Young Love and The Thrills Reviews

Young Love and The Thrills 7
  • Jeffrey

Jeffrey Walsh · Getting married on 11/05/2019

Band that crushes it!

YLATT did our wedding this past weekend and they knocked it out of the park. We have seen them before and we knew that they were going to be awesome and boy did they not disappoint. They played all of the songs that we requested which was great, but the way that they engage with the guests really got things going and made it an incredible night. If you want to hire a band to do your wedding/event, you should hire YLATT. It will be the best decision that you make!

Sent on 05/17/2019

Lindsay · Married on 09/28/2019

Book this band!

YLATT will NOT disappoint! Book this band ASAP if you envision a packed dance floor, amazing tunes, and top quality service for a reasonable price point! Andy and the band were so great to work with throughout the planning process. After viewing their performances on YouTube and reading reviews, we knew they were the band for us, we even booked our date based on their availability! We saw them perform live twice before our big day at public shows, even during those times they had the crowd going. Our best friends who are getting married next July came with us to a show, and booked them promptly after. YLATT is not your traditional wedding band, which is what we loved about them. They play a mash up of latest hits, and classic tunes. Our dance floor was packed with our guests belting out tunes and dancing along the entire night! They were great about learning our first dance song, and playing custom music during the ceremony. They even put together an impromptu mash up during our firework show towards the end of the night, coordinating the fireworks with an amazing soundtrack! I could not recommend this band any higher, they will not disappoint, book them now!

Sent on 10/08/2019

Ciruelaga · Married on 07/06/2019

This band.

Hire Young Love & The Thrills immediately!!! Our wedding would not have been the same without them! They have everyone dancing the entire night - even people who are not the dancing type were tearing up the dance floor. From the time they took the stage during dinner, people couldn't help but start dancing. They are such phenomenally talented musicians with such amazing range and variation in their repertoire. People are still raving to me about how amazing Young Love & the Thrills were at our wedding and how much fun they had because of them. Honestly, hands down one of the best decisions we made was to hire them as our band. Thank you YLATT for making our wedding unforgettable and so much fun!!

Sent on 07/25/2019
  • Marissa

Marissa Tuccelli · Married on 06/15/2019

If you want the best wedding, hire YLATT.

YLATT made our day everything we could have wanted and more. TALENT - They can play anything - literally anything- which was so important to me and my husband. I like oldies, rock, pop, jazz, r&b and they played our requested song list perfectly. YLATT interacted with us and our guests all night. People were going crazy, like it was a concert. AMAZING to work with - Andy is the best. I had a song list to see what they could play prior to booking and he highlighted all the ones that were in their repertoire (which was a ton). He was professional, funny and never made me feel like a crazy bride for asking too many questions. GREAT TIME - Our wedding was two months ago and to this day, all my guests said that the band was the highlight (and me, of course). So many people texted me the next day to ask who the band was and that made me so happy. YLATT was never cheesy, always professional, and they handle wedding planning with ease. We went to see YLATT perform throughout our engagement (in Somerville and Southie) and each time they were amazing. Andy always said hi and spoke to us during and after sets. Bands are an investment and this one is so worth it. I can't stress that enough. YLATT, thank you for giving us the best day ever.

Sent on 08/14/2019

Craig Cincotta · Married on 06/14/2019

This band is a wedding necessity.

There is no wedding party like a wedding party featuring Young Love and the Thrills. I proposed to my wife on a Friday and was emailing this band 24 hours later because I wanted to secure them for our wedding, which didn’t even have a date yet. Before all this, I had a preconceived notion that a wedding band was a group of old people playing songs like We Are Family to a lackluster crowd, but then I saw and heard YLATT play for the first time. They’re not just a wedding band, they’re an experience – a live show where the entertainers are close enough to walk out into the crowd and join the audience. Our goal when wedding planning was to have the most people on the dance floor for as long as possible. Now that the day has passed, we’re confident we achieved that goal. Our wedding would not have been half as fun without this band. Booking Young Love and the Thrills is a necessity.

Sent on 07/10/2019
  • Viva

Viva LaFleur · Married on 05/25/2019

Incredible, funky, spellbinding showmen!

Young Love and The Thrills are absolutely incredible! We opted for the acoustic set during our ceremony, the jazz trio during cocktail hour, and the full band for the reception. Every bit of their performance was amazing. Not only are they all talented musicians, but they put on a spectacular show. The dinner selection set the perfect mood, and once the dancing started the dance floor wasn't empty for a single moment. Their transitions between songs were flawless and it was almost spellbinding the way they kept people on the dance floor. If I could get married and hire them again - I would do it in a heartbeat. *Every* single person at the wedding commented on how great the band was. Thank you for helping make our wedding the best day of our lives!

Sent on 06/18/2019
  • Lindsay

Lindsay · Married on 04/13/2019

Highlight of our wedding

When you’re looking online for band reviews, you rarely will find a band with a bad review and rather it’s more trying to find a band to match your personal style and vision. I can assure you, no matter the style and vision you have in mind for your special day (or any event), working with Andy, YLATT can pull it off.
    We did our due diligence and went to see around 5 or 6 live bands including YLATT at CAPO in Southie where they pulled off getting the young crowd out on the dance floor, the entire time they where playing. What we saw was just one of their many different configurations, so we worked with Andy to find the best fit for our style and vision. After seeing them at CAPO, we wondered if they were the right band for our black tie optional wedding with a mix of both 30-somethings and 50’s + – but they DEFINITELY were. They were polished, gorgeous, and just cool. Andy is an absolute pleasure to work with and will be your POC from the initial contact to the wedding day, and EVERYTHING in between. As Andy is a member of the band, you aren’t passed off from the sales rep to the coordinator without ever having contact with the band and he will work with you to make the pricing work for both you and the band, set the style and accommodate with the band formulation to suit your needs. This is truly a one stop shop for all your event needs. YLATT provided our ceremony (guitarist), cocktail hour (two guitarists), dinner set (full 10-piece band) and an extremely versatile dancing set (full band). From the first dance to the final song with rock classics, to hip hop (classics and new age), to pop and EVERYTHING in between, they kept our guests on the dance floor all night and were beyond amazing. The #1 compliment we receive from our guests is how amazing the band was. I can’t express enough that working with one person from the beginning to end is the ONLY way to go and that Andy and YLATT is the very best band you could have for your special event.

Sent on 08/11/2019

Amanda · Married on 01/05/2019

Amazing!

From the beginning- amazing. Open communication, they delivered more than what they promised. Young love and the thrills made our wedding! They killed it! The energy was fire- perfomance- beyond expectations!

Sent on 01/14/2019
  • Tracy

Tracy · Married on 12/08/2018

They brought the house down!

From the moment we found them online, we knew YLTT was the perfect band for our wedding. Our guests still tell us how great they were! From the very beginning they were incredibly easy to work with, including navigating seamlessly around a tight setup time. On the band's recommendation, we added horn players and were not disappointed! They played a lot of our favorite songs and guests were on the floor until the very last second of music. We had the best time dancing the night away with Young Love and the Thrills - thanks for helping make our night so memorable!!

Sent on 05/19/2019

Nicole · Married on 10/20/2018

Made the party!

Everyone at our wedding was blown away by YLATT! From the moment we got in touch with them, they were friendly, so responsive, and answered all our crazy questions. Everyone (yes, even grandmothers!) were out on the dance floor. Extremely talented bunch! Someone asked if we could have an anniversary party, just so we could party with them all over again. Can't recommend enough!

Sent on 02/06/2019

Caitlyn · Married on 08/26/2018

Best wedding band in boston!

