With This Ring I Thee Wedd Ceremonies, LLC Reviews

303 | Alexandria, VA

303 Reviews for With This Ring I Thee Wedd Ceremonies, LLC

• Nikki

Alicia · Married on 07/11/2015

If you are looking for an officiant that will work with you on your vows and make you feel at ease Leora Motley is 100% who you should hire. I knew from our first meeting she was hired. I wanted to sign a contract right then and there matter fact I had other officiants lined up to meet I cancelled all of those appointments. Leora listened to exactly what we wanted and made our ceremony so special. She used the perfect words to make our ceremony flow beautifully. We are so thankful we found such a wonderful person to officiate our day.

Sent on 07/22/2015

Keisha · Married on 07/03/2015

We are very thankful that Leora officiated our ceremony-it was thoughtful, warm and exactly what we wanted. She was very easy to work with and professional. She really listened to the type of ceremony we wanted and drafted the perfect script--it was funny yet touching and really captured our sentiments as a couple. I highly recommend working with her.

Sent on 07/22/2015
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 06/27/2015

Leora made our day amazing! She was such a great officiant. The ceremony was just the right length, and Leora's words touched everyone. I would recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 06/30/2015

Deirdre · Married on 06/13/2015

We feel so grateful and lucky that Leora officiated our wedding. She took the time to get to know us, made great suggestions (such as a "ring warming"), and created a personalized ceremony for us. She truly wanted our ceremony to reflect who we are, our relationship, and our families. Everyone thought she was just the best!

Sent on 07/05/2015

Leora was great! Extremely flexible and responsive - everyone in the wedding party said she was amazing!

Sent on 06/14/2015

Nancy · Married on 05/31/2015

We heard about Leora from one of our vendors, and we cannot say enough good things about her. She is very professional, kind, joyful, calming. She took the time to really get to know us as a couple, was able to capture our sentiments and build a ceremony that truly represented who we are as a couple. Thank you Leora for helping make this day amazing for us, our family and our friends. We give her the highest of recommendations!!

Sent on 06/21/2015

Jeana · Married on 05/30/2015

Leora is really wonderful to work with. She tries to cater the ceremony based on her interview with us. She also has a great sense of humor and made the both of us laugh at our ceremony. It was beautiful.

Sent on 06/12/2015

J · Married on 05/03/2015

Leora was a helpful and kind officiant. I would recommend her to anyone planning a wedding.

Sent on 05/30/2015

Leora truly made our ceremony more special then we could have imagined. She took the time to get to know us in the months prior and was able to incorporate who we are as a couple into the service. Her calm presence helped us stay calm as we said our vows and even added some humor into the ceremony.

Sent on 05/14/2015

Leora Motley was wonderful! We are glad we used her services.

Sent on 03/14/2015

Corey · Married on 12/13/2014

We couldn't have asked for anything more from an officiant. Leora took the time to meet, learn about our relationship and put together a wedding ceremony that was perfect for us. She celebrated and laughed with us and, perhaps most importantly, helped keep everyone's nerves in check!

Sent on 12/19/2014

Chloe · Married on 10/19/2014

We loved having Leora as our officiant! She was warm and friendly to our guests and performed the ceremony with professionalism and grace. She is a very elegant lady and was well presented on the day. As we were overseas whilst planning our wedding, we communicated with Leora via Skype and email, she was always very responsive and easy to work with.

Sent on 11/05/2014

Susie · Married on 10/18/2014

I highly recommend Leora. We hired Leora to serve as our officiant and pre-marital counselor. Over the course of three, 90-minute sessions, she addressed topics such as finance, upbringing, spirituality, and conflict resolution, generating conversations that drew upon her own experiences and the experiences of folks she knew well. My spouse and I had been pretty open with each other when we were dating but we both felt that our conversations with Leora were worthwhile because it brought out to light some topics that we hadn't addressed previously (mostly with regards to parenting; what things we wanted to draw upon from our upbringing and how we would do things differently).

Through these sessions, we became well-acquainted and worked well together as a three-person team to draft a script for the ceremony. At first, Leora gave us two different draft scripts, which consisted in a blessing, welcome, couple readings and a couple vows. Since the readings didn't "fit" us (there were excerpts from a variety of sources including Jane Eyre and Doctor Suess), we easily swapped them out.

