Essie Cohen Makeup Reviews

160 | Katonah, NY

160 Reviews for Essie Cohen Makeup

Sarah M. · Getting married on 07/05/2022

Best Experience!

I do not wear makeup on a daily basis and was a little nervous about finding a makeup artist who could give me the "natural" look I was looking for for my courthouse wedding, so I still looked and felt like myself. Essie did an amazing job, she nailed the natural look, I didn't feel like I was wearing any makeup, and it stayed perfectly set all day! To top off an amazing experience, she is the sweetest person and is so much fun to just be around. Essie is truly the best, I can't wait to work with her again next spring for my formal wedding celebration!

Sent on 08/10/2020

Julia N. · Getting married on 03/06/2022

Essie is the best!

Essie was absolutely amazing! She made everyone so comfortable, listened to what everyone wanted for their makeup, and made it even more beautiful than what they had originally thought. Everyone loved it! It also lasted the whole night outside in humid/hot weather, which is an absolute miracle! Given the pandemic, we had to switch all our plans several times and Essie was also so flexible and accommodating. Would recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 08/10/2020
  • Michelle

Michelle · Getting married on 08/09/2021

Essie is the best!!

Essie is the best for so many reasons. Besides being INSANELY TALENTED, she is professional, responsive, helpful, and kind. Our first call felt like I was talking to a close friend, not someone I just met, and she provided loads of insight on how to prepare for the big day. She made me feel like the most beautiful version of myself for my wedding day - somehow natural and glam at the same time - and was a sense of calm in the chaos of getting ready. I'll also have you know that I cried throughout my entire wedding but my makeup stayed perfect. Thank you Essie!!

Sent on 11/18/2020
  • Rachel

Rachel S. · Getting married on 06/05/2021

11/10! Must hire!!

Essie is a brilliantly talented artist. She truly loves her work, has an incredible eye, and will absolutely help you look your best on your special day. No matter your comfort level with makeup, she will listens to you and makes your vision a reality.

Though sadly Essie is not available for my recently rebooked big celebration, both my and my mom's trial with her were great and she made us feel so comfortable. Her 'chair-side' manner is perfect and will put anyone at ease! You're in literal good hands with this one.

Sent on 09/21/2020
  • Remi

Remi C. · Married on 10/10/2020

Great experience and the makeup lasted all day!

Essie is so amazing! I was able to do a trial with her before my engagement photos and while the look was slightly different I had full confidence that she would make me and my friends look beautiful on the wedding day. Essie made me look and feel so gorgeous, as well as all of my bridesmaids, the moms and aunts. I know that the environment she helped to create the morning of the wedding helped me to be more relaxed and set me up to have an amazing wedding day. The makeup stayed on all day for everyone, even before masks and crying! the touch up kit she provided gave me peace of mind as well.

Even before I met her, through all my email exchanges with her, she was so professional and so nice! I highly recommend using Essie and I’m looking forward to taking a makeup lesson with her in the not too distant future!

Sent on 10/21/2020

Cassidy D. · Married on 10/10/2020

Definitely book essie!

Essie was so great for my recent microwedding in October 2020. In such a year of uncertainty, it was so great to be able to rely on Essie to provide amazing makeup for me and one of my bridesmaids. Highly recommend her for any of your makeup needs :)

Sent on 10/29/2020

Kaitlyn H. · Married on 10/02/2020

It was destiny!!

It was 1 month before my wedding when my make up artist cancelled on me. Every bride’s worst nightmare. A friend recommended Essie so I immediately check out her work and contacted her. Essie was friendly, attentive, funny, and made me feel so at ease. I am not the best at emailing and Essie continued to follow up to ensure I knew everything that I needed to know. My mother and I set up a trial and we’re BLOWN AWAY by her talent and genuineness. On the day of my wedding, Essie was a well oiled machine, keeping on schedule, and making my entire bridal and myself STUNNINGLY GORGEOUS! My bridesmaids reported that they have never felt so beautiful, not even on their own weddings. Essie made one of the most stressful mornings into fun. Light hearted, memorable times with my best friends. Even my photographer was blown away by her timeliness and professionalism. I would HIGHLY recommend Essie for any event that you want to look gorgeous for I cannot say enough good things about this amazing woman!! I so look forward to working with her in the future!!

Sent on 10/05/2020

Cara F. · Married on 09/12/2020

Thank you, Essie!

I used Essie’s services for my wedding on 9/12/20 and could not have been happier with her! Essie really took the time to get to know me during the trial and by the time it was over I felt like we had been friends for years. She is such a warm and outgoing person and you can tell she LOVES what she does. On my wedding day, Essie and her assistant came right on time and were extremely efficient at getting me, my mom, and 6 bridesmaids ready in time for the ceremony. She brought speakers to play music and helped make the getting ready experience so much fun for everyone. She uses high quality products and took so many extra precautions because of COVID-19 to make everyone feel safe. All the girls looked PERFECT and the makeup lasted all day and night.

