Wyndham Deerfield Beach Resort Reviews

68 | Deerfield Beach, FL

68 Reviews for Wyndham Deerfield Beach Resort

1 User photo

Nikki · Married on 01/04/2014

I had my dream wedding! Everything was perfect!

Sent on 01/25/2014

Dixie · Married on 12/28/2013

Our daughter and her fiancé wanted a beach destination wedding in December and since we all live in Indiana that was not an option anywhere near us . After a lot of internet searching and reading of reviews, our focus was on the W yndham Deerfield Beach. I reached out for information and Mary Beth was quick to reply and answered all of our questions and was so personable. We had never been at the hotel or in area of Deerfield Beach prior to finding them on the internet but felt a peace in booking after talking to Mary Beth and reading every review I could get my fingers on. I am so happy to report that our daughter's wedding occured on Dec 28 and was perfect in every single way! Given the chance to go back in time and change things, I wouldn't change one thing! Just before 5p the clouds rolled in. Since all guests had arrived, Allyn made the call to start the wedding a little early to beat the rain. We were so grateful - a beach wedding they wanted - a beach wedding they got! It was absolutely gorgeous! Just a few drops fell and an umbrella instantly appeared over the bride's head (impressive) - the sun came out just as fast as it had left! The cocktail reception was held inside instead of poolside since the wind picked up and it was great. The fruit and cheese trays were perfect. The hors d'oeuvres served were so good! All the servers were so nice and attentive. The food (grouper and filet mignon) was fantastic! The built in sound system in the ballroom ensured the dance floor was full all night long! So fun!! It was so nice that the day of the wedding I was actually able to sit and sip wine and not stress one bit. Mary Beth, Jose and Allyn had everything in total control - we were very well taken care of. They all went above and beyond to ensure the wedding and reception were a hit! We had friends and family travel from California to New York and between. A FANTASTIC time had by all! So happy we picked Wyndham Deerfield - A perfect choice.

Sent on 01/06/2014

Jason · Married on 12/08/2013

The Wyndham at Deerfield Beach is a wonderful place for a vacation or an event like a wedding. Our stay there was extraordinary. Mary Beth was a joy to work with helping to plan our wedding. Ours was a destination wedding which is understandably difficult to coordinate across states, but with the help of Mary Beth we were able to have our big day go off without a hitch.

The views and scenery were one of the best parts of the stay. We chose this hotel for many reasons, one being that it is directly on the beach. That way when we did our processional for the beach ceremony, Joelle didn't have to drag her dress across a road like A1A. The ball room was well decorated and the food was excellent. The staff made the entire experience wonderful. The bar staff at the ocean view restaurant was courteous and remembered our names and treated us like locals. The only complaint that we had was that we didn't get any of our cake besides the cake topper. This may have a bit to do with how much fun we were having on the dance floor, but we did wish the staff had kept some of our cake for us.

Overall, the Wyndham is a wonderful place to host a wedding, whether it is a destination wedding or a local one. The staff made all the difference, especially Mary Beth and the extra effort she put forth in planning this event. We would definitely recommend the Wyndham to anyone looking for an excellent beach wedding.

- Jason

Sent on 01/12/2014

Trisha · Married on 11/01/2013

My new husband and I wanted a wedding on the beach, we looked and looked and were so thankful after finding Mary Beth and the Wyndham.

Our day could not have been any better from the ceremony on the beach to our pool/beach side reception, our servers Annie, Bonnie and Leonnie made sure everyone was accommodated and were always visible during the reception, the bartender Murat made sure the the drinks were flowing and everyone was happy.

Hats off to chef Jose, everyone commented on how tasty the food was, from the hors d'oeuvres to the main course everything was so good!

Allyn the banquet manager was spectacular, he is so caring and compassionate and made me feel like a queen, he paid attention to every detail and even made a quick decision on displaying my cake when the stand was delivered broken, no stress, he truly made sure everything was done right.

Mary Beth is a goddess, she worked with us within our budget and made sure every detail was taken care of, she assisted us with the menus, the decorations, the room accommodations, any questions I had she always had an answer, she is a true wedding planner!

The entire Wyndham staff did a fabulous job, the hotel is beautiful, our day was spectacular and I would not hesitate in looking anywhere else to plan your special occasion.

Thank you all again!!!

