Windows Catering Company Reviews

118 | Alexandria, VA

118 Reviews for Windows Catering Company

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Kristie · Married on 06/04/2017

Windows was absolutely wonderful to work with for our daughter and son-in-law’s wedding on June 4 at Stone Tower Winery! Their extreme professionalism and knowledge of the wedding industry shined through in all of our interactions with them, and the final results at the wedding were perfect. Lauren provided wonderful recommendations from the hors d’oeuves to the main course. When we walked into the tasting, she had everything elegantly setup as though it was the day. She provided linen and china selections to compliment our daughter and son-in-laws’ vision. The food was amazing and the decor (linens, flatware, stemware, plates, etc.) was a notch above. Lauren and Debbie did a great job working with the staff at Stone Tower Winery. No wonder Windows is one of their preferred vendors. We had a traditional cookie table and Lauren did a fabulous job with presentation. The wedding cake was devine… I don’t think there was a crumb left. Anyone who is looking for an all-inclusive caterer that will provide great food, beautiful decor and exceptional assistance all at a reasonable price should definitely book Windows :) Thank you Lauren and Debbie !

Sent on 06/27/2017

Windows Catering Company's reply:

Kristie - Thank you very much for the very kind words and feedback on your daughter and son-in-law's wedding reception. We are so glad to hear you enjoyed working with Debbie and Lauren and the evening was such a success. We appreciate the confidence you put in the Windows team! It was a real pleasure working with you as well. We hope your family and guests have many happy memories for years to come. Congratulations! The Windows Team

Emily · Married on 11/26/2016

Pick Windows. They are the best! I've worked with them on my work's 600 person Gala at the Andrew Mellon Auditorium and at our office christmas party of 65 at our boss's house. They now even cater our 20 person board meetings. So of course I had to use them for my wedding at Top of the Town. Chris Dunn and Aaron Cartier are a blast to work with. They have so many great ideas and totally take care of every single detail. At my wedding, I wasn't going to see the reception space till after the guests had arrived so I am so grateful that I could put all the decor in their hands to put out. Most importantly, the food was AMAZING. All my guests raved about the food. They loved the ice cream bar. And the wedding cake is was the best wedding cake I'd ever tasted. They can do everything and anything. Definitely pick Windows and contact Chris & Aaron.

Kasi · Married on 11/04/2016

We worked with Steve Schieber at Windows Catering and highly recommend him! He caught the vision of the vibe we were looking for on our wedding day and made sure the food and table settings reflected that. The crew that staffed our reception worked hard and were very professional and fun! Windows catering makes sure it's a worry free, great food, lovely event for the bride and groom!

Ashton · Married on 08/19/2016

Windows Catering was excellent! The food was amazing and the quality of service was oustsanding!! Our wedding was beautiful people are still talking about it. Nicole and Sara were very helpful and helped bring my vision to life.

traci · Married on 08/06/2016

Windows Catering has done our personal events for years now and I personally would look no other place to collaborate and execute our vision. Robin Loren doesn't miss a detail and she is on top of every aspect; from the linens, barware, dishes, staff, tables, chairs, furniture, and greeting our guests with a signature cocktail. She personally is on sight for every event and makes sure everything is coordinated and the timeline is understood by all. Most recently we celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary and hired Windows to work the magic. Love, love, love Windows!!!

Ariel · Married on 10/17/2015

I used Windows for both my Rehearsal Dinner and Reception. The food was fantastic on both evenings. We chose to do a less formal set up with stations, for our reception, and everyone raved about it! Windows also provided our wedding cake, which was delicious!! My guests could not believe that the caterer brought the cake - they all thought I must have had a bakery provide it. They were very flexible to also provide gluten and nut free cupcakes for my guests with allergies, as well as gluten free bread when I asked. All in all, fantastic experience with Windows. I highly recommend them!

Alison · Married on 09/12/2015

My husband and I had a great experience with Nicole from Windows Catering! I researched several catering vendors during the planning process, and found that the quality of food and value of Windows was far above the rest. Nicole worked closely with us to develop our menu, and provided us with a great tasting experience so we could tweak details of the food. On the day of, everything was executed perfectly --- the food was phenomenal, and Nicole ensured that my husband and I received drinks and snacks after the ceremony. We unexpectedly ran out of scotch halfway through the reception, and Nicole proactively offered to run out and get more at a nearby store for the rest of the event. We highly recommend working with Windows!

