Essie Cohen Makeup Reviews

Essie Cohen Makeup 3
Essie Cohen Makeup 4
Essie Cohen Makeup 5

Remy Gordon · Married on 12/31/2019

My favorite vendor of the day

Essie was truly my favorite person to work with for my wedding. She was more than a makeup team - she was there for anything that was needed onsite, always willing to lend a hand. I had my first trial with Essie and then worked with her for my engagement shoot, bridal shower, rehearsal dinner, and wedding. She is incredibly skilled - i have never looked better :) even my photographer commented how stunning the whole bridal party (11 ladies + family) looked - the makeup was just perfect for everyone, and the day flowed smoothly in her hands. Essie is incredibly responsive, easy to work with, and i look forward to staying in touch with her. She is a true asset to have on your wedding day and i would HIGHLY recommend her.

Sent on 01/09/2020

Essie Cohen Makeup's reply:

Awe I feel the same! The best way to end the year with you and everyone! I truly loved working with your family and friends. I didn’t wanna leave lol

Emma Savitz · Married on 11/10/2019

Great experience!

Essie was great to work with. We found out about her from the planner at our venue. She was very nice and I was very happy with how I looked, as were the other family members who got their makeup done. She had us over for a trial beforehand and gave me some tips to prepare my skin ahead of time, which was very helpful. I would definitely recommend her!

Sent on 12/14/2019

Lynn Marchiafava · Married on 11/09/2019

Perfection

Essie was amazing!! Not only is she a great makeup artist but she’s a joy to be around and talk to! She brought music and made the morning so fun and also extremely efficient and relaxing. I couldn’t recommend her enough!

Sent on 12/05/2019

Taryn Alper · Married on 10/27/2019

Westchester Wedding Must

If you have a fall wedding in Westchester, it's best to book your vendors early before someone scoops them up. I was fortunate to have found Essie in early spring before my fall wedding. I went to a trial at her apartment with my sisters who bonded well with her and that was all I needed to officially book. Her confidence and calm approach helped on my wedding day! My makeup day of was fabulous and it came out well in photographs. The only makeup retouching I did that night was for my lips (you know, because eating and drinking) with her provided kit. She gives an incredible kit with things like Shout wipes which I needed after I went outside in the rain with my dress.

Sent on 12/01/2019

Erin Greenberg · Married on 10/19/2019

Absolutely perfect!

The minute Essie stepped into my home to do my makeup for our engagement pictures, I knew she would be the one for our wedding too! Essie was sweet, personable, funny and most of all an incredibly talented makeup artist!

Essie was quick to respond, provided great tips and took care of the whole crew! I even hired her for the rehearsal dinner makeup. Essie made all looks unique and special for each occasion.

Essie was the perfect choice, I highly recommend her and can’t wait to work with her again! ❤️

Essie Cohen Makeup 6
    Essie Cohen Makeup 7
    Essie Cohen Makeup 8
    Sent on 11/06/2019

Laura Anderson · Married on 10/05/2019

Beautiful Makeup

Essie was fantastic during my trial and also on my wedding day. Not only was she truly a pleasure to chat with and have in the room, she was also incredibly prompt, professional, and flexible (not to mention my makeup along with my bridesmaids looked great-- natural and elegant). I recommend Essie without hesitation and can tell you that if you go with her, you're in good hands!

Sent on 11/29/2019

Megan · Married on 09/28/2019

Essie- the best makeup artist I know!

There’s not enough words to explain how absolutely incredible Essie is! After my initial trial with her I already felt like I knew her. She just makes you feel so comfortable and she is SO talented. Even before my wedding, she did the makeup for my sister and me for my bridal shower, as well for another wedding I was in. My girls and I could not stop raving about her the morning of my wedding. She did all 12 of us the morning of (which is unbelievable!) and she was such a hype girl the entire time. Everyone wanted her contact information. I have recommended her to so many girls since then and they would vouch for her the same way. I’m so excited to have her as a makeup reference for the future. Everybody needs an Essie!

Sent on 10/28/2019
  • Omar

Omar · Married on 09/21/2019

Book essie asap!

