Essie Cohen Makeup Reviews

150 | Katonah, NY

150 Reviews for Essie Cohen Makeup

Sarah Mcanaw · Getting married on 07/05/2022

Best Experience!

I do not wear makeup on a daily basis and was a little nervous about finding a makeup artist who could give me the "natural" look I was looking for for my courthouse wedding, so I still looked and felt like myself. Essie did an amazing job, she nailed the natural look, I didn't feel like I was wearing any makeup, and it stayed perfectly set all day! To top off an amazing experience, she is the sweetest person and is so much fun to just be around. Essie is truly the best, I can't wait to work with her again next spring for my formal wedding celebration!

Sent on 08/10/2020

Julia Nadel · Getting married on 03/06/2022

Essie is the best!

Essie was absolutely amazing! She made everyone so comfortable, listened to what everyone wanted for their makeup, and made it even more beautiful than what they had originally thought. Everyone loved it! It also lasted the whole night outside in humid/hot weather, which is an absolute miracle! Given the pandemic, we had to switch all our plans several times and Essie was also so flexible and accommodating. Would recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 08/10/2020
  • Tara

Tara Oneill · Married on 07/25/2020

Excellent, I was so happy with her work and feel like I made a friend as well!

Essie was incredible to work with. My wedding was postponed and completely different than expected bc of Covid, but Essie made everything easy. She checked in on me several times throughout the process and was so calming and helpful. Besides all of that her talent is incredible and my makeup looked great and lasted all night. I felt like I looked like myself but better. She was also super diligent about hygiene and safe practice as far as the new guidelines. My mother and sister and flower girls looked gorgeous as well. I can't recommend Essie enough!!

Sent on 08/09/2020

Essie Cohen Makeup's reply:

I completely adore you and feel the same. You were such a beautiful bride and handled all the hurdles and changes with such grace and positivity because the most important thing was you marrying him and it was truly beautiful to be a part of it.
    xoxo
  • Jenna

Jenna · Married on 07/18/2020

Natural beauty

Essie is an amazing makeup artist and I would highly recommend her to anyone who wants to look like themselves but the absolute best version possible!

I don't normally wear a ton of makeup and have had previous experiences getting my makeup done where I look way overdone and not like myself at all. When it came to choosing the makeup artist for my wedding, I knew that I wanted to look natural and like I do everyday, just an enhanced version. A childhood friend recommended Essie and I could not have been happier with my decision to book her. Not only is she a really talented makeup artist, but she is also a super fun person and I've loved getting to know her through the wedding planning process.

Our wedding was impacted by COVID and Essie has been amazingly supportive and understanding - often caring more about how I am doing personally above anything else.

Her work is stunning and I think her true talent is apparent in that she made my 27 year old sisters look just as beautiful as my 62 year old mother. I am a HUGE crier and was nervous about my makeup lasting through the night - it also was over 90 degrees on our wedding day and we stayed outside the whole time. The makeup lasted perfectly through everything.

If you are reading this review you should go out and book Essie now. She is so fun to be around and will make you look like the best version of yourself! I feel lucky that I had her as a vendor and look forward to working with her when we have our reception in the future and for other events where I need my makeup done!

Sent on 08/08/2020

Dawn Pasacreta · Married on 03/11/2020

Dawn Pasacreta

Essie has done my makeup for me personally as well as on models for my boutique Lola. We do small shoots for our website and social media usage. She is always on time, professional and has a great happy personality. We will always continue to use her for Lola and I will always recover to anyone that’s asks for a makeup referral.

Molly Zung · Married on 03/07/2020

Book Essie NOW!!!

I used Essie for my 2-15 wedding and WOW is the first word that comes to mind. Essie is AMAZING. She went above and beyond on my wedding day to ensure that not only did I look beautiful but my entire wedding party. From the moment we met during my trial, we were able to connect and she made me feel so comfortable. She acted not only as a makeup artist on my day of but also acted as another MOH keeping me calm and on schedule. I cannot wait for more pictures to come in. Booking Essie for your future wedding will be the best thing you do! I cannot wait to use Essie for future events, she truly is the best!

Sent on 03/06/2020

Megan Goldschein · Married on 01/30/2020

Essie is Everything!

Thank you so much Essie for making our event as beautiful as possible! She is so helpful, so flexible & so fun to work with!

S. Feiner · Married on 01/09/2020

Excellent service, easy to work with

Essie did my makeup for a black-tie event. She is a good listener and created a beautiful makeup look that fit my needs. She came prepared with different color palettes to see what worked best for me. Essie gave me a list of the items she used as well as her email address in case I had questions. I have used her for for other events .Great job!

Sent on 06/26/2020

Remy Gordon · Married on 12/31/2019

My favorite vendor of the day

Essie was truly my favorite person to work with for my wedding. She was more than a makeup team - she was there for anything that was needed onsite, always willing to lend a hand. I had my first trial with Essie and then worked with her for my engagement shoot, bridal shower, rehearsal dinner, and wedding. She is incredibly skilled - i have never looked better :) even my photographer commented how stunning the whole bridal party (11 ladies + family) looked - the makeup was just perfect for everyone, and the day flowed smoothly in her hands. Essie is incredibly responsive, easy to work with, and i look forward to staying in touch with her. She is a true asset to have on your wedding day and i would HIGHLY recommend her.

Sent on 01/09/2020

Essie Cohen Makeup's reply:

Awe I feel the same! The best way to end the year with you and everyone! I truly loved working with your family and friends. I didn’t wanna leave lol

Sarah Tavolacci · Married on 11/23/2019

Perfect makeup every time

Essie adapts to each face, and knows i love being bold. She works with me with the details i want and ALWAYS HAS ME looking gorgeous. From engagement shoot, to my wedding i loved my looks. Takes her time, and always has you looking amazing.

Emma Savitz · Married on 11/10/2019

Great experience!

Essie was great to work with. We found out about her from the planner at our venue. She was very nice and I was very happy with how I looked, as were the other family members who got their makeup done. She had us over for a trial beforehand and gave me some tips to prepare my skin ahead of time, which was very helpful. I would definitely recommend her!

Sent on 12/14/2019

Lynn Marchiafava · Married on 11/09/2019

Perfection

Essie was amazing!! Not only is she a great makeup artist but she’s a joy to be around and talk to! She brought music and made the morning so fun and also extremely efficient and relaxing. I couldn’t recommend her enough!

Sent on 12/05/2019
  • Tara

Tara Mikolay · Married on 11/05/2019

The very best makeup artist - you will love her!

We hired Essie for a corporate event. Her prices are incredibly fair and her skill level unparalleled. She works fast and accurately, has a wonderful personality and her applications are, in a word - perfection!

Taryn Alper · Married on 10/27/2019

Westchester Wedding Must

If you have a fall wedding in Westchester, it's best to book your vendors early before someone scoops them up. I was fortunate to have found Essie in early spring before my fall wedding. I went to a trial at her apartment with my sisters who bonded well with her and that was all I needed to officially book. Her confidence and calm approach helped on my wedding day! My makeup day of was fabulous and it came out well in photographs. The only makeup retouching I did that night was for my lips (you know, because eating and drinking) with her provided kit. She gives an incredible kit with things like Shout wipes which I needed after I went outside in the rain with my dress.

Sent on 12/01/2019

Erin Greenberg · Married on 10/19/2019

Absolutely perfect!

The minute Essie stepped into my home to do my makeup for our engagement pictures, I knew she would be the one for our wedding too! Essie was sweet, personable, funny and most of all an incredibly talented makeup artist!

Essie was quick to respond, provided great tips and took care of the whole crew! I even hired her for the rehearsal dinner makeup. Essie made all looks unique and special for each occasion.

Essie was the perfect choice, I highly recommend her and can’t wait to work with her again! ❤️

Sent on 11/06/2019

Alexandria Grammas · Married on 10/17/2019

Extremely professional & talented

Essie was the makeup artist for my best friend's wedding party. As a bridesmaid, the attention is obviously not on you, but the bride! As another professional in the wedding industry, one of the things that stuck out to me the most about Essie was that she made EVERYONE involved feel super special. I have had my makeup done numerous times before, but have never felt more beautiful than when Essie worked her magic on me. The makeup lasted ALL day and showed so beautifully, both in person and in the photography. Whenever I need my makeup done again, Essie will most definitely be the artist I am reaching out to! She is extremely talented, professional and has the best energy for brides on their wedding day!

Laura Anderson · Married on 10/05/2019

Beautiful Makeup

Essie was fantastic during my trial and also on my wedding day. Not only was she truly a pleasure to chat with and have in the room, she was also incredibly prompt, professional, and flexible (not to mention my makeup along with my bridesmaids looked great-- natural and elegant). I recommend Essie without hesitation and can tell you that if you go with her, you're in good hands!

Sent on 11/29/2019

Megan · Married on 09/28/2019

Essie- the best makeup artist I know!

There’s not enough words to explain how absolutely incredible Essie is! After my initial trial with her I already felt like I knew her. She just makes you feel so comfortable and she is SO talented. Even before my wedding, she did the makeup for my sister and me for my bridal shower, as well for another wedding I was in. My girls and I could not stop raving about her the morning of my wedding. She did all 12 of us the morning of (which is unbelievable!) and she was such a hype girl the entire time. Everyone wanted her contact information. I have recommended her to so many girls since then and they would vouch for her the same way. I’m so excited to have her as a makeup reference for the future. Everybody needs an Essie!