Rebecca · Married on 08/22/2015

Windows Catering was absolutely perfect! I really can't say enough about Nicole and the entire windows team. We received so many compliments on the food and we couldn't have been happier with the cake.

Windows was everything you'd want in a caterer and then Nicole took it to the next level. She was such a wonderful support throughout the entire wedding process. Having vendors you can trust makes all the difference on your wedding day and Nicole at windows is the best!

Cannot say enough good things about Windows! Based on feedback from our guests, the food, and particularly the passed hors d'oeuvres during cocktail hour, were the best part of the wedding. It is now months later and people are still talking about the lobster rolls, mac and cheese muffins, and crab chips!

The staff was extremely professional and attentive and were absolutely wonderful the day of the wedding. Windows provided all furniture and dinnerware for both the ceremony and reception, and everything was set up perfectly.

The staff and the food were amazing, and I would highly recommend using Windows.

The food turned out even better than we thought it would! Windows was so easy to work with and made every detail of the food & beverage perfect. We got so many compliments from our guests on our food and people were literally devouring the desserts! I felt like Windows communicated very well and I never was left wondering about anything in the process - great, stress free experience!

Deirdre · Married on 06/20/2015

Danielle with Windows I cannot say enough great things. She was AMAZING from day one. Windows had amazing food and created a menu totally around our tastes. We had mini cheeseburgers at cocktail hour that everyone raved about and our cake was chocolate perfection. Danielle was so patient with every change i made and i tasted about 50 cakes before we found the right one. They were so responsive to last minute changes and worked seamlessly on the night of the wedding. While they were expensive they prooved they were worth it in quality, attentivness, creativity, and professionalism. I highly recommmend not only Windows but especially Danielle.

• User5197711 · 2+ years ago

Wonderful food-lots of accolades from our guests. Our initial food tasting was a pleasant surprise as to how nice things were presented.

Windows was absolutely wonderful to work with for our wedding! Their extreme professionalism and knowledge of the wedding industry shined through in all of our interactions with them, and the final results at our wedding were perfect. Cynthia was great to work with and went above and beyond with her assistance - from setting up our decorations and party favors, to providing multiple tasting sessions to ensure we got just what we wanted, to helping with the overall planning process. All of the food was delicious and the decor (linens, flatware, stemware, plates, etc.) was a notch above. Anyone who is looking for an all-inclusive caterer that will provide great food, beautiful decor and exceptional assistance all at a reasonable price should definitely book Windows :)

Greg · Married on 12/13/2014

Windows was on our venue’s recommended caterer list. We spoke with many caterers, but Windows wowed us with their responsiveness, service, and tasty food. Our event manager, Nicole, always responded quickly and completely to our questions. We were able to handle most of our planning via email, but also had a tasting, in-person event review session, and walk-through of our venue. At no time were we worried about the outcome of our wedding. They even helped set up our decor (candles, escort cards, etc.) Windows was a full-service operation - they not only handled the food but also all of our rentals (chairs, dishes, linens, etc.) Windows was so organized and prepared that the event went off without a hitch. They made our day truly stress free.

Windows was not the cheapest caterer on our list, but we have absolutely no regrets in choosing them to cater our wedding. They wowed us with their incredible service. On the day of our wedding, the entire staff operated professionally and in a friendly manner. A few servers even went out of their way to help move chairs to the dance floor for our guests with mobility issues.

Additionally, the food during the wedding was even better than it was during the tasting. We didn’t think that was possible.

Julie · Married on 10/05/2013

Love Windows catering. I have been to numerous events they have catered and I chose them to cater my wedding. They are fabulous! The staff is wonderful, food its outstanding and working with Chris throughout the whole process made for an absolute perfect wedding!

Sent on 10/18/2013

Windows Catering Company's reply:

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback about your experience with Windows! We are happy to hear that your event was a huge success and we look forward to working with you again in the future. Congratulations!

minnettia · Married on 06/29/2013

Getting Windows was a last minute change b y our venue. And I will admit my wife was worried but I tell you what they did not disappoint. After our wedding dinner, we did not see any food left over. Everyone loved the food, all they raved about was how great the food was from the the cocktail hour to the main course every last drop was delicious. Kudos to Windows to making our day so perfect. We would definitely choose them again for any event we do in the future.

Sent on 07/11/2013

Windows Catering Company's reply:

The food was fabulous, the service perfection and it was all done in such a calm, upbeat and gracious fashion that we never experienced a moment of stress or anxiety.