My husband and I scoured wedding band sites/videos when we first got engaged. Young Love & The Thrills stuck out instantly! We were even able to see them in person at a bar in Somerville which confirmed that we HAD to have them play our wedding.
    Andy was super responsive, helpful and supportive from the moment we reached out through our wedding day, which everyone knows is an invaluable trait of a vendor during the hectic planning process. I really can't put into words how fun, outgoing and talented YLTT is. They play the BEST songs, dance and interact with everyone. My entire family and all of our friends were blown away - all asking us for their information to book them. They ended our reception with SHOUT and it was the highlight of the night - the lead singer coming out to the dance floor and literally belting the song while jumping, dancing, lying on the ground.
    My husband and I are music junkies so the band selection was super important to us. We could not have imagined a better band or experience for our reception.

Young Love and The Thrills 8
    Young Love and The Thrills 9
    Young Love and The Thrills 10
  • Connie

Connie · Married on 08/23/2018

There Is No Better Wedding Band Out There Than YLATT

YLATT is the best band we could have had for our wedding. They completely blew us away. They were absolutely incredible. Our guests were in awe and received so many compliments on the band. Not only are they talented, they do an amazing job MC'ing. Their performance of our first dance song, Into the Mystic, was beautiful. The entire planning process and communication with the band was super smooth and trouble-free. We went to see a YLATT show in Boston before booking them to make sure they were great. We knew immediately into the first few songs that they were the one. We and our guests agree - BEST WEDDING BAND EVER HANDS DOWN! I highly recommend these guys - extremely talented, professional, and overall awesome people to work with! Thank you for killing it at our wedding!

Sent on 10/29/2018
    Young Love and The Thrills 11
    Young Love and The Thrills 12

Stephanie · Married on 08/18/2018

BOOK THIS BAND! My husband and I never heard Young Love and The Thrills until our wedding night. My sister recommended the band since she has heard them play a few years in a row at Deloitte holiday parties. We and our guests were blown away by how amazing they are. Some guests were shocked by some of the vocals they heard, they thought they were recordings initially! Andy was very easy to work with, very funny guy. They played everything we wanted to hear including the hip hop mix I requested. All of our guests were on the dance floor while the band played and we actually regret not booking them for longer! Thank you Young Love and The Thrills!

Sent on 09/04/2018

Hadley · Married on 07/29/2018

Can I give YLATT more than five stars please?

YLATT came highly recommended to me from multiple people that had heard them play at other weddings, and after having them play at our July 2018 wedding, I totally understand why... they are AMAZING! We are still hearing from people months later how much they loved the music, and how much fun they had dancing at the reception. On top of that, Andy made it a breeze throughout the entire process. From the very first conversation, I knew that we were in good hands and could rest easy knowing that the music (arguably the most important part of the reception) would be handled to perfection! I wish I was planning another wedding so I could book YLATT again, and have told anyone and everyone I can how awesome they are. 10/10, highly recommend, you NEED them at your wedding!!!

Sent on 10/31/2018
    Young Love and The Thrills 13
    Young Love and The Thrills 14
    Young Love and The Thrills 15
    Young Love and The Thrills 16
    Young Love and The Thrills 17

Mike Siraco · Married on 07/28/2018

Professional, Talented, Energetic - YLATT Brings the Complete Package

Young Love and the Thrills absolutely KILLED it at our wedding. They played an energized set that kept people on the dance floor and moving until the last song. From our first contact with them through the wedding day, they were incredibly professional and came as advertised. Their manager is responsive and accommodating, and the band is incredibly talented. They were energized and fun onstage during our reception, and the cocktail hour music they played was fantastic as well.We received dozens of comments from friends and family about how great our band was, and I would HIGHLY recommend YLATT for any wedding.

Caroline · Married on 07/01/2018

The best band ever!

