Essie Cohen Makeup Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2014 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2012 Winner

Amy Z. Married on 09/24/2022

Wonderful experience!

Daniela was excellent with all of our makeup. She was caring, patient and very helpful.
    Erin K. Married on 09/10/2022

Book Haley for your Wedding ASAP! You Won’t Regret It

Essie’s team was recommended by a friend who did my sister’s wedding hair and makeup and I’m so happy she did! From the trial with Haley, I knew she would be the best fit for making me & my bridal party feel confident and beautiful on my wedding day, especially for us girls who want to look like ourselves and natural. The products she used lasted the entire day and night, through sweat and (happy) tears. I felt like I was at a spa getting a facial because that’s how relaxing the experience was the morning of my big day. I even had bridesmaids who had terrible experiences being in other weddings who felt amazing after working with Haley and getting pampered. I am recommending Haley to anyone getting married in the NY, NJ, and CT area - you will absolutely not be disappointed! Thank you for making me feel like the best version of myself - starting my wedding day with Haley was relaxing & fun! Can’t wait to plan a makeup lesson with her in the future! Xoxo, Erin
    Alexa C. Married on 08/28/2022

Essie Cohen Wedding Makeup Artist

Essie Cohen was an incredible makeup artist!! She and her assistant were so professional and experienced, it was a joy to work with her. From the trial to the wedding day, Essie made everything seamless and even sent a care package before my wedding day and gave me a great to go bag on the day of for every little thing I could need on my special day. Her makeup skills are incredible and helped me and my bridesmaids look our best with a beautiful natural look. She gave me the confidence I wanted on the big day! I will be recommending her to everyone!!
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
    Lori D. Married on 08/27/2022

Essie was incredible!

Essie is so amazing, she did six of my bridesmaids, my mother, and mine’s makeup, and we all got compliments all night! One of my friends said “it looks like my face has a filter on it!” The makeup style is very natural and my photographs came out beautifully!! Thank you so much Essie!!
    Rebecca B. Married on 07/31/2022

Essie Cohen Makeup = The BEST wedding decision you will make

I knew that Essie and her team had to be a part of my wedding before I got engaged, she did my sister's wedding 5 years earlier. As soon as we started looking at dates, I consulted Essie to make sure that she was available. Having Essie and her team was essential to the day running smoothly and everyone looking and feeling their best. Essie is experienced, organized and knows what she is doing. Not only did all my ladies feel and look beautiful, our makeup lasted ALL day on a HOT Sunday in the middle of the summer.

I have a lot of skin allergies and Essie worked with me in the lead up to my wedding day to make sure that everything would be perfect. Her knowledge, patience, experience and kindness know, no bounds. She now has her own makeup line, which is full of incredible products.

Wedding morning can be stressful, but getting to our venue to find Essie and her team setup and ready to go was so calming. Because of her experience, she knew what was needed on wedding day before I did. I am so lucky to have gotten to work with Essie on my wedding. Don't think twice, just book Essie. It is the best and easiest wedding planning decision you will make!
  • Sabrina
    Sabrina H. Married on 07/30/2022

Experience with Essie!

My experience with Essie for my wedding was amazing. Not only was she fun to hang out with the day of, but she did a beautiful job giving me a natural, but elevated look. I felt so beautiful all day, and I was never worried about my make up for a second. She made everything so seamless and I am so grateful! I would definitely recommend her.
    Kelly Married on 07/23/2022

Amazing !!! Just book her

Don’t even think twice just book Essie! She is beyond amazing and I had everyone complimenting me all night asking for my makeup artist
    Kimberly C. Married on 07/08/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Amazing from start to finish!

I cannot express enough how wonderful and talented Essie is! From the make up trial to my wedding day, she was beyond helpful and such a pleasure to be around. Her talent is unexplainable, she knew exactly what I wanted, what would look best, and her work is so natural and not overdone! I felt so beautiful on my wedding day!
    Sarah M. Married on 07/05/2022

Best Experience!