Thank you Essie for making me feel the most beautiful I have ever felt!

Sent on 10/05/2020

Liane F. · Married on 09/10/2020

Outstanding!

Essie is amazing! She made my Wedding Day extra special. She knew what I wanted/needed and delivered exceptional results. My makeup was perfect from start to finish. I received so many compliments, it was just perfect! She is such a joy to work with. She goes that extra mile to make you feel and look your best. Even supplying me with a "touch-up" bag with all sorts of useful goodies that I didn't know I need until I did that night! I would highly recommend her to family and friends and look forward to the next time I can use her services.

Sent on 10/23/2020
  • Anna R

Anna · Married on 08/14/2020

Amazing!

Look no further for a wedding makeup artist; Essie is the best of the best! As soon as I met Essie for our trial, I knew she'd be the one to beautify me for my wedding day. Essie is talented, hilarious, down-to-earth, and just an amazing, fun person to be around. She did me and my mother's makeup for my micro wedding ceremony, and everyone couldn't stop complimenting us on how beautiful, yet natural, we looked. Our faces were absolutely flawless, just like so many of Essie's reviews describe; she creates a look so you look like yourself, just an elevated version! She also provides you with an adorable touch up kit for your big day. I can't wait for Essie to do my makeup AGAIN next year, along with my entire bridal party. Thank you Essie!!!! :)

Sent on 08/16/2020
  • Tara

Tara O. · Married on 07/25/2020

Excellent, I was so happy with her work and feel like I made a friend as well!

Essie was incredible to work with. My wedding was postponed and completely different than expected bc of Covid, but Essie made everything easy. She checked in on me several times throughout the process and was so calming and helpful. Besides all of that her talent is incredible and my makeup looked great and lasted all night. I felt like I looked like myself but better. She was also super diligent about hygiene and safe practice as far as the new guidelines. My mother and sister and flower girls looked gorgeous as well. I can't recommend Essie enough!!

Sent on 08/09/2020

Essie Cohen Makeup's reply:

I completely adore you and feel the same. You were such a beautiful bride and handled all the hurdles and changes with such grace and positivity because the most important thing was you marrying him and it was truly beautiful to be a part of it.
    xoxo
  • Jenna

Jenna · Married on 07/18/2020

Natural beauty

Essie is an amazing makeup artist and I would highly recommend her to anyone who wants to look like themselves but the absolute best version possible!

I don't normally wear a ton of makeup and have had previous experiences getting my makeup done where I look way overdone and not like myself at all. When it came to choosing the makeup artist for my wedding, I knew that I wanted to look natural and like I do everyday, just an enhanced version. A childhood friend recommended Essie and I could not have been happier with my decision to book her. Not only is she a really talented makeup artist, but she is also a super fun person and I've loved getting to know her through the wedding planning process.

Our wedding was impacted by COVID and Essie has been amazingly supportive and understanding - often caring more about how I am doing personally above anything else.

Her work is stunning and I think her true talent is apparent in that she made my 27 year old sisters look just as beautiful as my 62 year old mother. I am a HUGE crier and was nervous about my makeup lasting through the night - it also was over 90 degrees on our wedding day and we stayed outside the whole time. The makeup lasted perfectly through everything.

If you are reading this review you should go out and book Essie now. She is so fun to be around and will make you look like the best version of yourself! I feel lucky that I had her as a vendor and look forward to working with her when we have our reception in the future and for other events where I need my makeup done!

Sent on 08/08/2020

Cynthia · Married on 04/18/2020

Exceptional

Both my girls and myself had no set idea on what we wanted but we knew we didn’t want to be over done. Essie was amazing! She assessed all of our skin, knew what product to use and we all looked amazing the entire night. She gave us tips and hints to make sure our makeup lasted and even a fun trick to help with anxious nerves. With fun music in the background, our experience was nothing short of perfect on my wedding day. 10/10 recommended and will definitely be using again for any special event.

Sent on 10/06/2020

Dawn P. · Married on 03/11/2020

Dawn Pasacreta

Essie has done my makeup for me personally as well as on models for my boutique Lola. We do small shoots for our website and social media usage. She is always on time, professional and has a great happy personality. We will always continue to use her for Lola and I will always recover to anyone that’s asks for a makeup referral.

Divya A. · Married on 03/10/2020

Just book!

Listen, brides - Essie is the absolute best. Don't hesitate, and just book with her.

I booked Essie for makeup, and she provided me with so much more. Not only is she killer at her job, she's all around someone you want (and need) on your wedding team. Starting with my makeup - I've had my makeup done a few times for weddings, and no one has ever done a better job than Essie. She made me look like the dressed up version of myself. I felt comfortable and most importantly - confident! I look back on photos and am so thankful that I went with Essie. Plus, Essie was able to match my skin tone perfectly. She is also the most professional. She was incredibly responsive and made me feel safe and comfortable during COVID. She even made my incredibly picky mother happy. That is a major feat in itself!

