Zesty Gourmet Reviews

Zesty Gourmet 5
Zesty Gourmet 6
  • Becca

Becca Korman · Married on 08/24/2019

So many delicious options!

We used Zesty for our August Wedding at the Manor at Airmont. We were introduced to the food and the family at our tasting. We loved every single thing we tasted that day – from apps, to drinks, to main meal, to dessert. The peach cobbler and chocolate chip cookies are the best I have ever had! They were very good about working with us if we wanted a specific type of meat and customizing to our needs. The day of the wedding was above and beyond what we expected. The cocktail hour effort and presentation was a décor element just sitting there. I also had multiple people come up to me and say how good their meal was. We loved having Zesty take care of us on our special day!

Sent on 10/02/2019
    Zesty Gourmet 7
    Zesty Gourmet 8
    Zesty Gourmet 9
    Zesty Gourmet 10
    Zesty Gourmet 11
    Zesty Gourmet 12

Lauren Maxam · Married on 04/07/2019

Delicious food, professional, and accommodating!

Zesty Gourmet catered our 135 person wedding and we absolutely loved the food and the service they provided. From the delightful time we had at our initial tasting to the food being served to our friends and family at our wedding, they went above and beyond to make sure our "tastes" were satisfied. The original menu that was in our contract was not exactly what we had in mind for our wedding since we tend to like interesting twists on classic recipes. We discovered some amazing options during our tasting and they worked very closely with us to adjust the menu to make it exactly what we wanted. Not only were we satisfied, our family and friends raved about the food at our wedding afterwords. We cannot recommend them enough!

Sent on 07/07/2019
  • Erika

Erika · Married on 10/14/2017

Last Minute Help: AMAZING!

Zesty Gourmet was amazing! I needed them last minute (2 weeks before the wedding), and they did such an amazing job in helping me get everything sorted. During the wedding, the servers were AMAZING! They were so nice & so attentive during the whole night! I would recommend them to anyone!!

Sent on 05/21/2019

Adrienne · Married on 07/07/2017

LeAnne and her husband and the Zesty Gourmet team provided amazing service and quality. Everyone at our wedding commented on how great the food was (especially the beef with madeira sauce and peach cobbler!) and they truly feel like family. Throughout the whole process, LeAnne was very responsive and able to make additions based on what we wanted (bacon wrapped dates for an app!). The mangers and staff who were with us for the whole of the reception felt like guests and did everything with a smile and joy. I hope they enjoyed being there as much as we enjoyed having them. As a small, local business, they handled everything with the utmost professionalism that you'd expect from a big company. They source their food locally and the love they put into their service can truly be felt. We are so grateful for everything they provided to make our wedding day a success!

Sent on 07/09/2017

Candace · Married on 06/18/2016

We hired Zesty Gourmet to cater our 130 guest summer wedding after finding them online, and couldn't have been happier with them. John and Leanne were extremely pleasant to work throughout the whole process and really catered to us. They were so accommodating and open minded when it came to what we wanted. They provided us with a delicious cocktail hour spread, salads, dinner and peach cobbler for dessert, which I would highly recommend! Everything was wonderful and all of our guests really honestly enjoyed the food. Their staff was also very pleasant to work with. I would highly recommend Zesty Gourmet to anyone for any type of event and I hope to be able to use them again in the future!

Sent on 07/07/2016

Lori · Married on 06/14/2014

Yum! That pretty much sums up Zesty Gourmet. We tasted lots of different caterers and immediately fell in love with the BBQ themed items we tasted at Zesty Gourmet. Leanne and Jon are a pleasure and we really enjoyed the time they spent with us to ensure our wedding went off with no mishaps. Our guests raved about the food and are still talking about the cedar plank salmon. The service and the food we received from Zesty Gourmet was top notch and would highly recommend them.

Sent on 08/03/2014
  • Carly

Carly · Married on 04/28/2013

We found Zesty Gourmet through an ad on craigslist, and I was immediately blown away by Leann (owner) who took the time to speak with me on the phone about how their services would work with my small budget. It was like talking to a good friend who just happened to have years and years of food experience. Then I got a chance to work with Solitaire, who manages the logistical side of the business. Solitaire was the most responsive, professional, and thoughtful person I worked with through the entire wedding planning process. She offered great input, dealt with all of my crazy e-mails, and was honest with me about every detail.

When considering other catering companies, we never saw the openness that we saw with Zesty Gourmet. We even had a company that tacked on an extra $1000 in the contract for no identifiable reason. With Zesty Gourmet, we were invited into Leann and John's home for a tasting and were always treated with love and respect.

When it came down to the wedding day, they gave us exactly what we hoped for and more. Not only did we get the amazing menu we planned on for a cocktail reception, but they actually surprised us by adding the "Lolichops" (lamb chops) because they knew how much we had loved them during the tasting. The result was a wonderful cocktail party with more than enough food and great bar tending service for basically half the cost of what we found anywhere else. After the wedding, Solitaire even reached out to me about some items they had found at the end of the night to make sure they got returned.

Our wedding day was really special, and Zesty Gourmet helped us throw a fun and unforgettable party. We would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a catering company for an event, Zesty Gourmet truly goes above and beyond.

(P.S. - We are eating cupcakes as we write this. Ask about getting cake through Arielle Homan, she provided a delicious set up for the cake/cupcakes!)

Sent on 04/29/2013

Carlene · event on 05/27/2012

Love the food. Absolutely the best. Made with great quality and lots of love and passion for cooking!

• User2662719 · event on 03/18/2012

Awesome vendor and food tasted amazing!

Lauren · event on 08/23/2012

3.5

For Claudia's Bridal shower the food was fantastic, the amount was just right (only a few left overs and all of the guests loved the food.

• Leigh

Leigh Walsh · Married on 10/20/2018

2.2
      3.0

Dissapointed

I was excited to work with Zesty because I had read great things about them and after meeting Leanne and the chef in person at our tasting, was pleased with their politeness, willing to cooperate and their food. However, things went downhill from there. When we adjusted our guest count 4 weeks before the wedding, they said we had to pay a $500 change fee even though the contract stated we were allowed to change our count 4 weeks before the wedding date. After that was resolved (after much painful back and forth communication), there were many issues dealing with the rental company they suggested (Ashburn Rentals). They did not communicate with each other about rental numbers and changes like they said they would, and this miscommunication lasted all the way up to the morning of the wedding when there weren't enough champagne flutes present. To top it off, the service and food quality was horrible. It took an extremely long time for everyone to get food, there was no order to how they were serving, and our food was COLD. As the bride and groom, we were first to be served and even ours was cold. My mom even asked one of the servers why it was taking so long to get food and he replied "i don't know it's chaos back in the kitchen." Not comforting. Also, they ran out of food!!! Some people did not get a side dish at all, and the last table informed me that they only got bite sized portions of their meals. This is completely unacceptable. The servers were also clearing drinks off tables before guests even got to finish them, forcing them to go get new glasses of wine wasting alcohol and glasses. Overall, extremely unhappy with the entire situation. It caused a great deal of stress for us throughout the wedding process and I feel terrible for my guests after finding out they had bad food experiences.

Sent on 01/17/2019