I do not wear makeup on a daily basis and was a little nervous about finding a makeup artist who could give me the "natural" look I was looking for for my courthouse wedding, so I still looked and felt like myself. Essie did an amazing job, she nailed the natural look, I didn't feel like I was wearing any makeup, and it stayed perfectly set all day! To top off an amazing experience, she is the sweetest person and is so much fun to just be around. Essie is truly the best, I can't wait to work with her again next spring for my formal wedding celebration!
    Emily S. Married on 07/03/2022

Fantastic Wedding Makeup

Essie and her team did fantastic makeup for not only me, but for my whole bridal party. I always worried about my makeup looking overdone, but Essie's approach created a beautiful natural look that highlighted our best features. She is so organized and responsible!
  • Lindsay
    Lindsay R. Married on 06/25/2022

Absolutely LOVED Essie

Essie was amazing! It was an absolute pleasure working with her and we loved the makeup that she did for everyone in the wedding party! She made getting ready the day of the wedding so fun, enjoyable, and stress free.
  • Ellen
    Ellen N. Married on 06/19/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Stop looking, just book Essie. You won't regret it.

Essie was recommended to me by multiple friends, and from the trial it was easy to see why. She is not only a talented makeup artist, but she is also wonderful to talk to, and made me feel so at ease on my wedding day. I repeatedly told people that of all of the vendors I booked for my wedding, she was the one I felt most confident and comfortable with. She is a great listener, and wonderful person. I didn't have to say anything the day of the wedding, and she knew exactly what she needed to do. I have had my makeup done now as a bridesmaid a few times, and Essie did the best by far. Could not recommend her more.
  • Kerry
    Kerry W. Married on 06/17/2022

Highly Recommend

Essie and her team was great from start to finish! Essie came from a recommendation, where there was nothing but positive things said. She does amazing work - she did my makeup, my mother, plus ten bridesmaids. She was done with all 12 of us in less than 4 hours and had us all looking absolutely beautiful! Throughout my wedding day we all received numerous comments on how we all looked beautiful and how natural and glamourous our makeup looked. Essie came with a schedule, which made getting ready a breeze! You must book Essie and her team for your wedding makeup!
  • Eryka
    Eryka V. Married on 06/13/2022

Felt Beautiful on the Best Day of My Life

I had such a wonderful experience with Essie! Not only did she arrive early, answer all my questions during the process (trial to wedding day), have the best wedding day playlist...the day of the wedding, she made my whole wedding party feel beautiful and relaxed. Riley was also there with us and was wonderful. We all had such a great time chatting as we each got ready and everything flowed so smoothly. My favorite moment was when we all started singing "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" together from Essie's playlist. All our makeup looked so beautiful and made us feel our best. Thank you, Essie!
  • Timor
    Timor B. Married on 06/11/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Essie & her team are an absolute dream to work with!

Essie and her team are exceptionally talented and also make the day for the bride and wedding party so special.

I have known Essie since she first did my makeup during our sweet 16 days. It was a full circle moment for her to be able to do my makeup on my wedding day. Not only is she incredibly warm & makes you feel so special, but everyone's makeup was stunning.

She enhances everyone's natural beauty and makes everyone look like themselves. That was super important for me when picking up a makeup artist for my wedding. I wanted my makeup and all my bridesmaids makeup to feel natural and not cake-y... a beautiful glazed donut, if you will... I have since received so many compliments on everyone's makeup. Truly, everyone looked beautiful. Also Essie can do this with minimal direction. She can look at someone's face and know what to do and how to do it.

It also helps with a big wedding party that Essie works so efficiently. I never felt stressed about timing or if we would get everything done in time.

And on top of all of this, Essie and her team could not be nicer & more helpful. There are a ton of moving parts during a wedding day and Essie goes beyond her scope to make sure things are going smoothly for the bride, mother of the bride & wedding party. Essie calmed me when I got a migraine, made sure I had water, helped my mom get dressed... the list goes on. She was an absolute dream to have by our side on that day.

Choosing Essie to be my makeup artist for my wedding was one of the best decisions I made! I would recommend her to anyone!!

Essie Cohen Makeup's reply:

I love you! So happy to have been a part of this amazing weekend for you and Zach. I’ll truly treasure it forever.
    Mary B. Married on 06/05/2022

Beautiful work!