Essie was an absolute sage - she gave me advice completely unrelated to make up - flowers, venue, hair - you name it!

I can't recommend Essie more highly. She is a joy to work with and I'm so thankful that she was available on my day. For all my future makeup needs, you know who I'll be going to :)

Sent on 12/03/2020

Essie Cohen Makeup's reply:

Awe Divya you made my year! ❤️😘thank you so much!! I’m still obsessed with your photos it was Such a beautiful day! Loved being a part of it all.

Molly Z. · Married on 03/07/2020

Book Essie NOW!!!

I used Essie for my 2-15 wedding and WOW is the first word that comes to mind. Essie is AMAZING. She went above and beyond on my wedding day to ensure that not only did I look beautiful but my entire wedding party. From the moment we met during my trial, we were able to connect and she made me feel so comfortable. She acted not only as a makeup artist on my day of but also acted as another MOH keeping me calm and on schedule. I cannot wait for more pictures to come in. Booking Essie for your future wedding will be the best thing you do! I cannot wait to use Essie for future events, she truly is the best!

Sent on 03/06/2020

Megan G. · Married on 01/30/2020

Essie is Everything!

Thank you so much Essie for making our event as beautiful as possible! She is so helpful, so flexible & so fun to work with!

S. Feiner · Married on 01/09/2020

Excellent service, easy to work with

Essie did my makeup for a black-tie event. She is a good listener and created a beautiful makeup look that fit my needs. She came prepared with different color palettes to see what worked best for me. Essie gave me a list of the items she used as well as her email address in case I had questions. I have used her for for other events .Great job!

Sent on 06/26/2020

Remy G. · Married on 12/31/2019

My favorite vendor of the day

Essie was truly my favorite person to work with for my wedding. She was more than a makeup team - she was there for anything that was needed onsite, always willing to lend a hand. I had my first trial with Essie and then worked with her for my engagement shoot, bridal shower, rehearsal dinner, and wedding. She is incredibly skilled - i have never looked better :) even my photographer commented how stunning the whole bridal party (11 ladies + family) looked - the makeup was just perfect for everyone, and the day flowed smoothly in her hands. Essie is incredibly responsive, easy to work with, and i look forward to staying in touch with her. She is a true asset to have on your wedding day and i would HIGHLY recommend her.

Sent on 01/09/2020

Essie Cohen Makeup's reply:

Awe I feel the same! The best way to end the year with you and everyone! I truly loved working with your family and friends. I didn’t wanna leave lol

Sarah T. · Married on 11/23/2019

Perfect makeup every time

Essie adapts to each face, and knows i love being bold. She works with me with the details i want and ALWAYS HAS ME looking gorgeous. From engagement shoot, to my wedding i loved my looks. Takes her time, and always has you looking amazing.

Emma S. · Married on 11/10/2019

Great experience!

Essie was great to work with. We found out about her from the planner at our venue. She was very nice and I was very happy with how I looked, as were the other family members who got their makeup done. She had us over for a trial beforehand and gave me some tips to prepare my skin ahead of time, which was very helpful. I would definitely recommend her!

Sent on 12/14/2019

Lynn M. · Married on 11/09/2019

Perfection

Essie was amazing!! Not only is she a great makeup artist but she’s a joy to be around and talk to! She brought music and made the morning so fun and also extremely efficient and relaxing. I couldn’t recommend her enough!

Sent on 12/05/2019
  • Tara

Tara M. · Married on 11/05/2019

The very best makeup artist - you will love her!

We hired Essie for a corporate event. Her prices are incredibly fair and her skill level unparalleled. She works fast and accurately, has a wonderful personality and her applications are, in a word - perfection!

Taryn A. · Married on 10/27/2019

Westchester Wedding Must

If you have a fall wedding in Westchester, it's best to book your vendors early before someone scoops them up. I was fortunate to have found Essie in early spring before my fall wedding. I went to a trial at her apartment with my sisters who bonded well with her and that was all I needed to officially book. Her confidence and calm approach helped on my wedding day! My makeup day of was fabulous and it came out well in photographs. The only makeup retouching I did that night was for my lips (you know, because eating and drinking) with her provided kit. She gives an incredible kit with things like Shout wipes which I needed after I went outside in the rain with my dress.

Sent on 12/01/2019

Erin G. · Married on 10/19/2019

Absolutely perfect!

The minute Essie stepped into my home to do my makeup for our engagement pictures, I knew she would be the one for our wedding too! Essie was sweet, personable, funny and most of all an incredibly talented makeup artist!

Essie was quick to respond, provided great tips and took care of the whole crew! I even hired her for the rehearsal dinner makeup. Essie made all looks unique and special for each occasion.

Essie was the perfect choice, I highly recommend her and can’t wait to work with her again! ❤️

Sent on 11/06/2019