Your Event - Paula Smith Designs Inc. Reviews

28 | Millerton, NY

28 Reviews for Your Event - Paula Smith Designs Inc.

• Luke

Luke Furtney · Getting married on 05/08/2022

Great working with Paula!

Absolute pleasure working with Paula this year (2020). I am a photographer and she paved the way for our team to be successful. The wedding changed dynamics many times (covid) and Paula adapted, planned and kept our team abreast with updates and ever changing timelines. There is no doubt she significantly contributed in not only making us elevate our services but in making the wedding a huge success! Highly recommended :-)
    Luke Wayne of Luke Wayne Photography

Sent on 09/28/2020

Your Event - Paula Smith Designs Inc.'s reply:

Thank you so much for these kudos, Luke! I feel a deep commitment to our vendor teams just as I do our couples. It's always so important to support every artisan working alongside us. Our collaborative goal is always for a very successful day and a very happy couple. This year was especially critical in standing united and strong. I'm thrilled that we made it to the finish line and can do it all again next year for Part 2!
  • Adrienne

Adrienne Lufkin · Getting married on 05/08/2022

Paula is a STAR!

Paula and her team crafted and orchestrated the most intimate and personalized wedding day for our dear friends. Our home and property was the backdrop for the magical day in late August. Amid Covid and all the stressors that came along with planning and executing every last detail, Paula and her team were total STARS!! A couple would be very fortunate indeed to have the opportunity to work with Paula.

Sent on 10/16/2020

Your Event - Paula Smith Designs Inc.'s reply:

Adrienne, thank you for this wonderful review! It was such an honor to work at your lovely home and property on behalf of Allegra and Aaron. Directing and creating weddings on private properties like yours is truly a luxury! We took much care in maintaining low impact with our vendor teams in the comings and goings and are so glad that you appreciated our efforts.

Chris Wilsey · Getting married on 10/30/2021

Paula is awesome

Easily the most professional service person I have ever worked with. She is always on her game and conversations with her are something I look forward to. Paula takes the stress out of planning your event and you just know it will be exactly what you had dreamed of!

Sent on 10/30/2020

Your Event - Paula Smith Designs Inc.'s reply:

Dear Chris - You bring a smile to my face! Thank you so much for this incredible shout out AND your 5 stars. We are thrilled that our dedication is recognized and that you and Kate have such comfort and trust in us. Our conversations are truly a highlight!
    With gratitude!
    Paula

Diane Duffus · Getting married on 08/10/2021

Diane Dddddd

Paula's creativity, vision, planning, and execution of her work allow you to rest assured that all of your event details will be thoroughly attended to without worry, allowing you to focus instead on the more pleasurable and memorable aspects of your special day or event. You can and should have complete confidence in her abilities to provide for all of your event needs.

Sent on 08/09/2020

Your Event - Paula Smith Designs Inc.'s reply:

Thank you so much Diane for sharing your confidence in us!!!
    We are so grateful to have your positive thoughts included on Wedding Wire!
  • Tara

Tara Kelly · Getting married on 04/09/2021

Like Glenda, the Good Witch, in the Wizard of Oz!

Five stars in every category doesn't even begin to describe how good Paula Smith is. Before hiring Paula as our event planner I had worked with her in her capacity as a graphic designer and her artistry, attention to detail, timeliness, and desire to deliver the very best she could, gave me the confidence that everything Paula touched would turn to gold. And it did. The stakes were very high on this job as it was a very complex event and I was going to be away the week prior through the actual event; she was in effect stepping into my shoes. Paula got up to speed very quickly and upped the game at the same time, bringing a level of expertise and tapping into resources that enhanced our event beyond what we had envisioned. It is seldom that one can give an unqualified rave review but Paula earned that and more! And, perhaps the most important part, Paula's calm, kind and generous spirit infused every conversation and interaction.

Sent on 10/30/2019

Your Event - Paula Smith Designs Inc.'s reply:

Forever grateful to you Tara for having the confidence to bring me into this challenging fold and letting me run with it. Not always the case to have such creative license, inspiration from a client's art collection and the most gorgeous private venue setting one could imagine. This assignment was completely inspiring and exhilarating!
    And working with you on the front end, a dream! I truly appreciate and am very thankful for these kind words. (And for the record, I DO own a wand and keep it handy at all times!)

Monica Gerard-Sharp · Getting married on 04/09/2021

Party Planner Supreme

Paula, I owe you so many thanks. You did such an extraordinary job and were the most delightful wing woman throughout. My guests were completely wowed and raved that it was the best party they'd been to in ages. You tapped in to my vision and with your creative talents realized everything I was imagining and brought it all to life! Your lighting designer was totally superb.
    Thank you, Paula, for everything you did to make this happen so beautifully.

Sent on 12/16/2019

Your Event - Paula Smith Designs Inc.'s reply:

Having hosted endless, elaborate events and parties yourself, I am immensely grateful and honored to receive this accolade. Not often do we have the opportunity to unleash creativity to this level and in the such a gorgeous private setting. So I thank you for trusting me as your wing woman throughout our flight through Asia. Where to next?
  • Bea

Bea Rue · Married on 09/09/2020

Don't get married without Paula!

Working with Paula for a wedding she designed and produced was an absolute delight. Not only was she extremely organized and communicative (so important for us vendors!), but she always had a kind word and a big smile, even during the stressful day-of event setup. We’ve worked with many event planners, and Paula is by far the kindest, most creative, and obliging of the bunch. The wedding we witnessed firsthand was absolutely stunning, and the couple couldn’t have been happier. If you have the chance to work with her, please do!! It will be a gift to yourself and everyone involved!

Sent on 10/23/2019

Your Event - Paula Smith Designs Inc.'s reply:

How wonderful to be acknowledge by part of the team! Thank you both for these lovely accolades and most importantly for all you did to contribute to a successful & F U N wedding day for R+A.

Thomas James · Married on 09/09/2020

Absolutely Superb

We found Paula Smith to be more than a superb planner and organizer. She actively contributed her good will and all her efforts toward creating a loving and festive event, which the wedding certainly was. We are deeply grateful for the role she played and the effectiveness she inspired in everyone who worked on the wedding and its details.

Sent on 08/01/2020

Dear Tom & Regina,
    So honored to have worked with such lovely parents as well as your son and daughter-in-law. Thank you so much for your kind words and welcoming us onto your property with such hospitality.
    Our best,
    Paula and Mickaela
    Your Event
  • Allegra

Allegra Siravo · Married on 08/29/2020

The Fairy Godmother We Didn't Know We Needed

From start to finish Paula and her team anticipated our needs, provided a calm and organized influence over our event and vendor team, and were attentive to every detail that made our wedding day and planning process so special. During a wedding season that could've ended in disaster, Paula was proactive in communicating with all vendors and reworking the plan as many times as we needed in order to feel safe, taken care of, and maintaining the integrity of our vision. We cannot say enough wonderful things about Paul and her team--from their attention to detail, to their kindness with everyone in our family the day of--we got so much more than we bargained for!

Sent on 09/07/2020

Your Event - Paula Smith Designs Inc.'s reply:

Working with the both of you through these last months was an absolute honor. You leaned in, made tough decisions and trusted me through the turmoil and in navigating through the uncharted. We did it, together!!! To get you both to the aisle and to your well deserved celebration with a pause in the rain and a welcome of sunshine, I'd say was our grande finale. In that moment, I knew that we had finally gotten on the other side. No one deserved that beam of light more than than the two of you. Cheers to you both and doing it all again in 2021!
  • Rory

Rory Connolly · Married on 05/08/2020

Summer Wedding in the Berkshires

Paula is an exceptional event planner with an artistic eye and easy going manner. She took great care to understand our unique vision, and she carried that vision through from the big picture items down to the smallest of artistic details. She is super organized and an excellent communicator. She manages vendors with ease. She made our wedding day easy breezy and stress free. It was a beautiful, magical event, and we would 110% recommend her!

Sent on 11/18/2019

Your Event - Paula Smith Designs Inc.'s reply:

Thank you Rory & Meghan for this gracious review. Working with you and for you in transforming a working dairy farm into your magical wedding day was truly an honor and a feat that rewarded on so many levels. Nature surely delivered - through sun, thunder, wind, storms and finally a star-filled night, we weathered it joyfully and fully. What an exceptionally beautiful Berkshire couple and wedding!!!

M T · Married on 03/10/2020

Paula helped us plan a wonderful event under difficult circumstances.

When we began planning our event, we had no idea that we would be faced with challenges related to COVID. We are thrilled we had Paula by our side to help us plan a wonderful event.
    Paula has tremendous attention to detail and an impeccable eye. But, most importantly, she is gracious and lovely to work with.

Sent on 10/14/2020

Your Event - Paula Smith Designs Inc.'s reply:

Thank you so much for trusting us through this year and for the opportunity to create a beautiful and safe event for you and your guests. We were so honored and grateful to see it to a successful end!

Elizabeth S. · Married on 03/04/2020

Paula elevated a small event into something very beautiful and memorable.

I have known Paula for a long time as a talented designer and artist. And as I began to plan a special birthday luncheon for my husband, I asked for her creative help. Paula designed and printed unique invitations and menus. She then had the creative vision to turn party favors into place cards. At the end she coordinated perfect flower arrangements. And I had the luxury of not worrying about a thing, just enjoying the day!

Sent on 04/15/2019
  • Juliet

Juliet Lofaro · Married on 09/28/2019

I thought I knew what I was doing, but this was an experience like no other!

I have thrown a lot of parties in the past. When it was time for me to announce my new studio and have an opening to show the space and my current work like an art gallery, I called on Paula. Our first conversation blew my mind. She had a concept that covered time of year, time of day, how I would publicize it. At the studio for our second conversation, we had the timeline and decor vision set to go. For my photography, I was busy making prints and editing what to show for the opening. She even helped with how to display them and what groups went where in the studio that would double as a gallery that day. Her taste is sophisticated and contemporary. Up until the event, she was like the secret co-host who I could contact about jitters, how to word something, or discuss glassware. It was really fun to work with Paula and I'd recommend her for any event you're dreaming up.

Sent on 11/12/2019

Your Event - Paula Smith Designs Inc.'s reply:

Working with you on your opening party and staging your photography was so wonderfully satisfying, Art + Celebration...two of my favorite things! Thank you so much for the opportunity to feature YOU that day!

Thomas James · Married on 09/21/2019

Absolutely superb

Sent on 10/26/2019

Your Event - Paula Smith Designs Inc.'s reply:

It was truly my honor to work with you and your wonderful family so closely and absolutely heavenly to have the backdrop of your magnificent setting as our canvas. So grateful!

Corinne Tardio · Married on 09/03/2019

We love Paula!!!

We had the pleasure of working with Paula for our special day. We were incredibly stressed about planning our wedding, but as soon as we started working with Paula she immediately put our minds at ease. Paula's thoughtfulness and her coordination of every last detail helped us create the wedding that we had always dreamed of. Our wedding day was a truly special experience, and we are so thankful that Paula was a part of it.

Sent on 12/28/2019

Your Event - Paula Smith Designs Inc.'s reply:

You are so very kind!!! Working together was not only a wonderful experience but will be a lasting memory.
  • Jordan

Jordan Rochelson · Married on 06/08/2019

Thorough and Thoughtful

Paula has a remarkable ability to think about things that we never would have considered! Her thoroughness and communication was appreciated and helped the vision for our day come to life.

Sent on 08/13/2019

Lisa Thomas · Married on 04/03/2019

Lisa Thomas

I have worked with Paula on event planning for over 15 years and have nothing but positive things to say about her professionalism, creativity and organization. In my capacity as head of a not-profit organization, I worked with Paula on the development, design and execution of numerous fundraising events including two large gala events that involved cocktail receptions, dinner, live and silent auctions, and gift bags. Paula handled all aspects of these events with a can-do attitude and brought to them her creativity and aesthetic acumen. I have also asked Paula to design and execute events for me personally, and have used her design services for invitations, business cards, announcements and website design. Paula is a delight to work with, always positive, enthusiastic and giving of her time and talent.

Sent on 04/03/2019

Diane D. · Married on 03/15/2019

Collaborator on annual school fundraising event

Sent on 03/15/2019
  • Elmtree

Elmtree Weddings · Married on 01/07/2019

A master of her craft!

We have had the pleasure of working with Paula and her team on multiple events and projects. Most recently, we filmed a wedding that she planned for Meghan and Rory at Cricket Creek Farm in Massachusetts. To say that Paula is just a planner doesn't begin to capture how incredible her work is. Paula is completely devoted to her clients and puts thought, care and skill into every detail. On the day of Meghan and Rory's wedding, there were so many instances where she went above and beyond her duties. She and her team are meticulously organized and exceptional at handling logistics, co-ordination between vendors for even the most complex events. Drawing from years of experience in graphic design, Paula has a sharp eye for sourcing and crafting elegant and cohesive visuals that will leave your guests amazed. She is always present and attentive to everyone's needs and ready to go the extra mile. Paula is one of the most talented, organized, genuine, friendly and thoughtful people we know. If you are looking for someone to make your wedding day or event truly special, one that people will remember and talk about for years to come, we highly recommend Paula Smith and her team.

Sent on 12/13/2019

Your Event - Paula Smith Designs Inc.'s reply:

To be recognized and observed in this way for the things I assume go unnoticed by others yet are those small details to me that are as important as the bigger scope...Well, what can I say but thank you with all my heart! I truly believe when we love what we do and the people we do them for, there are no boundaries, just sheer drive to make it ALL the best it can be. Thank you both for taking notice!

Judith Laffey · Married on 10/05/2018

A major event made easy

Paula is a confident and experienced event planner, she explained her vision for our event, kept it within our budget and was flexible when necessary with great alternate options. Besides being a creative and talented planner, she is compassionate, patient and understanding. Keeps things calm always!

Sent on 03/18/2019

Hillary Henderson · Married on 09/02/2018

Everything is beautiful, elegant & unique

Paula is a truly talented event planner! I can't say enough good things about the work she does and the magic she creates! She embraces a vision or theme and makes it come to life in the most unique and memorable ways. She is a delight to work with, is truly enthusiastic about making your event the most special day ever. She is responsive, punctual, professional and candid (with a great sense of humor!). Any bride would be lucky to work with her!

Sent on 03/18/2019
  • O

Odaria Finemore · Married on 08/01/2018

Outstanding and Creative Planner Hudson Valley!

Paula is a professional, easy to work with, unflappable and fun planner who has an incredible creative vision!

She listened to what we wanted and creatively turned our event into a successful masterpiece that was beyond our expectations. She is detailed orientated, efficient and highly organized and ensures your event is stress and hassle free. No detail is forgotten, everywhere your eye rests Paula’s creative magic has touched and she strives to ensure that your event (as well as the planning) runs smoothly and is a fun, happy, enjoyable, memorable experience where your voice shines. Every detail of your day will be thought through and executed at the highest creative and functional level. She absolutely goes above and beyond!

Paula is by far the very best planner I have dealt with! Paula will bring a concept to your creative vision, keeps you on track, on budget, she manages and foresees all the stresses, plus she has a team of dedicated, unique and creative suppliers who are all working together to ensure that your event will be a success. Paula will create a unique and incredibly beautiful event that your friends and family will be talking about in years to come! Paula has worked with me on a number of different events over the years and I can tell you that people are still talking about them years later!

When I’m organizing an event I call Paula first to help articulate my creative vision. I know with her on board my event is in good hands. She is my go to planner and she should be yours also!

Sent on 03/14/2019

Amelia S. · Married on 06/01/2018

Unparalleled creativity and meticulous attention to detail

Over the years, Paula has created numerous events for me including whimsically themed birthday parties and gorgeous graduation celebrations. Paula's expertise in the business is unparalleled, as she brings 30 years of professional graphic design experience to her repertoire as a planner and coordinator. Paula's passion and spirit are infectious, which is sure to make every bride and groom feel comfortable and genuinely cared for. Paula's attention to detail and eye for aesthetic, in both extravagance and simplicity, offers couples an experience they will never forget. With her bubbly personality, a wide range of skills, and the ability to think innovatively, Paula sets herself apart from other planners. I would ABSOLUTELY recommend Paula to any couple looking to have a seamless, unique, and tailored experience.

Sent on 03/15/2019

Maud Andrew · Married on 05/27/2018

Talented, professional and genuine - Paula made it a most wonderful wedding

Having Paula Smith coordinate my daughter’s wedding made all the difference. Not only did she make sure 150 guests had a wonderful time, she was committed to making sure that the bride and groom and their families were able to enjoy every moment of the very special occasion. Her professionalism, thoughtfulness and attention to detail were unflagging. From our first phone call to her follow-up post wedding email, she was gracious, reassuring and genuine.

Paula is truly responsible and very organized. She coordinated all aspects of the ceremony and reception, and when the day arrived she was discretely attentive and pleasantly decisive. Despite a day filled with showers, she worked with all involved to keep the ceremony outside, set against green mountains, freshly tilled fields and dramatic clouds. She toweled off seats, communicated with guests and musicians, and kept the schedule moving; amazingly the ceremony wrapped up just before the rain with everyone exclaiming it was a gorgeous setting.

Above all, working with Paula is fun. She is very creative and has an eye for aesthetics. She has good working relations with all her vendors and is a truly generous and helpful person. Her advice was knowledgeable and her suggestions were smart, but she was never insistent. She is committed to realizing your vision for a perfect wedding. Thank you, Paula!

Sent on 03/24/2019