Essie Cohen Makeup Reviews

Essie Cohen Makeup 6
Essie Cohen Makeup 7

Rebecca Wolfson · Married on 09/01/2019

Wedding Makeup

Essie did an AMAZING job! Everyone in my wedding party looked flawless. She also did a great job working with those with sensitive skin and paid attention to everyone’s needs. Not only is she such a skilled makeup artist but she is also a genuinely nice person. Wedding nerves got the best of me and she gave me an amazing pep talk. I will definitely use Essie for any future event!

Sent on 09/24/2019
  • Diana

Diana · Married on 08/30/2019

HIGHLY recommend- you honestly can't go wrong!

I honestly do not have enough GREAT things to say about Essie. From her personality to her professionalism to her talent, she provides outstanding work. I got married in August and Essie was able to do makeup for my wife and I last minute. What a life saver she was! We were completely calm and knew that the result would be more than we could ever imagine. I typically lack confidence in general and I am do not wear make-up daily. When I saw myself, I truly felt beautiful and confident. Same goes for my wife. We got compliments the entire day and night. Which, speaking of, everything lasted PERFECTLY all night and I am a wild dancer and all over the place.

I'm also not one to be decisive, and Essie was incredibly helpful in giving me advice, suggestions, and insight into what would fit me best. She is incredibly professional, shows up on time, and is efficient within the schedule. She even gives you a touch up kit LOADED with helpful things throughout your wedding day. It's evident that she has experience and a broad range of what she can do. You can not go wrong booking Essie for your special day. If you want to feel calm and confident in a time that can be stressful, she's your girl!!! I could go on and on. We love her and will be using her for any special events in the future!

Sent on 09/18/2019
    Essie Cohen Makeup 8

Mindy Listwa · Married on 08/18/2019

Everyone looked beautiful!

Essie is an amazing makeup artist. From the moment we spoke, she was professional, calming, sweet, and organized. Our makeup was flawless and just gorgeous! We looked natural but very glamorous. My daughter and I have sensitive skin and the products did not aggravate our skin. I was very skeptical about using lashes because my eyes are so sensitive but I tried them during my trial and now wish I can wear them everyday! Our makeup was perfect through the heat, dancing, and tears! Essie made everyone feel and look like a beautiful version of themselves. She even went out of her way to make my special needs daughter, husband and the groom feel special too. I can’t say enough about how wonderful Essie is!

Sent on 08/23/2019

Katie · Married on 07/21/2019

Gorgeous, glamorous, yet natural makeup

Essie and her team did a phenomenal job. Essie's work is an amazing combination of glamorous yet still natural (I had done a few trials with other make up artists where I felt like a cake face.) I have never seen myself look prettier, and I was so happy to see everyone look their best on the big day. My mom, who is normally super picky about makeup, was gushing about how much she loved her makeup. I looked and felt like the most beautiful version of myself.

Also, side note, my wedding was during a heat wave, as in 100 degrees outside kind of heat wave, and my makeup held the entire time. That is a miracle in and of itself.

Another thing that was great about Essie was her professionalism. She is an excellent communicator and very organized. She proactively reached out about setting up schedules for day of, sent over super helpful tips and tricks to help prep for the big day, and even gave me a great touch up kit to take to my ceremony. She was always on time and responsive (not something that is a given in the wedding industry). I really appreciated how on top of it she was, as she definitely helped alleviate a lot of stress.

Essie was an absolute joy to work with, and if I ever need my makeup done professionally again in the future, I would return to her.

Sent on 09/14/2019
    Essie Cohen Makeup 9

Elizabeth · Married on 05/04/2019

Flawless Makeup Artist!!

Essie is an incredibly talented Makeup Artist- and truly one of the best people to have with you on your wedding day! She helped keep me calm and laughing all morning (a difficult task on the morning of your wedding). She and her assistant were extremely efficient, and were able to get all 10 people finished with their makeup with time to spare.
    I've had my makeup done many times now, and never usually feel comfortable with how much makeup is on my face- that was not the case with Essie! My makeup looked and felt natural, but was also photo-ready all day and night. (I should also mention that I cried during the ceremony- ALOT- and my makeup stayed put!)
    Lastly, I want to point out how flawlessly Essie and her assistant worked alongside my other vendors, including the Hair Stylist, Photographer, Videographer and Wedding Coordinator.
    Thank you so much, Essie! You helped make our day absolutely perfect!

Sent on 07/24/2019
    Essie Cohen Makeup 10

Melissa Wishnia · Married on 11/10/2018

The best!!

I had such a great experience with Essie. She is super friendly, listens to what you want, and is very organized. We had 7 of us getting our makeup done on the morning of the wedding, and it was super low stress, exactly how I wanted it. We all loved our makeup and had a great time in the process!

Sent on 01/08/2019

Kelly Kressler · Married on 10/14/2018

wonderful experience

essie was amazing! she listened to what each of us wanted and we could not have been happier! she made us feels special and her attention to detail was fantastic!

Sent on 10/24/2018

Rachel · Married on 09/29/2018

Highly recommend!!

I was so glad that I booked Essie for my wedding make-up. She was a pleasure to work with -- really easy going, experienced/knowledgable, and reassuring -- and all of the girls loved the way that they looked, even those of us who were really nervous about wearing what we considered to be a lot of makeup. She made everyone look natural and gorgeous! She even squeezed in two people on the day of the wedding, who decided after seeing how beautiful a job she did on the other girls, that they wanted their makeup done too. And she kept people out of my face, literally, when I was in the chair for those last few quiet moments before pictures began! Flawless execution and stunning work.

Sent on 10/20/2018

Madeline · Married on 09/22/2018

A wonderful experience!! All the ladies looked so beautiful - never overdone! Looking forward to using again for another event!!

Sent on 10/02/2018

Jacqueline · Married on 06/16/2018

From the first time I met Essie for my trial until the touch-ups at my wedding - she had me laughing and talking. For the day of the wedding, she was efficient and kept us on time. She also has an amazing playlist. I am incredibly self-conscious of my skin/acne and I can honestly say - I looked more beautiful than I thought possible, while still looking like myself. But most importantly, Essie is a wonderful person, and she is the type of person you want around while you get ready for your big day.

Sent on 07/20/2018

Liza · Married on 06/02/2018

Essie and her team were great. Loved my natural look

Sent on 07/21/2018

Danielle · Married on 05/26/2018

Essie was great ! She helped make my wedding day even more special ! We all looked beautiful !

Sent on 07/20/2018

Elana · Married on 05/06/2018

Essie is an incredible makeup artist! I wanted my makeup to look natural and it did. The products felt great on my face and the makeup lasted for hours. I just got my pictures back and they look amazing because Essie did a great job making sure everyone looked perfect. Essie did makeup for 8 women and everyone was ready on time. She was very organized in advance of the day and on that morning which was very important to me. And, she made sure we all had fun getting ready.
    I'm so glad I decided to work with Essie for my special day.

Sent on 07/27/2018

Lacey · Married on 05/05/2018

My bridal party and I absolutely loved working with Essie! From my first e-mail with her, she was extremely quick to respond, professional, and kind. She worked extremely efficiently on my wedding day to get makeup done for 11 of us.. and we all looked and felt beautiful! I love Essie's make up style- natural and pretty! Essie also was just a lot of fun to be around. She brought a wonderful playlist and is so much fun to talk to and hang out with. I only have wonderful things to say about her.. hire her for your wedding!

Sent on 05/29/2018

Kate · Married on 04/14/2018

I can't say enough about the amazing experience I had working with Essie. Beyond the amazing job she did on all of our makeup, her suggestions for how to run a smooth and enjoyable wedding day were spot on. I will be suggesting her to all of my friends and family in the future!

Sent on 05/17/2018
    Essie Cohen Makeup 11
    Essie Cohen Makeup 12

Elaine · Married on 04/07/2018

Essie was an absolute pleasure to work with. From the first time we met, she made me feel super comfortable and confident that she would make me the best version of myself. I was super impressed with the make-up and it last all night long (14 hours!!). All my bridesmaids were super happy with the makeup and she was super friendly and even gave them make-up tips. I would highly recommend Essie!!!

Sent on 05/15/2018

Kerrie · Married on 03/22/2018

Essie is so incredibly talented! She did the makeup for me and my bridal party for my wedding on 3/23/18. She was timely, friendly, funny, and made us all look beautiful! She and her assistant worked seamlessly with the bridal party, so much so that we ended up being an hour ahead of schedule so we were able to relax and enjoy some down-time before heading to the venue to get ready. The makeup looked flawless and photographed perfectly. I can't thank Essie enough for how beautiful she made me look and feel on my wedding day.

Sent on 04/02/2018

Steph · Married on 12/08/2017

Essie is a true professional and a pleasure to work with. I was extremely nervous about looking too "bride like" on my wedding day. However from our first trial, Essie understood exactly the look I was going for: dewy bronzed skin and a light smoky eye. As someone who has very sensitive skin, I was also immediately impressed with the products she used. On the day, Essie kept everyone ahead of schedule and at ease with her amazing music play lists. Myself and my wedding party continued to look amazing throughout the very long day and her little touch up kit was second to none. My make-up even lasted through a very rainy photo session!

Thank you again for helping to make my day Essie and look forward to working you again soon.

Sent on 05/11/2018

Sarah · Married on 10/21/2017

Don't look any further than Essie for your bridal and entire bridal party's makeup. From the first time I emailed Essie to schedule a makeup trial, Essie was responsive, flexible, and a true professional. Having Essie do my makeup was an absolute no-brainer and was the last thing on my list of things to worry about. I knew that even if everything went wrong, I would look flawless!! Essie came with a wonderful assistant to take on 10 bridesmaids, my mother, mother-in-law and myself on the morning of the wedding. They worked quickly and everyone loved how glamorous yet "themselves" they looked. Essie was the hit of the morning at the hotel with her funny stories and great playlist to set us at ease. I have never felt more beautiful than I did on the day of my wedding and I would recommend Essie to everyone I know!