Sent on 10/11/2013

Trina · Married on 05/11/2013

Food was delicious! They were super flexible and very responsive and a huge hit!

Sent on 05/16/2013

Joanna · Married on 03/09/2013

My husband, parents and I all worked with Nicole from Windows Catering through our wedding planning process. We were limited in what catering companies we could choose from, due to restrictions from our venue; however, I would have chosen Windows thanks to the amazing service from Nicole hands down!! On our first meeting, Nicole got a feeling for the type wedding my husband and I wanted. When we met again in their offices Nicole had created the exact table setting we wanted, without any of our input. She had picked up on cues from our first meeting, and created the perfect setting. Windows was especially helpful in ensuring that not only did we have wonderful food, but that I could eat anything I wanted from their menu selections (I have celiac disease and have been gluten free for 2 years). They made modifications as necessary, but none of the recipes lacked in flavor as a result, and it was wonderful not to worry about what I ate on our special day. On many occasions, Nicole met us at our venue to ensure she had every last detail taken care of, and that we had nothing to worry about on the big day! On our wedding day, Nicole was not only the catering manager, but she took on the role of "master planner," she ensured that everything stayed on schedule, even when we fell behind. She had my bouquet ready for me to toss, as we wrapped up the cake cutting. She did everything in her power to make sure our day was everything we had dreamed of and more. I would highly recommend Windows Catering, especially if you have the pleasure of working with Nicole!!!

Mary · Married on 03/09/2013

Windows is an amazing caterer,and my husband and I would not change anything about the delicious food and overall service they provided at our wedding. Ashley is fantastic, and helped us from the very beginning to create a menu and overall ambiance that we wanted. Guests raved about the food, and many said it was the best meal they had had at a wedding. I know it is common to hear that on your wedding day, you don't have time to eat, but my husband and I were so excited about the delicious filet that we sat down to eat the entire meal (albeit quickly!) Furthermore, I am so grateful to Ashley for going above and beyond--she coordinated delivery with other vendors (flowers, lighting, etc) and ensured that the location looked elegant and beautiful. She also helped us choose linens and was incredibly flexible with last minute changes. Windows is a phenomenal catering company, and we recommend them to everyone!

Sent on 10/10/2014

Windows Catering Company's reply:

Perfect from start to finish. No other way to describe it. Nicole was a consummate professional in the planning phase, working with us on menu and event options. She was very detail oriented and truly focused on making sure our wedding was planned exactly as we wanted. When it came to the day itself, the entire Windows team was spectacular. The prep was fast and flawless, the service was understated but friendly, and throughout the evening the staff ensured that all of the guests were well cared for, not just us as the bride and groom. The food was simply fantastic, the quality excellent and far better than the average catered event. The food was very flavorful and the salads were fresh. Most importantly, it matched what we had at the tasting both in terms of quality, preparation, and uniqueness/interest. We would work with them again without hesitation.

Amanda · Married on 10/06/2012

The reason we chose Windows was because we could customize our wedding to include any food that we wanted. Ashley from Windows ended up being my favorite vendor to work with. I received a response to my initial inquiry within 24 hours, and worked with the same person throughout the planning process. I met with Ashley several times in person and spoke with her over the phone and she was always friendly and professional. Windows was able to accommodate our budget, and Ashley really listened to what our likes and dislikes were. We got to try our menu and make changes, which were incorporated in an amended contract right away without me having to follow up with her asking for updates. Everyone raved about our food! Windows also supplied our linens, tableware, and bartending staff. I thought they were great and would highly recommend them.

Jean · Married on 10/06/2012

We loved the food that was catered at our wedding! When we had our initial tasting from Windows, we were simply blown away by their food and it was a no-brainer decision to go with them for our wedding. Even their cake was so delicious that we had them make our wedding cake too. It was great to work with Nicole and her staff. Nicole was responsive to all my emails and questions. She and her staff were very professional and provided great service during our wedding. It was really great that they also provided all the candy jars and serving spoons for our candy buffet at no extra charge. They also created the signature drink that we wanted at no extra charge. The food served at our wedding was just as good as what we had during our tasting, and all of our guests loved the food as well. Overall, we were extremely happy with all the food, cake, and service provided, and it definitely helped to make our wedding a success!

• User2920108 · 2+ years ago

Ashley Beard at Windows were extremely professional and provided an amazing service for a very reasonable price. If you are planning an event at George Washington University, you can't go wrong with using them as your caterer.