Adara
Devoted October 2019

Bridal shower

Adara, on July 30, 2019 at 4:35 PM Posted in Parties and Events 0 18
Saved
Hi all,
bridal shower is in a few weeks did you all get your makeup done professionally for your shower?

18 Comments

Latest activity by Jenna, on July 31, 2019 at 12:47 PM
  • Melle
    Legend June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag
    I didn't. But I was planning to do a hair trial for that day. I didn't end up doing that either since I was busy. But I think if you want to use that opportunity as a trial, it makes sense !
  • Danielle
    Master June 2019
    Danielle ·
    • Flag

I didn't, but it could be an opportunity for you to do your trials for the wedding. I did my trials on the day of my bridal portraits instead.

• Cassi
    Super October 2019
    Cassi ·
    • Flag

If you can use it as your trial like PP said then yeah it would be worth it but if not I wouldn't worry about it honestly. My bridal shower isn't until September but I don't plan on doing anything outside of my norms Smiley smile

• Allie
    Master August 2019
    Allie ·
    • Flag

I didn't. I did my own to practice for my wedding.

• Samantha
    Expert October 2019
    Samantha ·
    • Flag
    I didn't. I did my own hair and makeup for my bridal shower.
  • Angerra
    VIP August 2019
    Angerra ·
    • Flag
    I did my own hair and makeup for my shower. Didn't feel it required having it done professionally.
  • Caytlyn
    Legend November 2019
    Caytlyn ·
    • Flag

My plan is to do my trials the day of the shower.

• Gen
    Champion June 2019
    Gen ·
    • Flag
    No but I also did my own makeup for the wedding too, haha
  • Mandi
    VIP May 2016
    Mandi ·
    • Flag

I did for one of my showers but only because it was my makeup trial. But if you want to do it, go for it!

• J
    Master 0000
    Judith ·
    • Flag
    I have never seen if heard of anyone getting private makeup for a shower, in 23 years of way over 109 showers. Is the shower a formal event with a sit down dinner in a super fancy place? Usually the dressiest shower is still pretty casual, not a second wedding. So even trial makeup day for the wedding, would be too much for a shower.
  • Brae
    VIP September 2019
    Brae ·
    • Flag
    I did my trial that day. Yes, it was formal for my bridal shower, but it's also way too formal for my living room couch. Especially because my trial wasn't included, I didn't want to "waste it" by doing nothing with it done. I wouldn't have gotten anything professionally done, if it wasn't going to be my trial though.
  • Adara
    Devoted October 2019
    Adara ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Yes I feel you on that. If I’m getting makeup done I’m going somewhere
  • Adara
    Devoted October 2019
    Adara ·
    • Flag
    I’ve already had my trial so that’s not an option. Was thinking of going to ulta for their makeup application. Just want to look good for pictures. Sometimes when I do my own I look shiny. But thanks ladies
  • Laura
    Expert September 2019
    Laura ·
    • Flag

I did my own makeup for my bridal shower. However, I did get my makeup professionally done for our engagement party as a trial run with my makeup artist. She was amazing, so I booked her for the wedding! Smiley smile

• Amanda
    Dedicated August 2019
    Amanda ·
    • Flag
    I did my own hair and make up for my shower. I had a trial and then a bridal portrait session so we’re all on the same page for my hair/make up preferences! You could always schedule a trial the same day though if you like!
  • Cjams
    Savvy January 2020
    Cjams ·
    • Flag
    I did! And it was beautiful! My bridal shower and bachelorette party were during the same weekend so the shower was Saturday afternoon and the party was that night...so I got double use out of it.
  • Kelley
    Dedicated May 2021
    Kelley ·
    • Flag
    My mom and I will both be getting our trial makeup done that day!
  • Jenna
    Super October 2019
    Jenna ·
    • Flag

Lucky for me my best friend is a make up artist and has starting working with hair as well, and she's insisting on doing mine for both of my showers. If not, I would probably go somewhere to have just my make up done and do my own hair, only because I have pathetic make up skills and want to look nice for the showers.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics