Ashley
Beginner May 2020

Engagement Photos!

Ashley, on January 16, 2019 at 9:11 PM Posted in Ohio Planning 0 9
Saved Save

*Engagement*

We are flying back to Ohio in May and need to find a place to take engagement photos. Any suggestions? I'm from the Canton/Akron area and we would like to go somewhere free, but I'm willing to pay a little if we really love the place. We are planning on getting married at the Cleveland Botanical Gardens so any kind of outdoorsy, park, garden, castle, etc. would be great.

9 Comments

• Maggie
    Champion October 2025
    Maggie ·

Hi Ashley!! Have you thought about Canal Park or Firestone Metro Park? Those might be able to get you the outside/naturey pics that you're looking for. Or maybe Stan Hywet Gardens, but I think you might have to pay to take pictures there.

• Ashley
    Beginner May 2020
    Ashley ·

Thank you! I'll take a look at them.

• Megan
    Devoted March 2021
    Megan ·
    We did our announcement pictures at Brandywine Falls ( I think it's in Peninsula/Boston Heights)
  • Maggie
    Champion October 2025
    Maggie ·
    View Quoted Comment

Not a problem!! Hope you find a space!

• Missy
    July 2019
    Missy ·

Did you decide on a place? I am looking for a place in Akron for pictures after the wedding.

• B
    Just Said Yes October 2020
    Bethany ·

Stan Hywet Hall and Gardens!

• Ashley
    Beginner May 2020
    Ashley ·
    View Quoted Comment
    We haven't decided yet but our photographer suggested Quail Hollow State park and Gervasi Vineyards. We we're also thinking about Massillon women's club because we're going for a garden theme. We're leaning towards Quail Hollow because there's no fee. Our photographer has been so great with helping us and giving us suggestions! I would ask your photographer if you have one. We're using Captured by Kelly!
  • Missy
    July 2019
    Missy ·
    We have decided to go Lock 4 and use the stairs and water, plus a stop at the fountains of University of Akron.
  • J
    Dedicated October 2020
    Jenny ·
    If you want to travel up to the Medina area, the historic square is beautiful and Buckeye woods park has beautiful outdoor settings!!!

Comment on this discussion