Westshore Yacht Club- The Bay Club Reviews

Westshore Yacht Club- The Bay Club 5
Westshore Yacht Club- The Bay Club 6
Westshore Yacht Club- The Bay Club 7

Clarissa · Married on 01/19/2019

Prettiest view and best venue for a ceremony and venue!

I would recommend this venue to anyone. Not only does the venue and view speak for itself, the day of coordinator, Any, is the best there is! Having our wedding here was a dream and it was everything my husband and I wanted and more. Best place in Tampa, hands down.

Sent on 02/19/2019
    Westshore Yacht Club- The Bay Club 8
    Westshore Yacht Club- The Bay Club 9
    Westshore Yacht Club- The Bay Club 10
    Westshore Yacht Club- The Bay Club 11

Westshore Yacht Club- The Bay Club's reply:

Awe, thank you so much Clarissa. It was truly an honor being a part of your BIG day. Such a beautiful for a beautiful couple and one i truly will never forget! We hope that you will come back on your wedding anniversary and have dinner.

ALEANA · Married on 03/03/2018

Location, sunset and a fantastic staff! We couldn’t have done it without them all. If your looking for a venue that is not only one of the most lovely and a staff does anything they can to make your event special and memorable look no further than Westshore Yacht Club. Thank you for everything Amy & Julie we can’t wait to see you at our next event.

Sent on 03/17/2018
    Westshore Yacht Club- The Bay Club 12
    Westshore Yacht Club- The Bay Club 13
    Westshore Yacht Club- The Bay Club 14

Hi Aleana,
    Thank you so much for your review. It truly means a lot. We were truly blessed to be a part of your event. We look forward to working with you again in the near future. You and your mom are a wonderful people and a pleasure to be around and work with.

Diana · Married on 11/06/2016

This venue is amazing. Amy the coordinator is so helpful and professional. I am looking forward to our big day!

Sent on 09/26/2016

Diana · Married on 11/06/2016

Sent on 09/27/2016

Rachel · Married on 10/15/2016

This is a gorgeous venue for your wedding day! Amy Winkleman is the event coordinator, she is very professional and responsive. They have several affordable options to make your day how you want it to be executed. Amy provided several vendors that we used, which helped with the planning process. I would highly recommended using this venue moving forward.

Sent on 10/24/2016

Kristen · Married on 05/23/2015

I had the wonderful pleasure or working with Amy Winkleman for my wedding on May 23, 2015. She was amazing and went above and beyond for me in every way possible! Throughout the entire process, anytime I had a question or concern, she would always be available to answer whatever I needed. There was always a warm welcome to come by the venue any time I needed. As the wedding got closer, I went to the venue to plan the final details on where everything was going to be set up and go through the timeline of events. Amy was involved in every step of the way so she could know exactly how to plan for my BIG day! She even threw in glass mirrors and votive candle holders to enhance my centerpiece arrangements. Also, Amy deducted the price for the grooms room since that was the same room where the buffet was being set up and the guys couldn't utilize the room for as long. Every little bit of money saved helped so much! My Plan A was to have my ceremony outside by the water. Plan B was located on the front (still very beautiful). On the wedding day, the weather started looking ominous as my ceremony grew closer. Amy was calm and asked me what I wanted to do. After initially making my decision to have it outside still, Amy tried her best to fulfill my wished. The weather was not allowing it and she ran to tell me we had to go with Plan B. She worked so hard to move all chairs and decor to the front before my ceremony. Everything turned out PERFECT in the end!! Amy worked so hard all day from 9am-2am making sure my centerpieces were set up, linens were on tables, wishing tree was decorated, ceremony was set up, and that all events moved smoothly throughout the night! She was my angel and I cannot thank her enough for bringing my vision to reality!! Amy will not disappoint!

Also, the venue is absolutely gorgeous in itself!!! The payaya was amazing and all my guests loved it! I couldn't be happier!!

Sent on 06/08/2015

Lindsey · Married on 05/09/2015

The Westshore Yacht Club was the location of my dream wedding! The first time we visited it, I knew it was the place. From the beautiful tree lined entrance, to the Mediterranean style clubhouse, to the incredible waterside view, everything is gorgeous! We originally worked with Lorena, and then Amy, and the transition was seamless. Amy responded very quickly to all my emails, always happy to answer the many questions I had! She was very accommodating to make sure the day was just how we wanted it. The food was absolutely delicious, not typical wedding food at all. I had several people tell me it was one of the best steaks they've ever had! The chef was very nice and accommodating as well. I think the prices were very reasonable too. Amy was wonderful to work with, and the day went absolutely perfect. I couldn't say enough good things about the WYC!