Sent on 11/13/2013

Stephanie · Married on 10/13/2013

What an incredible weekend! Everything about the Wyndham - from the beautiful rooms, the beach front, the accommodating staff was great! Mary Beth and Allyn were perfect wedding planners!! They made the job of the "mother-of-the-bride so easy. We had searched for a venue and nothing came close to the price range that was offered at the Wyndham. Annie and the rest of the wait staff were also amazing......Everything was fabulous on Oct 13, 2013 - the weather, the ceremony, the poolside cocktail hour and the FOOD- all our guest loved the Grilled Salmon and Bacon Wrapped Pork Loin - hats off to the chef! If you are looking for a destination wedding on a beautiful beach - Deerfield Beach Wyndham along with Mary Beth and Allyn as your wedding planners - is the choice you should make!

Stephanie Birdsong

Sent on 10/20/2013

Kelsi · Married on 10/13/2013

We had our wedding and reception at the Wyndham and it was absolutely perfect. We live in Tennessee, so planning from afar could have been a nightmare! BUT- Mary Beth and Allyn, along with the rest of the staff, were absolutely amazing! We spoke on the phone and through email and everything was planned for perfection. I could not have asked for a better place to spend my wedding weekend!

Sent on 11/24/2013

Ashley · Married on 10/12/2013

I don't even know where to begin my review for the Wyndham. My husband and I are so grateful for every service they provided for us.

Firstly, Mary Beth was a saint. She had an answer and solution for everything I could ever ask! She was our main point of contact and I couldn't have felt more comfortable. I would call her all all hours with questions that kept me up at night and her solutions were brilliant! The majority of my vendors were chosen through her recommendation and I know we really did get the best of the best.

Allyn was a star. He handled the event on the day of and it was flawless. The last thing I wanted to think about on my big day was making sure everything was going well- he made sure I was where I needed to be, people knew what was going on, the food gets served, the timeline is followed, etc. I didn't have one worry for the entire evening!!

The rooms that we had for the weekend were superb. All my guests were talking about how nice they beds are and how breathtaking the view is. We had the large suites on the NE 7th and 8th floors- I highly recommend them! What a view!

The food was beyond delicious! We did a tasting before the event and the chef was so personable and creative. They did special dishes of filet mignon for me and my husband and it was one of the best filets I've ever had! Everyone raved about the crab cakes and even the presentation of the displays.

The servers were exceptional. They made sure that they visited me and my husband throughout the meal and made sure we had champagne, wine, and plenty of water. Despite being so attentive, they slipped into the background flawlessly and made the entire experience feeling very luxe- it felt like we all had personal staff.

The concierge was another highlight- they can handle anything! I got an amazing massage scheduled by the Wyndham in my room overlooking the ocean.

Overall, I cannot thank every person at the Wyndham enough. I felt like a goddess the entire day!

Sent on 10/23/2013

Tracy · Married on 10/04/2013

My husband and I chose the Wyndham Deerfield Beach Resort as our wedding venue, and we could not have been happier with our experience. From the first time we met with Mary Beth, we knew we had made the right decision; she was so helpful right from the start. Some of my planning with her was done while I was still living abroad and even then I was sure everything would turn out perfect for our wedding day.

The location of the hotel is beyond beautiful, and that was very important to us as we had a beach ceremony, followed by cocktail hour by the pool, and a reception in the ball room. Everything was set up beautifully, and the staff is so friendly and did an amazing job. Even our guests had so many kind words to say to us about the staff during the reception.

The Wyndham did an amazing job with our wedding, and we could not have imagined it any other way. We are so happy with how every detail turned out and we have so many great memories. I can assure you that you will be so pleased with your choice of the Wyndham for your wedding.

Sent on 10/13/2013

Lyle · Married on 09/14/2013

My 50th vow renewal sunrise ceremony was beyond what I had anticipated. The hotel staff and catering manager made my event memorable with their professional expertise and affordable. My whole family stayed at the hotel and had beautiful ocean view rooms and very accessible to the beach for my ceremony. The delicious breakfast was held at hotel and enjoyed by all. Lyle and Linda would highly recommend this hotel.

Sent on 09/21/2013

Matthew C. · Married on 08/03/2013

We had looked at many, many venues for our wedding. Before almost "settling" on a venue that had a lot of the things we wanted, we found ourselves looking at the Wyndham. Thank goodness for this, as we got everything we were looking for in a venue. We were in the middle of writing a very nice review, but I guess we are limited in the number of words because we got cut off less than half way through, so we will keep it short.

The location is beautiful. We had a lot of out of town guests, and you wont beat the location (beautiful beaches, 10 different places to eat, good nightlife, all within a short walking distance).

The staff was awesome. Mary-Beth is the planner. She was great to work with and took very good care of us. The service staff (Annie, Simone, Amy and Bonnie) were great and fun. we actually got comments on the service staff, which we were very happy about. The banquet manager, Allyn, was great. He was with me the second we got there, carrying my dress and helping me with whatever we needed. Chef Jose is a great chef. From our food tasting to the actual reception, the food and hor d' oeuvres were awesome. And they weren't you average food items (no Swedish meatballs or mini-hot dogs), it was gorgonzola stuffed mushrooms, a tomato "waterfall" salad (as my husband called it), and skirt steak, just to name a few. The entire process, from the first time we sat with Mary-Beth until the end of the reception, we just felt that the entire staff had everything under control, and they did. Nothing went wrong and we were just able to enjoy our wedding day.

The wedding night turned out to be a success, which we were very proud of as we were both very involved and did a lot of things on our own, and of course with the help of the Wyndham hotel. We highly recommend this venue and can assure you that you will not be disappointed!!

Sent on 08/22/2013

Pat · Married on 07/27/2013

My daughter was married on the beach! This was made possible because the staff at the Wyndham waited until the last minute to give an ALL clear-It had been raining all afternoon, and they knew how important it was to the bride and groom to be married on the beach. Mary Beth, the Catering and Sales Manager worked very closely with the beach vendor to make sure this would happen. Mary Beth and Allyn, the Banquet Manager were so involved to the smallest detail, which made for a very enjoyable wedding and reception. Allyn even helped carry the train of the wedding dress across the street! The waitress; Annie, Simons and Bonnie were wonderful. Mike the bartender was very professional and ready to help with anything.

During our week stay at the Wyndham, our families had several special requests; early check ins, late check outs, etc, Pam at the front desk was so helpful and always "made it happen"!

One very special person is Nedy, the concierge. The day of the wedding we realized the Bride did not have a garter. Nedy called around the stores in Deerfield Beach, find the right color and picked up the garter and hand delivered to the bride. The convenience and the willingness that Nedy showed was very heart warming.

We would highly recommend the Wyndham at Deerfield Beach, this was a great destination wedding location. A few emails, phones calls and one meeting at the end, guaranteed us of a wonderful memorable wedding.

Sent on 08/08/2013

Jamie · Married on 06/29/2013

So you say you want a beach wedding …… Well if you want the quick answer, here it is. The Wyndham Deerfield Beach Resort is the place for you…. search no further, you found it!

If you want the long answer, feel free to read on by going to the below link. Due to the limit in characters from Wedding Wire, feel free to copy & paste this link in your browser. It will take you to my full review on Trip Advisor. I hope you enjoy it as much as we did…..

Sent on 08/12/2013

Annette · Married on 06/09/2013

Dear Brides-To-Be looking for a "Beach" wedding in Southern Florida. As a Palm Beach resident, I searched EVERY hotel in Palm Beach County for a "Beach" wedding and was unsuccessful. The Wyndham is a perfect piece of paradise if you want to have your toes in the sand at your nuptials. I knew that it was Kismet when I learned that Mary Beth Gualtieri was from my home town and we had both escaped the cold winters of the Northeast.

We were having a small, intimate Jewish wedding and most of our guests were traveling from out of town. Mary Beth made making all of our out of town guests feel comfortable a snap. The weather had been inclement for weeks prior to our wedding, but we were blessed with the perfect morning for a beach wedding.

Mary Beth is a consummate professional. She has relationships with many vendors. Because of Mary Beth, I had the most amazing women for my hair and make-up.

All and all, if you want to have a beach wedding, weather permitting, THIS is the place to go ladies!

Sent on 06/19/2013

Tatiane · Married on 05/05/2013

Our wedding was so perfect, thanks to Mary Beth and everyone at the Wyndham!!!! We received so many compliments, our guests were very pleased with the food, the place and specially the crew. Everyone keeps telling me how polite the crew was and how much they enjoyed our party. Big thanks to Allyn for handling everything so well and taking care of every little detail for us :)
    If I ever have another big event to celebrate, I will run to Mary Beth again!!!
    Just awesome.

Sent on 05/24/2013

Alan · Married on 04/20/2013

The Wyndham Deerfield Beach Resort was the most amazing place and easiest place and professional people to work with. We arranged our wedding in 30 days where everybody else laughed at us. Working with Mary Beth Guaulieri and Alan took all the stress off of us. (they were fantastic). Chef Jose prepared great food and Annie and bonnie made sure if was npresented properly and hot. And Murat at the bar kept everybody drinking. And lets not forget the locatation on the beach. I would recommend the Wyngham at Deerfied beach to everyone and anyone. Our compliments to Mary Beth and her staff for everything, we will always be in your debt for making our day wonderful. Thanks Alan & Darlene Berkowitz

Sent on 05/03/2013

Jenny · Married on 03/16/2013

Mary Beth and her team were amazing! This includes everyone from the front desk to the bar tenders! We couldn't have asked for a more perfect day or place! Everyone was so friendly, accommodating and flexible with what we wanted! I wish I could do it all over again!

Sent on 09/26/2013

Emily · Married on 03/15/2013

I highly recommend the Wyndham Resort for your beach wedding! Alan, Mary Beth, and Annie are the real deal! My wedding was amazing because of their hard work and efforts. The day of was smooth and they took care of every detail - it was perfect! Mary Beth was a gem and made us feel like family from the moment we met her. They never said no to any of my request, they made it happen no matter what. The beach ceremony was beautiful, cocktail hour was by the pool and reception in the ballroom. The food was delish too! Thank you for making our best the best ever!

Sent on 03/24/2013

Brent · Married on 02/09/2013

I don't even know where to start. The Wyndham Deerfield Beach Resort was just PERFECT. The staff, prices, ALL of the food, rooms and the quality of service were high above expectation. Mary Beth Gualtieri and Allyn Swalley were extremely helpful with everything. They responded swiftly to our questions and did everything to please us and make sure things went perfectly. Working with Mary Beth for several months up to our wedding was a great experience. She's great to work with and has many wonderful recommendations along the way. Both Mary Beth and Allyn gave use a piece of mind and made our day stress free. The staff that worked the event were so personable and had awesome peronalities. Annie, Bonnie, Simone and Denise served our amazing food. We had a few vegetarians at our wedding and they even went above and beyond with Portabella Towers for their meals. Besides the amazing taste of the food, the portions and presentation of the meals were astounding. The suite we had on our wedding night was immaculate and fantastic. We were welcomed with champagne, two pieces of our wedding cake and two entrees to go. Everyone at the Wyndham, especially Mary Beth, gave their all into our special and unforgettable day! Nothing compares to them and you can stop your searching now.

- Brent & Simone Starr

Sent on 03/14/2013
  • I

Ian · Married on 02/02/2013

The Wyndham Deerfield Beach was a fantastic venue for my wife and my wedding. We looked at many venues in the Broward-Palm Beach area and the Wyndham was the only one that 'felt' right. We had perfect weather for the day of our beach wedding and Allyn and Mary Beth went out of their way to make sure that our wedding was a success. The whole wedding experience was definitely worth more than the sum of its parts and I couldn't have been happier with how things turned out.

Sent on 02/06/2013

Erica · Married on 11/23/2012

My sister Paulette & George had a beautiful wedding at the Wyndham in Deerfield Beach Thanksgiving Weekend 2012! Everything was perfect it was a magical day! Marybeth the wedding coordinator was awesome she provided excellent service from the start to finish. Marybeth was so accommodating in every way she made my sister Paulette feel so comfortable. The bride was so comforted knowing Marybeth took care of everything! The staff was so warm and firendly Murat, Denise, Bonnie & Annie were outstanding! We were in great hands at the Wyndam in Deerfield Beach it is a great place!

Sent on 11/26/2012

Paulette · Married on 11/23/2012

I just want to start by thanking Mary Beth Gualtieri, Allyn Swalley and the rest of the Wyndham Deerfield Beach Resort for making our wedding such a dream come true!! It was such a pleasure working with Mary Beth, Allyn and Hedi August they were all sooo helpful along the way. Mary beth answered all my questions and stayed on top of everything which was such a comfortable feeling to have since my husband and I were not from florida and were planning a destination wedding. The wedding day could'nt have been better, from the weather, to all the staff during cocktail hour and the reception everything was PERFECT!! It was truly a memory that will not be forgotten and our family all had a great stay at the Wyndham Deerfield Beach Resort!!! We all can't wait to come back and visit to such a great place with such great people. Thanks Again, to everyone at the Wyndham we couldn't have made our wedding day come true without all of your help. Love, George and Paulette

Sent on 02/01/2013

Jocelyn · Married on 11/11/2012

We were lucky enough to have our wedding block at the Wyndham in Deerfield Beach since our wedding was in a nearby venue. We were put in contact with Marybeth for the block and she was a pleasure to work with. She was always available to discuss the details of the block and she even set us up with a wonderful post wedding brunch the day after our ceremony. Our guests raved about the accommodations and we could not be happier with our choice of hotel. All of the staff, including and foremost, Marybeth and Jose, were always professional, kind and helpful. And the night my husband and I returned to our room the hotel staff had provided us with a wonderful room with surprises to return to. We highly recommend anyone staying in the area or having a wedding in the area to contact the Wyndham. You will not be disappointed.