During the rehearsal and the day of, Leora was super. She was incredibly personable with our families (my mom even commented that she put her right at ease), calming towards us (she checked in with both of us just before the ceremony), and performed well (loud enough, a dynamic speaker in terms of the use of pauses and inflection). We were so happy to have Leora as our officiant and have recommended her to our friends.

Sent on 10/25/2014

Erica · Married on 09/27/2014

Leora made our experience so special and wonderful, I can't imagine that a better celebrant exists! My (now) husband and I live in South Carolina but got married in Northern Virginia, and Leora was incredibly flexible in working with us by email and phone before we arrived in town. She made herself available to meet with us in person a couple days before the ceremony, and she guided us through so many details that hadn't occurred to us at all (we had a small wedding and no planner, so it was incredibly helpful that Leora guided us through where people stand, who sits where, etc etc). In our early phone meetings, Leora asked me and my husband to talk about each other, describe what we admire in each other and just tell our stories in general, and she used what we said to compose a ceremony that was incredibly moving, personal and totally customized to us. She was also super helpful in making sure we'd taken care of the license and all the other important paperwork before the ceremony. I would recommend Leora in a heartbeat! She is definitely the best.

Sent on 10/11/2014

Toni · Married on 08/29/2014

withthisringitheewedd is simply the best!!! WOW, The ceremony Mrs. Motley prepared for us was exceptional, fabulous, caring, and simply touching. Not a dry eye in the place. She was very friendly, attentive, and responsive to all our needs and wishes. You 'can't' go wrong if you select Mrs. Motley withthisringitheewedd to script and deliver with vigor a ceremony that is tailored for you and your groom.

Sent on 09/24/2014

Leora was amazing to work with! She took the time to really get to know us as a couple which resulted in a customized and personal ceremony. All of our guests commented on how our ceremony was one of the most personal, fun, and sentimental they have seen. She really did a spectacular job and contributed to our wedding being the best day ever! I highly recommend Leora if you want a fantastic officiant who will listen to what you want for your special day and make it a reality.

Sent on 09/10/2014

David · Married on 08/16/2014

We could not have asked for a more thoughtful, inspiring, warm and witty celebrant for our marriage ceremony. Leora worked closely with us to get to know us as a couple, to understand what is most meaningful to us and to plan and deliver a bespoke wedding celebration that not only fit us as a couple but also brought together the deep-rooted but wide-ranging belief sets across our friends and family -- certainly no small feat! What made Leora really stand-out was not simply her delivery of the words we'd agreed but her genuine warmth and sincerity and open-arms embrace of our divergent cultures and personalities. My wife and I are both 'tough-graders' and there's no question all 5 stars are well-deserved in this case!

Sent on 10/28/2014

Victoria · Married on 08/15/2014

I could not have asked for a better officiant than Leora! My husband and I had a very small wedding (50 guests) and wanted a spiritual ceremony that blended both of our families' religions (I am Jewish and my husband is Catholic). Leora helped us craft the perfect ceremony and delivered it beautifully! We explained the different elements that we wanted and she came up with a "script" for us. She was very patient with me as I went back to her more than a few times with changes to the format and wording of certain sections. We were married at the Jefferson Memorial and she made sure that our guests could hear and even helped make light of the situation when my veil was not cooperating with the wind. I highly recommend Leora!

Sent on 08/26/2014

Having Leora as our officiant was like having an old family friend officiate our wedding! From our first meeting with Leora she took the time to get to know us and ensure that we were comfortable and felt a connection with her. She helped us craft a script that was representative of both of our personalities (and also not too long)!
    Leora was incredibly responsive via email and phone to discuss the revisions that we continued to make to our ceremony script leading up to the big day. On the day of she arrived early and was chatting with family and friends and checked on both of us to make sure we were calm and ready to go. Since our wedding we’ve heard from countless guests how unique and personal our ceremony was!
    We were so lucky to have Leora as our officiant, and we enthusiastically recommend her to others!

