Nakia
Beginner October 2022

How much should the rehearsal dinner cost?

Nakia, on April 20, 2021 at 8:19 AM Posted in Parties and Events 0 15
Saved
About how much should the rehearsal dinner cost? I’m in Houston and I have reached out to several restaurants about booking their private rooms, they all have a $1500 minimum or more. Is this typical?

15 Comments

Latest activity by Lauren, on April 21, 2021 at 4:30 PM
  • Hannah
    Master July 2019
    Hannah ·
    • Flag
    Rehearsal dinners can be as casual or as fancy as you want. Some people spend over $1000 and others by some pizza and beer and have it a person's house for a fraction of the price. It's all about how much you want to spend.
  • Haylie
    Dedicated October 2021
    Haylie ·
    • Flag
    We are just having our rehearsal dinner at my parents house and having pizza, sides and drinks; a super casual and fun night , and all very inexpensive!
  • V
    Champion July 2019
    Veronica ·
    • Flag
    The price can definitely vary especially on location, formality and how many people you plan on having.
  • Cyndy
    Rockstar May 2019
    Cyndy Online ·
    • Flag
    It definitely depends on what type of food, if you’re offering drinks, how many people, etc.
  • Hanna
    VIP June 2019
    Hanna ·
    • Flag
    Depends on so many factors! Our rehearsal dinner for 65-70 guests cost $3000 (we included all out of town guests). My cousin spent $10k on her rehearsal dinner for 45 guests at a fancy restaurant with an open bar. My best friend spent $100 on her rehearsal dinner for 17 guests at her home with pizza and beer. It really depends on what you want out of your rehearsal dinner
  • Chelsea
    Expert June 2021
    Chelsea ·
    • Flag

I'd say that's probably around normally. We're having 30 guests and dinner options of steak, salmon, and honeysuckle chicken. I don't even WANT to know what my mother-in-law is spending. I was fine with ordering pizzas and eating in the park by the venue!

• Michelle
    Rockstar October 2022
    Michelle Online ·
    • Flag

$1500 seems very expensive. Every rehearsal dinner we have been to, together or separate, was simple pizza and beers/sodas or an inexpensive Mexican/Chinese restaurant which is still well under that price range.

• Sarah
    Master September 2019
    Sarah ·
    • Flag
    This really depends on what you want. Restaurants in our area are similar in price if you’re looking to host in a private space. If you don’t care about privacy you may be able to get that price down a bit, but not all places take reservations for large groups.
  • Melle
    Legend June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag

That sounds typical to me! when i was looking for private rooms at restaurants it would be a minimum of around that much too.

• Rebecca
    Master August 2019
    Rebecca ·
    • Flag

My ILs went to Costco, bought a bunch of things to cook, and had rehearsal dinner at their place, for 20 people.

While it was a lot of food, it was also Costco, so I doubt it cost more than a couple hundred. It was also delicious and fun.

Rehearsal dinners can be totally casual affairs. Ours was. (I did dress up a wee bit, but that was me pulling the 'bride card'.)

• Erin
    Dedicated April 2021
    Erin ·
    • Flag
    We are renting the top floor of a brewery for 3 hours ($300) and ordered catering from Mission BBQ ($400). This doesn’t include the drinks, but with Covid, we are only serving 25 people, so I’m not worried about the bar tab. I’m guessing we will spend $1000 total. If we had our original amount of people (40), we would probably be pushing $1200. I guess it all depends, but we got exactly what we wanted, and if you have A mission BBQ by you, check them out! They deliver, setup, and do a great tasting beforehand!
  • Richaelyn
    Devoted July 2021
    Richaelyn ·
    • Flag
    I’m in Houston too! We’ll probably do the pizza & drinks too or either have a family member make some pasta and serve it with bread and salad. My fiancé and I are young, we’ve already spent a good amount on the wedding itself...I’m not trying to spend no more big money lol
  • J
    Expert May 2021
    Jaime ·
    • Flag

We are doing ours at a pizza restaurant, not quite upscale but they have nice food. I think our minimum is $800 but my guess is we will likely go over that with food and drink for about 30 people.

• Melody
    Expert April 2021
    Melody ·
    • Flag

That'll depend on what all you want. We're doing pizza, sides, and beer at a park about 5 minutes from the venue. The total cost will likely come to around $300 based on the number of people we'll have.

• Lauren
    Savvy August 2021
    Lauren ·
    • Flag

$1500 is about what we budgeted. We were hoping to do cocktails and appetizers instead of a full dinner though

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics