Yimotion Photography Reviews

37 | North Andover, MA

37 Reviews for Yimotion Photography

• Ravina

Ravina · Getting married on 08/06/2022

Five stars are not enough for Yi!

I had the pleasure of corresponding with Yi for photography and videography services for my wedding reception. From our first phone call to our last email, he was incredibly patient, kind, and responsive. You can tell he truly wants to do right by his clients which is evident by his transparency, graciousness, and commitment to his craft. I must have asked him 20 questions back to back at one point via email, and he answered each question with incredible detail and speed. Not to mention, his photos are beautiful! I’m so glad I found Yi online because he is the ideal wedding vendor! I wish i could give him more than five stars because he is deserving of all the accolades!

Sent on 12/06/2020

MBK Wedding · Getting married on 06/11/2022

Extremely Communicative and Helpful

Although my fiancé and I ended up using a different photographer due to unrelated reasons, I was very impressed with Yi's responsiveness and professionalism from the start. From my first outreach to him, he took the initiative to check in with me and make sure I had all the information I needed. His emails were always helpful and personalized, and he was always willing to share additional information or galleries of his work to help me with my decision. Most photographers I reached out to just responded with an automated reply or pricing sheet, so this personal touch definitely stood out from the crowd. Additionally, of course, his photos are beautiful and unique!

Sent on 01/08/2021
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 09/26/2020

Beyond amazing!

Yi was the absolute correct choice for my husband and I. He is incredibly professional, thoughtful, and kind. He guided us throughout the photo shoots to create the most amazing photos without us having to stress. We had SO much fun working with him! We would recommend him to any couple without hesitation. Thank you, Yi!!!

Sent on 09/29/2020
  • Lindsay

Lindsay Drucker · Married on 09/26/2020

Incredible service

Yi & Sascha were the best! Yi was so responsible every hour of the days. He was so flexible with his service as well. When we had to change our 215 person wedding to a 35 person backyard ceremony they accommodated all of our new requests and adjusted his pricing. We wound up having Sascha on our new date due to availability and she checked every box. She got through our whole wedding checklist but was also so respectful of our time with our guests. She was friendly, not pushy at all, and the photos were unique to us as a couple. Yi walked me through our wedding album design from start to finish and made sure our albums were ready in time for Christmas presents for our families, We would recommend them and hire them again in a heartbeat.

Sent on 01/03/2021
  • April

April O’Brien · Married on 09/12/2020

Outstanding

We met Yi at a friend's wedding and were impressed with how personable he was. When the gorgeous pictures came out, we knew that we needed him to shoot our engagement and wedding photos. During our engagement session, we requested a lot of direction and Yi was great at helping give us just that, but also succeeded in making our photos look natural. Prior to our wedding day he met with us again to make sure that he knew exactly what we wanted. On wedding day, Yi captured special candid moments as well as helping direct us during our portrait photos. Yi is very easy to work with, is a pro at giving direction when needed but also makes you feel comfortable, and he has a great eye. We absolutely love how all our pictures came out. He even managed to capture our little flower-pup who hates having her picture taken. We highly recommend Yi!

Sent on 10/09/2020

Katherine Hou · Married on 08/27/2020

A breeze to work with

We hired Yi to take engagement and wedding photos. The engagement photos were during the winter of 2019 and Yi was amazing to work with in frigid, ten-degree temperatures. He even brought some hand warmers. The photos were processed quickly and we were excited to bring him back to take wedding photos due to his easy-going and friendly attitude.

Originally our wedding was scheduled for late summer of 2020 and for about 120 people. We had also requested a second shooter. Due to COVID-19, we decided to scale back our plans significantly. Yi was extremely accommodating to our change of plans.

On our special day, Yi was very conscientious by wearing a mask throughout the fairly hot and humid wedding and also by observing distance measures. In addition, he handled a surprise rain shower and provided great guidance throughout the day and rearranged plans so we could have some additional portrait pictures taken. Yi’s ability to speak English, Mandarin, and Cantonese was very useful for our mixed crowd. Finally, we received our photos quickly and couldn’t have been happier with the results. We highly recommend Yi as a photographer.

Sent on 11/17/2020

Elaha · Married on 08/15/2020

Comfortable

Just like many other couple, we had to cancel our wedding this year due to the pandemic. However, my fiancé and I wanted to make sure we have some memorable photos - that is when we stumbled upon Yimotion Photography’s and immediately fell in love with Yi’s page . He was so creative with his ideas and we felt so comfortable with him. Yi made our experience so easy and took some incredibly memorable photos.

Sent on 11/18/2020

Anna · Married on 08/09/2020

Talented, personable, and knows how to make couples feel at ease.

We had a fall engagement shoot with Yi in October and are so thrilled with the results! It was our first time doing a photoshoot, so we anticipated some awkwardness on our part, but Yi had a way of communicating with his couples that makes us feel so at ease. He is very personable and easy to work with. Prior to our shoot, Yi offered helpful suggestions on locations and timing to capture the fall foliage that I wanted. During the shoot, he took us to different spots and guided us on our poses that made us look so much more natural!

Yi communicated with us promptly throughout the whole experience and the results were amazing! We just sent out our save the dates and received so many compliments on our engagement photos! What attracts me the most to Yi's photography style is his ability to tell stories through his photos. He has a way of capturing special moments that tell a story about the couple, and to me that's an amazing talent. For the quality and professionalism of his work, his prices are also very reasonable compared to others in his field. We feel so fortunate to have found Yi, and we can't wait for him to capture our wedding in August!

Sent on 02/16/2020

Haley Dupell · Married on 07/25/2020

Engagement shoot

I met Yi a year ago after he shot for my brothers wedding. I was excited to have him shoot engagement pictures for my fiancé and I. Yi was able to get a wide variety of shots in just an hour together. He even stayed a little later in order to finish up a few sunset shots. We love the pictures!

Sent on 08/20/2020
  • X

Xi Li · Married on 11/27/2019

professional

very professional service, easy to communicate.

Sent on 01/24/2020

Lafayette · Married on 10/12/2019

Thoughtful, talented, creative

We are so glad to have chosen Yi as our photographer and highly recommend him to other couples! We were planning the wedding long-distance and he was so accommodating - happy to chat over the phone, very detail oriented, and so thorough. He even visited the venue the weekend before to get a feel for it! We were so impressed.

And after getting the photos back, it's clear that he's also an incredibly talented artist! The photos are absolutely beautiful, very well composed, and he got a great variety of poses, candids, family photos, etc.

Sent on 01/11/2020
  • F

Fan Xia · Married on 10/10/2019

Amazing Photos

We choose Yi for a 2 hour session in cambridge city hall as I like Yi's indoor photo style. Originally we discussed 1pm but due to several reasons we switched to 10 am in the morning, Yi was very flexible for the timing. On the day of wedding, there was a serious crush on the highway but he still arrive on time. He also borrow us tripod and help us set up our own camera to record. The results really amazing 101 photos within 5 days. Photos are amazing and we really love them!

Sent on 10/18/2019

Lauren · Married on 09/21/2019

Definitely Hire!

Yi was absolutely amazing to work with. During the prep for the wedding there were some instances I felt stressed or had questions and he was always willing to schedule a time to talk on the phone and was able to offer some guidance with wedding concerns. The day of the wedding he was prompt on his arrival time and immediately started working since we were tight on time. He was very professional and organized. He pulled my husband aside during the reception to do more creative photos with dark lighting that were so unique. His photos are absolutely beautiful that he took from the day!

Sent on 10/07/2019
  • Ashley

Ashley Killam · Married on 08/31/2019

Captured our dream wedding!

Yi was amazing! Before our wedding he took the time to sit down with us and go over every photo we wanted taken. On the day of the wedding he was prompt and really made the day about us. When looking through our photos I never thought he would get such amazing candids, but he found the perfect angles for every picture! We absolutely loved working with him and I HIGHLY recommend him for your wedding!

Sent on 11/11/2019

Dessi · Married on 08/06/2019

Excellent experience

We were very happy with how the photos turned out and all our guests commented how beautiful the photos are. He captured all the moments we wanted very creatively. Yi is very professional - always punctual and responded to our emails very quickly. We really enjoyed working with him and would highly recommend him to anyone!

Sent on 11/03/2019

Nelly Reyes · Married on 07/13/2019

A great experience

Yi was a great photographer to work with. Responsive, direct, but friendly. He instilled a sense of confidence in us that he knew what he was doing and it would turn out great. We got a lot of photos for the price and the price was worth what we got. We would recommend him.

Sent on 10/30/2019
  • Sandy

Sandy Nguyen · Married on 07/09/2019

Highly recommend!

Yi was recommended to us by one of our friend's wedding decorator. It was easily one of the best decisions we had made. As most, if not all, weddings are, they can be very, very stressful. To try to capture all the precious moments of it all can be even more stressful. To keep it short, Yi handled the job with class and the utmost professionalism. He made it very easy for us throughout the engagement and wedding shoots. Not to mention, he's a great guy to talk to. We received our photos in a very timely manner. The wedding came and gone so fast. Being able to view the photos, to see all the special moments going on around us and to relive that night as newlyweds was truly amazing. Yi's style and overall quality made the whole experience worthwhile. If you're reading this and still looking for a wedding photographer, please look no further as Yi is the one.

