Wyndham Grand Chicago Riverfront Reviews

24 | Chicago, IL

24 Reviews for Wyndham Grand Chicago Riverfront

24 Wyndham Grand Chicago Riverfront Reviews

Anthony · Married on 09/01/2018

The Wyndham Grand staff helped make our wedding weekend an amazing experience! The hotel and terrace were beautiful...located right by the river walk and the terrace had 39th floor views of the entire downtown skyline and river. We couldn't have been happier we made the choice to have our ceremony there!

Sent on 09/12/2018

Wyndham Grand Chicago Riverfront's reply:

I am so excited that we could be a part of your day. It was our pleasure and we look forward to seeing you both again for your anniversaries to come! From all of us.. Congratulations!!

Emily · Married on 08/04/2018

This venue is amazing! Everything from the booking process to the end of the wedding night was so easy and perfect! Erin is fantastically real, honest, and responsive. She made the booking process a breeze. Brianna is truly a wonder. She does everything to make the night special, and takes all the stress off of the bride and groom and puts together a spectacular event. The food was tremendous, and none of our guests wanted the party to end. Unbeatable views and top of the notch staff. I could not recommend the Wyndham enough!

Sent on 09/08/2018

Alex · Married on 07/14/2018

The Wyndham was the perfect place to hold an intimate and unforgettable wedding. Brianna Wayne, the event manager at the Wyndham was like a second wedding planner and was instantly able to make sure everything was exactly as expected. There wasn't a single detail missed and we couldn't be happier. The guests all commented on how fantastic the food and service was and the cake was delicious too (Bittersweet Pastry). The terrace is stunning and made an excellent location for a photo shoot before the reception at dusk. If you're looking for memories that truly last a lifetime look no further. Overlooking the Chicago River, being among the skyscrapers, and the impeccable service are unparalleled.

Brad · Married on 07/07/2018

Hosting our wedding at the Wyndham Grand Chicago Riverfront Hotel was a dream. Our wedding of about 108 guests was held in July 2018 in the penthouse of the hotel. We held our ceremony out on the penthouse patio while the reception moved indoors.

From the promotional pictures and videos, you can tell that the room and its views are breathtaking—especially at dusk as the sun retreats behind the gorgeous Chicago skyline. What those images fail to convey, however, is the care and detail that the hotel’s wedding staff infuse into their wedding hosting. The event manager, Brianna Wayne, is fantastic to work with; not only is she organized and patient, but she brought a genuine empathy and care to our event that my fiancé and I found exceptionally moving. Brianna moved mountains to ensure that our day was special—from making last minute centerpiece suggestions to facilitating an entirely dairy-free menu for our dietary restrictions.

Brianna’s passion for details was mirrored at all levels of the Wyndham staff. Our menu was exceptional—try the Mushroom Risotto, it’s fantastic! —and the kitchen was patient and flexible with our dietary needs. During both the setup and dinner, the catering staff were also exceptionally adaptable—even when our photography went overlong and delayed them from setting up the room. Moreover, the hotel itself is amazing. Aside from a few issues with the elevators (which were being renovated during our wedding), our rooms were amazing. The bridal suite provided ample space for my fiancé to get ready, and we were even able to use it to host our out-of-town guests throughout the week. Finally, the hotel’s central location made it perfect for everyone to travel to and enjoy Chicago-at-large.

Our wedding at the Wyndham—from planning to execution—was perfect, facilitated in no small part because of its staff of hardworking and caring individuals. Do yourself a favor, and check out the Wyndham Grand Chicago Riverfront Hotel!

Sent on 07/24/2018

Meghan · Married on 06/23/2018

WOW, I highly recommend the Wyndham Grand Penthouse Ballroom- the view of Chicago is unbeatable! I had such an amazing experience and even better than I dreamed it could be! My wedding was 4 weeks ago but I still keep receiving compliments from guests about how beautiful the wedding was. The staff is super amazing, especially Brianna Coyle- she is very organized and extremely helpful with the planning process and will make sure you have the wedding of your dreams!

Sent on 07/29/2018

Amanda · Married on 05/26/2018

This venue is amazing, but it was the staff that made it a dream!! We had the pent house terrace for or ceremony and reception inside. It's been 4 months and it's still the topic of discussion for all family and friends. Erin was amazing at getting the contract started and Brianna Coyle went above and beyond with all the details, the rehearsal, and the day of. She even hustled my dress without thinking twice! Knowing all that could go wrong in a wedding day is stressful, but with Brianna everything was exactly perfect!!! I couldn't be happier with my experience! Absolutely the best place and staff for your wedding.

