. It's so hard to plan right now!! I have no motivation.

    • Reply
  • Christine
    Just Said Yes August 2021
    Christine ·
    • Flag
    We are also 8/21/21. No final decisions have been made about changing to a smaller 20-person backyard wedding yet since payments are due starting February. We’ll decide in January but right now I have no hope for our 120 guest outdoor reception. The timeline needed for a vaccine to safely have that many people gather, even outside, is too tight for me. Save the dates are only going to those 18 people for now, I’m perfectly happy with a backyard wedding and don’t consider our deposits to be truly “lost”. Only thing stressing me out is not having concrete plans now, I hate being stuck between 2 plans, I only want to have one plan and go from there 🙃
    • Reply
  • Courtney
    Savvy August 2021
    Courtney ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Same I hate the not knowing I know a lot could change in a year but still it’s stressful with the uncertainty I’m ocd and this is really messing with me and I’m driving my fiancé crazy lol I’m ok with backyard as back up as well just don’t want to lose all my money our next payment is due in February as well so I have to make a choice by then aahh
    • Reply
  • A
    Savvy May 2021
    Ally ·
    • Flag

    Hi! I' May 7, 2021 as of now (this is already our first postponed date). We just were up and looking at backup venues because ours was in trouble from having weddings with too many people and got their liquor license taken away indefinitely Smiley cry Luckily they now have it back, so we are still on course for our original venue (for now). After already postponing once, I think we are just going to go with a backup plan if we have to postpone again and just rent a tent and have it in one of our family friends backyards. Right now I'm still in the process of re-labeling our save the dates and rsvp cards so we don't have to order new ones, and keep holding off because we don't know if it will change again. At this point the struggle of planning, re-planning, postponing, everything's always changing stress I just want it done and over with anyway lol

    I would definitely suggest having a few backup venues/ideas just in case, and also stay in touch with your other vendors, like photographer and dj, that way they are in the loop with the everchanging Covid wedding!

    • Reply
  • Allison
    Savvy June 2021
    Allison ·
    • Flag

    I was supposed to be a 2020 bride (5/30/20) and then when COVID hit we pushed it back until 8/30/20, because at the time (we postponed in March) we never could have imagined that the virus would still be so out of control. We postponed a second time around May until next year. Now our new data is 6/6/21. I am trying to be optimistic, but I don't think our wedding will be the way we originally planned it. We were inviting close to 250 people and it's all inside.....I am trying to not worry just yet. I am going to wait until January to see the status of the vaccine before I start coming up with yet another backup plan.

    • Reply
  • Courtney
    Savvy August 2021
    Courtney ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I’m so sorry I hope this one works out for you it is so stressful and depressing with everything it’s going on way to long I’m hoping after winter it goes away for the most part anyway so we can open up and get to a new normal and less stress and start celebrating things again we all need that now more than ever
    We also thinking of a backyard plan and also a date change for plan c I much rather keep our date and vendors than lose everything I already payed for
    I wish you luck for your May wedding I truly hope we are good by spring
    • Reply
  • Lynn
    Just Said Yes July 2021
    Lynn ·
    • Flag

    @courtney I'm right there with you. We had a NYE wedding planned in Andover, MA and decided to move it out to July 24,2021 on the beach (Salisbury). We're planning an outdoor ceremony and indoor receptions. I have family that needs to travel from all over and I am pretty nervous that even in July there will still be restrictions.

    I only put my initial deposit down so far (25%) and do have it written that if there are state restrictions / I can move my date.

    I wonder if venues can be flexible with payments since there is still so much unknown - are they forcing you to give more money in Feb or you'll loose the date?

    • Reply

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

×

Related articles