Marie
Savvy September 2019

Bach party invite help

Marie, on June 18, 2019 at 9:13 AM Posted in Parties and Events 0 5
Saved Save
Hi ladies,

I need some advice. I am very close with some of my FH family members and they have expressed their desire to be at bachelorette party. Is it rude of me to invite those I'm close to and then not other family? It's odd to have family at a bach party I know, so not sure what's acceptable.
Thanks in advance

5 Comments

• Jazmin
    Rockstar April 2019
    Jazmin ·
    • Flag
    Anything you decide will be great because you make the rules on that.

• Mandi
    VIP March 2020
    Mandi ·
    • Flag
    I think that depends on what you want. I don't plan to invite family to mine. But if I were, cousins would be the only ones to make the cut. Just a personal preference. I'd want the guest list to be similar in ages.
  • Melle
    Rockstar June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag
    You don't need to invite everyone to the bach, it usually is a smaller affair anyway.
  • S
    Expert October 2019
    Sara ·
    • Flag
    It’s up to you! If you want to include them in some way, but don’t want to have them there for everything maybe open the invite for part of the party. For example, you and your friends can do something during the day and then invite his family members to join you for dinner afterwards.
  • Haley
    Expert October 2020
    Haley Online ·
    • Flag

I'm in a similar situation and I don't know what to do either! One of his cousins is my bridesmaid so I'm pretty close with FH family. We've been together 10 years. I want to invite his other cousin, we'll call her K, but she is the same age as the bridesmaids sister, we'll call her H, (his other other cousin) and I think I've said 2 words to H in 10 years. BUT I feel like it'd hurt her feelings if I invited K and not her. I know K would be really excited to come. But I think it'd make it uncomfortable for me if H came because she seems a little more immature and I'm not sure I could really chill with her there or I'd be nervous.

Comment on this discussion