Winning Wit Reviews

28 | Arlington, VA

28 Reviews for Winning Wit

Aaron P. · Married on 03/09/2019

Nailed it!

Geoff I'll tell ya, I'm not a huge public speaker, but I practiced almost every chance I had, I even rehearsed it in front of my co-workers, (who laughed as well) and when it came time for the speech it all just flowed and it was because of your awesomeness, your ability to write speeches for someone like me, who didn't take speech class in school. It was so well written that I could break it down by parts so I could deliver the speech without cards, all done by memory along with a little improvising that I just spun off your jokes, like how Famous Dave's is now famous for two things and not just BBQ. Most important I Shined! Not as bright as the bride of course, but they both loved it. The bride laughed, cried and then laughed again, just like I did the first time read it and I assure you she will never forget it. ( mission accomplished) All through the night I had recieved compliments on the speech and the performance which I owe to you. Geoff, Bravo to you and your team, really if I could give ten stars I would, I can't say enough and I can't begin to thank you enough, it was PERFECT! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

Sent on 03/13/2019

Winning Wit 's reply:

Aaron - it was our honor to lend a hand. Great job and congrats on creating such an awesome memory for your daughter!!

Greg · Married on 01/20/2019

Great Father of the Bride Speech!!

Geoff, I want to thank you or the speech you created for me. People laughed! People cried! People were riveted! I was complimented by at least half the people in the room as being the best wedding speech they have ever heard! You more than lived up to the expectations I had for your service. As a novice at public speaking I was tremendously surprised at the overwhelming positive response to my delivery and content. I definitely made the right decision to hire your service. I will be using you every time I have a speaking engagement. Oh yeah the wedding was great as well! Thanks again

Anonymous · Married on 12/01/2018

Outstanding!

This was the second time that I have engaged Geoff Wolner.. I put all my thoughts down on paper and Geoff was able to not only formulate an incredible speech but we spoke many times where we made many changes until it came out EXACTLY right,, I ended up calling him and told him that I pulled it off with out a hitch..It was fantastic..My friends and others in attendence said to me after I read all my words that they never heard such a heart felt , warm and truthful speech..My friends all wanted a copy of it ..In fact people stood up and applauded as my delivery was PERFECT..People were crying and my Kids and family as well could not believe that it went so flaulessly . .There is no doubt that Geoff can work magic and assist you in creating an INCREDIBLE speech that will WOW everyone in attendence. An amazing experience ...

Guillermo Potes · Married on 11/16/2018

Too bad I cannot rate it with 10 stars.

OMG Geoff, what can I tell you.
    My father of the bride speech was a smashing success. I knocked it out of the park.
    I got emotional and made cry half of the guests, including men. I was interrupted many times with applauses which gave time to composure my self.
    Most guests approached and congratulated me for the best speech they ever heard.
    The level of humor was exactly what i was looking for.
    Your new business slogan should be:
    We write. You deliver. They cry!!!
    Thanks a million for an unforgettable memory

• Anoymous

Anoymous · Married on 10/20/2018

Absolutely amazing! Mic drop worthy

My husband was very nervous about giving the father daughter speech. I was extremely upset too. Our daughter kept saying, “I hope Dad doesn’t try to be funny ... I hope he doesn’t embarrass me.” I was horrified. I didn’t know what to do. We had a lot of people attending and I didn’t want my husband to look foolish in front of 200 people. I knew between the two of us we couldn’t come up with a decent speech. We knew what we wanted to say but not quite sure how to say it and I didn’t want him to “ramble on and on and on” like he has a tendency to do.
    Just on a whim, I googled wedding speeches and “Winning Wit” came up right away. I contacted Geoff and he was so nice. Geoff made it so easy. He sent my husband a short questionnaire and within a day, a beautiful, tear jerking speech was sent back to us.
    I hate to say it but I think it was the high light of the wedding.i swear everyone’s mouth was on the floor not to mention there wasn’t dry eye in the place. The wedding was in October and people are still talking about that speech. When people talk about the wedding, they say... God, that speech was amazing. All of my husband’s friends want a copy of it for their “future daughter’s wedding”. The only thing that I wish I could change is that my husband should have “dropped the microphone “ when he was done because it truly was a mic dropping moment! Hahaha! Our other daughter is getting married next year. Winning Wit will be writing another speech for us! Thank God! Geoff is an extremely gifted and talented writer. If you have to give a father daughter speech, best man or maid of honor speech, look no further.... Winning Wit will make you look like a rockstar. I know .... because my husband sure looked like one. He was so proud not only to give our daughter the wedding of her dreams but also that he could send her off with words that she will cherish for a lifetime. She certainly wasn’t embarrassed by her dad’s words... she cried! She always knew that her Dad loved her but to stand in front of 200 people and deliver such a loving, meaningful, powerful speech... made the day unforgettable and perfect! I recommend Winning Witt in the very highest of terms!

Judy · Married on 09/15/2018

excellent experience with professionalism and very willing to accommodate our needs

Pat Mccolgan · Married on 08/11/2018

Experience

Did there homework on the information that they used for the speech . Very responsive on any questions or concerns and were easy to work with because they listen to my needs.

Thomas · Married on 07/21/2018

Obviously I cannot rate them any higher than I have.....although I would if it were possible! I had scanned all the internet Father of the Bride speeches before contacting Geoff and I was very underwhelmed. I also didn't want my special day to involve plagiarizing a bunch of overused prose. I opted for the 5-7 minute speech, was given a detailed questionnaire. I filled it out and within 2 days had received a wonderful and original speech. I had a few items I wanted to be worked on and again the response was fast and the resulting changes were great. Geoff, thanks for the all help. I'd recoomend you guys to anyone who wants to make an extra special speech. Tom

Sent on 07/13/2018

Winning Wit 's reply:

Thanks for the great review Thomas! It was our honor to lend a hand!

Scott · Married on 06/23/2018

Awesome! Absolutely perfect!

Dennis · Married on 05/19/2018

Geoff and his Team's responsiveness and succinct outline, took my several weeks' worth of notes and comments and produced an invaluable 2 - 3 minute summary that took the pressure off. I was comfortable with what was provided, adlibbed a bit and received numerous comments regarding my initial Father of the Bride toast. I humbly think my toast only came in second to my daughter's and son-in-law's vows - they were awesome!! I feel what I delivered complimented their commitment to one another. I would use Winning Wit's support again!!!! Thank you - Dennis

Sent on 05/22/2018

Winning Wit 's reply:

It was our pleasure to help, Dennis!

John · Married on 05/05/2018

The speech was so moving that some cried, some laughed, some wondered how long I took to put together the speech. My daughter was very impressed and her new husband kept on congratulating me during the bridal dance.

Sent on 05/10/2018

Winning Wit 's reply:

It was our pleasure to help, John! Congrats on your daughter's big day!

Julia · Married on 02/17/2018

Geoff of Winning Wit wrote me the most fantastic speech that I gave to my husband at our Vegas wedding. The entire crowd was absolutely in stitches. I don't know how he did it, but the speech came across as if he'd known us for years. I got so many compliments and people we're repeating some of the lines all night.

He was great to work with too: super friendly, walked me through the entire process, and incorporated all of my ideas.

I would absolutely recommend him to anyone getting married, or involved in a wedding at all.

Sent on 03/07/2018

Winning Wit 's reply:

Thanks Julia, it was our honor to help!

ry · Married on 09/23/2017

I will first note that I have never left an online review of anything in my life.......
    There I was, two days before my friends wedding and I was speechless. Having previously bombed a best man speech a few years back, I realized I did not want to go down like that again. After realizing I needed help to create a funny, but heartfelt speech i hit up google. I looked into many different services but winningwit.com took the cake for multiple reasons. One reason, amongst many, being that they are U.S. based and another was that they are comedians. It could not have been a more simple process. I filled out a questionnaire, gave a few details about the bride and groom and gave a rating as to how funny vs. heartfelt I wanted my speech to be. within 24 hours I was emailed back a "first draft" that their team was more than happy to edit to my liking. the first draft was pure gold and did not need any editing. It hit everything I wanted and even gave pointers as to how to say certain parts. Cut to the wedding, It could not have gone better. I had multiple people from ages 25 to 65 telling me it was the best, best man speech in all the weddings they have attended. Winning Wit took something I was terrified of and made it fun and enjoyable(and made me look good in the process). Winning Witt was the best value per service that I have ever purchased in my life! thank you.

Best · Married on 09/09/2017

Geoff was tremendous. His service was exactly what I needed to remove the writers block and eliminate the stress of creating an impactful speech. The jokes were on point and well received. Highly recommended.

Laurie · Married on 04/15/2017

Geoff was patient with the fact that we contacted him just a week and a half before my husband's brother's wedding to help us with the best man speech. He was even more patient when we didn't get around to providing him a speech to edit until 4 days before the wedding. Impressively, he had an edited and improved version of the speech the next morning even though we spoke until 8:30 pm. With a few rounds of edits back and forth, a brilliant speech was born. My husband, typically an introvert, got dozens of compliments and a few of the hit lines people kept repeating were Geoff's brainchildren.

Ethan · Married on 04/01/2017

Winning Wit was an amazing company to work with. We worked together until the result was what I wanted. Will definitely use them again!!

Sara · Married on 10/22/2016

Geoff and this company was absolutely amazing. They made my words and thoughts come alive. They turned exactly what I wanted to say into a sincere, funny and heartfelt speech. I could not have done this without them. I wanted this speech to be perfect for my best friend and they made it happen. Geoff was also very prompt with the write up and any edits that needed to be made. We also practiced how to deliver the speech and his pep talk was very helpful and reassuring. The day of I received comments such as: "that was the best Maid of Honor speech I have ever heard" from the bride, "that is a hard speech to follow" from the best man, "you did a great job on your speech" from guests and "you did an amazing job and thank you for that" from the brides parents. Hearing those comments I knew that I did the right thing by choosing this company to help me put my thoughts and feelings into one of the best speeches I will every give. It was worth every cent.

And if I ever need to do a speech again I know where to go!

• I

Ira · Married on 07/30/2016

I was the best man for my favorite sister's husband. I had so much on my mind but needed to create a speech that was definitely a winner! Winning Wit worked with my outline and helped me add the pizzazz I need to go in with confidence and humor that went for a hit.

I give Geoff at Winning Wit Wedding Speeches my highest recommendation!! I rarely write reviews, but Geoff really deserves a superior rating. He helped me form an excellent speech that was the perfect mixture of sentiment and comedy. I received dozens of compliments. Actually, more than I can count of the following; "Wow, that was an excellent speech" "...the best speech I've ever heard"!

Sent on 02/16/2016

Winning Wit 's reply:

Thanks for the great review!!

Between work and having a family, I just couldn't find the time to write the perfect Matron of Honor Speech for my Sister's wedding. I wanted something perfect and was really stressing out about it. I am SO HAPPY I found Winning Wit. I was thrilled to turn the speech writing duties over to professionals.

They made everything simple, their initial survey helped me give them all the information they needed. They incorporated my stories and wrote an incredible speech that sounded just like me (the best me who would have time to write), they took the time to do several revisions to make it just right.

I actually had one of the venue servers come up to me at the wedding and say she hears these speeches every weekend but mine was one of the best she has ever heard (woo hoo).

My sister was happy, I felt comfortable and most importantly I got to stop stressing over the speech. I HIGHLY recommend this service, it is worth every penny.

Sent on 10/12/2015

Winning Wit 's reply:

Thanks for the great review!!

mirna · Married on 07/25/2015

I can not thank Geoff enough for my speech! It was such a hit! I had so many people come up to me after and say that it was so great and that it was the right combination of laughs and tear jerkers! I even had one guy say " you know, I've heard a lot of maid of honor speeches and they're usually filled with so many inside jokes that you just cant follow, but yours had everybody following along and it was just so good"

Plus, I never thought the day would come where I would actually feel comfortable giving a speech but I can 100% say that I felt great up there! I mean, the whiskey helped lol but Geoffs tips were top notch and he was absolutely right, once I hit the first joke and heard the laughs, my nerves immediately vanished.

I was extremely honored and excited to be asked to be my best friend’s maid of honor until it dawned on me – oh man, I will have to give a speech! I love her to pieces but am terrified to speak in front of large groups. I get nervous, tongue-tied, and have no clue what to say. Ironic because I write for a living, but speeches are totally different, knowing what audiences will find funny, amusing, and poignant.

I was talking about this one night with friends when one of them mentioned the company Winning Wit and how they used them to help with a speech/presentation at work. She said they also do speeches for weddings and other events, and had such a great experience with Geoff Woliner of Winning Wit, why not reach out to them. I’ll be honest, I was very skeptical (giving the side eye here!), but it turned out to be money well spent! Geoff was professional and really easy to talk to and put me at ease. We discussed my best friend and our relationship, and he helped me write a speech – figuring out the best details to put in (or leave out), the best way to say what should be said, and ways to punch it up and make it a little funny, without losing its heart and meaning. He also helped me work on my delivery and gave me tips so that I wouldn’t be so nervous. I can’t tell you how much better I felt after working with Winning Wit and most importantly, the bride, groom, and attendees loved the speech!! I whole-heartedly recommend them!

Scott · Married on 06/20/2015

Winning wit was incredibly professional. They spent a lot of time helping me put together a speech that my friends will never forget. They truly tailored the speech just perfectly.

JEREMY · Married on 08/23/2014

I don't know what I would have done without Winning Wit, I'm not good at public speaking and my writing has always been sort of disjointed but thanks to Geoff I was able to deliver a speech that was both well-crafted and humorous. It had just the right amount of heart and brains to reach attendees of all walks of life. People came up to me throughout the wedding to tell me how "my words" ;) had moved them. The highlight was when the reverend himself made a point to tell me I had done better than his own brother had at his wedding. After the wedding, I did let the cat out of the bag and tell the groom that my slam dunk of a speech was the product of a "hired gun" but he understood and was more than happy with it. Especially after I showed him the rough draft I originally had cobbled together, lol. I will definitely be using Winning Wit in the future. Thanks again Geoff!

• User5417342 · event on: 04/25/2015

Geoff helped my entire family through our speech writing and delivery process . He was a life saver! He is truly dependable.