Yuri Kriventsoff Reviews

Yuri Kriventsoff 5
Yuri Kriventsoff 6
Yuri Kriventsoff 7

Clare · Married on 09/22/2018

Yuri delivered a spectacular engagement photoshoot experience from start to finish. He was flexible about scheduling around my finace's changing work schedule and a thunderstorm that ruined our initial scheduled date, and he brought along an assistant who was also charming and a big help. It was -7 degrees on the morning of our shoot, but every picture Yuri took of us looked radiant and beautiful and not at all like we were freezing to death. He took some killer artistic shots (like, he made our ugly apartment front door look stylish!), and I was so impressed with how unposed and natural all of our photos look - he really captured the beauty of our relationship without any of that cheesy "prom pose" vibe. Get ready to kiss your fiance a lot! :)

I highly highly recommend working with Yuri if you get the opportunity, you will NOT be disappointed.

Yuri Kriventsoff 8
    Yuri Kriventsoff 9
    Yuri Kriventsoff 10
    Yuri Kriventsoff 11
    Yuri Kriventsoff 12
    Yuri Kriventsoff 13

T · Married on 07/21/2018

Yuri is the best! Working with him was such a pleasure; he was very responsive and professional and best of all, our engagement and wedding photos were ABSOLUTELY STUNNING. We were so lucky to come across him! I will absolutely use him again for any of our other picture needs (baby photos one day!). His prices are also very reasonable (I would say below average in Boston area) so that’s another great thing about him. Overall, I absolutely recommend him to all future brides! He is the best!

Yuri Kriventsoff 14

Molly · Married on 06/03/2018

Yuri was great! He photographed our engagement pictures and wedding photos. The photos were very unique and accurately captured the spirit of our day. I had some ideas of specific portraits from Pinterest and he had them ready to go to make sure he got some! We even had the blessing of a surprise second shooter! Overall, we were very pleased with all of our photos, and that Yuri was able to tailor a package to our needs.

marielle · Married on 12/01/2017

We absolutely LOVED working with Yuri! We wanted our wedding pictures to look spontaneous and real, but we also wanted an artistic look and we were having an incredibly hard time finding a photographer that would meet all these qualities. Luckily, a week before our weeding we found Yuri, and we couldn't be happier with our pictures! He has such an artistic eye and was able to take beautiful pictures in pretty much any surrounding (our wedding was in City Hall so the place wasn't necessarily naturally beautiful and decorated for a wedding). His pictures captured so much emotion and were very artistic. We definitely recommend him!!

Jeffrey · Married on 09/23/2017

We were recommended to Yuri by our wedding venue and it wasn’t much of a decision once we took a look at his work and met with him. He kindly met with us in person to get to know us better and so we could get a sense of his style before committing to the event. He is very professional, thoughtful, and creative; 3 things that define a great photographer in our opinion. On the wedding day, we were a bit behind schedule (which I think is common), but Yuri kept us at ease and made sure everything was taken care of. The photos we ended up with are all better than we could have ever expected and we would recommend Yuri to absolutely anyone looking for a photographer. He is passionate about what he does and it clearly shows in his work. Thank you Yuri for capturing everything so beautifully for us!

Aric · Married on 09/16/2017

Yuri was amazing! He was through but also unobtrusive. He got angles I wouldn't have even thought of. We loved all of our pictures and are so happy we chose Yuri as our photographer!

Lisa · Married on 08/11/2017

Yuri did a spectacular job when taking our engagement photos and wedding photos. He was easily reachable by text and email, and got back to us instantly when we had questions.

While Yuri is a Boston based photographer, he was willing to drive to Newport to take our engagement photos at no additional charge. He was timely and truly captured natural moments between my husband and I. His artistic abilities were noticeable when we got our engagement photos only a week later!

During our wedding Yuri came extra early to get familiar with the venue and began to brainstorm ideas of unique photo opportunities. When we got to the venue he instantly started working in the background catching candid moments like a true professional. He was able to capture family and bridal party photos effectively so they could enjoy a great deal of cocktail hour. When Yuri took our personal photos he was open to pose suggestions and came up with a poses that we would never have thought of. He made the process fun as he is an enjoyable person to be around.

At the last minute we decided to add on the photobooth and Yuri was able to accommodate our request. Our guests raved about how much fun it was!!

If you want someone who can capture beautiful candid moments and is passionate about what he does, Yuri is definitely your photographer!

Autumn · Married on 06/24/2017

An outstanding professional and photographer. Yuri is so incredibly talented, he is an on-the-spot visionary. He captured every moment and emotion of our day and we can't stop looking at our photos. He was incredibly responsive, organized, timely as it related to our day. At the end of our night all of our friends and family kept saying how captivated they were by 1) how hard he was working 2) how skilled he is. For a one-man-band he was everywhere always. I would hire Yuri without question again. I would highly recommend him if you want reliable service and someone personable.

• Eunice

Eunice · Married on 06/04/2017

From the beginning, I was enamored by Yuri's photos: that beautiful, natural mix of artistic and photojournalistic styles really spoke to me. After an initial meeting at a coffee shop in Arlington, I had no qualms about choosing this gentle giant. He used to have a studio back in his home country, is starting to build a presence here, and I couldn't be more thrilled that both of us are on this journey together. Yuri is incredibly talented at what he does, and has this air about him that can calm even the most Type A of brides-to- be (ahem, yours truly). Yuri will never force you to be anything you're not, and that kind of authenticity is priceless. He won't give a lot of directions or instructions but his genius shines through, no worries.

Though we had moved to Baltimore after we signed our contract in Boston, he was able and willing to work with us on a mutually convenient weekend that lined up with the National Cherry Blossom Festival in D.C.. Yet he was somehow able to make them all look as if we were the only ones there, aside from the beautiful blossoms. Many of the shots he was able to capture could never in a million years have been planned/posed -- and those are my favorites. My fiance and I had a good time with him on our engagement photo shoot, and everyone who saw the final product(s) could not stop raving about how beautiful and fun the pictures looked!

During the actual wedding day, I appreciated his ability to fade into the background and act as sort of a ninja, because that allowed me to focus on enjoying the day while he captured ALL of the little and big moments for us. if you're looking for a chatty entertainer, he's not that. Yuri is an artist with an incredible eye, and he's extremely efficient! I also acknowledge that that strong and silent type sans posing instructions isn't for everyone... but his pictures definitely are. I cannot speak highly enough of Yuri and his work. He was my most important wedding priority, and for good reason!

Pavitra · Married on 12/09/2016

Yuri is a wonderful candid photographer. If you like your special moments to be captured in the most natural way, he is the guy for you. We had a south Indian wedding starting at 6 AM in a temple and he was there that early waiting for us. He was accommodating to all our requests including photographing our wedding at 6 AM and captured our evening party very nicely as well. He is very professional, took wonderful engagement pics, delivered the pictures on time and we would totally recommend him for your special day!

Yuri is everything & more that you would want from a videographer. He's passionate, talented,& dependable. He made us feel like our wedding was as important to him as it was to us. He gave us so much of his time & effort. My friends & family loved having him around as did I. I never felt like a camera was in my face. His highlight reel of our wedding was beyond anything we could've imagined. It is absolutely BEAUTIFUL. He's the type of videographer that you don't micromanage because he will capture all the moments, even the moments that you don't realize you want captured. He'll be there for you & after its all said & done; you'll have the most precious keepsake. We were so lucky to have him!!!!

• Nicole

Nicole · Married on 09/11/2016

My husband and I could not be happier with our decision to hire Yuri as our wedding photographer! After viewing his website, we booked Yuri based on affordability, his breathtaking ability to use natural light and take fun-loving photos, as well as his willingness to travel anywhere in New England without a travel free!
    Yuri was SO prompt with all correspondence, and was the epitome of professional from the time of booking until the moment he left our reception.
    Yuri had a soft spoken, calming presence about him, and for a one man crew, he sure knew how to be in a million places at once without ever breaking a sweat! Some of the angles he managed to capture are truly unbelievable! Never once did he feel intrusive or overbearing with pose suggestions- in fact, he seemed to prefer natural and candid shots so he offered very little pose suggestions (which we loved!)
    Our pictures arrived two months to the day from our wedding, which I understand is a pretty typical waiting period for most wedding photographers to finish photos. There were about 150 prints placed in a beautiful wooden box along with a flash drive that contained all of our photos and the rights to print for our own personal use. We were blown away when we saw all the photos! They are absolutely stunning! Thanks to Yuri, we now have our most special memories captured for all of time and we will treasure them always.

Lauren · Married on 09/03/2016

Not only did Yuri go ABOVE and BEYOND what we asked of him and our overall expectations, he also produced the most stunningly beautiful wedding photographs I have ever seen--and I've been in a lot of weddings and looked into dozens of wedding photographers before deciding on Yuri, whose background is in photojournalism. Prior to the wedding, I gave Yuri a "shot list" of all the things I hoped he would photograph; he delivered all of those shots, but it was the moments that were not on the shot list that took my breath away when I saw them. Yuri and his assistant were creative, unobtrusive, arrived *hours* early and stayed later than expected to make sure they could capture and tell the story of the wedding day. While some photographers might have found the lighting at our early evening outdoor wedding difficult to work with, Yuri used it to enhance the natural surroundings and highlight each photograph. When I wanted to get artsy and do some creative shots with my veil, he took the idea and ran with it. We didn't need any props with Yuri--he used our surroundings and the magic of the moment to create natural, yet beautiful and dramatic, backdrops for our love story. He also delivered the 1,000 + perfectly edited photos in under two months in a lovely wooden box that is a keepsake in and of itself. If you want a true artist to capture the most special day of your life, for incomparable value and service that goes above and beyond all expectations, reach out to Yuri. Aside from picking my husband, this was the best wedding-related decision I made!

Jessica · Married on 08/13/2016

Do you like natural lighting? If so, it doesn't get better than Yuri! He was a very good communicator, laid back, and on-time. Seriously professional!

Kimberly · Married on 07/16/2016

I think deciding on a wedding photographer was one of the most important aspects of planning our wedding. When I saw Yuri's work - I just knew he was "the one". We had a very small, intimate ceremony and Yuri was extremely flexible with us to ensure we had exactly what we wanted in terms of timing and picture locations (we used a couple). He was VERY professional and unobstrusive that day - something very difficult to do with so few people! When we got our pictures back - we where absolutely thrilled - they are breathtaking! Several people I have shared them with have commented that they look like they should be in a magazine - and we couldn't agree more! We highly recommend anyone looking for a talented, professional and very reasonably priced photographer to choose Yuri - we are so happy we did!

Andrea · Married on 06/11/2016

We first contacted Yuri because we absolutely loved the photos on his website. We were pleasantly surprised how reasonably priced he was. Truly amazing photographer and just a great person. Really, really happy with him and we would highly recommend him!!

J · Married on 05/28/2016

We were very happy with the whole package and thought that is was a relative good deal. Yuri and Eugene gave us hundreds upon hundreds of photos capturing some of the best moments of our ceremony and reception, but my husband and I never noticed them running around capturing photos, they were completely unobtrusive and gave us exactly the kind of non-posed photos we hoped for. The photos were beautiful and the turnaround time was quick. Thank you, Yuri and Eugene, for doing such a wonderful job!

Kathryn · Married on 09/19/2015

Choosing Yuri as our photographer was one of the best decisions I made for our wedding. His photos are gorgeous and very high resolution. He has a great eye for portraits and his portfolio is true to his work. Amazing experience!

Leslie · Married on 07/04/2015

Yuri was friendly, prompt and professional. His photo's of my wedding were beautiful and exactly what I wanted. He really listened to what I wanted, and went above and beyond to make that happen. I am insanely happy with the entire experience of Yuri being my wedding photographer.

• Elizaveta

Elizaveta · Married on 04/19/2015

Yuri has a great talent in the arts of photography and videography!

I can't tell how happy we were while working with him. Yuri is a master of his work and understands his client's needs from the first sight. The pictures and video are live and vivid, and express the full scale of emotions, scenery, or actions. You don't need to pose or think of a special place where to take the best pictures. Yuri will ask you to live and enjoy your precious moments during the wedding, and he will do the rest. Moreover, he moves so fast and quite and gets the best views and angles.

The clip Yuri made for us is outstanding! He managed to include very sensitive and touchy moments during the whole day, the moments, which we were not able to see or fully feel because of the stress and time pressure.

We would highly recommend Yuri as wedding photographer and videographer. His deep personality, positive attitude, and good sense of humor makes the working process enjoyable and fun.

Liza and Alex

Katie · Married on 09/13/2014

Yuri was WONDERFUL. He was extremely responsive and accommodating, which was the issue I was most concerned about with my husband and I living in Maine and Yuri being out of Massachusetts. There was no cause for concern at all! He was extremely professional AND really nice, and we had a wonderful time getting to know him a little bit. His product is OUTSTANDING. He is an extremely good value, and you will absolutely not find a photographer who can capture your day as well within $1000 of his price.

The · Married on 05/10/2014

A picture is worth a thousand words. And as they always say "the wedding day flys by so quick", and so you want to have a good photographer to capture it all & let the guests have a good time... Yuri is THE MAN!! He was such a delight to work with. Yuri provides excellent customer service, he's very quick to respond and efficient, very reasonable in price, and has a pleasant and fun overall attitude. He's got such a creative eye, he listens -which is important, is attentive and accomodating to our likes and dislikes. We felt very comfortable working with him, he eased us into our engagement photo session which would normally be uncomfortable if you've never posed with your unphotogenic bf before. Yuri's skillful style of photography is jounalistic and candid which I adore. What an unbelievable artistic talent he's got! He's able to capture the light, the important focul points while still capturing amazing creative moments, and memories that will last a lifetime. Our final presentation booklet was above and beyond wonderful. You wont be disappointed.

Caitlin · Married on 09/28/2013

Yuri is a fantastic photographer who builds a solid, trusting relationship with all of his customers. From the engagement shoot to the big day, we never doubted that our pictures would be anything but beautiful. Yuri is truly dedicated to quality and does everything to make the photography process enjoyable and stress-free. Ensuring that every special moment was captured, Yuri's work ethic and professionalism was not only noted by our wedding party-the guests at our wedding even commented on his hustle and hard work! If you are looking for amazing service and gorgeous photos, make Yuri your wedding photographer.

Alexandra · Married on 10/07/2016

I'm so glad that we picked Yuri as our wedding photographer! The engagement and wedding photos are outstanding and Yuri was a pleasure to work with -- he was very accommodating amidst venue changes and traveling between locations. He has a great eye for the best shots, and we hardly even knew he was there; everything was so seamless and easy! Thank you, Yuri!

Yuri is a professional photographer who delivered great photos for a great price for our engagement and wedding. The photos had unique compositions, interesting angles and great colors. Everything was delivered on time accompanied in a nice delivery package.