109 Reviews for Xpressivefaces makeup by Essie

Consultations (4)
Contour Makeup (4)
Natural Makeup (2)
108 Xpressivefaces makeup by Essie Reviews

My bridal party and I absolutely loved working with Essie! From my first e-mail with her, she was extremely quick to respond, professional, and kind. She worked extremely efficiently on my wedding day to get makeup done for 11 of us.. and we all looked and felt beautiful! I love Essie's make up style- natural and pretty! Essie also was just a lot of fun to be around. She brought a wonderful playlist and is so much fun to talk to and hang out with. I only have wonderful things to say about her.. hire her for your wedding!

Profile Picture Lacey, 5/5/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

I can't say enough about the amazing experience I had working with Essie. Beyond the amazing job she did on all of our makeup, her suggestions for how to run a smooth and enjoyable wedding day were spot on. I will be suggesting her to all of my friends and family in the future!

Profile Picture Kate, 4/14/18, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Essie was an absolute pleasure to work with. From the first time we met, she made me feel super comfortable and confident that she would make me the best version of myself. I was super impressed with the make-up and it last all night long (14 hours!!). All my bridesmaids were super happy with the makeup and she was super friendly and even gave them make-up tips. I would highly recommend Essie!!!

Profile Picture Elaine, 4/7/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Essie is so incredibly talented! She did the makeup for me and my bridal party for my wedding on 3/23/18. She was timely, friendly, funny, and made us all look beautiful! She and her assistant worked seamlessly with the bridal party, so much so that we ended up being an hour ahead of schedule so we were able to relax and enjoy some down-time before heading to the venue to get ready. The makeup looked flawless and photographed perfectly. I can't thank Essie enough for how beautiful she made me look and feel on my wedding day.

Profile Picture Kerrie, 3/22/18, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Group Services, Makeup, Makeup Trial, Wedding Party Makeup

Essie is a true professional and a pleasure to work with. I was extremely nervous about looking too "bride like" on my wedding day. However from our first trial, Essie understood exactly the look I was going for: dewy bronzed skin and a light smoky eye. As someone who has very sensitive skin, I was also immediately impressed with the products she used. On the day, Essie kept everyone ahead of schedule and at ease with her amazing music play lists. Myself and my wedding party continued to look amazing throughout the very long day and her little touch up kit was second to none. My make-up even lasted through a very rainy photo session!

Thank you again for helping to make my day Essie and look forward to working you again soon.

Profile Picture Steph, 12/8/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Don't look any further than Essie for your bridal and entire bridal party's makeup. From the first time I emailed Essie to schedule a makeup trial, Essie was responsive, flexible, and a true professional. Having Essie do my makeup was an absolute no-brainer and was the last thing on my list of things to worry about. I knew that even if everything went wrong, I would look flawless!! Essie came with a wonderful assistant to take on 10 bridesmaids, my mother, mother-in-law and myself on the morning of the wedding. They worked quickly and everyone loved how glamorous yet "themselves" they looked. Essie was the hit of the morning at the hotel with her funny stories and great playlist to set us at ease. I have never felt more beautiful than I did on the day of my wedding and I would recommend Essie to everyone I know!

By the way, after the wedding at the hotel, I didn't have any of my clothes or make up remover wipes- nothing in our bridal suite....and I STILL looked flawless the next day at our brunch!!

Profile Picture Sarah, 10/21/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Fake Lashes, Makeup Trial, On-Site Makeup, Wedding Party Makeup, Group Services, Makeup

Stop searching for your glam, this is it! Essie made me feel so comfortable as soon as I met her! Her confidence and skills made my day so.relaxed.! So, my MIL is in the hair business an was stressing because she has "seen it all before" and was terrified when I told her that it was just going to be Essie and an assistant for 12 girls the morning of our 4pm wedding. Personally, I knew I was in good hands, but boy was MIL nervous; She wanted me hire another artist as back up! Seriously! The morning of, she witnessed each girl (and woman) walk away looking like the most light and bright glamorous versions of themselves. Then she turned to Essie when she realized we were actually ahead of schedule and the quality was outstanding, and said "I admit, I was wrong!" Wow! Not only does Essie have the experience, talent and professionalism to hold you and your girls down, but she has such vast knowledge of the industry that she was willing extend herself with helping with timelines and additional vendor referrals. So ladies, if you want to keep your chill and feel beautiful, contact her today. I mean it!

Profile Picture Heather, 10/20/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Contour Makeup, Eye Makeup, Fake Lashes, Makeup Trial, Natural Makeup, On-Site Makeup, Wedding Party Makeup, Consultations, Group Services, Makeup

WOW, I used Essie for my wedding and for all of my bridesmaids and mother in law and she was beyond amazing. She is an extremely talented individual and I am SO incredibly grateful to her for the wonderful job!! I had heard about Essie initially through a friend and heard she was excellent, created very natural looks, and was very careful to use holistic products for anyone sensitive.

We had a fantastic trial and I didn't have to change anything - she NAILED IT! She enhances every woman's natural beauty - I felt like a model, my makeup was perfection, and my bridesmaids were all raving about their makeup too - they all looked stunning. Essie can take any skin tone or age and make a woman feel and look stunning. Everyone's makeup lasted all night and everyone looked essentially like the best version of themselves - exactly what you want!!

Essie is also such a speedy responder, and is an incredibly organized businesswoman. I loved working with her prior to the big day and then on the day itself she created such a relaxed and fun atmosphere for the girls - playing music, having fun. She also does every woman's makeup herself, even though she can bring an assistant to help her clean brushes and prep.

I would consider her a friend now and will absolutely use her again next time I want makeup done!

Just AMAZING - every bride can stop looking! Adore you Essie! xo J

Profile Picture Jenna, 7/14/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Eye Makeup, Fake Lashes, Makeup Trial, Natural Makeup, On-Site Makeup, Wedding Party Makeup, Consultations, Group Services, Makeup

Essie was amazing! She was super punctual and all set up and ready to go by the time me and my bridal party arrived at the venue to get ready. Everyone was raving about how gorgeous yet natural their makeup looked. None of us wear a ton of makeup normally, so this was perfect - we were transformed into supermodels but still felt like ourselves! Also, she has the best playlist. So glad I chose her!

Profile Picture Rachel, 6/17/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Essie did an amazing job on my three sisters and me for my wedding ceremony. I have had my makeup done a number of times for friends' weddings, and I've never loved the way my make up looked. I *loved* the way Essie did my make up, and the way my sisters looked. Natural and beautiful with just the right amount of "glam."

Also, I had never worn fake lashes before, and I was nervous about it, but now I don't know if I can ever get my make up done without them again. Essie is an artist, and you cannot go wrong booking her for your event. I would book her again in a heartbeat, and will recommend her to anyone I come across who is looking for a make up artist.

Profile Picture Christine, 6/16/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Essie was fantastic!! My makeup was so glamorous and elegant, as were my bridesmaids and our mothers. Essie and her assistant were on time and super efficient. They finished us ahead of schedule which I was THRILLED about. I would highly recommend her for any wedding or event. It was great working with her. She and Britt, our hairstylist, worked as an amazing team together.

Profile Picture Lauren, 6/10/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Eye Makeup, Fake Lashes, Makeup Trial, On-Site Makeup, Wedding Party Makeup, Consultations, Group Services, Makeup

Essie did a phenomenal job on the makeup for me and my bridesmaids! She made everyone look their best by keeping it very natural and enhancing what made each one of us beautiful. Despite rain on my wedding day and crying through my dad's speech, Essie's makeup stayed perfect all day and night. She also provided a touch-up kit which was amazing! Essie was so fun to have around that day and brought an awesome playlist that made us dance around while getting ready. Highly recommend!!!

Profile Picture Alexandra, 6/4/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Essie Cohen is an amazing artist! She was one of my favorite wedding vendors. I didn't have a lot of time to plan my wedding and Essie was actually an invaluable resource in figuring out the day's scheduling. Before meeting for my trial run, we communicated about my sensitive skin concerns. She reassured me by checking her products for potential allergens. She was really conscious of my needs as a client.

She is such a helpful and calming presence for the hectic wedding morning. Her assistant Madison was sweet and helpful for the hectic morning.

Besides her great attitude, she is just an extremely talented makeup artist. She has good taste so you can feel comfortable leaving yourself in her hands and the details up to her. I felt so amazing once Essie had worked her magic on me. My bridesmaids looked incredible and full of confidence. My cousins told me that I looked like myself at my wedding which is such a high compliment to Essie's aesthetic. I'm so glad that Essie was part of my wedding!

Profile Picture BB, 5/31/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Eye Makeup, Fake Lashes, Makeup Trial, On-Site Makeup, Wedding Party Makeup, Makeup

Essie helped me out of a real jam! I was a little too laissez-faire about my wedding planning and left my makeup trial until the month before. Low and behold, I hated how my intial makeup artist did my face… the look was uncomfortable and cakey; I was certain I could do better myself. Luckily Essie is a good friend of my matron-of-honor, I was annoyed that I hadn’t thought of her first! I reached out and we quickly got a trial on the calendar, I didn’t necessarily need it because I knew I liked Essie’s work as she had done me at a prior wedding, but just to ease our minds we went ahead. I’ve never felt more beautiful than I did on my wedding day… as one of my bridesmaids commented, my skin looked like an SK-II ad. If you want good skin, you need to go to Essie. Her makeup is light and comfortable, with a fresh dewy effect. If only I could replicate this look on myself. Her eye game is on point as well, I had a subtly smokey eye, enough to look special, but definitely not overkill, and everything I was going for. If you want to not panic about how you’ll look on your wedding day, hire Essie... she’s fun (was equipped with an awesome getting ready play list), talented, uses great products, and is easy to work with!

Profile Picture Christine, 5/28/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

My mother found Essie for me and she was amazing! I had 9 bridesmaids that needed their makeup done plus my mother. She was able to get everyone done in time making my morning stress - free. My makeup was flawless along with everyone else's and lasted the entire day and night .. tears and all. She worked with my mom and made a schedule so the morning would run smoothly which worked out perfectly. She also found my hairstylists Brittany who was equally amazing. I felt and looked like a princess and I'm forever grateful for them!! Thank you so much Essie!!

Profile Picture Chelsea, 4/21/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Essie did an amazing job on my makeup for my wedding day! My makeup lasted all day and looked amazing in the pictures. My bridesmaid and family looked gorgeous, they also loved Essie's work. My mother in law and sister in law even had Essie do their makeup again when attending another wedding. I can't say enough good things about Essie. She was easy to get in touch with and returned emails promptly. She was very professional, the day of the wedding she arrived early. Thank you Essie for making my day so special!

Profile Picture Kaitlin, 4/15/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Eye Makeup, Fake Lashes, Makeup Trial, On-Site Makeup, Wedding Party Makeup, Group Services, Makeup

Essie was truly a pleasure to work with. As an out of town bride, Essie was completely flexible to my schedule and needs. She made sure I was comfortable and happy at the trial and on the day of. My bridesmaids, my mom, the groom's mom, and I all looked incredible and the makeup stayed on perfectly. She even gave me a little touch up kit for the day of. Essie is amazing and you definitely want to book her for your wedding!!

Profile Picture Kristin, 4/8/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

I used Essie for our wedding this weekend. I loved her the second I had my trial make-up done. She did myself, my Maid of Honor, bridesmaid and my two sister's make-up. We all looked beautiful! She was so sweet and listened to what we each wanted and made us all happy. She also helped me find the woman to do my hair and her name was Britt. It was great because they both coordinated and worked together to get us all done in perfect timing. I will definitely use Essie again to get my make-up done! The make-up lasted all day and she was nice enough to come back and even touch us up before our pictures. She was very accommodating! I loved how gorgeous I looked and would recommend Essie to anyone!

