With This Ring I Thee Wedd Ceremonies, LLC Reviews

292 | Alexandria, VA

292 Reviews for With This Ring I Thee Wedd Ceremonies, LLC

Leora Motley was wonderful! We are glad we used her services.

Sent on 03/14/2015

Corey · Married on 12/13/2014

We couldn't have asked for anything more from an officiant. Leora took the time to meet, learn about our relationship and put together a wedding ceremony that was perfect for us. She celebrated and laughed with us and, perhaps most importantly, helped keep everyone's nerves in check!

Sent on 12/19/2014

Chloe · Married on 10/19/2014

We loved having Leora as our officiant! She was warm and friendly to our guests and performed the ceremony with professionalism and grace. She is a very elegant lady and was well presented on the day. As we were overseas whilst planning our wedding, we communicated with Leora via Skype and email, she was always very responsive and easy to work with.

Sent on 11/05/2014

Susie · Married on 10/18/2014

I highly recommend Leora. We hired Leora to serve as our officiant and pre-marital counselor. Over the course of three, 90-minute sessions, she addressed topics such as finance, upbringing, spirituality, and conflict resolution, generating conversations that drew upon her own experiences and the experiences of folks she knew well. My spouse and I had been pretty open with each other when we were dating but we both felt that our conversations with Leora were worthwhile because it brought out to light some topics that we hadn't addressed previously (mostly with regards to parenting; what things we wanted to draw upon from our upbringing and how we would do things differently).

Through these sessions, we became well-acquainted and worked well together as a three-person team to draft a script for the ceremony. At first, Leora gave us two different draft scripts, which consisted in a blessing, welcome, couple readings and a couple vows. Since the readings didn't "fit" us (there were excerpts from a variety of sources including Jane Eyre and Doctor Suess), we easily swapped them out.

During the rehearsal and the day of, Leora was super. She was incredibly personable with our families (my mom even commented that she put her right at ease), calming towards us (she checked in with both of us just before the ceremony), and performed well (loud enough, a dynamic speaker in terms of the use of pauses and inflection). We were so happy to have Leora as our officiant and have recommended her to our friends.

Sent on 10/25/2014

Erica · Married on 09/27/2014

Leora made our experience so special and wonderful, I can't imagine that a better celebrant exists! My (now) husband and I live in South Carolina but got married in Northern Virginia, and Leora was incredibly flexible in working with us by email and phone before we arrived in town. She made herself available to meet with us in person a couple days before the ceremony, and she guided us through so many details that hadn't occurred to us at all (we had a small wedding and no planner, so it was incredibly helpful that Leora guided us through where people stand, who sits where, etc etc). In our early phone meetings, Leora asked me and my husband to talk about each other, describe what we admire in each other and just tell our stories in general, and she used what we said to compose a ceremony that was incredibly moving, personal and totally customized to us. She was also super helpful in making sure we'd taken care of the license and all the other important paperwork before the ceremony. I would recommend Leora in a heartbeat! She is definitely the best.

Sent on 10/11/2014

Toni · Married on 08/29/2014

withthisringitheewedd is simply the best!!! WOW, The ceremony Mrs. Motley prepared for us was exceptional, fabulous, caring, and simply touching. Not a dry eye in the place. She was very friendly, attentive, and responsive to all our needs and wishes. You 'can't' go wrong if you select Mrs. Motley withthisringitheewedd to script and deliver with vigor a ceremony that is tailored for you and your groom.

Sent on 09/24/2014

Leora was amazing to work with! She took the time to really get to know us as a couple which resulted in a customized and personal ceremony. All of our guests commented on how our ceremony was one of the most personal, fun, and sentimental they have seen. She really did a spectacular job and contributed to our wedding being the best day ever! I highly recommend Leora if you want a fantastic officiant who will listen to what you want for your special day and make it a reality.

Sent on 09/10/2014

David · Married on 08/16/2014

We could not have asked for a more thoughtful, inspiring, warm and witty celebrant for our marriage ceremony. Leora worked closely with us to get to know us as a couple, to understand what is most meaningful to us and to plan and deliver a bespoke wedding celebration that not only fit us as a couple but also brought together the deep-rooted but wide-ranging belief sets across our friends and family -- certainly no small feat! What made Leora really stand-out was not simply her delivery of the words we'd agreed but her genuine warmth and sincerity and open-arms embrace of our divergent cultures and personalities. My wife and I are both 'tough-graders' and there's no question all 5 stars are well-deserved in this case!

Sent on 10/28/2014

Victoria · Married on 08/15/2014

I could not have asked for a better officiant than Leora! My husband and I had a very small wedding (50 guests) and wanted a spiritual ceremony that blended both of our families' religions (I am Jewish and my husband is Catholic). Leora helped us craft the perfect ceremony and delivered it beautifully! We explained the different elements that we wanted and she came up with a "script" for us. She was very patient with me as I went back to her more than a few times with changes to the format and wording of certain sections. We were married at the Jefferson Memorial and she made sure that our guests could hear and even helped make light of the situation when my veil was not cooperating with the wind. I highly recommend Leora!

Sent on 08/26/2014

Having Leora as our officiant was like having an old family friend officiate our wedding! From our first meeting with Leora she took the time to get to know us and ensure that we were comfortable and felt a connection with her. She helped us craft a script that was representative of both of our personalities (and also not too long)!
    Leora was incredibly responsive via email and phone to discuss the revisions that we continued to make to our ceremony script leading up to the big day. On the day of she arrived early and was chatting with family and friends and checked on both of us to make sure we were calm and ready to go. Since our wedding we’ve heard from countless guests how unique and personal our ceremony was!
    We were so lucky to have Leora as our officiant, and we enthusiastically recommend her to others!

Sent on 08/26/2014

Sara · Married on 06/28/2014

Leora was just a pleasure to work with! She took time to meet with my husband and I multiple times and helped us develop a very meaningful ceremony that was a reflection of who we are. Additionally, Leora is a very engaging public speaker - not something I initially thought about when looking for an officiant but I have to say - it made a HUGE difference. She had all the guests engaged and interested throughout the ceremony and her genuine personality shined through her words. I was SO very lucky to have Leora as a part of our wedding.

Sent on 07/28/2014

Michelle · Married on 06/23/2014

Leora was magnificent. She was extremely responsive, flexible and engaged throughout the planning of our ceremony and was a consummate professional. Beyond all that, though, was the genuine emotional investment Leora made in our ceremony and relationship. We truly felt connected with her in the short time we were able to know her and we feel so fortunate that we found her for this very special time in our lives. She is very good at what she does.

Sent on 06/29/2014

Lindsey · Married on 06/22/2014

Leora was wonderful both before and during our wedding. We took advantage of her counseling services, which was tailored to us as a couple. It helped my now-husband and I have the tough conversations you need to have before making one of the most important decisions of our lives. During those sessions, Leora internalized the small details of our courtship and incorporated it into a beautiful wedding ceremony. We received a ton of unsolicited compliments about Leora and the things she said about us! I have absolutely zero apprehension in recommending Leora to be your celebrant -- you will not regret it!

Thanks, Leora, for making our day so memorable!

Sent on 07/20/2015

TerriAnn · Married on 06/07/2014

By far, we consider Leora to be one of the best wedding-related decisions made. My then-fiance and I were reliant on a commuter bus line from Loudoun County to reach the same DC office location, and when it became clear an after-hours or weekend meeting wouldn't work, Leora was generous and flexible enough to Metro it in to our workplace and meet us onsite over a coffee break! With only 9 weeks to go until the wedding, I was in a mild panic as we still hadn't found someone we were comfortable with to perform the ceremony. But within 10 minutes of meeting Leora, my mind was instantly put at ease and I knew we'd struck gold. She was warm, genuine and asked all the right questions in order to create the perfect ceremony reflecting who we were as a couple. This was the second marriage for both of us, and Leora knew how important it was for us to incorporate our kids, all of whom she involved in a beautiful and touching unity candle ceremony. Her ideas were spot on, she was impeccably organized and responsive throughout multiple script iterations, and on the day of she was prompt, reassuring and completely professional. Everyone at the wedding was delighted with her presentation and services, and the warm and personal way she engaged guests throughout. If you are lucky enough to find her available on your wedding date, don't hesitate to book her immediately. We were absolutely thrilled with the way everything turned out under her care and personalized touch. Thank you, Leora!

Sent on 06/25/2014

With This Ring I Thee Wedd Ceremonies, LLC's reply:

You are very kind, thanks TerriAnn!

Mark · Married on 06/07/2014

Leora was fantastic throughout the entire planning process leading up to the wedding and the wedding itself.
    We contacted her a number of months before the wedding and conducted an interview where she learned more about us (Mark and Ola) and we got a chance to talk with her.
    After the interview, she sent us two different options for scripts which we used to trim down to our final script.
    On the wedding day, Leora was social, met the family and was dynamic during the ceremony, even when certain lines were flubbed by the groom.
    Ola and I highly recommend her. Our families are very happy with the ceremony and we are very happy with Leora being a part of our special day.

Sent on 06/28/2014

With This Ring I Thee Wedd Ceremonies, LLC's reply:

Thanks Mark for your thoughtful words! I shared with another couple that I was standing next to you as your bride and her dad approached you. I asked you if you were okay and you responded in a dry flat tone, "I feel like a rock star." I did everything humanly possible not to laugh!
  • W

William · Married on 05/31/2014

Our wedding was the most wonderful one could imagine with the help and presentation by Leora Motley. She spent time getting to know us and then provided a wonderful script for us to begin to add our personal touch. Everyone was amazed at what a personalized wedding this was. I would strongly recommend Leora for any couple wanting a professional, specialized, and personalized wedding. My wife and I came away thrilled at the warmth that Leora brought to the ceremony. This was the best wedding I have ever been to; and I am so glad it was ours.

