Willa Kveta Photography Reviews

Willa Kveta Photography 6
Willa Kveta Photography 7

Eva · Married on 09/15/2018

Absolute best photographer!!

Willa is hands down the most incredible wedding photographer in Santa Barbara (and in my opinion, all of California). She exudes passion and excitement for what she does, and truly captivated the true joy and emotions from our wedding that we will cherish forever. She was incredible to work with, and we genuinely loved our entire experience with her. My husband does not like his photo taken, but when he met Willa, his attitude completely shifted and we ended up loving the entire process. She made us feel so comfortable and was incredibly creative. If you want the BEST photos, capturing true moments, and work with an absolute gem of a woman, you have come to the right place. The hardest part of the process is choosing the photos to put in our album because we love them ALL.

Sent on 11/10/2018

Rachel · Married on 08/11/2018

I remember reading these reviews when I thought "wow she must be amazing to get all 5 stars!" Now that we are looking back on our wedding (through our amazing photos) my husband and I cannot say enough wonderful things about Willa! It was a dream having her as our photographer. That was how it felt from our very first phone call all the way through receiving our photos! We are still swooning over every single one of them! The work she does is absolutely breathtaking, far exceeded our expectations, and was worth every single penny! We were married at The Ritz-Carlton Bacara and it was such a piece of mind knowing how experienced she is working at the resort! Willa is beautiful inside & out and we can't wait to have her capture future family photos!

Sent on 09/16/2018
    Willa Kveta Photography 25
    Willa Kveta Photography 26

Rosy · Married on 08/05/2018

Highly Recommend - Would use again

Willa and her team are absolutely AMAZING. She captured all of the little moments with me and my husband, as well as our family and guests. Her images are vivid and natural. She is very responsive and really executed our wedding vision. Every time I go through them, I am taken back to our wedding day. I highly recommend her to anyone wanting to capture a special event.

Sent on 11/03/2018
    Willa Kveta Photography 27

Gwendolyn Sumner · Married on 06/23/2018

You can't ask for better!

You cannot ask for more! Willa is a true romantic that genuinely loves her profession and this really comes through in her photography. Her passion for her work and for representing each couple's love and story enveloped us every moment we had the pleasure to work with her. She is professional, flexible, focused, and supportive of the couple's vision they want captured. She is an absolute joy! I would wholeheartedly recommend her to anyone for their wedding or engagement photos. Thank you a million Willa!

Sent on 06/29/2019

Laurel · Married on 04/07/2018

It is truly impossible to describe just how much my husband and I love Willa, both as a photographer and as a person in general. Not only are her photos some of the most beautiful I've ever seen (seriously, look at her Instagram feed), but she is honestly one of the most genuine and kind people I've ever met. From our very first telephone conversation with her, she just put us both at ease. It was like talking to an old friend. And for two people who aren't huge fans of being photographed, that was key for us.

The file sizes of the images I've got are too big for WeddingWire's website, so I will just recommend that anyone considering hiring Willa go check out her Instagram feed. Her photos obviously speak for themselves, but I will also note that our dog, Rosie, NEVER looks at the camera. Willa basically had her posing like a supermodel - even animals know Willa's the best! :-)

Sent on 04/19/2018

Suan · Married on 10/20/2017

Willa is the best photographer I've come across. We hired her for our wedding. The photos were just incredible! She captured the spirit of the day. We know that when we look at these photos in the years to come, they will always bring us back to our special day. Willa has a way of relaxing us so that the photos look so candid. We have several family members who are avid photographers and they have been very impressed with the results. She is very professional and wonderful to work with. Highly recommended for sure!

Sent on 11/28/2017

Jenny · Married on 09/09/2017

If you want to have a wedding photographer who is fun, talented and will capture remarkable photos on your special day, Willa is a great fit for you! From the initial phone conversation (after her quick response to our email), we knew that Willa was a great match for us. When we finally got to meet her for our engagement shoot, we were ecstatic about her positive energy. Willa's passion for photography shines through every moment that she is capturing the memories. We are so happy with how our engagement photos & wedding photos turned out and thankful to have had the opportunity with such an amazing person & true artist! Thank you Willa -- we are forever grateful!

