Winning Wit Reviews

41 | Arlington, VA

41 Reviews for Winning Wit

George V · Getting married on 06/08/2022

Very pleased

Speech went great! Everyone absolutely loved it and everyone that spoke after me said I was a tough act to follow. Your service really saved me and I would definitely use you again!

Sent on 09/02/2020

Rick D. · Getting married on 01/01/2022

Best talk I've given in 40 years

Seriously, fathers were asking me for my notes… said I really raised the bar. The toast was a real crowd-pleaser. My daughter and son in law asked for my script for her memories. Awesome.

Sent on 01/27/2020

Rick D. · Getting married on 01/01/2022

Exceptional

My FOB speech went spectacularly!! I cannot tell you the number of people who came up and told me how great of a toast it was or the best they had ever heard. Women said they were in tears the last half of the toast, starting from where I thanked my son in law for giving me the piece of mind that my daughter was with a great man. One woman said her daughter was getting married and her husband wanted to give the same toast. I told her I was done with it and would let him have it for $75 American. She laughed and offered $50 tops. We both know it was worth waaaaay more than that!

My principal audience of one--my daughter --called yesterday and told me that my toast meant the world to her and she would never forget it. For that, Geoff, I am forever in your debt.

Sent on 01/29/2020

Jim V · Getting married on 07/09/2021

Great job guys

Just wanted to follow up with a quick note and thank you for the wonderful speech. The wedding went off as expected and the speech was a huge hit! Got the laughs at all the right spots and received several compliments. Thanks again for the tremendous job you all did!!

Sent on 09/30/2020
  • Dave

Dave · Getting married on 07/01/2021

Stop searching the internet for speech’s, contact Winning Wit Now!

Highly recommend Winning Wit, Geoff is awesome! Worked with me and took my ideas and words and put together a great speech. He will make rewrites until your happy, and you will be. My daughter was just married this past weekend and my speech was a big hit! It was emotional and very funny and everyone felt those moments, lots of tears and laughs at all the right times. Everything hit! Everyone came up to me and said how great it was and most importantly my daughter and now son in law we’re touched,
    I can not thank you enough, you helped make a lasting memory for me, my daughter and all my family and the guests that will last a lifetime. Don’t think twice, just call and talk to Geoff, you will not be disappointed. I am more than pleased.

Sent on 01/21/2020

Abigail · Married on 04/19/2020

Winning Wit is like having a best friend, coach, and wingman, all rolled into one.

If you want to actually enjoy giving a speech, I cannot recommend Winning Wit more. I was asked to give a toast at a good friend’s wedding. I don’t mind public speaking, but there’s something about having to face loved ones in a crowd of mixed company when you have limited time that had me worried I was going to screw it up. So, I reached out to Winning Wit to see if they could help. And just like a best friend would, Geoff responded to me quickly and was a good listener. He sent me a survey asking about what I wanted to say, which was easy to fill out. I had so much to say but wasn’t sure what to say or how. So despite all the random thoughts and ideas I submitted, in an amazingly short period of time Geoff sent me a draft speech. The speech he crafted were my thoughts but they sounded better, funnier and more thoughtful than I could have ever done myself. Not only was the speech a written work of art, it gave me a game plan to engage the audience, know when to pause, where to look, in a concise and easy to read format. It was so well-written, I was worried I was going to mess up actually delivering it. But here again, Winning Wit doesn’t just give you a game plan. Geoff coached me up with ideas and good tips on delivery. When I stumbled on some phrasing or found that it wasn’t reading easily for me, Geoff really listened and suggested rewrites based on my feedback. And like a good wingman, he talked me up, helping me with delivery and timing, and making me feel like I couldn’t fail when I gave this speech. And I didn’t! While I was nervous and slightly intimidated by the other speakers, I used the coaching and mind tricks Geoff gave me to bring down the house. I had the bride and groom laughing, then hugging me at the end. I had people buying me drinks afterwards saying I had the funniest line of the night. And I still have people telling me days later what a great speech it was, both funny but also heartfelt and touching. While I was the one up there giving the speech, I knew it was the talents and coaching of Winning Wit that helped me get there.

Sent on 11/18/2020

Winning Wit 's reply:

It was our honor to lend a hand, Abigail. Congrats on creating an awesome memory your friends will never forget!

Chris J · Married on 09/21/2019

Very happy

I just wanted to let you know the Speech Great!! I had people crying and Laughing. People are still complimenting me on how well it went and sounded. Totally hit the mark and made the wedding speech for my daughter one to remember.

Sent on 10/01/2019

Steven L · Married on 09/07/2019

Money well spent!

It was a huge hit! People came up to me over and over saying how great it was. Other terms used were awesome, fantastic, and you killed it. Most importantly my daughter said to me at the end of it (I was standing right next to her as you advised) “You’re amazing!” That’s all I wanted to hear.

