Wild{Whim} Design + Photography Reviews

28 | Thousand Oaks, CA

28 Reviews for Wild{Whim} Design + Photography

28 Wild{Whim} Design + Photography Reviews

Melissa · Married on 05/13/2017

Kelly was a dream to work with. The photographer is extremely important, not just for the pictures but for the attitude and vibe that you have close to you on your wedding day. What we loved about her most when my husband and I met her was that she was so kind and real. We loved her energy and LOVED her photos. Our wedding was very recent so we only have the teaser photos right now but they are STUNNING. She was calm and fantastic on the day, she really made the whole wedding party comfortable in front of a camera which can be difficult, I'm sure. The whole process was really fun and it didn't feel forced or cheesy. She gave just enough direction where we felt confident and trusted that the pictures would be amazing. If you choose her as your wedding photographer. You won't regret it!!

Dakota · Married on 01/21/2017

Kelly is a friend of my sisters and when I was planning my wedding, she recommended that I take a look at her website, Wild Whim, to view some of her work. After browsing through the first wedding collection, I knew I had found my photographer. I contacted her via email and immediately heard back! She sent over a pricing sheet and I was blown away again by how reasonable her prices were for how gorgeous her photos are...I was expecting her to charge way more! Because my husband and I were paying for the wedding ourselves, I needed to negotiate my prices just a little and she was very accommodating and we met in the middle to find a package that worked for us. Leading up to the wedding, Kelly would check in and ask for information so that she had a good feel for the ceremony timing and all of the names of our families so that she could speak to them on a first name basis.

At the wedding, Kelly and her assistant were beyond professional and friendly. They made everyone feel comfortable infront of the camera and during the ceremony and reception, they were like flies on the wall. Everyone forgot they were there, yet they captured all of the important, and not so important, moments so that the whole wedding was documented. After the wedding, I received so many compliments about their professionalism and how "non-wedding photographer-ish" they were....and that is a great compliment!

I just received my wedding photos and I am overjoyed... I literally look at them over and over again. My mom said it best, "It's like we relived the night all over again!" So many beautiful moments, both planned and candid, that were captured. And believe me, you are not getting gipped on your photo count...she sent us over 1000 pictures!!

I have already recommended Wild Whim to a close friend that is getting married in December and they are going to be hiring her. I can't gush enough about Wild Whim and am so blessed to have had them photograph our wedding!!

Dakota Dunn

Shannon · Married on 09/24/2016

Working with Kelly and her team for both our engagement photos and on our wedding day was an absolute dream. She has such a positive and uplifting energy that made us feel confident, relaxed and beautiful on a day that could have otherwise been super stressful. She was so easy to work with leading up to the wedding, was very responsive via email and provided very clear timelines that were easy to stick to. Most importantly, Kelly takes gorgeous photos and captured all the love from our day. We are still receiving comments from guests about how gorgeous our photos are, and I’m still trying to figure out how Kelly and her team were able to capture all the love of that day without ever once feeling intrusive. I cannot recommend Kelly and Wild Whim Photography more highly!

Avon · Married on 06/01/2016

Kelly is the most amazing photographer. She really puts the whole family at ease. Her locations are perfect backdrops. She is super talented and very very sweet.

Brooke · Married on 02/20/2016

Kelly and her team are SO amazing to work with. We were looking for someone to take care of the photography and videography, and with a strong grasp on candid shots and non-cheesy portraits. Holy moly, did they deliver! Not only was Kelly communicative before the event, but the entire team was a dream on the day of the wedding. They made everyone feel so comfortable and were so engaging. I didn't even notice them during the ceremony and the reception. We got our photos back super quick and WOW! They are gorgeous. I seriously can't stop looking at them. They did such a wonderful job capturing everyone. Can't wait to see what the video looks like!

• Y

Yana · Married on 01/17/2016

Finding a photographer was one of the first things my husband and I did during the wedding planning process. Looking through portfolios we saw a lot of beachy outdoor venues and industrial modern interiors, but didn’t see a lot of stuff that fit our unusual venue (both our ceremony and reception were indoors at a restaurant in West Hollywood). I came across some of Kelly’s work on a number of wedding blogs, and was struck with how her pictures were tailored to each wedding and let the individuality of every one of her couples shine through. And, very importantly, no cheesy prom photo anywhere! She was also the only photographer to send us photos from indoor weddings and receptions she’d done before when she got a sense for our venue.
    We hit it off from our very first phone call, and when she came on the day of the wedding to take photos of us getting ready it was as if one of our friends was there to hang out while taking some pictures. Kelly made us feel comfortable and relaxed on a day which could otherwise very quickly turn into a bundle of nerves. The genuine connection we felt made the day go by so much quicker and she was really encouraging during the photo taking process.
    Kelly was also incredibly quick with her turnaround – we had dozens of initial photos within days of the wedding. She sent us more and more pictures incrementally and once we received the final set we could not believe how amazing she captured every single moment of our day. From ceremony glimpses of our audience, to dance floor shenanigans and ice cream sandwich merry making, the details of each hour were there. Our family and friends LOVED the pictures, and my mom and aunt continue to look through them, sometimes more than once a day every day.
    Kelly is the nicest, funniest, and warm person and we cannot recommend her enough. We cannot wait to work with her in the future for more life events.