Sent on 09/06/2018

Breanna · Married on 09/23/2017

My husband and I had our wedding at the Wyndham on 9/23/2017 and we both were so thrilled with how everything turned out. Its such a beautiful space, everyone couldn't stop raving about the view and the food! The favorite appetizer by far were the grilled cheese dips (so delicious!). Brianna Coyle, the coordinator there, is fantastic to work with. She will go to bat for you on any requests you make. We even had them swap out the beer in our bar package to a local brew and they had no problems! Many guests told us this was the best wedding they had ever been to. Would pick the Wyndham Grand Chicago Riverfront again in a heart beat!

Sent on 10/11/2017

Tony · Married on 06/24/2017

Best Location in Chicago!

The Wyndham penthouse and terrace has got to be one of the best locations for a ceremony/reception in Chicago. The views are just breathtaking - in every direction! This is a special place that immediately puts everyone in a great mood. We had about 100 guests, which is just about perfect for this venue. Our ceremony was outside - it was a beautiful evening (a bit windy, but guests could always duck inside and still enjoy the setting). The passed hors d'oeuvres were delicious! - and the dinner courses were great too! The interior space is just as stunning as the terrace. And Brianna was fantastic to work with! We're from out of state (which makes planning a big event difficult), but she handled everything so professionally and was a joy to work with. And Bo, the food and beverage manager, was equally wonderful to work with. It's really just a wonderful place to have an event. It should be on everyone's short list!

Sent on 07/23/2017

Brittany · Married on 03/25/2017

Brianna was everything we wanted in a catering manager. She did much more than expected from the very first day until the last. She helped with our problems, responded quickly, organized difficult situations, was always smiling, and very fun to work with. She made a stressful day relaxing and enjoyable. I would not recommend anyone but her in Chicago.
    The venue was GORGEOUS. It rained and we still enjoyed every second of being in that windowed room. The view is absolutely unbeatable in Chicago (we visited over 40 places before settling on this one). Cannot praise them enough! Bravo and we thank them for making our wedding the best day of our lives. The rehearsal and Sunday brunch were great too.
    -Brittany and Cem "Gem" Kuru

Sent on 04/30/2017

Nina · Married on 10/01/2016

I had a great experience booking my wedding at the Wyndham. Brianna was excellent and very on top of everything. She helped make sure all planning components were covered and gave me really good advice on wedding planning. On the day of the wedding, she made sure everything was executed flawlessly and I didn't have to worry about a thing.
    The Wyndham is a gorgeous venue. Would definitely recommend for those that are looking for a city wedding. The indoor and outdoor space was the perfect combination for our ceremony and reception. The venue also provides a lot of great service so made wedding planning much easier for us.

• F

Francesca · Married on 09/04/2016

Do you self a favor and don't ask questions about your wedding venue! If you are into delicious food, gorgeous views, professional service and a wedding coordinator that will make any bride feel like a princess? Look no further. Wyndham Grand River Front was amazing. My husband and I knew we wanted to get married there, we live across the street and every weekend would stare up into the beautiful space and watch weddings and events. Brianna, was amazing! Honestly, as a bride we freak about everything and she was on top of every little detail. Prior to her coming on we signed up with someone who was on their way out and as soon as that happened Grace, who is the the Director of Catering and Events, stepped in for the time being. It was seamless and Grace made us a priority every time I needed her. Brianna came on about 4 months before our wedding. And from the moment I met her, I knew my big day was going to be great! I must have emailed her 10 times a week. Sometimes just to get her opinion on a color. It never took more than a couple hours at max to get a response, even on the poor girls day off! She would meet us on Sunday nights and after her work hours during the week to look at lights and things that only I cared about while respecting that we work and needed to meet at weird hours. But absolutely most all, day of. You have two choices when you are a bride, freak about everything and miss the most important day of my life or sit back relax and enjoy the ride. I wont lie not everything went according to plan, but the minute there was a sign of anything it was like magic, all of a sudden Brianna is there and problem is solved. Mind you we got married on a day when it was 105 heat index and super storm cells raging during my cocktail hour (on the outdoor terrance!). From beginning to end she, and the entire staff at the Wyndham Grand River Front took care of us. I highly recommend their venue. It was the most perfect day!

Colleen · Married on 08/06/2016

My now husband and I were together for 14 years before we started got married and we knew as soon as we walked into the Wyndham that this was the place we wanted to celebrate our wedding and what a great experience we had! We booked with a different coordinator than Brianna - who helped us make everything possible. The transition between coordinators caused me a lot of stress when everything was happening, but the Director of Catering made sure we always felt we were taken care of. Once Brianna was on board we set up a meeting to go over all of my details and ask all of my crazy questions.. there were pages of them! Brianna was great and always had the time to answer my questions and even offered to get to get together with me three weeks before my wedding to help sort things out when I was so crazy busy with work! We worked everything out with a lot of calls and emails, but in the end everything for our special day at the hotel was exactly what I wanted it to be! If I were to plan another wedding I'd do it anywhere if Brianna was there to see it all through with me. My friends and family are still talking about how awesome the food and the view was. I can't say enough about what a great wedding we had at the Wyndham Grand! The whole team made our wedding unforgetable!

Lina · Married on 07/03/2016

My husband, Rob, and I recently got married in the Penthouse Ballroom & Terrace on July 3,2016. Brianna Coyle (our SUPERSTAR wedding specialist from the hotel) was without a doubt the most detail-oriented and helpful person I have worked with! She made sure every detail was ironed out and exactly as I had wanted it to be. She was always willing to meet and/or discuss more details and I never felt that she was too busy for my small wedding. Jessica, the banquets manager was excellent as well. She made sure all of the details were perfect and along with Brianna, checked in with us leading up to and throughout the event. Rob and I are so lucky to have had the PERFECT wedding team to help us on this very special day. I would 110% recommend this property and especially Brianna for your wedding! She is a hard-worker and go-getter and well make sure every aspect of your wedding day is flawless!

• fxcampbell

Francisco · Married on 01/23/2016

Our wedding was AMAZING. A huge shout-out to Kelly, Peter, Jessica, Mark, the Chef and all the hotel staff for making our stay and wedding truly memorable!!! Thanks a lot!!!

Julie · Married on 10/18/2015

This venue (the terrace and ballroom on the penthouse) is absolutely stunningly gorgeous. Our guests raved about our wedding "literally on the top of Chicago," and many described it as the most beautiful wedding they’ve ever attended. The food was exceptional – we’ve received compliments from guests on all three of the food options we served. And most importantly, and a handful of truly wonderful people made sure our night went perfectly. Thank you very much!

Tiffani · Married on 09/01/2013

I used this venue for my 9/1/2013 wedding and I couldn't be happier. The ballroom is located on the 39th floor of the hotel and is completely floor to ceiling windows, which gives you the most amazing view of the Chicago river and the city. The view is absolutely stunning. If you are a city person or are looking for an upscale venue then this definitely the place for you. The ballroom is not large and the hotel was originally built as an apartment building, so it doesn't have the traditional ballroom feel. As a side note, the ballroom was featured in the movie, The Dark Knight, as Bruce Wayne's penthouse. The room itself has a capcity of about a 130ish people. My wedding was small and we came nowhere near the max number so that was not a problem for me. The same space is used for the ecermony and reception and there is a smaller side area that is used for the cocktail hour, so the space is really convenient. The staff is super professional and freindly. Chelsey, the wedding coordinator at the hotel is amazing and extremely helpful. She is willing to assist in any way possible and is a great resource (even better than my hired wedding planner)! The food is beautifully presented and delicious! The chef is willing to work with you to accommodate your specific food tastes and requests. The hotel staff is super helpful and went out of their way to make sure that I was taken care of on my special day. This place is definitley a great value for the money and my guests we so impressed by the view and the space. I felt like a queen and I definitely have the people at the Wyndham Grand Chicago Riverfront to thank for that! I can't say enough good things about this venue and my guests can't stop raving about how lovely everything was. The only thing that I am sad about is that it had to end...

Laura · Married on 08/10/2013

My husband and I had our ceremony and reception at the Wyndham Grand Chicago Riverfront on August 10, 2013. From start to finish, the hotel accommodated our every need. We mostly worked with the the catering manager, Chesley Brunner, who was informative, responsive, and friendly. She sat with us during our food tasting, and helped us craft a wonderful cocktail hour and dinner menu. The hotel pull off an impressive room-flip during our cocktail hour -- they switched our ceremony set-up to a full-blown reception set-up (including a band) within 50 minutes. It was great to mingle with guests after the ceremony, and then see the amazing room transformation.

Our guests appreciated the convenience of having the ceremony, reception, and lodging all in the same location. Not to mention that the location of the hotel itself is stellar. Our guests could take full advantage of all downtown has offer -- shopping, dining, museums, theater, etc.

Finally, I can't rave enough about the breathtaking views for our ceremony and reception. We were looking for a unique space, and nothing in our price range compared to the 360-degree floor-to-ceiling windows in the 39th floor ballroom. Between Chicago's impressive architecture and all of that natural light, we had absolutely beautiful wedding photos.

If you are even remotely considering having your wedding at the Wyndham, you must go visit the 39th floor ballroom. It will blow you away.

