Windows Catering Reviews

123 | Alexandria, VA

123 Reviews for Windows Catering

Elizabeth · Married on 12/05/2020

We ended up meeting with two catering companies, Windows and Occasions, and decided that Windows gave us the best food at the tasting. We were not disappointed at the wedding. They were phenomenal in delivering the food that was promised at the tasting. All the wedding guests kept talking about the food and how delicious it was. I plan on asking them for their recipe for the whipped cauliflower... so good! Nicole was our manager and she was a pleasure to work with. After the ceremony, my new hubby and I were greeted in the bridal holding room with our champagne and the an assortment of all the appetizers being served at the cocktail hour so we could have a chance to eat before joining our guests. They really catered to our needs for the wedding and I couldn't have asked for better food!

Sent on 04/26/2011

Ashley P. · Married on 09/06/2020

Amazing food and exceptional service!

Carl from Windows Catering was amazing to work with! I have worked with Windows Catering several times for work events, and was so thrilled to see them on the "preferred vendor" list from our Wedding Venue. My husband and I had to change our Wedding date to the pandemic. Carl was understanding, flexible and beyond accommodating. Carl and his team even packed to-go containers for us on the night of our Wedding to ensure that we were able to enjoy the amazing food! We have already received messages from our family and friends raving about the food! If you are looking for delicious food and amazing customer service, Windows is your go-to catering company!

Sent on 04/21/2021

Megan · Married on 10/19/2019

Windows was incredible

Wow, when I say working with a Windows was one of the best and easiest experiences of our wedding I am not kidding. From the moment we reached out to Windows, Chris Dunn was so incredibly responsive and amazing to work with. Every single idea or suggestion that we had was taken perfectly in stride!! From the first tasting there was absolutely no competition that could come close to Windows! The entire experience was just so first class and the food was literally to die for. Hands down Windows provided us with the BEST wedding food and we still have guests saying it was the best food they have ever had at a wedding. Everyone is still talking about the mushroom risotto and late night snacks!! Windows also provided us with the most stunning (and delicious) cake. Every email I sent to Chris was responded to (literally) within 5 minutes, even if it was at 10pm. Working with Windows honestly was just so incredible and we couldn’t have asked for a better team, food or experience!! Windows worked so seamlessly with every vendor and just made our day so incredibly amazing. Hire Windows and ask for Chris!!

Sent on 10/29/2019
  • Bryan

Bryan W. · Married on 10/13/2019

Amazing food and Beautiful Table Settings

The Windows Catering team was absolutely amazing. They put together a fantastic menu proposal and allowed a full menu tasting before we signed the contract. The food was delicious. They were extremely responsive and detail oriented and delivered on everything we wanted. We provided a picture of the wedding cake design we wanted and they made an exact replica. The table setting last were beautiful and the staff the day of the wedding were all professional and went above and beyond. The vanilla almond cake was our favorite cake we’ve ever had. The guests raves about the food. Overall the day couldn’t have been more perfect.

Sent on 12/17/2019

Jill · Married on 10/05/2019

Outstanding

We are so pleased that we hired Windows Catering for our wedding. It was clear from the beginning that this a highly experienced catering company with an excellent team. Debbie took the time to understand what we were hoping for in our menu and the look of our tables. Based on our conversations, she design a fantastic menu for our cocktail hour and our dinner reception. Numerous guests commented on how delicious everything was, including our cake (which was beautiful!). Our place settings and table linens were perfect and the entire staff the night of was top notch. Everything came together exactly as we hoped it would, and we couldn't be happier with our choice!

Sent on 10/10/2019

Windows Catering's reply:

Jill - Thank you so much for the kind words and feedback on your experience with Debbie and Windows Catering. We are so glad to hear you and your guests enjoyed the reception and dinner. Congratulations again on your marriage. We wish you many years of health and happiness together.

Stevi · Married on 03/30/2019

Excellent Catering Company!

I would highly recommend windows catering. In particular, this review is for Chris Dunn. Chris was our point of contact for the majority of our wedding. Throughout the entire process, Chris was available and handled our requests with ease. Windows provided several tastings, including cocktail tastings for speciality cocktails. On the day of, we were able to enjoy the event with the assurance that Windows Catering had taken care of everything. I would highly recommend hiring Windows Catering for your next event. Thank you, Chris for everything!

Sent on 04/10/2019

Kristie · Married on 06/04/2017

Windows was absolutely wonderful to work with for our daughter and son-in-law’s wedding on June 4 at Stone Tower Winery! Their extreme professionalism and knowledge of the wedding industry shined through in all of our interactions with them, and the final results at the wedding were perfect. Lauren provided wonderful recommendations from the hors d’oeuves to the main course. When we walked into the tasting, she had everything elegantly setup as though it was the day. She provided linen and china selections to compliment our daughter and son-in-laws’ vision. The food was amazing and the decor (linens, flatware, stemware, plates, etc.) was a notch above. Lauren and Debbie did a great job working with the staff at Stone Tower Winery. No wonder Windows is one of their preferred vendors. We had a traditional cookie table and Lauren did a fabulous job with presentation. The wedding cake was devine… I don’t think there was a crumb left. Anyone who is looking for an all-inclusive caterer that will provide great food, beautiful decor and exceptional assistance all at a reasonable price should definitely book Windows :) Thank you Lauren and Debbie !

Sent on 06/27/2017

Windows Catering's reply:

Kristie - Thank you very much for the very kind words and feedback on your daughter and son-in-law's wedding reception. We are so glad to hear you enjoyed working with Debbie and Lauren and the evening was such a success. We appreciate the confidence you put in the Windows team! It was a real pleasure working with you as well. We hope your family and guests have many happy memories for years to come. Congratulations!

The Windows Team

Emily · Married on 11/26/2016

Pick Windows. They are the best! I've worked with them on my work's 600 person Gala at the Andrew Mellon Auditorium and at our office christmas party of 65 at our boss's house. They now even cater our 20 person board meetings. So of course I had to use them for my wedding at Top of the Town. Chris Dunn and Aaron Cartier are a blast to work with. They have so many great ideas and totally take care of every single detail. At my wedding, I wasn't going to see the reception space till after the guests had arrived so I am so grateful that I could put all the decor in their hands to put out. Most importantly, the food was AMAZING. All my guests raved about the food. They loved the ice cream bar. And the wedding cake is was the best wedding cake I'd ever tasted. They can do everything and anything. Definitely pick Windows and contact Chris & Aaron.

Sent on 12/20/2016

Kasi · Married on 11/04/2016

We worked with Steve Schieber at Windows Catering and highly recommend him! He caught the vision of the vibe we were looking for on our wedding day and made sure the food and table settings reflected that. The crew that staffed our reception worked hard and were very professional and fun! Windows catering makes sure it's a worry free, great food, lovely event for the bride and groom!

Sent on 11/23/2016

Ashton · Married on 08/19/2016

Windows Catering was excellent! The food was amazing and the quality of service was oustsanding!! Our wedding was beautiful people are still talking about it. Nicole and Sara were very helpful and helped bring my vision to life.

Sent on 09/08/2016

Traci · Married on 08/06/2016

Windows Catering has done our personal events for years now and I personally would look no other place to collaborate and execute our vision. Robin Loren doesn't miss a detail and she is on top of every aspect; from the linens, barware, dishes, staff, tables, chairs, furniture, and greeting our guests with a signature cocktail. She personally is on sight for every event and makes sure everything is coordinated and the timeline is understood by all. Most recently we celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary and hired Windows to work the magic. Love, love, love Windows!!!

Sent on 07/03/2017

Del · event on: 12/12/2015

Wonderful service. The team went above and beyond and we couldn't have been more satisfied! A+++

Sent on 12/22/2015

Ariel · Married on 10/17/2015

I used Windows for both my Rehearsal Dinner and Reception. The food was fantastic on both evenings. We chose to do a less formal set up with stations, for our reception, and everyone raved about it! Windows also provided our wedding cake, which was delicious!! My guests could not believe that the caterer brought the cake - they all thought I must have had a bakery provide it. They were very flexible to also provide gluten and nut free cupcakes for my guests with allergies, as well as gluten free bread when I asked. All in all, fantastic experience with Windows. I highly recommend them!

Sent on 10/22/2015

Alison · Married on 09/12/2015

My husband and I had a great experience with Nicole from Windows Catering! I researched several catering vendors during the planning process, and found that the quality of food and value of Windows was far above the rest. Nicole worked closely with us to develop our menu, and provided us with a great tasting experience so we could tweak details of the food. On the day of, everything was executed perfectly --- the food was phenomenal, and Nicole ensured that my husband and I received drinks and snacks after the ceremony. We unexpectedly ran out of scotch halfway through the reception, and Nicole proactively offered to run out and get more at a nearby store for the rest of the event. We highly recommend working with Windows!

Sent on 09/28/2015

Rebecca · Married on 08/22/2015

Windows Catering was absolutely perfect! I really can't say enough about Nicole and the entire windows team. We received so many compliments on the food and we couldn't have been happier with the cake.

Windows was everything you'd want in a caterer and then Nicole took it to the next level. She was such a wonderful support throughout the entire wedding process. Having vendors you can trust makes all the difference on your wedding day and Nicole at windows is the best!

Sent on 09/27/2015

Cannot say enough good things about Windows! Based on feedback from our guests, the food, and particularly the passed hors d'oeuvres during cocktail hour, were the best part of the wedding. It is now months later and people are still talking about the lobster rolls, mac and cheese muffins, and crab chips!

The staff was extremely professional and attentive and were absolutely wonderful the day of the wedding. Windows provided all furniture and dinnerware for both the ceremony and reception, and everything was set up perfectly.

The staff and the food were amazing, and I would highly recommend using Windows.

Sent on 11/30/2015

The food turned out even better than we thought it would! Windows was so easy to work with and made every detail of the food & beverage perfect. We got so many compliments from our guests on our food and people were literally devouring the desserts! I felt like Windows communicated very well and I never was left wondering about anything in the process - great, stress free experience!

Sent on 10/18/2015

Deirdre · Married on 06/20/2015

Danielle with Windows I cannot say enough great things. She was AMAZING from day one. Windows had amazing food and created a menu totally around our tastes. We had mini cheeseburgers at cocktail hour that everyone raved about and our cake was chocolate perfection. Danielle was so patient with every change i made and i tasted about 50 cakes before we found the right one. They were so responsive to last minute changes and worked seamlessly on the night of the wedding. While they were expensive they prooved they were worth it in quality, attentivness, creativity, and professionalism. I highly recommmend not only Windows but especially Danielle.

Sent on 06/01/2008
  • User5197711 · 2+ years ago

Wonderful food-lots of accolades from our guests. Our initial food tasting was a pleasant surprise as to how nice things were presented.

Sent on 06/22/2015

Windows was absolutely wonderful to work with for our wedding! Their extreme professionalism and knowledge of the wedding industry shined through in all of our interactions with them, and the final results at our wedding were perfect. Cynthia was great to work with and went above and beyond with her assistance - from setting up our decorations and party favors, to providing multiple tasting sessions to ensure we got just what we wanted, to helping with the overall planning process. All of the food was delicious and the decor (linens, flatware, stemware, plates, etc.) was a notch above. Anyone who is looking for an all-inclusive caterer that will provide great food, beautiful decor and exceptional assistance all at a reasonable price should definitely book Windows :)

Sent on 03/18/2015
  • Greg

Greg · Married on 12/13/2014

Windows was on our venue’s recommended caterer list. We spoke with many caterers, but Windows wowed us with their responsiveness, service, and tasty food. Our event manager, Nicole, always responded quickly and completely to our questions. We were able to handle most of our planning via email, but also had a tasting, in-person event review session, and walk-through of our venue. At no time were we worried about the outcome of our wedding. They even helped set up our decor (candles, escort cards, etc.) Windows was a full-service operation - they not only handled the food but also all of our rentals (chairs, dishes, linens, etc.) Windows was so organized and prepared that the event went off without a hitch. They made our day truly stress free.

Windows was not the cheapest caterer on our list, but we have absolutely no regrets in choosing them to cater our wedding. They wowed us with their incredible service. On the day of our wedding, the entire staff operated professionally and in a friendly manner. A few servers even went out of their way to help move chairs to the dance floor for our guests with mobility issues.

Additionally, the food during the wedding was even better than it was during the tasting. We didn’t think that was possible.

Sent on 01/14/2015

Julie · Married on 10/05/2013

Love Windows catering. I have been to numerous events they have catered and I chose them to cater my wedding. They are fabulous! The staff is wonderful, food its outstanding and working with Chris throughout the whole process made for an absolute perfect wedding!

Sent on 10/18/2013

Windows Catering's reply:

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback about your experience with Windows! We are happy to hear that your event was a huge success and we look forward to working with you again in the future. Congratulations!

Minnettia · Married on 06/29/2013

Getting Windows was a last minute change b y our venue. And I will admit my wife was worried but I tell you what they did not disappoint. After our wedding dinner, we did not see any food left over. Everyone loved the food, all they raved about was how great the food was from the the cocktail hour to the main course every last drop was delicious. Kudos to Windows to making our day so perfect. We would definitely choose them again for any event we do in the future.

Sent on 07/11/2013

Windows Catering's reply:

The food was fabulous, the service perfection and it was all done in such a calm, upbeat and gracious fashion that we never experienced a moment of stress or anxiety.

Sent on 10/11/2013

Trina · Married on 05/11/2013

Food was delicious! They were super flexible and very responsive and a huge hit!

Sent on 05/16/2013