Sent on 11/14/2017

Kaylee · Married on 07/15/2017

Wow – where do we even begin?! I’ll start off by saying that Willa is absolutely incredible, from start to finish. We met Willa at my mom’s wedding and instantly fell in love with her personality and style as a guest at the wedding… and when my mom received her photos, we fell in love all over again. My husband and I had no hesitation when choosing an engagement session and wedding photographer. Willa is adventurous, energetic, and flexible. For our engagement photo session, I had this idea of beach sunset photos. Willa was slightly worried about the lighting and so she suggested “magic hour”, or the hour before the sun sets. Again, WOW. I’m so thankful she shared her professional opinion and our photos turned out so perfect. Willa also exudes a sense of calmness, which together make for a perfect form of encouragement when you’re a nervous wreck on your wedding!

Willa is well prepared for the day, or in our case the weekend. Willa and I spoke about the wedding day plan about a week before hand and she had me send her a list of family members that we needed portrait photos with. Trust me, this is so helpful when the day of comes and everyone is running around and Willa and assistant call the names out for you. Willa even mapped out the area where we were taking our First Look photos so she was well prepared for the day.

Overall, during both sessions, I felt at ease and comfortable. Willa allowed my husband and I to let go of all the stress and just be in love! We will definitely be using her any time we want beautiful, high quality photos.

Sent on 12/15/2017

Julia · Married on 06/03/2017

Where do we even begin....Willa is simply the best and you'll be the luckiest and happiest bride & groom if you're able to book her for your big day. My husband and I cared a lot about our photographer's energy because you spend so much time with that person (you even have to leave the party to go spend time with that person) and Willa delivered in every way.
    She was excited for us, but also incredibly calming (when we were running behind schedule-- my fault, not hers)! She laughed with us, encouraged us, made us feel SO comfortable, and maybe even shed a tear or two with us. We felt so at ease in front of her camera (and Veronica's! Her assistant was AMAZING, as well!). For any Four Seasons Santa Barbara brides- Willa knew her way around the property like the back of her hand so no time was wasted finding the right spot. From a planning and post-wedding perspective, she couldn't have been easier to work with. Prompt in her responses, Willa provided guidance and suggestions, but was never pushy. We had our slideshow by day 2 of our honeymoon and our entire wedding album came shortly thereafter (much faster than we anticipated). The final product was more beautiful than anything we could have hoped for. She caught moments we forgot about, worked our angles like every bride hopes, and edited each photo with that special light that really stood out to me when I was doing my preliminary photography research. We would give her 10 stars if we could!

Sent on 11/10/2017

Radhika · Married on 05/28/2017

Willa is great. So professional and prepared. Which was good because my now husband is not the most patient of men, especially when having to dress up and pose for pictures. But Willa managed him beautifully and got the job done! The photos were exquisite! We couldn’t have been happier with them. The main problem we are having is picking the best ones for our album. It’s so hard because there are so many that we love!

Sent on 11/13/2017
    Willa Kveta Photography 35
    Willa Kveta Photography 36
    Willa Kveta Photography 37

Sara · Married on 04/15/2017

Willa photographed our wedding in April 2017. Every vendor we hired and person we mentioned Willa's name to had nothing but amazing things to say about her! After seeing Willa's website and speaking for her the first time I knew we had to hire her for our wedding. She has an infectious and positive energy, it is obvious she LOVES what she does. She was extremely flexible, letting us add an extra hour to our contracted time only a couple of weeks before the wedding. She helped us tailor our photo package within our budget. She met with us at our venue before the wedding. She answered all of our questions, replied to every email and phone call, made a schedule for the day, and made sure we had all of our details we wanted photographed with us on the day of the wedding. Willa has such a wonderful personality that will make you feel comfortable and beautiful. She takes her time but will keep your wedding party and family focused for photos. She captured every single important moment and every single important detail. When we received our photos a few weeks after the wedding we spent HOURS looking at them! I have nothing but wonderful things to say about Willa and every single one of our photos. We would recommend her without hesitation to anyone looking for a wedding photographer.

Sent on 06/26/2017

Sarah · Married on 01/28/2017

I grew up in Santa Barbara and married by husband 3 weeks ago at El Presidio and El Paseo. We hired a mariachi band to escort us and our guests to the reception and it was the best day of our lives! Words cannot begin to describe how utterly blown away we are with Willa's photography. The most important aspect of the wedding to me was always the photographer because the day will go by in a flash and you will miss so many special moments and emotions.