Sent on 06/02/2014

Tim · Married on 05/31/2014

Leora officiated our May wedding and she was amazing!! When we first met with Leora, we were immediately drawn to her warm personality. She really took the time to get to know us. You could tell that she is genuinely interested in your life and your upcoming marriage.

We chose not to write our own vows, so Leora gave us options and then helped us put together the wording that fit us perfectly. She is professional, well spoken, kind, and just a joy to be around. She puts everyone at ease. Our ceremony was emotional and heartfelt (tears were definitely shed!), yet Leora knew exactly when to add a little humor. I cannot tell you how many people said to us, “wow, that was the most beautiful ceremony”. Leora thank you for being such a pleasure to work with and for making our day so special!

Sent on 07/01/2014
  • Maya

Maya · Married on 05/24/2014

For any bride in the Washington, D.C. area who is searching for friendly, sincere, and just a truly top notch celebrant, I highly recommend Leora Motley. Leora was not only very easy to work with (kindly took the time to Skype my husband and myself to "meet" as we do not live in the Washington area) but she also does an excellent job of tailoring the ceremony based on the desires of the bride and groom. Not having been able to meet Leora in person until the day of she did an incredible job of capturing who we are and our personalities when proceeding over our wedding. We are so grateful to have had Leora a part of our special day. I truly can't emphasize what a pleasure she was to work with!

Sent on 06/10/2014

Stephanie · Married on 05/17/2014

Leora was amazing. Not only did we love her and the ceremony she put together but our guests did as well. We got so many compliments on the ceremony and that she was wonderful and so professional. I feel like we've known her for years. She is extremely flexible and willing to work with you to put together the most perfect ceremony and she delivers!

Sent on 06/03/2014

Leora was tremendous, thoughtful, kind and all around wonderful to work with. She did a fantastic job capturing our love and feelings for one another in the ceremony and was a real joy. We're so grateful she was a part of our special day.

Sent on 05/14/2014

Justine · Married on 04/25/2014

Leora- Anthony and I cannot express to you enough just how wonderful you were to work with. You did an amazing job and we could not be happier with how the wedding ceremony turned out. We love how special and personalized you made our vows and readings. You went with the plan but also spoke off the cuff and we loved it. The part about how the best mad presented the rings to you on a twisty tie was great. Everyone enjoyed the ceremony and commented about how you did such an amazing job! Our day was perfect and we owe you a lot of thanks! I also referred you to a few people at the wedding! I am so happy I found you through Sabrina. Bless you and thanks again so much! - Justine and Anthony

Sent on 06/13/2014

Leora was nothing short of amazing to work with. From our initial meeting right through the end of our wedding ceremony. We both felt comfortable and connected with her at the very first meeting. Leora was able to determine and help us decide on what we wanted to emphasize in our wedding ceremony and brought many creative ideas to the table. She really made it unique. Everyone LOVED her (so much they offered positive comments on their own to us) at the rehearsal and wedding guests complimented the ceremony as being fluid, uplifting with many "we loved your officiant!" comments. Again, volunteered by friends and family. Hopefully I will never have another wedding but if I had to go back and redo the whole process, I would work with Leora again in less than a heartbeat. She really was amazing and I cannot say enough positive things about her.

Sent on 05/05/2014
  • F

Ferroza · Married on 04/18/2014

We had the most amazing time getting to know Leora. It was as if we knew her for years and she was simply a good friend. From the first meeting I knew she was the one to officiate our wedding. Her personality is awesome and I absolutely love her humor. She was always very responsive and knowledgeable. Our guests gave Leora so many compliments for keeping them engaged as we ran behind schedule because my uncle who was to give me away got lost! Leora, thank you for making our day one that we will always treasure.

Sent on 05/05/2014

Katie · Married on 04/12/2014

Leora provided great support to help me prep for my wedding. You can tell she's able to read people and the script she wrote for our ceremony was powerful and full of love. When she arrived to perform the ceremony, she spoke to both sides of the family and made sure everything was in order for a smooth and lovely ceremony.

Sent on 04/15/2014

Leora was the officiant for our wedding in Alexandria in April, which was a small event with about 50 guests. Leora was great to work with throughout the process. We met with her months in advance to talk about the type of ceremony we envisioned. Leora asked lots of questions, and she incorporated some of our answers from that meeting into the ceremony. Prior to the wedding we exchanged numerous emails, in which she provided us with lots of ideas for the ceremony but allowed us to tailor the ceremony as we wanted. Overall we were very pleased with Leora's efforts and thought she did a great job. We would gladly recommend Leora to others.

Sent on 05/18/2014