Essie is simply amazing! She is quick to make you feel comfortable with the entire experience. I've had my makeup done by her for another wedding, so it was a no-brainer to have her do my makeup for my wedding. She made me feel so beautiful on one of the most important days of my life. I would 10/10 recommend Essie for any event :)

Sent on 10/28/2019
  • Francesca

Francesca · Married on 09/07/2019

Wonderful service for my large bridal team

Essie did an amazing job with my wedding! For the most part we all wanted to look beautiful without looking or feeling like we had a ton of make up on and Essie did just that. In total, 13 of us got our make up done, and everyone was more than pleased. She was quick to answer, prompt, easy going to work with the day of, and did amazing work! I felt so flawless and still looked like myself. The morning of the wedding we worked hard to make sure it felt calm even with so many of us, and Essie was really helpful with that too. She was even ahead of schedule! Now that I have my pictures back I’m even more pleased with how everyone looks in those! She truly enhanced everyone’s natural beauty making us all feel so confident! Is highly recommend her for all your make up needs!

Essie Cohen Makeup 9
    Essie Cohen Makeup 15
    Sent on 10/30/2019

Rebecca Wolfson · Married on 09/01/2019

Wedding Makeup

Essie did an AMAZING job! Everyone in my wedding party looked flawless. She also did a great job working with those with sensitive skin and paid attention to everyone’s needs. Not only is she such a skilled makeup artist but she is also a genuinely nice person. Wedding nerves got the best of me and she gave me an amazing pep talk. I will definitely use Essie for any future event!

Sent on 09/24/2019
  • Diana

Diana · Married on 08/30/2019

HIGHLY recommend- you honestly can't go wrong!

I honestly do not have enough GREAT things to say about Essie. From her personality to her professionalism to her talent, she provides outstanding work. I got married in August and Essie was able to do makeup for my wife and I last minute. What a life saver she was! We were completely calm and knew that the result would be more than we could ever imagine. I typically lack confidence in general and I am do not wear make-up daily. When I saw myself, I truly felt beautiful and confident. Same goes for my wife. We got compliments the entire day and night. Which, speaking of, everything lasted PERFECTLY all night and I am a wild dancer and all over the place.

I'm also not one to be decisive, and Essie was incredibly helpful in giving me advice, suggestions, and insight into what would fit me best. She is incredibly professional, shows up on time, and is efficient within the schedule. She even gives you a touch up kit LOADED with helpful things throughout your wedding day. It's evident that she has experience and a broad range of what she can do. You can not go wrong booking Essie for your special day. If you want to feel calm and confident in a time that can be stressful, she's your girl!!! I could go on and on. We love her and will be using her for any special events in the future!

Essie Cohen Makeup 16
    Sent on 09/18/2019

Mindy Listwa · Married on 08/18/2019

Everyone looked beautiful!

Essie is an amazing makeup artist. From the moment we spoke, she was professional, calming, sweet, and organized. Our makeup was flawless and just gorgeous! We looked natural but very glamorous. My daughter and I have sensitive skin and the products did not aggravate our skin. I was very skeptical about using lashes because my eyes are so sensitive but I tried them during my trial and now wish I can wear them everyday! Our makeup was perfect through the heat, dancing, and tears! Essie made everyone feel and look like a beautiful version of themselves. She even went out of her way to make my special needs daughter, husband and the groom feel special too. I can’t say enough about how wonderful Essie is!

Sent on 08/23/2019

Christine · Married on 07/27/2019

Incredible

Essie is an incredible makeup artist. She made all of my bridesmaids and myself look absolutely stunning. The quality of makeup is outstanding. Essie also has a great personality which makes your makeup experience even more enjoyable. She is extremely efficient and professional she helped make my wedding day even better by making me not have to worry at all. Essie truly cares about her clients and making them happy. Thank you Essie!!

Sent on 10/29/2019

Katie · Married on 07/21/2019

Gorgeous, glamorous, yet natural makeup

Essie and her team did a phenomenal job. Essie's work is an amazing combination of glamorous yet still natural (I had done a few trials with other make up artists where I felt like a cake face.) I have never seen myself look prettier, and I was so happy to see everyone look their best on the big day. My mom, who is normally super picky about makeup, was gushing about how much she loved her makeup. I looked and felt like the most beautiful version of myself.

Also, side note, my wedding was during a heat wave, as in 100 degrees outside kind of heat wave, and my makeup held the entire time. That is a miracle in and of itself.

Another thing that was great about Essie was her professionalism. She is an excellent communicator and very organized. She proactively reached out about setting up schedules for day of, sent over super helpful tips and tricks to help prep for the big day, and even gave me a great touch up kit to take to my ceremony. She was always on time and responsive (not something that is a given in the wedding industry). I really appreciated how on top of it she was, as she definitely helped alleviate a lot of stress.