Thanks to Willa, we were able to relive the entire day and will continue to do so for the rest of our lives. She didn't just take photos but she captured emotion, people, architecture and our love. The joy of flipping through her photos is hard to put into words. As the bride, there were so many moments during our big day that I completely missed and thanks to her, we can continue to relive the best day of our lives forever.

Not only is her work a league above the rest, but she is an absolute gem. She made my husband enjoy an engagement photoshoot that he wasn't totally thrilled about doing. Since we had already done the engagement shoot with Willa, the wedding day felt so calm and comfortable- we were pros by then! Willa is amazing to work with and we cannot speak enough praises about her work, creative style and lovely personality.

Willa's work is absolutely stunning and I highly recommend Willa for any future wedding or event!

-Happiest bride around

Sent on 02/17/2017

Meara · Married on 12/12/2016

Willa photographed our elopement last December and impressed us in every way. Not only did she help make it the perfect day but my wife and I LOVE our photos!! Elopements are very personal and romantic and Willa only enhanced and complemented the day with her warm, loving, and positive energy. We felt so comfortable with her and she truly captured all the love between us. It was such an authentic experience and it really shows in her photography. Willa is a true artist, a real professional, and overall an amazing person. She does not disappoint!! ~Two very happy brides!

Sent on 11/17/2017

Megan · Married on 07/16/2016

Willa is seriously the best wedding photographer in the world!! She was so professional and easy to work with throughout the planning process, and her photos are so, so unique and special - she captured our wedding day more perfectly than I could have ever imagined. I could not recommend Willa more!!

Sent on 08/09/2016

Cathy · Married on 05/29/2016

Willa photographed my daughter's wedding in Santa Barbara on May 29, 2016. When we got Willa's photos I was moved to tears. I cannot believe how well she captured each moment of the wedding.

Willa's photos are simply the most beautiful wedding photos I have ever seen.

I am so very happy that we were able to get Willa to do the photos. She must be busy every moment with weddings. I feel honored to say that I paid for her services and it is one of my best life decisions.

Thank you to Willa now and thank you forever for these memories.

Sent on 06/22/2016

Mischa · Married on 05/29/2016

Hiring Willa as our wedding photographer is hands down one of the best decisions of our lives! She captured the feelings, moments and beauty of our day so magnificently and we will cherish her photos forever! Willa has a way of making everything and everyone look so beautiful and magical! Besides being a brilliant photographer, Willa and her assistant were super easy to work with and pleasant to work with on our wedding day. They arrived early on our wedding day for our “first look” and helped us set and keep a schedule throughout the day. Willa was very accommodating with our few requests and handled large family photos with aplomb. Willa is well worth the money as her work will be cherished forever! We have had many many guests tell us that they are the most beautiful wedding photos they have ever seen, and we agree! Willa, thank you for capturing our day so perfectly!

Sent on 07/17/2016

I'm submitting this review from a somewhat different perspective--as the mother of the bride. While the bride was also over-the-moon with the photos and Willa, she will post her own review. This one is from the mom! And I can't say enough about Willa. From our very first contact (which was inspired by her beautiful website), Willa was professional, responsive, friendly and fun. Since we didn't live in the area, most of our contact was by email--and Willa was accessible almost 24/7. She also met me at the venue on one of my few trips before the wedding, and discussed ideas and suggestions. When the wedding rolled around, Willa was on top of every detail--from the lists of family member groupings, to the timeline from start to finish. All this attests to her organizational and professional skills--but what mattered most was the amazing creativity and beauty of her pictures. She sent a slideshow link of photos set to the first dance song just days after the wedding that blew us all away. I have watched the slideshow more times than I want to admit, and forwarded it to family and friends. EVERYONE has raved and remarked that they are the most beautiful wedding photos they've ever seen. She captured the mood and spirit of the wedding, the love between our daughter and husband, and the sheer joy and elation of the event, from the ceremony through the dancing. I wish I could give more than 5 stars--Willa is truly a treasure! Thank you, Willa!!!!

Sent on 06/02/2016

Kelly · Married on 05/21/2016

I cannot say enough praise for Willa! Hiring Willa as our wedding photographer in Santa Barbara for our wedding last month was the best decision we could have made. Leading up to the wedding, I had one call with Willa to go over what we wanted in terms of different grouping for photos.. She was very flexible and also had so much experience that she could fill in the gaps of what photos she thought we would want. Then on the day of the wedding, Will and her assistant were SO MUCH FUN to work with - they were relaxed, professional and completely what we wanted for our wedding. By the end of the night, I felt like Willa was a friend who I had invited to our wedding because we felt that happy that she was there. And then we got back our photos and we were BLOWN AWAY by how beautiful they all were. She did a remarkable job with all aspects of the photos... We've received so many emails from people telling us how gorgeous the wedding photos are and we couldn't agree more. Willa was truly able to capture the feel and the love and the happiness and the mood of the wedding (as well as somehow capture flattering angles of everyone in every photo!) I would recommend Willa to anyone for any event - I hope we get to work with her again in the future. THANK YOU WILLA!

Sent on 06/17/2016

Stacey · Married on 04/23/2016

While I know that the beauty of Willa's photos speak for themselves, I also cannot say enough good things about how great she was to work with. For those of us who our engagement or wedding photos are our first "real" photo shoot, her friendly demeanor and passion for what she does brings out the best in you and makes the situation much less awkward. She was very responsive through the whole process and helped us pick great locations to really get the most out of our photos. We absolutely loved all of our photos and I would highly recommend Willa for your engagement and wedding photos!

Sent on 05/26/2016

Sharon and Glen · Married on 10/18/2015

Willa was amazing. Not only were her photos all stunning, but she was very fun and easy to work with! She came early to the venues of the ceremony and reception, taking photos of the set-ups, took photos of the wedding party getting ready, including photos of me (the bride) getting my hair and make-up done while she was standing in our bathtub. She was always smiling and great at making everyone feel comfortable. She went in the limo with us to the ceremony venue and took great, fun photos of the wedding party. Her photos of the ceremony and post ceremony were absolutely gorgeous, and at the reception she stayed through the cake cutting, getting more stunning photos. Her slide show, put to music was perfect and easy to share with others. What more can we say? We loved Willa and her work!

Sent on 11/24/2015

We are in love with our wedding photos and have received numerous compliments!! Willa captured our special day with so many beautiful moments and unforgettable pictures that we will treasure forever. She blended into our event so easily which made her presence very comfortable and enabled everyone to relax and enjoy the party! Willa’s heart and photographic aesthetic was exactly what we wanted from our photographer. We are truly thankful we found her!

Sent on 01/17/2016

Barbara · Married on 09/20/2015

I cannot recommend Willa Kveta enough. I didn't even meet her until an hour before my wedding, yet she's so personable (darling, really) that I felt like I was with another one of my sisters while she was clicking away at photos. And that's just the beginning... the quality of her photos is excellent and she created a slideshow that captured fully the joyful spirit of our wedding. We were amazed at the moments she caught that are absolutely priceless. Each time we look at our slideshow, we're right back there and over the moon with happiness. My family members have all commented accordingly. Willa is a gem in all respects and you would be foolish to even consider anyone else for any event.

Sent on 09/26/2015

SHANNON · Married on 08/14/2015

Our wedding album turned out soooooo awesome and we absolutely love it!!
    We get so many compliments from your work. My cousin, who had his wedding before mine, was very disappointed in their photographer and quality of photos. Yikes! I’m just grateful in what you provided us as you can’t take that day back. Every bit was well worth it and we couldn’t be more happy.

Sent on 01/12/2016
  • User4652021 · 2+ years ago

It was such a pleasure to work with Willa. We found her through friends, whose weddings she also photographed. If you look at her website, you will see that she produces beautiful, high-quality images time after the time. Ours were no exception. I absolutely love our wedding pictures. They capture our special day perfectly. I really like Willa's photojournalistic style, in which she captures events as they occur as if she were telling a story. The result are soulful, heartwarming photos that might as well be in one of those wedding magazines! Willa also has a wonderful personality - she is very easy to work with and you instantly relax in front of her camera. Lastly, she delivers on schedule: shortly after the wedding, we received a lovely slideshow we could share with friends. In a couple weeks after that, all of our digital images arrived on a flash card in a nice leather case. (Apparently, not every photographer will give you the actual digital files, which is of course something you want). In short, if you are looking for a talented, experienced, easy-to-work-with photographer and magazine-quality photos, call Willa! I'm so glad I did.

Sent on 01/19/2015