SIMPLY AMAZING!!! Leading up to the wedding Andy was terrific and very responsive, answered all our questions and calmed all our fears. The day of the wedding they 100% made the night! Friends told me the next day they couldn't leave the dance floor to get a drink because the music was just so good! The set Young Love and The Thrills played over dinner was so beautiful and so many of our guest were complementary. HIGHLY recommend adding the horns, they brought such a cool vibe to the night! The two lead singers, whose voices are ones of angels, were so great coming out on the dance floor later in the night and dancing and singing with our guests and so professional when doing so! Needless to say we had an absolute blast on the dance floor. They ended the night with Shipping Up to Boston which BROUGHT THE HOUSE DOWN!!!! I could not recommend YLATT more. I would pick them over and over again!

Sent on 10/20/2018

Anna Rosofsky · Married on 06/09/2018

Just the Best

We had our wedding in June 2018 in Western, MA. Young Love and the Thrills were just the best. Communication with Andy leading up to the wedding was flawless. We were able to discuss customizing the times during which the band would play, both during dinner and during the dancing part, and request specific songs. We had two guitarists play background music during our cocktail hour and during dinner, and then Andy did a great job queuing-up toasts and announcing them during dinner. They followed our timeline to the T. On top of all of that, they were just so damn talented. They kept our wedding guests dancing like crazy all night, had incredible energy, and we since have had tons of requests from friends with upcoming weddings. We could not have asked for a better band.

Jeff · Married on 06/01/2018

Andy and the whole band did an amazing job! Our guests can't stop talking about how great they were. The only mistake we made was not having them there longer!

Sent on 07/28/2018

Christine · Married on 10/08/2017

Where do we begin!? First, book this band, they will not disappoint! It is by far the best decision we made. From the moment we contacted Andy a year before our wedding day, to the moment the final guests left, Young Love and The Thrills were professional, accommodating, and so much fun to work with (so much fun, we actually miss planning with them). We chose a less-than-traditional venue at Bayside Bowl--a bowling alley--in Portland, Maine, and Andy was quick to ease all of our concerns. They learned a few songs at our request, and they performed them to perfection. The band was great at reading the crowd; and they transitioned well from ceremony, to cocktail hour, to dinner, to our first bowl. Our guests continue to rave about their performance. Since the wedding, every guest we speak with mentions how great YLTT performed. We have several friends and family members who are planning weddings over the next few years, and we're recommending to all of them that they book Young Love and The Thrills!

Sent on 10/18/2017

Steve · Married on 10/07/2017

Young Love & The Thrills did an absolutely incredible job performing at our wedding. By far the most frequent comments we received afterwards were related to how great the band performed. The musicians are amazing (we would strongly recommend a horn(s)), but there are two elements to Andy and the band that we feel really differentiate them from the pack. First, they do a tremendous job at reading and connecting to the crowd. Whether it’s the singer coming out onto the dance floor, understanding when to play what or managing sound levels, they just do a remarkable job at creating an experience that leaves everyone asking “who was that band?” Secondly, and perhaps most important, for those of you planning a wedding, unexpected hiccups will invariably arise as your wedding day approaches. I can tell you first hand that having someone like Andy to walk you through everything and to remain flexible is a HUGE benefit. He made us feel comfortable throughout the process and we made some last minute requests that he was able to fulfill. For those of you in the planning process, I can’t emphasize enough how much of a benefit this is – you want a good communicator and someone that cares as much as you do about your wedding. So ultimately, if you go with Young Love & The Thrills, you’re getting a band that sounds amazing, will ensure your guests have a memorable experience and will help ensure everything goes smoothly. You can’t ask for more from a band on your wedding day.

Sent on 10/30/2017

Megan · Married on 09/16/2017

If you haven't booked YLATT yet, GET ON IT. I'm serious, these guys were the best investment we made in the wedding. We live in California, and were unable to see them preform live before our wedding in Maine-- I know this can be nerve wrecking, but I promise you, they will crush it. I cannot even tell you how many guests tell us they were the best wedding band they've ever seen. Some of our guests have even gone to their live shows in Boston since the wedding because they enjoyed them so much.

Andy and the team made each step of the process so easy for us, and made the night so much fun -- from the Hora, to the last song, everything was perfect. Pro tip: get.the.horns. You will not be disappointed. We even asked if my younger sister could sing a song with them, and they were totally into it.

Sent on 10/25/2017
    Young Love and The Thrills 18

Sheridan · Married on 09/03/2017

At our wedding, one of our guests came up to us and said, “I didn’t realize John Legend would be singing tonight!” Young Love and the Thrills was the HIGHLIGHT of our wedding!

Andy was our point of contact throughout the process: He was professional, accommodating, communicative, accessible, organized, and beyond helpful. The band was lively, talented, energetic, fun. At one point, five members were singing at the same time! Young Love and the Thrills blew all of the other bands we looked like out of the water. Their online media and videos are true to life, and their song list is varied and full of songs for everyone. YLATT does a great job of highlighting your favorite songs and skipping those that aren’t. The band learned TWO songs specifically for us and carefully reviewed the names of the bridal party and our family. We had standing room only on the dance floor all night, and the band did a great job of playing popular songs for the older set and varying with more recent hits as the night went on. The members of YLATT are ridiculously talented, and they played a hugely wide variety of music that appeals to all audiences. All of these reviews are accurate—people came up to us all night and long after the wedding to ask about the band. We’ve already recommended them for two weddings!

Young Love and the Thrills was the best decision of our wedding.

Sent on 10/27/2017

Nick · Married on 09/02/2017

When we received two unsolicited, raving recommendations for Young Love and the Thrills within a week of each other from some very trustworthy folks, we knew these guys were special and reached out immediately. Andy was incredibly helpful and communicative as we planned our Vermont wedding from across the country. YLATT are a well-oiled wedding machine and floated seamlessly from ceremony music to cocktail hour to reception without any intervention from us.

And, of course, they rocked our socks off! They pulled together an amazing set based off our musical tastes that felt personal and had all of our guests on the dance floor all night. We forgot to eat dessert because we were having too much fun.

YLATT was a highlight of our wedding. Book them ASAP!

Sent on 10/17/2017

Liz · Married on 08/26/2017

cannot recommend YLATT enough. They absolutely made our wedding. Everyone, young and old, was on the dance floor all night, and we are still hearing complements! Andy, our point of contact, was just fantastic. From the time we first engaged the band all the way up until the end of the evening, he was right there with us making sure our needs were met. Our event planner and other vendors really enjoyed working with them too! I must admit, I was a bit skeptical of all the 5-star reviews, but I am here to tell you that each and every star is well-deserved. They are talented, creative, and amazingly easy to work with. If you are looking for a professional, energetic band with an eclectic repertoire that cares about making your night one to remember, look no further! Book YLATT. You'll be glad you did.

Sent on 10/31/2017

Jenn · Married on 08/12/2017

Young Love and the Thrills (YLATT) was easily the highlight of our wedding weekend, aside from the actual act of getting married. It was really important to us that we had fabulous music/entertainment, and YLATT did not disappoint. In fact, they totally exceeded our expectations, even after having viewed their awesome video clips online. Every member of the band was extremely talented and they were all great entertainers. Hero, the lead singer, is unbelievable! They all looked like they were having an absolute blast throughout the night. They have the ability to play a variety of styles of music, and they play every style incredibly well. From the Beatles to Pharrell to Sam Cook – they knocked it out of the park. They also did a really nice job of managing the sound level in our reception under a tent. It also cannot go without saying that Andy was an absolutely pleasure to work with throughout the planning process. I had complete confidence in him because of his attention to detail, responsiveness, and his desire to make sure that the band was doing everything they could to accommodate our preferences and make our day truly special. Andy even checked in the day before the wedding, just to let me know that he was available to answer any last-minute questions or concerns. I can’t recommend YLATT enough; again, they truly were the highlight of our wedding weekend! All our guests are still talking about them now, two months post-wedding. We have absolutely NO regrets whatsoever in sharing our big day with YLATT!

Sent on 10/13/2017