So thanks again for everything!

Sent on 09/23/2019

Tim M · Married on 09/01/2019

Excellent!

Geoff- mahalo nui loa - Thank you very much. The FOB speech was special and the wedding a huge success. You guys really helped make a difference and allowed me to relax heading into the big day. Thanks, again.

Sent on 09/03/2019

Jeff D. · Married on 08/31/2019

Knocked it out of the park!!

Thanks Geoff!!! My speech was a huge success. I can’t tell you how many people came to me and said that was awesome!! A friend of mine who is a phenomenal speaker/writer told me he would give that a 9.5 out of 10. He even told me he would be stealing some of my lines from my speech to use in his daughters wedding in January.

Sent on 09/01/2019
  • F

Frank P · Married on 06/29/2019

Awesome experience!!

I contacted Winning Wit because I wanted to give a great speech for my daughter but really didn't know what to say or how to say it. They had a bunch of conversations with me to learn about our relationship and everything else then wrote a really funny and warm speech that my daughter loved!! I'm normally not a very expressive guy but this speech made my daughter cry and everyone was complementing me afterwards. I honestly never knew I could give a speech like this! My daughter was as shocked as me!

Sent on 07/08/2019
  • J Gary

J Gary · Married on 05/04/2019

Knocked it out of the park!

Geoff was super easy to work with. Great speech and preparation for the father of the bride speech. Can't beat the great advice of the delivery of the message. Positive experience.

Sent on 05/13/2019

Alan R. · Married on 04/13/2019

I'll be back for two more!!

The speech made both the bride and groom laugh and cry, along with a fair number of sensitive people in the room. The overseas crowd loved the Portuguese greeting - nice touch!

Comments afterwards ranged from superb speech to I should do stand-up, haha. Of course there was the threat from my two younger daughters that I can’t reuse anything when their time comes!

Thank you very much for sharing your talents and making my speech at my daughter’s wedding a success.

Sent on 04/14/2019

Aaron P. · Married on 03/09/2019

Nailed it!

Geoff I'll tell ya, I'm not a huge public speaker, but I practiced almost every chance I had, I even rehearsed it in front of my co-workers, (who laughed as well) and when it came time for the speech it all just flowed and it was because of your awesomeness, your ability to write speeches for someone like me, who didn't take speech class in school. It was so well written that I could break it down by parts so I could deliver the speech without cards, all done by memory along with a little improvising that I just spun off your jokes, like how Famous Dave's is now famous for two things and not just BBQ. Most important I Shined! Not as bright as the bride of course, but they both loved it. The bride laughed, cried and then laughed again, just like I did the first time read it and I assure you she will never forget it. ( mission accomplished) All through the night I had recieved compliments on the speech and the performance which I owe to you. Geoff, Bravo to you and your team, really if I could give ten stars I would, I can't say enough and I can't begin to thank you enough, it was PERFECT! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

Sent on 03/13/2019

Winning Wit 's reply:

Aaron - it was our honor to lend a hand. Great job and congrats on creating such an awesome memory for your daughter!!

Greg · Married on 01/20/2019

Great Father of the Bride Speech!!

Geoff, I want to thank you or the speech you created for me. People laughed! People cried! People were riveted! I was complimented by at least half the people in the room as being the best wedding speech they have ever heard! You more than lived up to the expectations I had for your service. As a novice at public speaking I was tremendously surprised at the overwhelming positive response to my delivery and content. I definitely made the right decision to hire your service. I will be using you every time I have a speaking engagement. Oh yeah the wedding was great as well! Thanks again

Sent on 01/23/2019

Anonymous · Married on 12/01/2018

Outstanding!

This was the second time that I have engaged Geoff Wolner.. I put all my thoughts down on paper and Geoff was able to not only formulate an incredible speech but we spoke many times where we made many changes until it came out EXACTLY right,, I ended up calling him and told him that I pulled it off with out a hitch..It was fantastic..My friends and others in attendence said to me after I read all my words that they never heard such a heart felt , warm and truthful speech..My friends all wanted a copy of it ..In fact people stood up and applauded as my delivery was PERFECT..People were crying and my Kids and family as well could not believe that it went so flaulessly . .There is no doubt that Geoff can work magic and assist you in creating an INCREDIBLE speech that will WOW everyone in attendence. An amazing experience ...

Sent on 12/10/2018

Guillermo Potes · Married on 11/16/2018

Too bad I cannot rate it with 10 stars.

OMG Geoff, what can I tell you.
    My father of the bride speech was a smashing success. I knocked it out of the park.
    I got emotional and made cry half of the guests, including men. I was interrupted many times with applauses which gave time to composure my self.
    Most guests approached and congratulated me for the best speech they ever heard.
    The level of humor was exactly what i was looking for.
    Your new business slogan should be:
    We write. You deliver. They cry!!!
    Thanks a million for an unforgettable memory

Sent on 11/18/2018
  • Anoymous

Anoymous · Married on 10/20/2018

Absolutely amazing! Mic drop worthy

My husband was very nervous about giving the father daughter speech. I was extremely upset too. Our daughter kept saying, “I hope Dad doesn’t try to be funny ... I hope he doesn’t embarrass me.” I was horrified. I didn’t know what to do. We had a lot of people attending and I didn’t want my husband to look foolish in front of 200 people. I knew between the two of us we couldn’t come up with a decent speech. We knew what we wanted to say but not quite sure how to say it and I didn’t want him to “ramble on and on and on” like he has a tendency to do.
    Just on a whim, I googled wedding speeches and “Winning Wit” came up right away. I contacted Geoff and he was so nice. Geoff made it so easy. He sent my husband a short questionnaire and within a day, a beautiful, tear jerking speech was sent back to us.
    I hate to say it but I think it was the high light of the wedding.i swear everyone’s mouth was on the floor not to mention there wasn’t dry eye in the place. The wedding was in October and people are still talking about that speech. When people talk about the wedding, they say... God, that speech was amazing. All of my husband’s friends want a copy of it for their “future daughter’s wedding”. The only thing that I wish I could change is that my husband should have “dropped the microphone “ when he was done because it truly was a mic dropping moment! Hahaha! Our other daughter is getting married next year. Winning Wit will be writing another speech for us! Thank God! Geoff is an extremely gifted and talented writer. If you have to give a father daughter speech, best man or maid of honor speech, look no further.... Winning Wit will make you look like a rockstar. I know .... because my husband sure looked like one. He was so proud not only to give our daughter the wedding of her dreams but also that he could send her off with words that she will cherish for a lifetime. She certainly wasn’t embarrassed by her dad’s words... she cried! She always knew that her Dad loved her but to stand in front of 200 people and deliver such a loving, meaningful, powerful speech... made the day unforgettable and perfect! I recommend Winning Witt in the very highest of terms!

Sent on 01/31/2019

Judy · Married on 09/15/2018

excellent experience with professionalism and very willing to accommodate our needs

Sent on 09/25/2018

Pat Mccolgan · Married on 08/11/2018

Experience

Did there homework on the information that they used for the speech . Very responsive on any questions or concerns and were easy to work with because they listen to my needs.

Sent on 10/22/2018

Thomas · Married on 07/21/2018

Obviously I cannot rate them any higher than I have.....although I would if it were possible! I had scanned all the internet Father of the Bride speeches before contacting Geoff and I was very underwhelmed. I also didn't want my special day to involve plagiarizing a bunch of overused prose. I opted for the 5-7 minute speech, was given a detailed questionnaire. I filled it out and within 2 days had received a wonderful and original speech. I had a few items I wanted to be worked on and again the response was fast and the resulting changes were great. Geoff, thanks for the all help. I'd recoomend you guys to anyone who wants to make an extra special speech. Tom

Sent on 07/13/2018

Winning Wit 's reply:

Thanks for the great review Thomas! It was our honor to lend a hand!

Scott · Married on 06/23/2018

Awesome! Absolutely perfect!

Sent on 06/24/2018

Dennis · Married on 05/19/2018

Geoff and his Team's responsiveness and succinct outline, took my several weeks' worth of notes and comments and produced an invaluable 2 - 3 minute summary that took the pressure off. I was comfortable with what was provided, adlibbed a bit and received numerous comments regarding my initial Father of the Bride toast. I humbly think my toast only came in second to my daughter's and son-in-law's vows - they were awesome!! I feel what I delivered complimented their commitment to one another. I would use Winning Wit's support again!!!! Thank you - Dennis

Sent on 05/22/2018

Winning Wit 's reply:

It was our pleasure to help, Dennis!

John · Married on 05/05/2018

The speech was so moving that some cried, some laughed, some wondered how long I took to put together the speech. My daughter was very impressed and her new husband kept on congratulating me during the bridal dance.

Sent on 05/10/2018

Winning Wit 's reply:

It was our pleasure to help, John! Congrats on your daughter's big day!

Julia · Married on 02/17/2018

Geoff of Winning Wit wrote me the most fantastic speech that I gave to my husband at our Vegas wedding. The entire crowd was absolutely in stitches. I don't know how he did it, but the speech came across as if he'd known us for years. I got so many compliments and people we're repeating some of the lines all night.

He was great to work with too: super friendly, walked me through the entire process, and incorporated all of my ideas.

I would absolutely recommend him to anyone getting married, or involved in a wedding at all.

Sent on 03/07/2018

Winning Wit 's reply:

Thanks Julia, it was our honor to help!