Zota Beach Resort Reviews

View more information

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2021 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

Laura B. Married on 08/06/2021

Wonderful venue right on the Gulf

We couldn't be happier with our experience working with the Zota Beach Resort for our beach wedding!! We ran into issues with our original date due to Covid-19 and the entire team was was incredibly flexible and accommodating as the situation unfolded. All of our guests commented on how impressed they were with the venue and the staff. We strongly recommend them for any future event.
  • Jessica
    Jessica J. Married on 02/08/2021

Wonderful!!

Working with Kara and The Zota was amazing. They made sure I did not have to worry about a single thing on our big day. We are so appreciative for everyone at The Zota and for their use of an awesome day of coordinating service. We had the most amazing time and everything was taken care of perfectly.
    Ann M. Married on 06/09/2020

Beautiful!

Our wedding reception at Zota was so beautiful! The team there is outstanding. I can’t recommend this hotel enough. Thanks to Kara and Rio, they made our experience so amazing. The food was delicious and the terrace was perfect for our small group. Everyone had such a wonderful time. The beach view is breathtaking, can’t wait to go back!
    Tiffany G. Married on 03/07/2020

Amazing Venue and Service!

Kara was wonderful throughout the whole process! She remembered every important detail and delivered on all counts! We loved having our wedding at Zota! We had a private boardwalk to the ceremony site on the beach which was important to me. The ballroom is nicely updated and all linens are included so we didn't have to spend a fortune on decor to transform the space! Food was amazing! Everyone raved about it! We chose a duet plate so we could give everyone surf n turf!
  • Alyssa
    Alyssa S. Married on 10/27/2019

Treated like royalty

I had an amazing experience at the Zota Beach Resort. I honestly felt like I was treated like royalty. Everyone knew who I was and were so friendly/ helpful to all of my guests (Rio and Barbara from the pool bar were amazing!) They catered to our needs and just made the experience absolutely perfect! Kara and Kevin had everything organized and set up so perfectly, I could not have asked for a better experience. Everything exceeded my expectations. Thank you to everyone who helped my day possible! The Zota Beach Resort staff are rockstars!
    Marcie P. Married on 09/21/2019

Excellent Wedding Experience

I couldn't have asked for a better venue for our wedding. The entire staff was wonderful, especially the GM. They made our event truly special. Even our guests raved about the fantastic experience. I would highly recommend Zota for any special occasion!
  • Blake
    Blake H. Married on 06/07/2019

Great service, amazing place

Our wedding experience at Zota was simply amazing. The amenities, location, service, and Kara's attention to detail as our liaison was phenomenal. We are so pleased with our wedding and the relationships we developed at Zota. We will be back. The service at the resort (from Barbara, Gia, Zack, and Jane) was phenomenal. Thank you!
  • Brittany
    Brittany N. Married on 05/18/2019

#letsgetfoxy

Zota was a great venue to work with! We were deciding between two hotels & I am so glad we decided to go with Zota. Our guest had a wonderful experience as well. We truly had an amazing time and we can't wait to visit Zota again! THANK YOU!
    Chrissy Married on 05/06/2019

Wedding Venue

We recently got married at Zota Beach Resort and our day couldn’t have been more perfect!! It was a destination wedding which was hard to plan but was made so easy by our wedding coordinator, Kara Kelsey! The staff was over the top welcoming and accommodating for anything we needed! I highly recommend Zota for any special occasion or even just a vacation get away!!
  • Wendy
    Wendy Married on 04/13/2019

Amazing, Beautiful, Friendly & just AWESOME

Kara Kelsey, Robi, Emily and the entire staff at Zota were absolutely tremendous. Their facility it top notch and their friendliness, true caring nature and hospitality was second to non. We can't wait to come back and visit! Without a doubt the best destination venue in the Sarasota area!
    Hanni Married on 09/29/2018
    This resort is amazing. The staff are so nice and the resort is beautiful. I had my wedding here 9/29 and all of my guests loved it! Great clean rooms, an amazing pool, and beautiful beaches.
  • Hanni
    Hanni W. Married on 09/29/2018

Zota Wedding

Kara Kelsey was absolutely amazing! She made the wedding planning so easy for me as she had great ideas and direction. I couldn't have asked for this to go any smoother. I'm very grateful for her and the Zota Resort. Everyone was professional, accommodating, and kind.
    Nicole W. Married on 06/16/2018

The best venue

Good for people who are looking for a ceremony and reception at the same place. The venue is in a beautiful location and the interior looks great with all the hanging plants
    Beverly M. Married on 12/28/2019

I am totally happy about my experience!

I am very impressed with the venue, food, & service. Kara in catering was exceptionally helpful & professional & a delight to work with for our party. All staff were friendly & helpful!
  • Cynthia
    Cynthia C. Married on 03/30/2019

Everything was excellent, Gorgeous Resort

My wedding at Zona couldn’t have been more beautiful. The staff was very professional but at the same time very friendly. Kara, my event planner was exceptionally wonderful. She handled everything for me and I didn’t have to worry about one thing. I would love to do it over and over again. They made my day exactly how I wanted it to be.
    Ryan Married on 05/11/2019

Zota Beach Resort Summary

Resort view is beautiful, located right on the ocean. The resort has two wings; if looking from the beach the left wing of the resort needs a make over; older and beat up. The right wing is newly renovated and has a way better appearance than the other wing. We stayed in the Beachfront King Suite and the view is amazing but the room isn't special at all. The room is definitely big but the room is older and beat up which is a shame because the resort says it's their best room of the entire resort. The staff is a mess there; throughout our wedding planning process the majority of people we were working with left the company whether that was being fired or a personal choice. It takes a lot for the staff to effectively transfer a call even. The majority of the time when you call the main number, they transfer you about three to four times and usually don't even know who the person is that you're asking for. The grounds of the resort are really nice and the ballroom is amazing; the staff did a really nice setup of the ballroom. The resort doesn't have a very good option for a ceremony location. It's either in the ballroom which has no windows or the beach which you have to deal with other guests of the resort of watching the ceremony and getting in the pictures. The beach is a beautiful setting but you definitely don't have a private atmosphere option if the ceremony is on the beach. My wife and I stay at a lot of nice four and five star resorts and hotels and we believe this resort doesn't belong in the four star resort category; the suite we stayed in was truly disappointing as far as the cosmetics of the room.