By the way, after the wedding at the hotel, I didn't have any of my clothes or make up remover wipes- nothing in our bridal suite....and I STILL looked flawless the next day at our brunch!!

Sent on 11/17/2017
    Essie Cohen Makeup 13
  • Heather

Heather · Married on 10/20/2017

Stop searching for your glam, this is it! Essie made me feel so comfortable as soon as I met her! Her confidence and skills made my day so.relaxed.! So, my MIL is in the hair business an was stressing because she has "seen it all before" and was terrified when I told her that it was just going to be Essie and an assistant for 12 girls the morning of our 4pm wedding. Personally, I knew I was in good hands, but boy was MIL nervous; She wanted me hire another artist as back up! Seriously! The morning of, she witnessed each girl (and woman) walk away looking like the most light and bright glamorous versions of themselves. Then she turned to Essie when she realized we were actually ahead of schedule and the quality was outstanding, and said "I admit, I was wrong!" Wow! Not only does Essie have the experience, talent and professionalism to hold you and your girls down, but she has such vast knowledge of the industry that she was willing extend herself with helping with timelines and additional vendor referrals. So ladies, if you want to keep your chill and feel beautiful, contact her today. I mean it!

Sent on 11/20/2017
    Essie Cohen Makeup 14

Jenna · Married on 07/14/2017

WOW, I used Essie for my wedding and for all of my bridesmaids and mother in law and she was beyond amazing. She is an extremely talented individual and I am SO incredibly grateful to her for the wonderful job!! I had heard about Essie initially through a friend and heard she was excellent, created very natural looks, and was very careful to use holistic products for anyone sensitive.

We had a fantastic trial and I didn't have to change anything - she NAILED IT! She enhances every woman's natural beauty - I felt like a model, my makeup was perfection, and my bridesmaids were all raving about their makeup too - they all looked stunning. Essie can take any skin tone or age and make a woman feel and look stunning. Everyone's makeup lasted all night and everyone looked essentially like the best version of themselves - exactly what you want!!

Essie is also such a speedy responder, and is an incredibly organized businesswoman. I loved working with her prior to the big day and then on the day itself she created such a relaxed and fun atmosphere for the girls - playing music, having fun. She also does every woman's makeup herself, even though she can bring an assistant to help her clean brushes and prep.

I would consider her a friend now and will absolutely use her again next time I want makeup done!

Just AMAZING - every bride can stop looking! Adore you Essie! xo J

Sent on 08/24/2017

Rachel · Married on 06/17/2017

Essie was amazing! She was super punctual and all set up and ready to go by the time me and my bridal party arrived at the venue to get ready. Everyone was raving about how gorgeous yet natural their makeup looked. None of us wear a ton of makeup normally, so this was perfect - we were transformed into supermodels but still felt like ourselves! Also, she has the best playlist. So glad I chose her!

Sent on 07/03/2017

Christine · Married on 06/16/2017

Essie did an amazing job on my three sisters and me for my wedding ceremony. I have had my makeup done a number of times for friends' weddings, and I've never loved the way my make up looked. I *loved* the way Essie did my make up, and the way my sisters looked. Natural and beautiful with just the right amount of "glam."

Also, I had never worn fake lashes before, and I was nervous about it, but now I don't know if I can ever get my make up done without them again. Essie is an artist, and you cannot go wrong booking her for your event. I would book her again in a heartbeat, and will recommend her to anyone I come across who is looking for a make up artist.

Sent on 07/08/2017

Alexandra · Married on 06/04/2017

Essie did a phenomenal job on the makeup for me and my bridesmaids! She made everyone look their best by keeping it very natural and enhancing what made each one of us beautiful. Despite rain on my wedding day and crying through my dad's speech, Essie's makeup stayed perfect all day and night. She also provided a touch-up kit which was amazing! Essie was so fun to have around that day and brought an awesome playlist that made us dance around while getting ready. Highly recommend!!!

Sent on 08/24/2017

BB · Married on 05/31/2017

Essie Cohen is an amazing artist! She was one of my favorite wedding vendors. I didn't have a lot of time to plan my wedding and Essie was actually an invaluable resource in figuring out the day's scheduling. Before meeting for my trial run, we communicated about my sensitive skin concerns. She reassured me by checking her products for potential allergens. She was really conscious of my needs as a client.

She is such a helpful and calming presence for the hectic wedding morning. Her assistant Madison was sweet and helpful for the hectic morning.

Besides her great attitude, she is just an extremely talented makeup artist. She has good taste so you can feel comfortable leaving yourself in her hands and the details up to her. I felt so amazing once Essie had worked her magic on me. My bridesmaids looked incredible and full of confidence. My cousins told me that I looked like myself at my wedding which is such a high compliment to Essie's aesthetic. I'm so glad that Essie was part of my wedding!

Sent on 06/21/2017