Sent on 11/24/2019

Jaclyn Esposito · Married on 06/29/2019

Amazing photographer who excelled at capturing our wedding day

Yi was absolutely amazing from start to finish. He was super flexibile, and we got to have a lot of time with him and his assistant for the wedding. He made sure to listen to what was important to us, and made the most of our quick timelines. I just got a sneak peak of our photos, and they came out great! I cannot wait to see the rest in the coming months! Thank you so much Yi for your work, professionalism, and detail to make our pictures perfect!

Sent on 07/19/2019

Roxana Le · Married on 06/15/2019

Yi is absolutely the best photographer!

Yi’s work is fantastic- not only was the experience fun and comfortable, but the wedding photos came out looking aaah-mazing! AMAZING talent, amazing patience, and amazing photos. I would highly suggest his expertise to anyone who is looking for a photographer in Boston! :)

-Happy bride & groom (Rox&Kev)

Sent on 08/22/2019
  • Kate

Kate Ellsworth · Married on 05/18/2019

Best Photographer in MA

Yi was so incredible from the day I called him and asked about his services. We were drawn to his colorful and stylistic photos, and he did not disappoint on our big day! During our first call, he was attentive, creative, and inquisitive; when we met for coffee, he came with great ideas for shot locations and helped us cement a rain plan in case the weather didn't cooperate. He stayed in touch during the months leading up to our wedding, and on the actual day, he and his assistant could not have been more kind.

Yi was great about ensuring we got all the shots we requested, but he really shined when setting up shots that caught his attention. He has an impeccable eye for framing and focusing—we were blown away with our final photos! He familiarized himself with the area before our wedding so he could recommend the best shots, but he is so great at spotting perfect places and moments for photos.

I cannot recommend Yi enough. He was professional, artistic, kind, patient, and incredibly easy to work with.

Sent on 07/04/2019
  • Tracy

Tracy Dibaro · Married on 04/06/2019

Yi did such a great job capturing our Happily Ever After

We live in a Florida but decided to get married in my home state of Massachusetts. Planning a wedding out of state is extremely nerve racking. But I was so blessed to have found Yi. He was so professional and the guests all loved him. We totally lucked out!! He captured the entire evening perfectly.
    The pictures came out beautiful and loved his artistic flair.
    Thank you again!!!!!

Sent on 05/29/2019

Alyssa Langlois · Married on 10/13/2018

Amazing photographer, professional, super fun to work with

Such a great photographer to work with. Amazing with color, super professional, great personality, kept me call and collected on my big day! Would highly recommend

Sent on 12/28/2018

Randi · Married on 09/21/2018

Literally the BEST Photographer

I was so excited when I found Yi's website. I had grown a bit disheartened while looking for a photographer. Quality and composition weren't impressive to me and yet prices were very high and almost all were out of our budget. Then I stumbled upon Yi's website and everything changed. His gallery was absolutely stunning and I couldn't stop until I had gone through every photo. Yi has this amazing quality of capturing natural, intimate moments from the furthest of distances. His expertise and experience was second to none. When I inquired about pricing packages I was nervous; surely someone with photos THAT gorgeous would be way out of our budget range. However, his pricing was fair and I couldn't be happier with our final photos. Yi is very comfortable to be around and he was an absolute pleasure to work with. I will never stop singing his praises.

Sent on 10/24/2018

Yimotion Photography's reply:

It was such an honor to document your wedding. You have got the perfect venue over at the Codman Estate for your Viking style wedding.
  • Tony

Tony · Married on 08/18/2018

Yi is a super talented photographer and an amazing person.
    I always tell my wife that we were lucky to have found Yi, he completely understands that I sometimes cannot answer him right away due to my crazy work travel schedules but he is always professional and super responsive when I have a question. You get a lot of value from his work, as he enjoys photography and has fun with it. One of the biggest takeaways from my experience with Yi, is that he was so accommodating during our wedding day. It can be overwhelming handling multiple photo requests from family members and friends but Yi rose to the top and multi-tasked like a champ. The photos came out amazing and we get so many compliments on them.

I definitely recommend Yi, because not only will you gain a wonderful photographer but you will gain a friend.

Sent on 10/09/2018

Yimotion Photography's reply:

Thanks to Kim & Tony for putting your trust in me. You have such a great family members who take good care of not only you guys, but also the vendors. You also picked an amazing venue over at Hyatt Regency Cambridge with the amazing manager Ashley.