Sent on 11/17/2012

Lena · Married on 10/19/2012

How can I put into words how perfect my wedding was at the Wyndham??? Well to start, Mary Beth is the absolute best! She was so helpful and was more than happy to answer any and all questions. Mary Beth also made sure that my beach ceremoney was as special as she made me feel. Everything ran smoothly and was more than I could ever had imagined until.........I walked into the ballroom before the guest arrived. It was so perfect, Allyn and Mary Beth did exactly what i asked and i could not have been any more pleased. I also have to say the wait staff, Annie, Denise, Simone and Bonnie did a superb job. We had the steak and chicken francese, and I asked if they would put extra sauce on the tables for everyones chicken and geeze they jumped to it and my guest were loving their meals, thanks JOSE! Now ,my husband and I have families that LOVE to drink and I was afraid that they would run Murat into the ground but nope he did a fantastic job keeping the cocktails flowing!! After all was said and done this wedding was perfect and all the guest had a great time. If you want a beautiful place with great people and service, than the Wyndham at Deerfield Beach is where you should go. Congrats to all who book their weddings with Mary Beth cause I know your gonna!!!!

Sent on 11/23/2012

We booked our 9/29/12 wedding back in January and Mary Beth and team at the Wyndham were more than helpful from day 1 on. The food was excellent, the rooms were amazing, the value was great, the ceremony on the beach went off without a hitch. 80 of our guests came from out of town (up north) and stayed here for multiple days. Everyone has been raving about the hotel , the food, the beds, the service, everything. I would book here again and again and again. They were more than flexible with a few unique situations I had and I will say- I am one picky bride!! It was amazing. We had the skirt steak and chicken francaise. The room was beautiful- everything was perfect!! Kelly S.

Sent on 10/10/2012

Amalia · Married on 07/07/2012

Thank you to Mary Beth Gualtieri, Allyn Swalley, Annie and the rest of their team at the Wyndham Deerfield Beach Resort, for helping to make our Destination Wedding Day beautiful and fun!

Mary Beth was my first point of contact at the Wyndham. She was insightful, organized, kind, warm, and professional. She has a great personality, and gives great advice without being pushy. Since my husband and I live in New York, we relied on her experience and advice to steer us in the right direction on many issues, including using outside for vendors for services she did not provide. We met with her 2 days before our wedding: I showed her how we wanted to decorate our reception tables, and she immediately jumped in and offered additional decoration ideas and items courtesy of the hotel. We were wowed at how she and her staff decorated our reception, making it beautiful and memorable, as many of our guests told us over and over. She also made it possible for us to stay in a complimentary ocean view room the night of our wedding -- complete with chocolate-covered strawberries and champagne! It was fantastic.

We met Allyn on the day of our wedding. From the moments as we waited for the ceremony to start, throughout the ceremony, cocktail hour and reception, he was very attentive, thoughtful and professional. He accompanied my father and I across the street to our beach ceremony, carefully took off my shoes, and then offered me a straw mat to stand on on that hot beach sand. He checked on both myself and my husband during our cocktail hour, and came to us regarding any issues at the beginning of our reception. He was always available and willing to help us, without being obtrusive at all, and made us feel at ease because he took care of things as we requested.

To Annie, our server at the cocktail and reception, we would like to give special thanks: she offered to get us refreshments several times, checked to see that we received our meals and helped us with anything we requested. She is a warm, attentive and professional staff member, as we as well as many of our guests remarked. The next morning, she warmly greeted us at breakfast and seated us immediately in a quiet outdoor area.

Many of our relatives have since told us that they wish they had taken a longer vacation and stayed at the Wyndham Deerfield Beach Resort for a longer time.... my husband and I do, too!!! I have already recommended Mary Beth and her staff at the Wyndham for relatives who are looking for their wedding venue, so we will all be returning quite soon!

Thank you all so much.