Williams Country Club Reviews

Williams Country Club 6
Williams Country Club 7

Amanda Bernardi · Married on 09/28/2019

Wedding shower

I had my wedding shower here in July. It turned out beautifully. Our guests enjoyed brunch and mimosas while overlooking a great river view. The staff was very friendly and the event planner was great to work with. I would highly recommend having an event here.

Sent on 08/06/2019
    Williams Country Club 12
  • Bethany

Bethany · Married on 09/28/2019

Wedding Perfection

I cannot say enough positive things about our venue. Our coordinator, Regan went above and beyond to make sure that we were thrilled with every aspect of our wedding, including moving the chairs and set up for the ceremony an hour before the wedding. Regan is so calm and pleasant. Communication was excellent and all staff were friendly and willing to work with us to make sure that everything we needed, we had. I absolutely would recommend this venue to everyone I come in contact with.

Sent on 09/30/2019

Bandrea · Married on 09/15/2018

We are so happy we chose to have our wedding reception at this one of a kind club. We fell in love with the history and amazing views, but the staff and the food are equally impressive! At least a dozen of our guests said our wedding was the best they’ve ever been to. We highly recommend having your event at Williams Golf and Country Club!

Sent on 10/14/2018
    Williams Country Club 13
    Williams Country Club 14
    Williams Country Club 15

Cassandra · Married on 05/05/2018

We could not have asked for a better wedding experience! I always hear so many horror stories about venues but we had 0 complications. Megan was our event coordinator and she took care of every little detail and made the process so smooth and stress free for us! The food was amazing not like traditional chicken and dried up rigatoni you usually get at a wedding and the views are just absolutely breathtaking!! Would highly recommend having your event here! The ease of having the reception and ceremony in the same place and the attentiveness of the staff is so great! They really do make you feel like royalty!

Sent on 08/15/2018

We held my daughters baby shower here. Look no further for a place to hold your special occasion. The food was delicious, the view beautiful and the country club is so charming. Aubrey, the event coordinator, and her staff were amazing. They were on top of everything. Our guests made sure we knew how well they were taken care. We enjoyed the shower because we didn't have to worry about anything.

Sent on 08/20/2015

Chayna · Married on 08/15/2015

My husband and I held our reception here and It was everything that I could have dreamed of and more!!!! I couldn't imagine going any other place. From the beautiful views, the staff, and the elegancy of the venue itself all took my breath away! Not to mention it was some of the best food I have ever eaten!! ( MANY of my guests agree with that statement) A special thanks to the event coordinator, Aubrey, who once told me when I was asking around for available dates that she "would be there for me so much I would think she was going to walk me down the aisle". She was so right. Thanks everyone for making our day so special!!

Sent on 12/30/2015
  • Sassy Cincy Bride

Sara · Married on 08/01/2015

All I can say about this vendor is WOW! My husband and I planned our wedding from Cincinnati Ohio and I never felt like I didn't know that everything was under control. The coordinator Aubrey is amazing! She worked tirelessly to make our day perfect and succeed beautifully. Even when the power was knocked out by a fallen branch the day of our wedding I had no fear that all would be right with the world and that our event would be perfect. My parents stayed at the club during the weekend so that they would be on hand if needed and she bent over backward to make sure they were comfortable the entire stay.

The natural beauty of this venue is unparalleled to anyplace in Cincinnati or Columbus and the service is the same. When I asked to have a dish that is not on their regular menu served I was told that they would be happy to do that for me. The food is as amazing as their people. Chef Dominick is a hidden gem. His marinara is delicious, the chicken Saltimbocca is to die for and his crab cakes are better than what I have had in Maryland.

I cannot say enough about this venue and their people. I would choose this place over and over again.

Sent on 09/07/2015

Morgan · Married on 10/18/2014

Williams Country Club was a beautiful venue for our wedding. The food was delicious and the staff was helpful and great!

Sent on 10/26/2014

Linda · Married on 07/05/2014

The bride and groom and our entire group of family and friends tood us that my daughter's, Jessica (Cattrell) Dimond, shower was the best shower they ever attended. The food was excellent and plentiful and we had the pastry chef provide cupcakes which were out of this world. The event planner, Aubrey, was very efficient, helpful, and courteous. No question was ever too insignificant to return a call or email. The venue is the most beautiful you can find in the area. Very satisfied and would sincerely recommend Williams Country Club to anyone looking for a perfect venue! Thanks to the management and staff for a memorable event!

