Brit
Devoted May 2019

Antsy pants

Brit, on July 17, 2019 at 1:20 PM Posted in Married Life 0 12
Saved Save
Sooo I have been married for a little over two months. It has been amazing, except one thing. Since we spent over a year planning and crafting to put everything together, I feel super antsy cuz i now have nothing to do. I am a super crafty person, but i can't seem to find anything to occupy myself with while hubs is at work ( i am off at 3 and he doesn't get home until 7 ish and works most saturdays until 1). Are any of you hitting this slump? if you are, what are you doing to make it better???

12 Comments

• Lauren
    VIP September 2019
    Lauren ·
    • Flag

Is there an event or trip coming up that you can plan for?

Maybe you can use your craftiness to make things for your new home together, or for upcoming holidays.

Have you selected photos/layout for your wedding album? Or could you make your own scrapbook album to show off your crafty side?

• Melissa
    VIP September 2019
    Melissa ·
    • Flag
    Not hitting the slump bc I still have 2 months to go, but what do you like to craft? Maybe find some new projects to start.
  • CourtneyBrittain
    Master August 2019
    CourtneyBrittain ·
    • Flag

I was thinking what Lauren said!

Also, if you're needing something to do for those 4 hours, you could go join a yoga class or a crafting class or something?

• Destiny
    Rockstar May 2020
    Destiny ·
    • Flag
    My fh is the one working right now and ive taken up loom knitting, and cross stitching
  • Nikita
    VIP April 2019
    Nikita ·
    • Flag

If you're super crafty, maybe look to see if anything in marketable, Etsy may be up your alley if you think you can handle starting your own business.

For myself, I started planning for the next steps... back to the job hunt, house hunting and family planning. I wanted to get all my ducks in a row before we head into starting a family. We will be looking to start in about 1 year.

• Chandra
    Master May 2019
    Chandra ·
    • Flag
    Same! I jumped at the opportunity to try to start planning a surprise party for my moms 50th birthday at the end of the year. However a number of things have popped up that are making us postpone the party to her 51st.
    Cousin's getting married around christmas, my grandparents 50th anniversary, and I'll be 7 months pregnant at that time so....now my energy is spent planning things for baby! ❤
  • Halle
    Devoted November 2019
    Halle ·
    • Flag
    Following because I love hearing about things to plan for lol
  • Brit
    Devoted May 2019
    Brit ·
    • Flag

Not having something to plan for is part of the issue. There isn't anything coming up. Everything i have looked up to craft on pinterest isn't piquing my interest.

• C
    Devoted June 2019
    C R ·
    • Flag
    Maybe check in with your local children’s homes, daycare centers, nursing homes, humane society, etc. to see what volunteer opportunities are out there? I bet crafting skills might come in handy in some of those places.
  • C
    Expert November 2020
    Casey ·
    • Flag
    Maybe a new hobby? I am this way and build Victorian dollhouses with my mom. I barely have time for it these days but generally I LOVE doing it and it can take hours crafting all the tiny stuff.
  • ASMini914
    Super September 2019
    ASMini914 ·
    • Flag

Pick up a hobby! Not married yet, but I was bored when we moved to the suburbs a few years ago and I became a barre teacher! It has definitely filled up the time, and there is always something new to practice/prepare for!

You could also try to learn a new language! We are learning Italian for our honeymoon, and a Rosetta Stone subscription is super affordable (like $10/month or something)

• Danielle
    Expert March 2019
    Danielle ·
    • Flag

About 3 months after the wedding, we hosted a big BBQ in our backyard, so that kept me busy for a couple of weeks anyway. Now that summer is here, our garden is in full bloom and I spend most of my free time trying to figure out what to do with all the zucchini and cucumbers! The other night was zucchini bread and a quiche, tonight is going to be a couple of jars of pickles I think! LOL

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics