Yimotion Photography Reviews

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

• Jacquelyne
    Jacquelyne D. Married on 10/01/2022

Exceptional service!

Your photographer is one of the most important vendors for your wedding. They are with you every step of the way and we are SO GLAD we went with Yi. He went above and beyond to make us feel comfortable and captured every single shot we could’ve ever imagined. His style and editing style is so unique and really makes for stunning bridal shots. It was such a pleasure working with Yi and we would 100% recommend him to anyone! We did an engagement shoot before our wedding in Boston Common that was a great way to get to know each other before the wedding day. Thank you Yi!!!
    Trent L. Married on 08/17/2022

Proposal Pictures

I reached out to Yi to set up a proposal photo shoot and I am so glad I did. As someone that was coming from out of town to make my proposal I was very particular about the time and place that I wanted to meet. He was on time and the proposal went off without a hitch, he completely blended in and looked like he was just tasking photos of the area already and didn’t look like he was there to take pictures of the moment. It took about 3 weeks to get the photos back and when we did they looked great! I would highly recommend Yi to anyone, he did a great job!
  • Ravina
    Ravina Married on 08/06/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Five stars are not enough for Yi!

I had the pleasure of corresponding with Yi for photography and videography services for my wedding reception. From our first phone call to our last email, he was incredibly patient, kind, and responsive. You can tell he truly wants to do right by his clients which is evident by his transparency, graciousness, and commitment to his craft. I must have asked him 20 questions back to back at one point via email, and he answered each question with incredible detail and speed. Not to mention, his photos are beautiful! I’m so glad I found Yi online because he is the ideal wedding vendor! I wish i could give him more than five stars because he is deserving of all the accolades!
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
  • Jessica
    Jessica F. Married on 07/05/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

We could not have asked for a better experience for our pictures!

Yi is great! We immediately felt very comfortable with Yi and his team and were able to relax and have fun with throughout the whole process. He was very organized and open to any request we had. His photographs were absolutely beautiful and each one is a masterpiece to enjoy for years to come! Yi is very professional and a pleasure to work with!
    Two words of advice after working with Yi. Hire him. We definitely recommend him and hope to work with him again in the future.
    Angela C. Married on 07/02/2022

Yi is amazing!

Yi is an absolute gem to work with. He was responsive and professional during the time leading up to our wedding, and was so patient with me considering how I wasn't as responsive. His pictures are going to come out amazing, but it was the fact that he made my husband and I feel so comfortable that made us so glad we chose Yi. Neither of us like being in front of the camera, but Yi joked around with us, and was able to get us to relax as much as possible. He was also very intuitive, and was able to read the room very well, and moved things along nicely. We got a lot of compliments on our pictures, and my husband and I both agree that if Yi takes photos outside of engagements and weddings, he'll forever be our go to photographer. He's great!
    Jillian D. Married on 06/25/2022

Couples Photo Shoot

Yi was very nice and so professional! My Fiancé and I are recently engaged but we've never had professional photographs taken before. We did a 30 min. mini session with Yi and he was able to direct us and make us feel so comfortable even with our awkwardness. We highly reccommend working with Yi and hope we can work with him again soon!
    Mbk W. Married on 06/11/2022

Extremely Communicative and Helpful

Although my fiancé and I ended up using a different photographer due to unrelated reasons, I was very impressed with Yi's responsiveness and professionalism from the start. From my first outreach to him, he took the initiative to check in with me and make sure I had all the information I needed. His emails were always helpful and personalized, and he was always willing to share additional information or galleries of his work to help me with my decision. Most photographers I reached out to just responded with an automated reply or pricing sheet, so this personal touch definitely stood out from the crowd. Additionally, of course, his photos are beautiful and unique!
  • Victoria
    Victoria Married on 06/10/2022

Just Amazing

My photos are absolutely everything I could have imagined. The color....the emotion. They are classic and elegant without being basic and boring. You can feel the emotion in every photo. Yi nailed it. He was one of the first vendors we booked and one of the best decisions we could have made. If you want pictures that will make you and your guests jaws drop hire Yi. Thank you!
    Thuong Married on 05/27/2022

Highly recommend Yimotion Photography

Yi was tremendous in every sense of the word! He brought great energy throughout both our engagement photo session and entire wedding day. He was very responsive throughout the whole process from beginning to end. He answered our questions quickly and thoroughly. He was flexible and professional. He was open to all of our ideas and implemented them throughout the different shoots. He made us feel very comfortable in front of the camera. Yi is incredibly talented, and we love his photography style. We love our wedding gallery so much and will treasure all the amazing photos forever. Our time with Yi was joyous and special. We thank him for being such an integral part of our once in a lifetime experience. We would highly recommend Yimotion Photography to anyone looking for high quality engagement and wedding photos.
    Suzanna F. Married on 05/21/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Excellent, Yi was very responsive and worked hard to get all the shots we were looking for.

Yi was very accommodating. He captured the essence of our day and the emotion of the moments beautifully.
  • Pop
    Pop Married on 05/17/2022

Great photoshoot experience

This was our first photoshoot as couple and we are normally awkward in front of the cameras. However, Yi was able to put quickly put us at ease and we came out looking very relaxed and happy in the photos!
    Lindsay Married on 05/08/2022

Amazing experience

We've recently received our wedding photos from Yi and they are just gorgeous!! Our experience was slightly different from most people's because Yi himself was not available on our wedding day (but we knew this before we booked with him), so he had his colleagues Allie and Isaak shoot our wedding, but Yi edited all of the photos. Allie and Issak were amazing the day of, getting so many shots that we had no idea were taken. They were so good at getting these amazing shots without us even noticing they were there. Yi made sure to check in with us ahead of the wedding to make sure that he knew what we wanted and talked us through the flow that would allow us to get all the shots we wanted in as little time as possible. Yi edited the photos beautifully and sent us hundreds of gorgeous images from our wedding day that we will treasure. I highly recommend hiring Yimotion Photography to capture your wedding or any other special moment!
  • Jessica
    Jessica Married on 04/16/2022

Incredible

Yi is so incredibly talented, and he is also such a kind, sweet person. I am super self-conscious and he put me completely at ease. The images are absolutely stunning, we can’t thank you enough, jessica & geoff
    Amanda Married on 10/03/2021

Truly an artist!

My husband and I got married this past October and i’m finally getting around to writing a review for the person who deserves it most from our wedding day. Yi is truly an artist. We hired him back in 2019 to take our engagement photos. He makes you feel relaxed and calm. I’m a very picky person when it comes to photography but when I saw his photos I knew I had to reach out. Our engagement photos came out phenomenal. They’re just breathtaking. After that I couldn’t WAIT to get married just to have wedding photos done by him. He was very accommodating when we had to reschedule due to Covid. When he sent me my sneak peek, my eyes filled with tears. My coworkers saw them and were in awe. He caught every genuine reaction from the guests and us and his artistic style of photography takes your breath away. Any time I see my guests, they always mention many times how talented our photographer was. We couldn’t be happier. He’s a true professional and artist and he’s worth every penny and more. Thank you so much again Yi! - Amanda and Mike Patts
    Jacqueline B. Married on 10/01/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Attentive, organized, GREAT shots!

Yi was absolutely amazing. He did our engagement photos in Boston and photographed our wedding at Smolak Farms. He was so organized, attentive, and his work is incredible. We had a meeting prior to our wedding to go over all of the shots we wanted. The day of the wedding Yi spent so much time getting amazing shots of getting ready, the venue, ceremony and reception. With COVID and a micro wedding, you would never be able to tell we didn’t have a “traditional wedding”. I highly recommend Yi.
  • Katlyn
    Katlyn C. Married on 09/07/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Everything we hoped for in a photographer!

My fiancé and I had an absolutely incredible experience with Yi for our engagement shoot in Salem MA. He was so receptive during the planning of the shoot and executed our vision perfectly! Thank you so much Yi for the incredible memories we will cherish in our home forever.
  • Lin
    Lin G. Married on 09/06/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

The most amazing wedding photographer!

Yi was an amazing wedding photographer and so easy and fun to work with from start to finish. We had to push back our date multiple times and he was so flexible and easygoing. We could not be more in love with our wedding photos and are so grateful that we will always have such amazing memories captured for us to look back on in the years to come. From the bottom of our hearts: thank you so much, Yi!!
    Kiva R. Married on 08/28/2021

Professional & fun!

Yi was amazing to work with! Instantly after our first introduction call we knew he was the right photographer for our wedding. Yi worked through a drama free rescheduling effort and kept in touch with us when we postponed for a year from our original 2020 date. We had so much fun working with Yi and we could not be happier with the photos of our day!
    Jenna M. Married on 08/27/2021

Unbelievable Experience

Yi's photography was the highlight of my wedding! We decided not to have a videographer, so Yi was responsible for ALL the memories from our special day and he did not disappoint! He went above and beyond every expectation we had. Yi was so professional and communicative before our wedding and really listened to our "vision" for our wedding. He is the most creative photographer I've worked with and captured every essence of my husband and I and our special day. Our photos turned out SO beautiful (I continue to look through them daily!) I cannot say enough about how incredible Yi is. He found incredible shots based on natural lighting and every photo was stunning. He is truly an artist! Choosing Yi as my photographer was the best choice I made for my wedding and he made the day so memorable. Also, my guests all raved about him!
    Anna W. Married on 08/01/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Very professional and incredible photos!

From the beginning, Yi was super welcoming and happy to listen to our needs and concerns for our wedding ceremony and reception. Despite multiple postponements due to covid, he remained flexible and professional. In the end, our photographer was Sasha, since Yi was not available to shoot on the day, but neither of them disappointed with the photos and editing! Everything arrived on time and with lots of photos to choose from.

We couldn’t have been happier with how they contributed to making our dream wedding FINALLY come true!
  • Julie
    Julie Married on 07/11/2021

Creative and artistic!

We chose Yi for his photojournalistic and dramatic style and he did not disappoint! On the day of the wedding he showed up promptly and managed to take charge in order to get all the perfect shots without being intrusive, getting all the details of the day and making everyone feel very comfortable. We are the type of couple who wanted to put our full trust in the people we hired for the wedding, we did not want to endlessly search Pinterest or come up with a rigid game plan and Yi was able to capture the magic of the day and get all the photos that we would have never thought of. The photos came out gorgeously lit even for a rainy day, and his creativity produced some amazing shots. The gallery came back to us far faster than we had expected. We cannot recommend working with Yi enough.
    Janet Married on 07/08/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

The process was just as fun as the photos are beautiful!

Finding a wedding photographer felt initially daunting, but as soon as my significant other saw the vibrant colors and stunning composition on Yi's website, he told me Yi was unequivocally "the one"! We are so thrilled to have met him and absolutely love our photos (he did both our engagement and wedding photos). The engagement photo shoot itself was just as memorable as the photos were beautiful - Yi made everything so natural and easy, and we just smiled and laughed the whole time without anything feeling forced or uncomfortable. We received so many compliments but my favorite is how naturally happy we look in all our pictures. In the days before and on our wedding day, Yi was respectful, responsive, professional, and easygoing. He was our favorite person to work with, and we would highly recommend him to anybody!
  • Amanda
    Amanda L. Married on 06/05/2021

Spectacular!

We are so happy we chose Yi as our wedding photographer. He is incredibly talented and his work is top notch. He was communicative, efficient, responsive, professional and the photos of our wedding are better than we could have imagined. Every single one turned out absolutely beautiful, and he got them all to us in just two weeks. He has such a creative eye and really captured the emotions of the day. When looking at the photos, it almost seemed like there were two photographers because of his ability to switch angles so quickly. The entire day was documented- he didn’t miss a beat. He also made everyone feel comfortable as he directed us during our portraits. We would hire him a thousand times over and if you are considering Yi- hire him if you want to feel confident that he will deliver!
  • Erica
    Erica Married on 04/17/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Photos to last a lifetime!

From the very first email exchange Yi was incredibly professional and responsive as we working through our wedding plans. We honestly could not have had a better experience. Yi was incredibly patient and listened as we talked through the ideal photos we wanted to capture and ideas for unique photos. He was so wonderful in directly us and our guests during posed photos to get the perfect shot and blended into the ceremony to get beautiful candid shots. Our wedding seems to go by in the blink of an eye but thanks to Yi we have the most wonderful photos to look back on and remember our special day. He truly captured everything perfectly. Thank you!!
  • Ashley
    Ashley Married on 03/27/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Hands down best photographer experience and results!

We hired Yi after extensive searching and couldn’t be more pleased with the experience and results. As most photographers are very similar (bright, outdoors, all alike), we wanted a photographer whose work would stand out. Yi is extremely creative in his shots and methodically plans how to capture each moment perfectly. His artistic side really brings the photos to life and makes people want to see more. After consulting with Yi on the phone, he was very receptive to what we needed for the day. With Covid disrupting everything, he really went above and beyond with patience and accommodation. Our engagement shoot went so smoothly and the photographs with his edits were outstanding. We received so many compliments!! The day of our wedding he made sure to capture everything we asked for and he was even able to give me some edited photos the next day - talk about being attentive and fast worker. The dozen or so we have seen really blew us away. I can’t say enough good things about Yi and would recommend him to anyone with no hesitation! So happy we went with Yi!!!
illustration stars