Sent on 07/31/2014

Emily · Married on 10/12/2013

We had a beautiful wedding reception at Williams Country Club. The atmosphere of the building is wonderful with amazing views and an elegant setting indoors. The food was great and there were plenty of staff members to serve during our reception. All the people we worked with throughout the planning stages and during the wedding were friendly and professional. I am so glad we chose Williams - it was the perfect atmosphere for a beautiful event.

Sent on 10/29/2013

Bethany · Married on 06/18/2011

The week leading up to my wedding was a nightmare, many things went wrong including Weirton (the town where we got married) had NO WATER. Williams took care of everything, I did not get one phone call from them. They called and complained until the sewage was turned on, they had porta potties as backups just in case. They trucked in tons of bottled water for our guests. The service was incredible, every worker was on top of their game. The food was absolutely incredible! I have an Italian family who are extremely hard to please when it comes to food that is not their own. My family raved about everything! The days leading up to the wedding may have been stressful, but my actual wedding day was perfect. A lot of that is thanks to Williams and all of their workers! I HIGHLY recommend them!

Sent on 06/30/2011

heather · Married on 06/21/2008

beautiful venue with great service

Sent on 09/29/2008

ask · Married on 08/18/2007

they were perfect! Everything was wonderful.

Sent on 11/07/2007
  • F

Nikalete · Married on 08/18/2007

They arranged everything for me the day before so I could put out favors and decorations. They worked so well with the florist, the DJ, and the Bakery. Everything went smoothly. The food was excellent! The facility was beautiful, with an amazing view of the Ohio River valley. The staff was friendly, the management was excellent. It was the wedding of my dreams.

Sent on 03/17/2008

cecilia · Married on 07/07/2007

I had my reception here last year. They were helpful in planning. Even though I live in Virginia beach, I am from ohio which is 10 minutes away from the facility, so my mother took care of everything. The place is beautiful for any formal event. The food was EXCELLENT, everyone had 2nd's, 3rd's, and 4th helpings lol and i don't think i've ever seen that at a wedding, I had an outside cake and a cookie display and they were fine with it and they also provided little boxes for people to take the cake home in at no extra cost! They were very helpful, and made my day very special.

Sent on 07/01/2008

Deborah · Married on 11/15/2003

What a fun place to have a reception!

Sent on 02/28/2009

Allison · Married on 10/08/2011

Not being from the area it is a small town and the church we were married at has a lot of importance for his family. We are the 3rd generation to be wed along with baptisms at Sacred Heart. So we had to stay close to the church seeing as half of the guest were traveling into town already. The typical reception of the Serb or the knights is not what I had in mind and then I found Williams. I fell in love with the view and the ballroom has wonderful accents from romantic lighting and open floor plan but my favorite was the view from the bar. Brandi worked wonders and was very helpfull. The chef is amazing! At our tasting it was out of this world and we were hoping it would be that great at the reception and it was just as great! We reviewed many compliments on the food and how beautiful the venue was. My bridesmaids were able to set up the decorations the night before, I had cocktail tables brought into the bar area, and borrowed decorations from another room ( pretty vases and baskets for the entry tables). The staff was so professional and very swift at cleaning up and saving the pieces I wanted to keep. We were beyond blissfully happy with how our wedding went and a huge part of that was from choosing Williams country club as our venue. They also threw in a round of golf for my husband and his groomsmen with lunch at the clubhouse. We paid for his groomsmen, Great groomsmen gift. My husband always wanted to play the course but never knew a member so it made his day. If your looking for a venue in Weirton there is none better than Williams!

Sent on 04/11/2012
  • Darlene

Darlene Ballas · Married on 10/12/2019

3.0

Lovely Bridal Shower

Held a bridal shower here recently. Was wonderful!! Regan was so professional, kind and so accommodating! The food was delicious and the space is old school elegant! It’s pricey, but I would pay that again to ensure the quality of everything I received!

Sent on 08/18/2019
    Williams Country Club 16
    Williams Country Club 17

Maria · Married on 04/23/2016

3.8
      3.0

This was a beautiful venue and we were very happy with how everything turned out! However, two weeks before the wedding, I still had not been able to get ahold of Aubrey (the event coordinator there) via cell or office number or by email. I called the club and asked to talk to her and was told she no longer worked there. When I asked to talk to someone (anyone?) about my wedding reception being held in two weeks and they took my information and told me someone would get back to me. Hours later, Theresa called me and we started to get things sorted out, however, I was still trying to get things taken care here of up until the day before my wedding. If they could get this event planner situation sorted out, Williams would be fantastic, because the venue is beautiful and the food was great. We got a lot of compliments on everything. However, the fact that no one bothered to give me any new contact information when Aubrey left caused me a lot of unnecessary stress.

Sent on 05/12/2016