Profile Picture Kristine, 3/31/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Contour Makeup, Fake Lashes, Makeup

Essie was great to work with on my wedding day. She was so organized and applied my makeup, as well as my bridesmaids and family members, flawlessly. She made up a schedule for the day of to make sure we were not falling behind. All the girls looked beautiful and I felt glamorous. I definitely recommend Essie for wedding makeup!

Profile Picture Isabella, 10/29/16, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Makeup, Fake Lashes

Essie knows makeup! She is extremely knowledgeable, patient, honest and kind. I was nervous about makeup, as most brides are, as that is "your look" on one of the most special days of your life. Essie put my mind at ease after I saw the results of my trial. I was so happy with the beautiful natural look she gave me and was so excited to have her on my big day. She arrived early to set-up. Her calm and organized demeanor put me at ease as my bridesmaids and moms had their makeup done. I was blown away with the results! Simply stunning! After I saw my face for the first time when she completed my makeup, I was overjoyed (to say the least)! She did an even better job that morning than on my trial. I didn't think that was possible. I had many emotional moments before first look, and Essie stuck around to provide numerous complimentary touchups. She even provided my MOH with a "touch-up" bag so she could help me fix anything that might have worn off by the time the ceremony or reception came about. We didn't even wind up using the "touch-up kit," as my makeup lasted throughout the afternoon and night. I'm so happy with my decision to have Essie as my makeup artist. I would highly recommend her to any and all brides looking for a classic beauty look. Thank you so much, Essie! I'm so grateful to have worked with you!

Profile Picture Ashley, 10/22/16, 7 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

I hired Essie, as well as Britt from Hair by Britt, for my October wedding. Essie is truly talented and has a fantastic eye for makeup. Before I met Essie, I was nervous about being "too made up" up on my wedding day. I wear makeup every day, but I still wanted to look like myself on my wedding day. Essie did a great job making sure I looked natural, but also elegant, and ready for pictures. Essie is also incredibly professional and talented--the perfect combo! I highly recommend Essie for all your makeup needs, she will certainly do a beautiful job!

Profile Picture Amanda, 10/15/16, 9 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Contour Makeup, Fake Lashes, Consultations, Group Services, Makeup

Essie has been doing my makeup for years therefore when my big day arrived w/o a doubt I booked her. Essie is truly talented, professional, detail oriented and most importantly a makeup guru! Essie always knows exactly what will look fabulous on me. The day of of my wedding I wanted a natural beautiful look...She delivered what I envisioned. My makeup was gorgeous due to her special touch and lasted all day long. She made my day extra beautiful along with my bridesmaids makeup. In addition to looking fabulous she gave me a "touch up" bag for later on the day. I highly recommend Essie for your special day, she will certainly do a SUPERB job!

Profile Picture Carol, 9/24/16, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Essie was beyond amazing, professional, and overall great at what she does! She made the days leading up to my wedding, and the entire wedding day so easy! She was so accommodating, especially when I added another person for makeup the week of the wedding. Everyone looked stunning, and we got so many compliments on the makeup all through the night! The makeup also lasted all through dinner and dancing up a storm; I never had to retouch, and it still looked amazing at 2am. I would recommend Essie to anyone who wants a stress free wedding, and amazing makeup - she really made me feel so beautiful in my own skin!
Thanks Essie!!!!

Profile Picture Kellene, 9/24/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Essie was very professional, and detail oriented. You can basically tell her the look you want and she makes it look ten times better than you ever imagined. I felt so gorgeous on my wedding day and much of it had to do with Essie's amazing talent.

Profile Picture Sarah, 9/17/16, 1 Review