Sent on 08/26/2014

Sara · Married on 06/28/2014

Leora was just a pleasure to work with! She took time to meet with my husband and I multiple times and helped us develop a very meaningful ceremony that was a reflection of who we are. Additionally, Leora is a very engaging public speaker - not something I initially thought about when looking for an officiant but I have to say - it made a HUGE difference. She had all the guests engaged and interested throughout the ceremony and her genuine personality shined through her words. I was SO very lucky to have Leora as a part of our wedding.

Sent on 07/28/2014

Michelle · Married on 06/23/2014

Leora was magnificent. She was extremely responsive, flexible and engaged throughout the planning of our ceremony and was a consummate professional. Beyond all that, though, was the genuine emotional investment Leora made in our ceremony and relationship. We truly felt connected with her in the short time we were able to know her and we feel so fortunate that we found her for this very special time in our lives. She is very good at what she does.

Sent on 06/29/2014

Lindsey · Married on 06/22/2014

Leora was wonderful both before and during our wedding. We took advantage of her counseling services, which was tailored to us as a couple. It helped my now-husband and I have the tough conversations you need to have before making one of the most important decisions of our lives. During those sessions, Leora internalized the small details of our courtship and incorporated it into a beautiful wedding ceremony. We received a ton of unsolicited compliments about Leora and the things she said about us! I have absolutely zero apprehension in recommending Leora to be your celebrant -- you will not regret it!

Thanks, Leora, for making our day so memorable!

Sent on 07/20/2015

Terriann · Married on 06/07/2014

By far, we consider Leora to be one of the best wedding-related decisions made. My then-fiance and I were reliant on a commuter bus line from Loudoun County to reach the same DC office location, and when it became clear an after-hours or weekend meeting wouldn't work, Leora was generous and flexible enough to Metro it in to our workplace and meet us onsite over a coffee break! With only 9 weeks to go until the wedding, I was in a mild panic as we still hadn't found someone we were comfortable with to perform the ceremony. But within 10 minutes of meeting Leora, my mind was instantly put at ease and I knew we'd struck gold. She was warm, genuine and asked all the right questions in order to create the perfect ceremony reflecting who we were as a couple. This was the second marriage for both of us, and Leora knew how important it was for us to incorporate our kids, all of whom she involved in a beautiful and touching unity candle ceremony. Her ideas were spot on, she was impeccably organized and responsive throughout multiple script iterations, and on the day of she was prompt, reassuring and completely professional. Everyone at the wedding was delighted with her presentation and services, and the warm and personal way she engaged guests throughout. If you are lucky enough to find her available on your wedding date, don't hesitate to book her immediately. We were absolutely thrilled with the way everything turned out under her care and personalized touch. Thank you, Leora!

Sent on 06/25/2014

With This Ring I Thee Wedd Ceremonies, LLC's reply:

You are very kind, thanks TerriAnn!
  • Mark

Mark · Married on 06/07/2014

Leora was fantastic throughout the entire planning process leading up to the wedding and the wedding itself.
    We contacted her a number of months before the wedding and conducted an interview where she learned more about us (Mark and Ola) and we got a chance to talk with her.
    After the interview, she sent us two different options for scripts which we used to trim down to our final script.
    On the wedding day, Leora was social, met the family and was dynamic during the ceremony, even when certain lines were flubbed by the groom.
    Ola and I highly recommend her. Our families are very happy with the ceremony and we are very happy with Leora being a part of our special day.

Sent on 06/28/2014

With This Ring I Thee Wedd Ceremonies, LLC's reply:

Thanks Mark for your thoughtful words! I shared with another couple that I was standing next to you as your bride and her dad approached you. I asked you if you were okay and you responded in a dry flat tone, "I feel like a rock star." I did everything humanly possible not to laugh!
  • W

William · Married on 05/31/2014

Our wedding was the most wonderful one could imagine with the help and presentation by Leora Motley. She spent time getting to know us and then provided a wonderful script for us to begin to add our personal touch. Everyone was amazed at what a personalized wedding this was. I would strongly recommend Leora for any couple wanting a professional, specialized, and personalized wedding. My wife and I came away thrilled at the warmth that Leora brought to the ceremony. This was the best wedding I have ever been to; and I am so glad it was ours.

Sent on 06/02/2014