Debra · Married on 07/26/2013

Best venue hands down! Chelsey was a very professional event planner, the food was amazing, the service was great, we loved the location and rooms, and we were able to give our daughter the wedding of her dreams within our budget. Many thanks to everyone at Hotel 71 who contributed to the success of our wedding!!!

Melissa · Married on 07/20/2013

Our wedding was on July 20, 2013 and we got married at Wyndham Grand Chicago Riverfront (Hotel 71) with Chelsey as our catering manager. The moment we first viewed the ballroom we knew it was the perfect place for our wedding. It has a gorgeous view and allows you to take in the city from the 39th floor. Chelsey and her staff are very well organized and made sure every detail was perfect. Chelsey and her staff went above and beyond our expectations setting up our space beautifully. Everything went perfect because of them. I highly recommend having your wedding at this venue.

Brett · Married on 05/24/2009

The Wyndham Chicago and its capable, easy to work with team gave us the wedding of our dreams. We had three different coordinators who helped make the day a success. Maureen, who was transferred to another Wyndham about midway through the planning process, wrote up a contract that helped us stay under budget and gave us an incredible amount of options to customize our perfect day. Then her replacement, Nell, allowed us to bring our parents to the tasting and even included special menu items from the hotel restaurant (where my husband proposed to me). Nell went on maternity leave shortly after securing a mouthwatering menu for our day, and we were left in Erin's capable hands. She got me upgraded to an enormous, glitzy suite the night before the wedding, which totally helped me relax and set my fears aside! From last minute help printing out our table numbers to providing special meals for our DJ and other event vendors to ensuring everything happened at the right time, Erin was such a help. I couldn't have asked for a better day of coordinator. She even went out of her way to get us lower rates at our honeymoon hotel! I wish every bride could have someone like Erin on their big day.

• ChicagoBride

Brett · Married on 05/24/2009

I can't say enough about the Wyndham Chicago or Erin, the coordinator responsible for my reception. Everything from the menu to the Presidential Suite they upgraded us to for the wedding night was perfect and filled with personal touches. Most of my guests were thrilled that the food "Didn't taste like regular wedding food!" They made my day perfect.

Kerry · Married on 06/25/2016

We had our wedding reception at the Wyndham and we were so pleased! It is a true gem in the middle of the city. The view from the penthouse and terrace are amazing and the staff was so accommodating to our guests. The food is good and Brianna is great to work with. Highly recommend as a wedding reception venue!

• Bridget

Bridget · Married on 11/11/2017

We had the most SPECTACULAR wedding reception at the Wyndham Grand! Brianna Coyle was our wedding coordinator, and she was simply amazing. She was extremely responsive and always willing to look into any requests that we made. I live out of state, and Brianna bent over backwards to accommodate my travel schedule while planning. Our wedding was in November, and guests STILL cannot stop raving - many said it was the best wedding they've EVER been to. Brianna and her team really went above and beyond to cater to our (and our guests') desires during our wedding. Our reception was tricky - we had too many guests to have a seated dinner in the Penthouse, but wanted those views! So we had to shuttle guests between Penthouse (cocktail hour), 6th floor Ballroom (dinner), and back up to Penthouse (first dance and rest of reception). Brianna and her staff made the process nearly painless. Throughout planning and the day of, I really felt like Brianna was personally invested in my wedding day. You won't get that everywhere! There are only a few very minor issues we had with our wedding at the Wyndham: (1) During dinner, our soup was served cold. To almost 200 people. This didn't go unnoticed, especially since we paid for both a soup and salad course. (2) The groom and I didn't get to eat any cake during dinner, and the venue didn't save us ANY. Neither the top of the cake *nor even a slice* was set aside for us to eat later. [Guests raved about the cake!] (3) Our florist gave hotel staff 2-3 centerpieces that they were instructed to give to us after the wedding. They kept them in the back of the hotel and did not notify us. Only because I texted my florist and asked if any were left did we find out. BOTTOM LINE: I would NOT hesitate ONE SECOND to host my wedding reception here again. P.S. HIGHLY RECOMMEND the Presidential Suite. Myself, 8 bridesmaids, 2 moms, and ALL our hair/makeup staff used this to get ready. Perfect, gorgeous expansive space with STUNNING city views!

Sent on 01/22/2018
    Wyndham Grand Chicago Riverfront 8
    Wyndham Grand Chicago Riverfront 9
    Wyndham Grand Chicago Riverfront 10

Wyndham Grand Chicago Riverfront's reply:

Hi Bridget! So glad hear how much you enjoyed your GRAND day with us! It was such a pleasure being a part of your wedding! Our wedding team will be reaching out to you directly in regards to your concerns. Thank you for sharing your beautiful photos.