Grace · Married on 11/22/2015

Picking a wedding photographer is such an intense ordeal for most couples. My wedding planner referred me to Kelly and we are SO GRATEFUL we went with Kelly and her team. She was SUPER EASY to work with and so flexible with our needs. Day of the wedding, her team came to the Airbnb we were getting ready at and immediately started to get to work without any direction and it was one less than I (the bride) had to worry about while I was getting the final touches of my hair and makeup done. Kelly had this magical way of calming us all down and making us feel very comfortable in front of the camera. Even after the wedding, my friends and bridal party kept commenting on how caring and easy going Kelly and her team were. And finally, don't even get me started with the end product- the photos and our highlight video were AMAZING. Kelly would keep us posted throughout the editing process, sending us day after teasers, 1-month teasers, and etc. If we were to get married all over again, I would book Wild Whim in a heartbeat to shoot our wedding.

Noelle · Married on 08/14/2015

Kelly is amazing! I personally loved our engagement shoot and her willingness to hike and really explore the venue to get the best shots. She had gone to the venue before we met her there and explored it and knew the best places to take pictures. I loved every single shot from our engagement session!
    For our wedding she was on time and collaborated extremely well with our videographer. She was professional and very discreet. She was quick and efficient with the time that my husband and I were pulled away and knew exactly where to be to get great pictures. I love our wedding photos so so much!
    I would definitely 1000x recommend her for your wedding.

Kristine · Married on 06/13/2015

Kelly captured our June wedding in Malibu and did such an amazing job capturing the spirit of our wedding perfectly. She was the second vendor I booked after the venue and was so easy to work with all the way through. Even though we didn't get to meet until the day of the wedding since we were planning it remotely from Seattle, Kelly was so warm and understanding that she managed to capture the day as if she'd known my fiance and I like friends and captured our family and friends seamlessly and with care. Her photos captured all the emotions of the day and also served as a document to the moments we missed, as we got to look back on our wedding and see the experience that not only we had but our guests had. On the actual wedding day, Kelly made us feel comfortable, guiding us through photos that would bring out the best in us. My husband and I as well as some of our bridesmaids and groomsmen are camera shy; Kelly mixed in direction with a photojournalistic sensibility to get us relaxed and make the experience fun. Behind the scenes she was communicative and got our photos back to us in a really timely fashion. We couldn't recommend her enough!

Katherine · Married on 05/09/2015

Kelly was an absolute DREAM to have as a wedding photographer! She was so, so, so wonderful to work with and the images from the day are even better than we were hoping for. Throughout the whole day she was calm, relaxed, positive, professional, and happy. She was so flexible and friendly and most importantly made me, my groom, our family, and wedding party feel beautiful and relaxed. She captured so many incredible moments throughout the day. Kelly's photography style is a mix of amazing candid shots and truly beautiful more posed moments. I was worried I would feel awkward for the more 'romantic' shots but Kelly made me feel comfortable, and like a supermodel. Your wedding photographer is with you for so much of your day, it is so important to have someone who you can feel comfortable with-- and for that, and a million other reasons, I am so grateful I had Kelly and her amazing assistant with us on our day. She took all our requests into consideration and made sure to get all the shots that were important to us, plus ones we didn't even know we wanted! When we arrived at the venue in the morning, there was an issue with the key and we were all locked out. Kelly helped keep everyone calm and then hopped the fence to get started taking pictures of my dress and accessories in the front yard while we waited for the key! She sent us sneak peek pictures almost immediately after the wedding, and sent us our entire collection within a month. We love every single photo and will cherish them forever. Kelly has a wonderful eye for capturing details and special moments. She is an incredibly skilled photographer and has such a warm heart and a great sense of humor, exactly the type of person you want around you on your wedding day. I can't imagine having anyone else photograph our wedding day. I would absolutely recommend her -- she's the best.

Greg · Married on 10/24/2014

Kelly and her staff were great. I didn't even want a wedding photographer, but if I wanted my wife, I needed a wedding photographer:) Kelly was able to get the unruly little kids to pose, even the babies seemed to respond to her clear direction. We've only seen a few of the pictures so far - but even those are amazing. For my wife (who has insane artistic ability and creativity as opposed to me... I am supremely lacking in both), she loved Kelly's style and existing portfolio. I was thankful for her efficiency and demeanor. It was actually a pleasant experience and we even got everything done on schedule. She was wonderful to work with and we both recommend her highly.

Carly · Married on 09/06/2014

AMAZING quality, service and really fun to work with. LOVE!!!

Jacquie · Married on 07/27/2013

She is simply the best. Caring, sweet, genuine, kind, and takes the most stunning and gorgeous photos ever. Everyone at my wedding commented on what an incredible she did...and that was before they even saw the photos!! Simply a joy to work with, I couldn't recommend her enough!!

Kathryn · Married on 07/12/2013

I couldn't have been happier with Kelly!!!! She is such a talented and lovely person to work with. I really can't put into words how pleased we are with our photos and all that she captured about our wedding day. We are forever grateful for the memories we have to look back on. Kelly is by far my very favorite photographer, and I look forward to working with her in the future!!!

Missy · Married on 05/18/2013

Kelly is the best photographer I have ever met. We were lucky enough that she came all the way to Chicago to capture our wedding day and we really couldn't have imagined it with anyone else. I would recommend Kelly to anyone and everyone who has a big life event coming up. In addition to being a phenomenal and thoughtful photographer, she is one of the sweetest people I have ever encountered. She is so fun and really made our day even more special than it already was. My advice to anyone reading this is, definitely hire Kelly to capture your special event. You will not be disappointed!!!

I could not be happier with the decision to hire Wild Whim Photography to capture my wedding day on 12.1.12. I had attended a good friend’s wedding in August and had seen Kelly snapping away (let me re-phrase that – I often did not see her as she blended into the crowd as a great photographer knows how to do) --- and when I viewed the photos a few weeks later I was blown away….. and knew she was the only one I wanted to capture my wedding day. She was warm, professional & prompt in answering all of my questions regarding logistics, pricing, etc ahead of time…. and arrived the day of early & with a huge smile. It’s not often that you stand in front of a camera for professional photos – and she made my husband, our bridal party, and I - laugh and feel comfortable/natural. The photos we received of our day were ethereal, romantic, and absolutely lovely. Kelly has an AMZING, creative eye. She snapped interesting angles that added to the depth of the photos – and captured the images perfectly whether she was working with the romantic light of the sunset or the low light of the interior reception. The photos were better than I had even hoped & brought us back to that special day. They will be cherished forever. I could not have been happier with the end result - and would absolutely recommend Kelly/Wild Whim Photography to capture ANY important life events. I’m sure we’ll be working with her again in the future.

lindsay · Married on 08/25/2012

I cannot say enough positive things about Kelly and Micah at Wild Whim photography! they photographed our wedding on August 25th of this year, and we really couldn't be happier with our photos. not only are they amazing artiss, but they're also wonderful people. they made our day even more special and I would highly recommend them to anyone considering hiring them for their wedding

Carrie · Married on 07/07/2012

I was so happy with EVERYTHING! Engagement pictures, wedding pictures everything turned out better then I thought (and I knew Wildwhim was amazing)! Two months later and we are still getting compliments on the pictures and how great Kelly was, everyone loved her!!! Thank you for everything;) xo

Wild whim design and photography is fantastic! She captured so many wonderful moments, the pictures are so beautiful and magical!

• W

Whitney · Married on 06/02/2012

Kelly was 100% the BEST decision we made with wedding vendors! My husband and I did an engagement session with Kelly so we could get to know her before the wedding and we immediately knew it was going to be great. Kelly has a way of instantly making people feel comfortable with her and in front of the camera. The day of our wedding seeing her was one of the most calming moments of the day. Her creativity and "eye" made our "first look" images some of our favorite (although we have hundreds of favorites- she doesn't take a bad photo). And as a bonus our family and friends absolutely loved her! She managed capture all the magical moments in an artistic and organic way that left us with hundreds of photos we absolutely love!

Kelli did my daughter's wedding, it was perfection !

• W

Whitney · Married on 06/02/2012

Kelly was my favorite vendor from our entire wedding. She was amazing to work with and the photos are stunning. I highly recommend Wild Whim Photography for your wedding needs.

Kelly is an amazing photographer and so incredibly talented in many ways. She had a million delightful poses ready and talked them through with us as the day went on. Her online services were fantastic and the outcome (the pictures) were beyond all expectations. I wish I had told her to also do some video, but I didn't know she had the capability. Prints from her turned out amazing, too. Every time I look at the photos, I'm transported to that exact moment and the exact feeling I had at that time.

My best advice: book Kelly and make sure you have at least 6 hours with her. If your package has less time, book more time! You'll be thankful for it in the end.

Alexis · Married on 05/18/2012

Wild Whim did MORE than I had even hoped for with our wedding photography. Kelly is an extremely talented photographer with her own beautiful and one of kind shooting style. I was so happy they captured all the unique hard work I put into my wedding, and ALL of my guests! They did a great job, and were a total pleasure to work with on my most special day! I hope to book her again for 8th month pregnant pictures and once the baby is born because I love her photography style and her fun, calm and reassuring presence in the moment!

Ashley · Married on 03/30/2012

We honestly couldn't have asked for a more talented or fun lady to spend our special day with! She's amazing and we absolutely love her work.