Essie did the makeup for my bridal party in June and did a wonderful job. Everyone walked away feeling beautiful and she helped a few who are younger and more self-conscious. She was able to handle the schedule being behind with ease and knew just what to do when the stress level started to get high. From signing a contract, the trial, and the day of - everything was smooth and easy - and her work was absolutely beautiful!
    Jessica Married on 06/04/2022

Best makeup artist ever!

Essie is a truly EXCEPTIONAL human being. The moment I met her, we had an instant connection and I felt so relaxed in her presence. Essie and her team helped to make my rehearsal dinner and my big day perfect. She made myself, my bridesmaids, and family look and feel their absolute best. Throughout the process, Essie was supportive, quick to respond to emails and extremely organized. Essie and her team had 15 faces to do, which caused me a bit if stress. However, she got the job done with extra time to spare. Each bridesmaid had personal conversations with her while music was playing, which added an extra level of FUN to the day. She and her team took the time to apply the proper makeup to each face and differentiated based on what each girl wanted. The best part was that each girl, including myself, looked naturally beautiful and no one had that too much makeup look. Essie cares deeply about her clients and they become more than just clients to her - Essie will now be my go to for any future event as well as my bridesmaids future events (fun fact: she is doing my sister AND my best friends makeup for their weddings now!). She is the best at what she does and I my special day wouldn’t have been what it was without her.
    Rebecca Married on 05/22/2022

Highly recommend!

Essie was absolutely fantastic from our initial conversation, to the trial and finally to the wedding day. She made me glow in the best way possible - a more glamorous, but natural version of myself. Essie has such a great personality, which made the wedding day a breeze and fun. I definitely would recommend to anyone!
    Susan A. Married on 05/14/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Highly Recommend Essie Cohen!

Essie Cohen is a joy to work with and did an incredible job for my May 2022 wedding! There were 13 of us who had our makeup done that day & everyone was extremely happy with the results. My makeup lasted the whole day. On top of that, Essie is so friendly & fun to be around! She made my day even more special. I would highly recommend Essie to anyone considering her for their wedding. You will not be disappointed! Thank you Essie for a truly wonderful experience. :)
    Haley C. Married on 05/07/2022

Essie is the best!!

Essie was amazing from start to finish. Her and her team are super responsive and really take time to listen to what you want. Wedding make up especially can be so heavy and look unnatural, but my wedding make up was absolute perfection - everything I wanted and more! Would hire her again and again for all make up needs!
    Amy N. Married on 04/24/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Better than I could have imaged!

Essie and her team were so great. Efficient, genuine, and made us all look beautiful! Everyone was so happy with how their makeup turned out. I will recommend Essie to everyone!!
    Sarah B. Married on 04/01/2022

The absolute BEST

Essie was probably my favorite person to work with on my wedding day! I was so obsessed with how not only my makeup turned out but all of my bridesmaids, but my makeup was PERFECT and lasted all day/night. I couldn't recommend Essie more and really hope that I get the chance to work with her again in the future.
  • Rachel
    Rachel S. Married on 03/05/2022

11/10! Must hire!!

Essie is a brilliantly talented artist. She truly loves her work, has an incredible eye, and will absolutely help you look your best on your special day. No matter your comfort level with makeup, she will listen to you and makes your vision a reality.

Her 'chair-side' manner is perfect and will put anyone at ease! My sisters-in-law and I felt so pretty for my wedding, but still like I looked like myself. You're in literal good hands with this one.
    Amy Z. Married on 02/01/2022

I love Essie!

I cannot say enough great things about Essie! After she did my makeup for my sister-in-laws wedding, I knew I had to hire her for my own bridal shower and wedding. She really listened to me and made me feel so comfortable, which is so important on your stressful wedding day. She is personable, professional, and so talented!
    Jessica P. Married on 01/15/2022

Amazing Work!

Essie did my make-up and my wedding party's for my wedding day and she did a phenomenal job. She made me look stunning and the look was just how I wanted. She was professional and kind and even kept everyone moving and on time! Anyone that hires her is in good hands! I will definitely use her again in the future!
illustration stars