Sent on 10/28/2019
  • Omar

Omar · Married on 09/21/2019

Book essie asap!

Essie is simply amazing! She is quick to make you feel comfortable with the entire experience. I've had my makeup done by her for another wedding, so it was a no-brainer to have her do my makeup for my wedding. She made me feel so beautiful on one of the most important days of my life. I would 10/10 recommend Essie for any event :)

Sent on 10/28/2019

Brittany · Married on 09/14/2019

Best makeup artist in the industry

I have worked in the hair and makeup industry for 16 years + and Essie Cohen is the best makeup artist I’ve come across. Essie and I have worked together as a hair and makeup duo as far back as I can remember. When time came for my wedding, it was a no brainer that I was going to use Essie for makeup. I used Essie for my engagement shoot, bridal shower, rehearsal dinner and wedding day, without once seeing her for a trial - not even a trial for my actual wedding day, which shows how much I believe in her skill and talent. She is the type of makeup artist that can look at your face, skin color, etc., and know exactly what to do to enhance your beauty. Essie is hands down the best. She works hard and truly cares about her brides and clients. She is exceptionally talented, time efficient, generous, extremely professional and has the biggest heart. Essie Cohen for makeup is a must!!

Sent on 06/25/2020
  • Francesca

Francesca · Married on 09/07/2019

Wonderful service for my large bridal team

Essie did an amazing job with my wedding! For the most part we all wanted to look beautiful without looking or feeling like we had a ton of make up on and Essie did just that. In total, 13 of us got our make up done, and everyone was more than pleased. She was quick to answer, prompt, easy going to work with the day of, and did amazing work! I felt so flawless and still looked like myself. The morning of the wedding we worked hard to make sure it felt calm even with so many of us, and Essie was really helpful with that too. She was even ahead of schedule! Now that I have my pictures back I’m even more pleased with how everyone looks in those! She truly enhanced everyone’s natural beauty making us all feel so confident! Is highly recommend her for all your make up needs!

Sent on 10/30/2019

Rebecca Wolfson · Married on 09/01/2019

Wedding Makeup

Essie did an AMAZING job! Everyone in my wedding party looked flawless. She also did a great job working with those with sensitive skin and paid attention to everyone’s needs. Not only is she such a skilled makeup artist but she is also a genuinely nice person. Wedding nerves got the best of me and she gave me an amazing pep talk. I will definitely use Essie for any future event!

Sent on 09/24/2019
  • Diana

Diana · Married on 08/30/2019

HIGHLY recommend- you honestly can't go wrong!

I honestly do not have enough GREAT things to say about Essie. From her personality to her professionalism to her talent, she provides outstanding work. I got married in August and Essie was able to do makeup for my wife and I last minute. What a life saver she was! We were completely calm and knew that the result would be more than we could ever imagine. I typically lack confidence in general and I am do not wear make-up daily. When I saw myself, I truly felt beautiful and confident. Same goes for my wife. We got compliments the entire day and night. Which, speaking of, everything lasted PERFECTLY all night and I am a wild dancer and all over the place.

I'm also not one to be decisive, and Essie was incredibly helpful in giving me advice, suggestions, and insight into what would fit me best. She is incredibly professional, shows up on time, and is efficient within the schedule. She even gives you a touch up kit LOADED with helpful things throughout your wedding day. It's evident that she has experience and a broad range of what she can do. You can not go wrong booking Essie for your special day. If you want to feel calm and confident in a time that can be stressful, she's your girl!!! I could go on and on. We love her and will be using her for any special events in the future!

Sent on 09/18/2019

Mindy Listwa · Married on 08/18/2019

Everyone looked beautiful!

Essie is an amazing makeup artist. From the moment we spoke, she was professional, calming, sweet, and organized. Our makeup was flawless and just gorgeous! We looked natural but very glamorous. My daughter and I have sensitive skin and the products did not aggravate our skin. I was very skeptical about using lashes because my eyes are so sensitive but I tried them during my trial and now wish I can wear them everyday! Our makeup was perfect through the heat, dancing, and tears! Essie made everyone feel and look like a beautiful version of themselves. She even went out of her way to make my special needs daughter, husband and the groom feel special too. I can’t say enough about how wonderful Essie is!

Sent on 08/23/2019

Christine · Married on 07/27/2019

Incredible

Essie is an incredible makeup artist. She made all of my bridesmaids and myself look absolutely stunning. The quality of makeup is outstanding. Essie also has a great personality which makes your makeup experience even more enjoyable. She is extremely efficient and professional she helped make my wedding day even better by making me not have to worry at all. Essie truly cares about her clients and making them happy. Thank you Essie!!

Sent on 10/29/2019