With Grace & Love Events Reviews

With Grace & Love Events 6
With Grace & Love Events 7

Michaella · Married on 09/19/2019

Amazing!!!

If I could have married Sara instead of my husband the day of our wedding, I would have! She is such a kind soul with a exquisite eye for detail. I was able to take the backseat and let Sara and Team at With Grace and Love Events handle all the details the day of the wedding. She executed everything that I wanted seamlessly. If you are on the fence about getting a wedding planner, time to cross over that fence and leave the magic to Sara. She provides top line services to allow you to really enjoy your day. My husband and I will be forever grateful to With Grace and Love Events for making our dreams come true on our wedding day ❤️

Sent on 10/02/2019
  • Allie

Allie Eklund · Married on 06/01/2019

Best money we spent on our wedding.

We hired Sara & WGL Events for our June 2019 wedding at The Maples. She was the best money we spent on our wedding. Initially, I was not going to hire a wedding coordinator, except that our venue required at least a day of coordinator. I was of the mindset that I am a very organized person and can manage this on my own. How thankful I am that I had to hire a coordinator, Sara was worth every penny. She helped us better understand what we didn't understand about planning a party for 200 people. Her comprehension of the industry, vendors, norms, etc. was so helpful. We had my father in law officiate our wedding (his first time doing so) and she was a wonderful help to make sure every last detail went off smoothly with the ceremony. As for the day of, her team worked so incredibly hard to set up the wedding and arrange the decor, as well as breakdown the wedding so we could continue our celebration. Had I not hired her, I am not sure how smoothly this would have gone. All the parents/ family members noted multiple times how wonderful she was. She would politely let us know when a critical moment like speeches, cake cutting, etc. was about to happen. Both my husband and I were so incredibly grateful for our decision to hire With Grace & Love for our wedding. I would highly recommend With Grace & Love Events to anyone planning a wedding or large party.

Sent on 07/09/2019
    With Grace & Love Events 8
    With Grace & Love Events 9
    With Grace & Love Events 10

Casey Licking · Married on 05/18/2019

The best decision of our wedding planning process!!

We feel so lucky to have found Sara and her amazing team at With Grace & Love Events! If you are like us and contemplating whether a planner is really worth it, the answer is: YES! If you have Sara, it is totally worth every penny! We truly feel our wedding went off without a hitch because of Sara and her great attention to detail.

As a very busy working couple, we had very little time to put towards planning our wedding, and very little experience with planning anything at all. We came to Sara with a venue picked out and a handful of Pinterest photos. Sara was able to take our mixed ideas and transform our vision into a stunning instagram-worthy reality.

Sara helped us with all aspects of the wedding process. She helped get us in touch with our amazing A-list vendors, find/create our wedding invitations, double check contracts before signing, and even bustled my dress while handing my new husband and I a cocktail after the ceremony! She was literally on top of every single detail.

On the day of the wedding, my husband and I were walking around and seeing everything for the first time. We often found ourselves getting emotional seeing all of our abstract ideas becoming a reality. Sara literally got everything perfect down to the little minor details.

We picked a late May wedding date because we didn’t want to risk being rained out. Unfortunately, a freak California rainstorm occurred. Being a type-A bride, I was panicked all week about something I couldn’t control. Sara called us multiple times during the week just to make sure we were okay. Sara not only made several contingency plans for the rain (including securing a tent last minute), but by the end of the night we were actually ecstatic that it rained. We couldn’t imagine a more perfect wedding!

Not only was the planning of the wedding not stressful, the more surprising part was how unstressed we were the day of the wedding. We were able to just relax, have fun, and enjoy being surrounded by all of our friends and family. We could not have done this without Sara!

With as much as Sara did for us, it still feels like this review doesn’t do her justice. Her communication, artistic style, and attention to detail is unrivaled. It’s been six months since the wedding, and we are still getting asked who planned it.

Go hire With Grace & Love Events. It will be the best decision you’ll ever make!

Sent on 09/15/2019
    With Grace & Love Events 15
    With Grace & Love Events 16
  • macy

macy · Married on 04/27/2019

Best decision you could make! (other than your hubby)

Hiring Grace and Love Events was the BEST decision I could have made for my wedding. There are not enough words to describe the work, effort, and thoughtfulness that Sara added to my day. I am a type A (control freak) and her talent, execution, and calmness allowed me to give up all control and have the most seamless day ever. From a day of coordinator to the whole process, no matter what she helps with its worth every penny plus some! My day was everything I could of thought of and thats due to Grace and Love Events. Thank you thank you thank you.

Sent on 05/06/2019

Alyssa · Married on 04/14/2019

Mary is the best!

I don't even know how to put into words how amazing Mary was. She made our wedding day go so smooth and stress free, her calm laid back personality makes you feel at ease on a day that can be super stressful. She coordinated and worked so well with all of our vendors to keep everybody informed and on track. She went above and beyond and took care of things I didn't even expect, she picked up our desserts the morning of the wedding, brought the entire bridal party lunch, went on a champagne run when we ran out in the bridal suite, and probably so much more that I didn't even see because she never stopped moving the entire day, and didn't bother me with details or problems, she just handled it. She was so responsive with ALL of my questions and even helped with decisions on design elements. I'm honestly sad I don't have an excuse to text her all the time. My bridesmaids and guests were even raving about the level of service that With Grace & Love provided on our wedding day. We cant recommend them enough, and we're so grateful Mary made our day so perfect.

Sent on 06/01/2019

Trent Schmidt · Married on 03/23/2019

Great experience With Love and Grace

Carrie and With Grace and Love were wonderful to work with. Having never planned a wedding before, they brought in timelines and suggestions to keep the day on schedule and moving. Our friends who work events (DJ and Cake maker) both sent glowing reviews working with Carrie and With Grace and Love.

I would absolutely work with them again. And I absolutely recommend them to friends.

The wedding day was zero stress from the details of vendors and coordination. They enabled us to be focused on enjoying our wedding.

Sent on 04/11/2019
  • Danielle

Danielle Childs · Married on 10/27/2018

Highly recommend for coordination at Park Winters!

We hired With Grace & Love Events to do our wedding day-of-coordination at Park Winters. We were paired with Mary Hicks, who was absolutely lovely to work with! Mary had gotten married at Park Winters and ran many weddings there, so she knew exactly how things would flow and how to get the best out of the venue.

We only did day-of-coordination because we had a year to plan the wedding and we figured we could save some money if we found the vendors ourselves. Our budget got out of hand really fast and dealing with vendors was a bit stressful. If I could do it all over again, I would have hired Mary for full wedding planning because we realized we would have ultimately saved money that way and some of the vendors we had some issues with could have been avoided.

Even with day-of-coordination, Mary was always available early on to answer our many many questions. Every time we got off a call with her or got answers back via email, we felt less stressed. With Grace and Love provides access to AislePlanner, which is a great online tool to manage all your wedding planning. Mary had access as well, so we could collaborate on the planning. As the wedding got closer, Mary took over handling the loose ends with the vendors and making sure all the vendors knew the timeline and where to go.

During the wedding weekend Mary was our guide and made sure we were relaxed and having fun. She ran a rehearsal for us the Friday before and was there every step of the way on Saturday. We didn't have to worry about what to do when, we just stayed in the moment and Mary found us when it was time to do the next thing and she guided us through. Mary even went the extra mile and printed the name cards for us, let us borrow table numbers she had, and made sure to return the rented pieces from Freeport Bakery.

We highly recommend Mary Hicks and With Grace and Love Events. We loved working with Mary and even miss her now that the wedding is over!

Sent on 11/18/2018
  • nadia

nadia · Married on 10/20/2018

Mary is amazing!

Though we hired WGL to do our day-of coordination, our communication with Mary began weeks, even months out. I started texting / emailing with her in December 2018 (our wedding was in May 2019) regarding the timeline and other details. She was always quick to respond and helpful despite it being so far out. She was also great about suggesting vendors based on individuals / companies she had worked with before, all the while being conscious of our budget.

Leading up to the wedding, for all the tiny little details that inevitably came up, Mary was lightning fast to respond and managed to ease our many concerns. A couple of areas where we thought she went above and beyond the call of duty for day-of coordination services:
    -Calling hotels on our behalf to open up more rooms when our original blocks filled up faster than expected
    -Suggesting hair artists when I left it to the last minute to book one
    -Immediately suggesting a plan B when my husband's tuxedo order got messed up by the rental company (which we did end up using because they messed it up more than once), and following up a few times to make sure we were squared away here
    -Checking the weather like a hawk and coming up with multiple plans when it showed it was going to rain on our wedding day; this includes shopping for, and rush ordering (on two days' notice) ~60 or so clear umbrellas to her house and bringing them for us

In short, she was amazing and I give her nothing but the highest recommendation. Mary is ultra prepared and thorough, and there's no better feeling than the 100% confidence she gives you that your wedding day is handled!!

Sent on 08/21/2019
  • Brianne

Brianne · Married on 09/22/2018

With Grace and Love Events

Absolutely LOVED With Grace and Love. Not only did Sara make our wedding day rub smoother than ever, she was so on top of it and professional leading up to our big day! I can’t say enough about this company and everything they did for my husband and I. I would hire them again in a heartbeat! It’s truely businesses like this that make all the difference in the outcome of such a special day.

Sent on 10/30/2018
    With Grace & Love Events 17

Danielle · Married on 09/14/2018

Mary from With Grace & Love was absolutely amazing! She was incredibly helpful throughout the planning process, never hesitating to go above and beyond my expectations to make sure I had what I needed. She was always available, even for the simplest questions at obscure times and helped keep me in check with things that were actually important vs details I shouldn't worry about. On the day of my wedding, she was calm, quickly solved any hiccups and never once made me worry about anything. We felt so completely taken care of by her and her team. I could go on and on about how wonderful they were, but the bottom line is that I HIGHLY recommend With Grace & Love Events!

Sent on 10/07/2018

Jill · Married on 09/09/2018

I don't know how we would have survived the day without Mary and her team. The entire day was seamless. We were hesitant about hiring a wedding coordinator at first, but looking back it was worth every penny. We now recommend Mary and her team to all of our friends getting married.

Sent on 10/09/2018
  • Teresa

Teresa G Crowley · Married on 06/16/2018

Fabulous Wedding Planner

Sara and her team were invaluable before and during the wedding. As the Mother of the Bride I met with Sara before the wedding to help narrow down the vendor list because my daughter lived out of state. Sara was easy to communicate with, helped us stay within our budget, kept us organized and on schedule. At first I didn't think we needed a wedding planner; however, after hiring Sara With Grace and Love, I cannot imagine not having her by our side each step of the way. I highly recommend Sara and her team for your special wedding day.

Sent on 11/06/2018

Val · Married on 05/12/2018

Sara and her team were an absolute necessity and one of the best decisions we made for our wedding! We got married at Park Winters this past weekend and Sara was our day-of coordinator. Way before the actual wedding date, Sara was helping us with advice, recommendations, and organization – and the tool she provided was so helpful for staying on top of everything. The actual wedding day (and the day before at our rehearsal) it was the BEST handing everything over to Sara – she coordinated our families for the rehearsal, took all of the decor off our hands, SET UP AND BROKE DOWN everything which was awesome!! I was happy, excited and relaxed on my wedding day because Sara was handling everything stressful, and I walked down the aisle with a huge smile. She truly let my husband and I just enjoy and be happy and party with our friends and family, which was a priceless gift. All of the little details really added up to make us feel so special and taken care of, like getting us snacks and champagne during our alone time after the ceremony, and having pizza and drinks with our vow books and my bouquet set up in our room on our wedding night. Can't recommend With Grace & Love Events highly enough!

Sent on 05/18/2018

Karlie · Married on 09/03/2017

Groom: Words cannot describe how happy my new wife and I are with Sara! Her calming presence, pleasant demeanor and attention to detail were second to none. Sara handled all situations throughout the day with a smile and a great attitude! What a blessing it is to have someone you can truly trust on the most important day of your life! We are suggesting Sara to all of our newly engaged friends!

Bride: Sara was seriously amazing and a life saver on our wedding day! We hired her for day of coordination and I can’t imagine what our wedding would have been like without her. She is quick and to the point and does not miss one detail. There was a point when I wasn’t wearing my garter and it was moments to the garter toss and she ran around to find it for me. Everything went so smoothly and even if there was a hiccup I had no idea. My whole family and every single one of my bridesmaids and groomsmen said how awesome she was. I was sad to say goodbye and will definitely be recommending her to everyone!

Sent on 09/06/2017

Allison · Married on 07/22/2017

Hiring Sara, the owner of With Grace & Love Events, as our planner for my July 2017 wedding was the SINGLE BEST DECISION my husband and I made during our wedding planning process. We were initially EXTREMELY hesitant to hire a planner for various reasons, mainly -- 1) We wanted to minimize extraneous costs wherever possible, and 2) I really thought I could probably handle things myself come wedding day. We chose the day-of coordination package, but Sara want SO far beyond the call of duty for our package it isn't even funny. She was involved in nearly every aspect of our wedding in the countdown towards the big day, and COMPLETELY took the reins in the final weeks -- leaving me, my husband, my parents and bridal party to simply show up to our wedding, be fully present in every moment, and enjoy the day to its absolute fullest. She was worth every single penny spent, and then some (and even SAVED us a ton of cash by putting us in contact with some incredible vendors we would have had no idea about otherwise).

Wedding day: My husband and I truly felt like first class guests at our own wedding. All we had to do was show up to the most perfectly executed event I have ever seen, and have a blast. The end. SARA HANDLED EVERYTHING. SARA THINKS OF EVERYTHING. (And when I say everything, I mean everything -- and she'll think of it and handle it before you even have a chance to.)

SARA LITERALLY KNOWS ALL, DOES ALL, AND MAKES IT LOOK EFFORTLESS. Her intuition for the wedding industry is uncanny. Any meeting or conversation with her is like catching up with an amazing friend. It is literally impossible to be stressed out or nervous in her presence. She somehow flawlessly meshes with anyone of any personality type that exists. She carries herself with such profound poise -- "With Grace and Love" couldn't be more accurate.

I fully attribute the absolute crazy success of our wedding day to Sara and her team. THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF OUR HEARTS FOR ALL YOU DO!!!

Sent on 07/24/2017

Jessica · Married on 05/20/2017

Worth. Every. Penny.

Mary is magic.

Hiring WG&L was, hands down, the smartest decision we made and guaranteed a perfect day. I am super organized and a control freak, yet I trusted Mary 100%. She went above and beyond day-of coordination even though this was the scope of her contract. In the months leading up to our nuptials she made time for phone calls and was very responsive to my texts and dilemmas. She helped answer all of my wedding protocol questions and navigate family dynamics. Her insight is invaluable.

Our wedding day was VERY HOT and she tracked the weather like a hawk, updating me on forecasts and offering suggestions. While providing advice she also gave me complete freedom to choose and respected my opinion-- with the weather and with a million other details. When I needed help nudging vendors she nudged, and she had my back every moment from the first days of planning to the sparkler exit. She bustled my dress, dried my happy tears, and ordered us pizza for a 2am post-wedding feast. No detail is forgotten with Mary-- she is a gem of human and an expert wedding planner.

Mary is the most friendly person and since my wedding I've missed being in touch with her. She really becomes a friend along the path of planning, and is always poised, professional and empathic. I could not adore or recommend her more.

Sent on 09/02/2017

Alexandra · Married on 04/08/2017

I am a pretty organized person who is used to managing large projects and juggling lots of things at once. But on your wedding day, you want to relax knowing that all your hard work planning and your vision will come together by someone who knows how to get it done right. Sara and the team at With Grace and Love are those people!

Sara was such an amazing help to us and our families throughout the wedding planning process. From making vendor recommendations, answering questions about rental items and timelines, to personally searching several different craft stores to help find the right shade of grey poster board for my welcome sign, Sara was always available and quick to respond and help! She was even so kind to help my mother-in-law pull off a beautiful rehearsal dinner the evening before, totally going above and beyond!

When the weather began to turn for the worse the week before our outdoor wedding, Sara called or texted me daily with updates and recommendations, and made sure to understand exactly what we wanted so she could make it happen on the day if at all possible. I never doubted throughout the planning process (and especially on my wedding day) that she had our interests in mind first, always keeping a calm and friendly demeanor while still very much in control of the whole event.

Me, my husband, and our families all wholeheartedly recommend With Grace and Love. They were so fun, knowledgeable, easy to work with, and made our special day come together without a hitch. I am so grateful that we picked Sara to help coordinate our wedding, we truly couldn't have done it without her!

Sent on 06/05/2017

Andrea · Married on 10/29/2016

My wedding would not have turned out as amazing as it did if I had not work with Sara! I have absolutely no regrets about hiring Sara as my day of coordinator because she was so much more than that. Sara was available from the day I hired her (about 8 months before my wedding) until even the day after my wedding! I was able to ask her questions like the best timeline for the wedding so I could figure out a ceremony start time to put on my invitations, and questions about vendor contracts.
    Sara was a huge help when the weather decided to get a little crazy on me two weeks before the wedding, the chance of rain fluctuated from 20% to 70% chance rain all the way up until the wedding day! Sara helped us figure out a rain plan (I had a plan A, B, and C), and she even helped book a tent rental for our rain plan and she let us use a credit she had with a rental company! We had a little issue with the open bar at our venue the day of the wedding, and Sara took care of everything without having to get my husband and I involved! And I said Sara was even available to help the day after the wedding, our lighting vendor really messed up and did not take down some lighting at the scheduled time and there was an event the next day. Sara was able to help us straighten things out. These were all things I realized after the wedding!
    I was definitely stressed the last couple weeks before the big day, especially because of the weather, but Sara was always available to chat, she was always energetic and excited, and she assured me that if I trusted her, everything would turn out great, and it really honestly did! She really knows what she is doing. Sara makes you feel like you are her only client (even though I'm sure she has a lot going on), she helps figure out solutions to problems without compromising your wedding plans, she takes care of situations on the day of your wedding without getting you involved, she does not push her own agenda, but offers her experience!

Sent on 01/18/2017

annika · Married on 08/05/2016

Sara is simply THE BEST. She's incredibly organized, professional, knowledgable, talented and kind. Immediately she put us at ease with her calm yet assertive demeanor. As our wedding planner she helped to make the process as fun and stress free as possible. We completely trusted her opinion, appreciated her style and greatly valued her honesty. Her patience and attention to detail truly makes for perfection. She definitely went above and beyond and I would highly recommend her to any future bride & groom. We felt extremely lucky to have had the opportunity to work with her!

Sent on 11/17/2016

Bill · Married on 05/21/2016

Sara is very knowledgeable about all aspects of wedding planning. We are Garden Wishes Sacramento, her preferred florist, and LOVE working with her during the planning phase and wedding day execution of the event. She is super organized with a lovely, calm, friendly personality. You will LOVE working with Sara Renfro, with Grace and Love Events. We highly recommend booking her early to get her on the calendar. Bill and Mary Kuyper

Sent on 11/13/2016

Morgan · Married on 04/16/2016

Pick With Grace and Love! Pick Sara! You will be so happy you did!

I used this team for partial-coordination and day-of coordination for my wedding on May 21st of this year.

With Grace and Love Events gave me the most perfect wedding in every way! She took my ideas and inspiration and materialized it, literally to a T. I only wish I could articulate how dreamily wonderful my wedding was. I have heard from over half of my wedding guests, “that was the best wedding I have ever been to!”

Specifically, Sara is the most proactive and helpful person I have ever worked with in any dimension of my life. She is inexplicably organized and motivated. Let me also mention how very patient and professional she is working with crazy brides like myself! Everyone in my family, myself included, was expansively impressed with her throughout the entire planning process and the day of… and they verbalized it often!

I’m not sure if Sara slept at all in the 6 months we worked together. She was available (nearly) 24 hours a day and 7 days a week to chat with me, answer any questions, and quell all my wedding-related panic attacks! She coordinated with all my vendors countless times, scheduled payments, and nailed down every detail of the day. She has a plethora of connections in the wedding world and made my all decisions effortless. I continue to tell everyone that not a single thing went wrong or astray on my wedding day. I sincerely believe that is because of Sara’s organization. I can’t name a single thing that I had to “handle” – Sara took care of literally everything and if anything needed to be worked out, I didn’t hear anything about it! The day rolled out seamlessly and all I had to do was sit back and be pretty! This could be you!

I really enjoyed getting to know Sara over the last 6 months. She is truly a treasure and I appreciate her so much! I can’t encourage you enough to pick this team for your dream wedding!

Sent on 06/26/2016