Essie was an absolute joy to work with, and if I ever need my makeup done professionally again in the future, I would return to her.

Essie Cohen Makeup 17
    Sent on 09/14/2019

Ann Lynch · Married on 07/12/2019

Professional, knowledgable, warm and friendly

Essie was wonderful. She had a great understanding of colors that would complement my skin tone and hair and made me look perfect for my wedding day.

Sent on 01/12/2020

Meghan · Married on 05/10/2019

Can't recommend enough!

Essie was amazing! She did my sister's wedding two years ago, and I knew I needed her to do mine. The entire bridal party looked beautiful! Essie does an amazing job of making everyone look stunning, but also making everyone still look like themselves. I really can't recommend Essie enough!

Sent on 11/04/2019

Elizabeth · Married on 05/04/2019

Flawless Makeup Artist!!

Essie is an incredibly talented Makeup Artist- and truly one of the best people to have with you on your wedding day! She helped keep me calm and laughing all morning (a difficult task on the morning of your wedding). She and her assistant were extremely efficient, and were able to get all 10 people finished with their makeup with time to spare.
    I've had my makeup done many times now, and never usually feel comfortable with how much makeup is on my face- that was not the case with Essie! My makeup looked and felt natural, but was also photo-ready all day and night. (I should also mention that I cried during the ceremony- ALOT- and my makeup stayed put!)
    Lastly, I want to point out how flawlessly Essie and her assistant worked alongside my other vendors, including the Hair Stylist, Photographer, Videographer and Wedding Coordinator.
    Thank you so much, Essie! You helped make our day absolutely perfect!

Essie Cohen Makeup 18
    Sent on 07/24/2019
  • Lauren

Lauren Fisher · Married on 01/01/2019

Essie is the best!!!

I can’t say enough good things about Essie, not only is she a talented make up artist but she is a delight to be around. Essie was so accommodating and responsive. She also provided advice and encouragement, going above and beyond what would be expected. She referred me to my amazing hair stylist and another make up artist to accommodate my bridesmaids who also was amazing! You can tell just after one conversation with Essie, even through email that she is a kind soul, professional, funny and she really cares about her clients. Essie is passionate about her craft and I could not have been more thrilled with the final results. Essie is just simply the best!

Essie Cohen Makeup 19
    Essie Cohen Makeup 26
    Sent on 12/09/2019

Melissa Wishnia · Married on 11/10/2018

The best!!

I had such a great experience with Essie. She is super friendly, listens to what you want, and is very organized. We had 7 of us getting our makeup done on the morning of the wedding, and it was super low stress, exactly how I wanted it. We all loved our makeup and had a great time in the process!

Sent on 01/08/2019

Kelly Kressler · Married on 10/14/2018

wonderful experience

essie was amazing! she listened to what each of us wanted and we could not have been happier! she made us feels special and her attention to detail was fantastic!

Sent on 10/24/2018

Rachel · Married on 09/29/2018

Highly recommend!!

I was so glad that I booked Essie for my wedding make-up. She was a pleasure to work with -- really easy going, experienced/knowledgable, and reassuring -- and all of the girls loved the way that they looked, even those of us who were really nervous about wearing what we considered to be a lot of makeup. She made everyone look natural and gorgeous! She even squeezed in two people on the day of the wedding, who decided after seeing how beautiful a job she did on the other girls, that they wanted their makeup done too. And she kept people out of my face, literally, when I was in the chair for those last few quiet moments before pictures began! Flawless execution and stunning work.

Sent on 10/20/2018

Madeline · Married on 09/22/2018

A wonderful experience!! All the ladies looked so beautiful - never overdone! Looking forward to using again for another event!!

Sent on 10/02/2018

Jacqueline · Married on 06/16/2018

From the first time I met Essie for my trial until the touch-ups at my wedding - she had me laughing and talking. For the day of the wedding, she was efficient and kept us on time. She also has an amazing playlist. I am incredibly self-conscious of my skin/acne and I can honestly say - I looked more beautiful than I thought possible, while still looking like myself. But most importantly, Essie is a wonderful person, and she is the type of person you want around while you get ready for your big day.

Sent on 07/20/2018

Liza · Married on 06/02/2018

Essie and her team were great. Loved my natural look

Sent on 07/21/2018

Danielle · Married on 05/26/2018

Essie was great ! She helped make my wedding day even more special ! We all looked beautiful !

Sent on 07/20/2018