Winding Creek Farm Reviews

Winding Creek Farm 7
  • Janelle

Janelle · Married on 09/14/2019

Cant Wait!

I'm so excited to have my wedding here. The entire family is wonderful. Every time I sent an email I got a quick response. They are constantly looking for ways to improve their venue. They also offer a 10% Military discount and contribute back to St. Jude, both of which I find amazing.

Sent on 12/26/2018
  • Samantha

Samantha · Married on 09/07/2019

Beautiful Venue; Affordable Price

I booked Winding Creek Farm for my Sept 7th, 2019 wedding. Kim and Craig were so resposive and flexible when it came to scheduling tour and the 30 day walk through. They provided a day of coordinator Jen, who was absolutely amazing and was the best at helping me keep calm and organized the day of and leading up to. The venue was so beautiful, even more so on the day of than it ever was on the walk through. There isn't any need to spend tons of money on decor because Winding Creek is beautiful and deocrated as it is.

Amazing service and communication, I wouldn't have changed anything about the venue if I could go back and do it again.

Sent on 09/16/2019
  • Brian

Brian Knight · Married on 06/08/2019

Best Rustic Red Barn venue in Virginia!

We didn’t 100% know what we were looking for in a venue, except for the fact that we wanted a red barn (as a reference to our “how we met” story) and a space that would work for a still vaguely defined non-traditional outdoor ceremony, but with an indoor backup. After touring a number of other venues within 2 hours drive of DC, we visited Winding Creek Farm and nearly right away knew we’d found our spot. The cute farmhouse, the gorgeous red bank barn (and corn crib), the grounds with room for guests to spread out and enjoy themselves, the fire pit… it all seemed perfect, and that was before we saw the INSIDE of the barn.

It was everything we wanted, but the true deciding factor were our hosts, Kim and Craig. They were so welcoming and knowledgeable and we immediately felt at ease with them. We literally cannot express how far above and beyond Kim and Craig went to make sure that our wedding went off without a hitch (and we managed to throw them a couple of pretty unique curveballs). Before we even signed our contract they were helping us find other vendors, lodging for guests, and even our rehearsal dinner location. They have years of experience in the hospitality industry and so many excellent local contacts in Loudon County that we were able to complete a lot of our planning in a short period of time.

Kim and Craig continued to make improvements and tweaks to the property that added a lot of value. From big things like building a new catering space over the winter, and providing rustic farm tables, and the sturdiest benches you’ll ever find, to little details like freshly planted flowers and ferns, you will be hard pressed to find a venue with as many perks, rustic personality, and charm. And on top of everything else they work with a top-notch wedding planner, Nicole Bascope, who helps put everything together and run the show ensuring that the bride and groom, and all of the guests, are very well taken care of before and throughout the event. Every interaction with Kim, Craig, and Nicole did nothing but put us at ease that our wedding would be everything we hoped.

Winding Creek was a wonderful location to get married (and our guests can’t stop talking about how great it was).

Sent on 06/23/2019
    Winding Creek Farm 16
    Winding Creek Farm 17
  • Mona

Mona · Married on 05/04/2019

Where rustic charm meets elegance - with the smoothest running machine of a team!

We 150% recommend this place. Winding Creek Farm is the most wonderful place to hold your wedding. If you want rustic charm and elegance, with a touch of whimsical-ness all enveloped in nature's beauty, then this is it. There is green all around, with far-reaching vines and delicate yet lush trees that wrap around this place giving it a feeling of a mid-summer's night dream with a rustic, charming barn that is absolutely gorgeous. It is the only venue that has trees and a barn. And I know.... because e searched 20 venues in the Loudon and Garrett County regions for a farm-forest wedding venue and couldn't find it anywhere ... until we came across Winding Creek Farm. This is also one of the few barn wedding locations in the region with built in restrooms (3!!!). All the other farm venue locations required that we order in port-o-potties, which was the last thing we wanted to deal with -- and see -- at our wedding.

The owners, Kim and Craig, are the most wonderful people. They are warm and a delight to work with. They are responsive, very professional, and very efficient at making your dream wedding come to life. Nothing went haywire at all for our big day because they were there to keep everything on track -- all with a smile and a sense of ease. Nicole, the day-of coordinator, is also amazing at what she does. She keeps everything in order the day-of and is there to make sure everything goes okay. She was there to help me figure out my dress bustle so that I could get on with the party already, and made sure the wedding party was where they needed to be -- as drunk as we all were.

We love you, Kim, Craig, and Nicole! We love Winding Creek Farm! Thank you for building such a perfectly balanced rustic, yet elegant and nature-wrapped wedding venue location of our dreams.

Sent on 05/07/2019
    Winding Creek Farm 18
    Winding Creek Farm 19
  • Caitlin

Caitlin Eichner · Married on 04/27/2019

Perfect Barn Wedding

Winding Creek Farm is so beautiful, it required minimal work on our end to decorate; the barn and the surrounding grounds are incredible. The owners, Kim and Craig, were extremely lovely and helpful, and responsive to all of our questions and requests. They made our wedding exactly what we wanted and the planning process a breeze, and I would highly recommend this venue to anyone looking for a place to get married!

Sent on 05/10/2019
    Winding Creek Farm 20

Samantha Sledd · Married on 10/27/2018

Wonderful Venue

The venue was beautiful and the Gartens were extremely responsive and helpful. Would definitely recommend.

Sent on 10/30/2018

Mariel · Married on 10/06/2018

An Absolute Dream

Winding Creek Farm was the perfect location for our wedding. There are not enough words to explain all the wonderful things I want to say about Winding Creek Farm and the owners, Kim and Craig, but I will try my best.
    The owners: First, Kim and Craig are the kindest, most helpful, generous, and hardworking venue owners. Upon meeting Kim and Craig on our initial visit, my husband and I were almost 100% sold on the property knowing we would be in the hands of such wonderful people with so many years of experience and a passion for what they do. Every single step along the way they were wonderful. They answered lots of emails from us with varying questions and were always quick to respond. They helped us when we needed vendor recommendations by directing us to preferred vendors and not upselling but helping us to find vendors within our range to support our attempts to stay in budget. They happily allowed us to visit multiple times for walk throughs which was so wonderful as our parents live in different locations, so they were all able to get a tour beforehand. They have a strong and positive rapport among vendors in the area and are well connected. They helped us get last minute seating for our ceremony when we hadn’t booked any – which was not easy to do on a busy October weekend. I could go on forever, but I felt as if Kim and Craig truly cared about us, our families, our wishes, and out happiness – we will be forever grateful to them.
    The venue: Oh. My. Gosh. Winding Creek farm was even more beautiful of a venue than we could have hoped for. The options for a ceremony, a reception, and even cocktail hour are never ending. The grounds are so incredibly gorgeous and serve perfectly for events. The fact that you have the property for the weekend was a huge selling point. It was immensely helpful being able to set up beforehand and have the Sunday after to clean up without rushing. This made the weekend feel a little longer and you aren’t pushed in and out of the venue like some of the larger ones. The cottage is perfect for getting ready, and the Groom’s quarters is wonderful for the grooms to get ready as well. We chose a ceremony option in the back facing the forest and it was an absolute dream! We had our cocktail hour downstairs with a mix of indoor/outdoor space which was wonderful, especially because you can keep the reception area upstairs completely hidden until dinner time. And the reception upstairs – there is no better way to explain it than an absolute fairytale. Photographers will have a ball at this venue for its rustic chic appeal and the absolute plethora of locations for photos. The bathrooms are sufficient for the number of people allowed at the venue, and they are classy for a barn. One thing to note depending on time of year, if that the barn is not temperature controlled. I thought this would be a deal breaker for me when looking for venues but after seeing this location and meeting the owners, I didn’t care if it was 500 degrees, I would have gotten married there! I would recommend if you expect to get married in a hot month to secure some portable A/C units through a local vendor, or heaters in the winter, and there are a plethora of vendors in Leesburg. Another huge plus was the provided tables and chairs – the barn tables are so pretty! We had 130 people, and I felt that was the perfect number. I appreciate they allow up to 150 for flexibility – we invited 185 and were very happy with how 130 fit at the venue.
    The experience: You don’t feel like just another number here. You feel like you’re cared about. Kim and Craig truly make you feel like your day is the most important – even if they have a wedding every weekend! They did so many special things for us, like providing us a lock for the fence to secure on our wedding day and allowing us to bury a bottle of whiskey a month before the wedding to assure good weather – and it worked 😊
    Kim and Craig – thank you for your wonderful hospitality and helping to make all our dreams come true. We are so thankful for all you did for us, and for all the work you put into your beautiful farm. Please stay in this business forever! Thank you!

Sent on 10/30/2018
    Winding Creek Farm 21
    Winding Creek Farm 22
    Winding Creek Farm 23
    Winding Creek Farm 24
    Winding Creek Farm 25
    Winding Creek Farm 26

Maria · Married on 09/22/2018

I honestly cannot remember how I got so lucky as to come across Winding Creek for our wedding venue. As a couple planning an "out of town" wedding (we currently live in Boston, but my fiancee is from Loudoun County) we did a whirlwind venue tour in one weekend. Kim & Nicole were so warm and inviting. They've been responsive to my emails and questions (such a relief, for someone who is planning a wedding from a distance) and helpful in recommending other vendors. The venue is beautiful, with multiple ceremony space options and so many options for how we can set up the barn for our reception. Our wedding is September 2018 and we are so excited to celebrate at Winding Creek!

