Winterbourne Inn on the St.Johns Reviews

Winterbourne Inn on the St.Johns 3
Winterbourne Inn on the St.Johns 4
Winterbourne Inn on the St.Johns 5

Jean · Married on 05/19/2018

The staff was exceptional. Our special day could not have been better.

Lauren · Married on 03/30/2018

Wonderful! Great wedding experience from planning to execution. Couldn’t have been happier.

• Katie

Katie · Married on 11/11/2017

Where to begin?! Our wedding was gorgeous and we have received so many compliments on the place, the inn, and the food!! The food was amazing. Kim J. Worked with me from when I contacted her in February and was out DOC. She was so calm and made everything run so smoothly. Thank you for making my wedding perfect!

Sarah · Married on 10/08/2017

I cannot say enough great things about the Winterbourne Inn and staff. Kimberly was beyond helpful throughout the entire wedding process even in the middle of hurricane season. Unfortunately it decided to rain on our wedding day but she made sure to keep me calm and reassure me that everything was being handled and it was still going to be beautiful. And boy was she right!! The whole staff was amazing and always made us feel welcome!! I am so so glad we decided to get married here.

Robin · Married on 09/16/2017

We had a themed wedding based off “The Notebook” movie at the Winterbourne Inn. It was the perfect venue and a dream come true. The staff at the Winterbourne Inn were AMAZING. Kimberly and Bonnie went above and beyond. We attended their food tastings and met with them several times to review many details. They were so easy to work with, so accommodating, and the staff worked so hard to make every detail perfect. We thought the food was absolutely fantastic, and as we talked to our guests, we kept hearing over and over from everyone that the food was the best they had ever had. Everything went as planned and stayed on schedule, it was a wonderful evening. We would HIGHLY recommend the Winterbourne Inn for your wedding or any elegant event. (On a side note, our wedding was the Saturday following when Hurricane Irma hit our area and the staff at Winterbourne Inn did a fantastic job and went over and above to make our wedding perfect on our day.)

Winterbourne Inn on the St.Johns 6
    Winterbourne Inn on the St.Johns 7
    Winterbourne Inn on the St.Johns 8
    Winterbourne Inn on the St.Johns 9
    Winterbourne Inn on the St.Johns 10

Marissa · Married on 09/08/2017

My husband and I chose to get married in September 8th. With hurricane irma headed our way here in Florida , we had a lot of dissapoting hiccups along the way . A day before my wedding our original venue canceled on us . Luckily we found this beautiful venue last minute . It was truly a Miricle ! our wedding ended up being even more beautiful than planned & it would've never happened if it weren't for the flexible and amazing staff here at the winterbourn inn. They are truly a 10 out of 10 venue !

Sent on 09/10/2017

Winterbourne Inn on the St.Johns's reply:

We're so glad that we were able to wow you, Marissa! We love being able to go above and beyond for our customers and are so glad that we were able to accommodate you on such a special event in your life. Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review and recommend us. We truly appreciate it and are so happy that we were able to make your day that much more amazing. Please keep us in mind if you ever need anything in the future.

Lani · Married on 02/19/2017

Absolutely stunning venue! The weather was perfect, our rehearsal was smooth. The day of wedding coordinator Kim was amazing, patient and incredibly helpful!

Patricia · Married on 07/30/2016

We are absolutely thrilled that we chose the Winterbourne Inn for our wedding! If you are looking for a country or old world feel, this is the place. Kim and the entire Winterbourne staff were wonderful to work with and everything went together perfectly for our special day. Everyone was extremely pleased with the atmosphere and the food was tremendous (fried chicken, roast beef, mashed potato bar, salad bar, green bean almandine, seasonal mixed vegetables, crab stuffed mushrooms, and southwest egg rolls). If I had to do it all over again I would definitely choose the Winterbourne again in a hearbeat!

Barbara · Married on 05/21/2016

A huge thank you to the entire staff for making my daughters wedding a success!
    We are so pleased!

Michelle · Married on 03/12/2016

The Winterbourne Inn is a gorgeous (and perfect) wedding venue! We and our guests loved the beautiful moss covered trees, the St. Johns river in the back, and the historic home. I have nothing but positive things to say about our wedding here - it was everything I could have imagined. The bridesmaids and I got ready upstairs in Room 4, where the hair and makeup vendors were able to meet us and have plenty of room for all of us. Our day of coordinator, Jackie, made the event go so smoothly and was so sweet in being attentive to our needs. The food was incredible, even better than what we had sampled at the tasting event! We opted for the cajun chicken and flank steak which our guests raved about! The view was incredible and our guests enjoyed being able to walk in and out of venue, onto the covered patio to grab their drinks, and then being able to play cornhole on the lawn. After the wedding, we had the after party at the pub right next door on property which ended our night perfectly. The staff at Winterbourne is incredible! They were always responsive to my emails and numerous questions. I would highly recommend this gorgeous venue to any bride.

Ena · Married on 03/12/2016

First let me start by saying how gorgeous this venue is! It's right on the river and the house has such a rustic charm!
    They definitely keep the house well maintained.
    From the tour that I had with them to see what their place looked like up until the end of my wedding when we were packing up, they made sure that everything was well organized. Trisha, who I communicated with through email, answered all my questions promptly and made sure that our needs were met. The staff has so much care and love for what they do and it definitely shows. They make sure to take care of your needs from decorating start time to being fed during the hors d'oeuvres while getting your pictures taken! I would recommend hiring on their day of wedding coordinator as they make sure that everything runs smoothly. We had the pleasure of working with Connie as our coordinator and the way she worked made us feel very comfortable (she even made sure to have someone get a stain out of my wedding dress!!!!!). If you're in the area or even are an out of town bride, I would definitely recommend Winterbourne. Not only for the beautiful location but the amazing service you will receive!

Jennifer · Married on 12/19/2015

The Winterbourne was the perfect place for our 12/19 wedding! Everything about the day was beautiful. I highly recommend getting the day-of coordination service--my coordinator, Kim P., was an absolute lifesaver and worked so hard to make sure that everything went smoothly and on schedule. The food was great and everyone raved about the roast beef! I booked the bridal suite upstairs to get ready in and kill time with my bridesmaids, and it was great for pictures. Another big perk of this venue is they allow you to bring in your own alcohol. As an out-of-state bride, I really appreciated the vendor suggestions that the Winterbourne made--we used Lori Parker for flowers, St Johns for lighting, and the local Publix for the cake (which multiple people said was the best wedding cake they'd ever tasted!). The day was beautiful and I couldn't imagine anything better.

Harlie · Married on 10/08/2015

This venue was outstanding. The staff was amazing. I would highly recommend hiring their wedding coordinator. They know what they are doing because its their venue and one of the girls will help you be more stress free on the day f your wedding. The food was fantastic. We went with the Italian feast and not one of our guest had a negative thing to say about it. Its a very vintage style venue. You get to take advantage of whats already there for you. Its perfect for that simple vintage wedding we were going for. Thank you all again for being so great to us. <3

Thank you, Winterbourne Staff, for being top notch. You made my wedding day so special. You were on top of everything. Kim and Ayla were great! I couldn't be happier with the beautiful Winterbourne as our wedding venue!

Kristie · Married on 09/13/2015

We absolutely loved this location and the staff was wonderful! We could not have asked for a better day.

Kathy · Married on 08/01/2015

Kim was awesome to work with. She was very flexible, courtesy and extremely helpful. The staff the night of our event was great! I would definitely recommend Winterbourne to others.

Kristen · Married on 07/18/2015

I cannot overstate my gratitude with the staff of The Winterbourne. Trisha and Ayla were amazing. They were constantly checking on me and my groom and did whatever they could to make sure the day was flawless, which it was! I have never been to a wedding where nothing went wrong, but somehow they managed to make the day perfect! The venue itself is beautiful and the food is delicious, but the amazing staff are what set The Winterbourne above the rest.

• Elora

Elora · Married on 07/10/2015

I LOVED THIS VENUE! The Winterbourne is absolutely beautiful! The ceremony area with the moss covered trees and the river backdrop is magical (especially with the lights from St Johns Illuminations!) The receptions space was perfect for our amount of guests. Guests are still talking about how amazin the food was (Mac and Cheese and Pulled Pork YUMMMM!) The staff was amazing. Our day of coordinator, Bonnie, was awesome and was so meticulous about what we wanted (SHOUT OUT: the waitress Ayla took great care of not only my husband and I, but also my parents specifically). I could not imagine having our day anywhere else.

reviewing for my daughter's wedding. the only part I would suggest attention needed for were the chairs in doors and out. indoor needing painting and outdoor needing bleaching. also the porch had wood replaced and was supposed to have been painted but was not.

Cheryl · Married on 05/08/2015

AWESOME! Would definitely use them again.

Katie · Married on 04/11/2015

The Winterbourne Inn is an absolutely beautiful venue and the perfect spot for a wedding. The scenery, the view, the food, the staff, everything is absolutely amazing. From the beginning of the process to our wedding day, everything was perfect. The staff is so quick to respond to questions, and extremely accommodating with any request that we had. My wedding day went totally smooth and I owe it all to the ladies at the Winterbourne. I could not have asked for anything better, and the Winterbourne Inn allowed me to have the wedding of my dreams.

Amanda · Married on 03/15/2015

PERFECTION! There isn't a single negative comment I can think of when I look back on my wedding day. It was absolutely perfect and I owe it all to all of the wonderful people at the Winterbourne. From day 1, we booked the Winterbourne on the spot, it is so incredibly charming and beautiful. I can't tell you how easy they were to work with. I had an exact vision of my wedding day and I'll admit I was slightly neurotic about it, Trisha and Bonnie were so wonderful and guided me through every step of the way. Sometimes I would even email them in the middle of the night and they would respond and it was so comforting. You can really tell that everyone at the Winterbourne loves their job. Bonnie was our day of coordinator, and I truly have to say THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart, I am so grateful that you were there. There wasn't a single hiccup on our wedding day. When I say it went perfectly, it truly did. Oh and I didn't even mention the food....It was fantastic! Best food at a wedding I've ever had. I could literally go on for pages about how awesome our wedding was because of everyone at the Winterbourne. Thank you for making our wedding day everything I ever dreamed of. <3

Alanna · Married on 03/14/2015

Winterbourne Inn is absolutely beautiful, and was the perfect location for our wedding. You can't beat the views right on the river or the charm of the historic house. Even better than the beauty of the venue was the professionalism and kindness of Winterbourne's staff. They were easy to work with from start to finish, and ensured our special day went smoothly. We are especially incredibly thankful for Kim, who was our day of coordinator and ran our rehearsal. She was very kind and a pleasure to work with. The best thing about this venue is THE FOOD. We served brunch, and it was absolutely delicious! We got so many compliments from our guests about how good everything was, and how it was so much better and more creative than standard wedding dinner fare. I wish Winterbourne were a restaurant we could keep coming back to! All in all, I honestly could not have dreamed up a better place to celebrate our special day. The staff and experience were truly wonderful, and you cannot beat the value you're getting, as they are very reasonably priced.

Grace · Married on 03/08/2015

This venue was exactly what I was looking for! They were a great value and my day went smoothly thanks to BONNIE!!!!!!!!! She is wonderful!!I did the day of service and there are no words to describe how incredible she was. She kept track of my vendors (and guests) and made sure we were taken care of every step of the way. The food was delicious, and everybody loved the entire experience. I would recommend the Winterbourne, and Bonnie, to anybody searching for a venue.