Sent on 02/07/2018

Alexis · Married on 06/02/2018

Winding Creek Farm is the MOST charming setting for a barn wedding. If you want to get married or have your reception in a barn, this is it - the real deal! My wedding was on June 2 2018 and we planned to have the ceremony outside, behind the barn in a small pasture surrounded by stone wall. It is a beautiful site with a large tree in perfect position for the alter and it provides shade to the whole ceremony area in the afternoon when it's sunny. However, it rained all day on our wedding day, but the back up plan to move the ceremony inside the barn was gorgeous!! I love beautiful sunny weather, but I'm not disappointed that we couldn't have our outdoor ceremony there. The rain plan was so beautiful in the barn and it was so romantic and intimate! Our guests couldn't stop gushing over how beautiful it was.
    I think the best part about Winding Creek isn't just the beautiful setting - the owners Kim and Craig are truly the reason we decided to book this as our venue. Kim and Craig are such kindhearted people and were so helpful through the entire process. They are the kind of people you want to work with for your wedding and they have a ton of experience. They have a wonderful list of recommended vendors, which we chose from and I think that made all the difference. Having a team of vendors who all knew each other and have worked with each other before made coordination so smooth and easy. Nicole is the month-of-coordinator for Winding Creek. It was a huge plus that we didn't have to seek out a coordinator since her service is included in the venue price and she knows the ins and outs of everything there. She is an excellent asset to the Winding Creek team and made our day run so smoothly even when things didn't go as planned (like the weather).
    Another HUGE plus about Winding Creek is you can have access to the property the day before and after your wedding, which is a rare luxury that made our experience top notch and stress-free.

Sent on 06/19/2018
    Winding Creek Farm 27
    Winding Creek Farm 28
    Winding Creek Farm 29

Caroline · Married on 05/19/2018

This was the most amazing venue I could have asked for. The owners Kim and Craig truly made it their mission to make my wedding special. They were always available for any questions I had and helped make my vision come to life. The barn is gorgeous with the beautiful chandelier and natural sunlight flowinging in through the barn walls. Nicole the wedding coordinator helped make everything run smoothly the day of. My family and I were completely stress free the day of the wedding and it was perfect!

Sent on 06/07/2018

Sarah · Married on 05/12/2018

Winding Creek Review

This was the one and only venue we looked at and we couldn't have asked for a better experience from start to finish. Kim & Craig are wonderful and easy to work with. They made the entire experience feel personal and not like they were trying to get on to the next event. You can't go wrong working with them.

The venue itself is stunning and our guests couldn't say enough about how beautiful it was. We were able to have our rehearsal dinner there the night before in the corn crib, our ceremony in front of the barn and our reception in the top of the barn. Nicole Bascope, the included event coordinator, was fabulous. She met with us to go over the plan for the day and made sure everything went smoothly, including finding a last minute hairdresser for me the morning of the wedding. The entire team there ensured everything went off without a hitch. We couldn't have asked for a better team!

Sent on 08/19/2018

Shelby · Married on 09/15/2018

Winding Creek Farm was the PERFECT venue for our rustic, country wedding. The venue was absolutely stunning! Kim and Craig keep it decorated with beautiful antiques that make for the perfect decorations for any type of event. We were able to bring in our decorations to add our own personal touches, but we saved a lot of money by not needing to supply major decorations. The venue is not just a barn, its so much more than that. You truly get the most for your money with this venue. We were able to have the venue from Thursday - Monday which was amazing. This allowed us to be able to set up with plenty of time on Thursday, and add final touches Friday, so we never had to stress about any details on Saturday. They helped in every step. They helped us to clean up and gather our decorations, food, trash, so all we had to do was load it up and we were all cleaned up by Sunday! They offer a golf cart, which allowed us to be able to get our supplies back and forth with ease and our guests were able to be driven to their cars, without needing to walk. The venue also comes with the house on site where you can stay the night before or after. I chose to stay the night before with my bridesmaids and we had a blast! We got to wake up Saturday, enjoy a nice breakfast, then relaxed before all of the hustle and bustle of the day began. Since we were able to use the house, we had the hair and make-up artists come to the house, so getting ready was a breeze! The entire weekend was very stress-free, and enjoyable! Throughout the night of the wedding, the owners were running around making sure everything was in it's place and kept everything running smoothly, and perfectly along with the help of the event coordinator. The flow of the evening was great, and I didn't hear any complaints from the guests. Our wedding was PERFECT and we owe it all to Kim and Craig!

Sent on 09/26/2018