Sent on 08/24/2015

Westshore Yacht Club- The Bay Club's reply:

Thank you so much Lindsey! It was such a pleasure working with you. I was completely honored to be a part of your beautiful wedding! I hope you will come visit and have dinner here on your anniversary.

Everything was great! From pre planning to execution to staff.

Sent on 02/10/2015

Westshore Yacht Club- The Bay Club's reply:

Thank you for your response. It was definitely a pleasure and the set up was beautiful.

Gail · Married on 02/07/2015

Amy was an excellent coordinator in every way! Everyone enjoyed the wedding and the facility and I would highly recommend both Amy and The Club! Thank you!

Sent on 02/25/2015

Westshore Yacht Club- The Bay Club's reply:

Awe. Thank you Gail it was such a pleasure working with you as well. I hope all the best for Kristen & Byron. I am glad that everyone enjoyed the memorable event.

Trina · Married on 10/24/2014

We recently hosted the Rehearsal Dinner for our son's wedding at the Bay Club. What a beautiful venue. The staff, including Lorena Arias and Amy Winkleman, were extremely helpful in the planning, organizing and set-up of the event. In addition the wait staff were extremely friendly, attentive and were a huge part in making this a beautiful, memorable event. We can't wait to see the pictures!
    Trina Winter

Sent on 10/30/2014

Westshore Yacht Club- The Bay Club's reply:

It was a pleasure working with you Trina. I loved the décor pieces that you had for the tables. It was a wonderful event with a great nautical feel and the sunset was perfect.
  • Kourtney

Kourtney · Married on 03/16/2013

Sami Bowman (the venue's event coordinator) was a huge blessing! I can't possibly say enough good things about this woman. She was helpful, understanding, kind, flexible, and a joy to work with. She really went above and beyond throughout my entire wedding planning process. Any questions or concerns I had, Sami had an answer for. If it weren't for Sami and the rest of the amazing staff (including the chef) at the Westshore Yacht Club, my wedding wouldn't have been as wonderful as it was. And by the way, the food at this venue is FANTASTIC! Definitely not your ordinary wedding food. And the location and view at the venue can't be beat!

Sent on 03/25/2013

Kellie and Jason · Married on 01/17/2015

We recently held the rehearsal dinner for my son's wedding at the Bay Club. Our guest list ran 85-90 people, almost all of whom were from out of town. We had a vision that we could hold the event on the pool deck. Unfortunately, the weather that week was chilly, and we were uncertain whether it would warm up in time for the evening event. I am so grateful to Amy Winkleman and the other managers that they were flexible with us throughout the planning. At the last minute, we decided to move the event indoors. The dining room was every bit as lovely as the pool deck would have been. Chef Nick worked with us to create a traditional Cuban menu to give the evening a 'Tampa feel'. Amy was easy to work with and followed through to make sure everything went off the way we wanted, from centerpieces to video setup. We had made a couple of slide shows that we wanted to present, and Sami was there to make sure the equipment worked properly. The wait staff was attentive and gracious. And the evening went off without a hitch! We got comments from our guests that it was the best rehearsal dinner they had ever been to. I would definitely recommend the Bay Club for any catered event. I would only suggest that they work on improving the wine list. While reasonably priced, the options for better wine were limited.

Sent on 01/28/2015

Westshore Yacht Club- The Bay Club's reply:

It was such a pleasure working with both of you. Kellie & Jason were amazing. The presentation of the pictures of the couple was a perfect touch it made me feel closer to the family and it was such an honor to be part of such a memorable event.

emily · Married on 01/13/2018

Amazing venue with even more amazing staff!

Sent on 02/01/2018

Westshore Yacht Club- The Bay Club's reply:

Emily, Thank you so much for your kind words is was truly an honor being a part of your very memorable day.

Summer · Married on 03/12/2016

This venue was perfect for our March, glam/casual wedding! The weather held up and both reception and ceremony were held outdoors on the pool deck underneath the amazing lights and palm trees! Amy Winkleman orchestrates the ENTIRE day and was a huge help. She responds to emails VERY quickly, returns phone calls in the same manner, and clearly knows what she is doing. I highly recommend this venue and Amy!

Sent on 03/22/2016
  • W

Wendy · Married on 10/26/2013

The Club was very accommodating as far as décor, lights, food.
    Food was excellent but ran out of passed during cocktail hour.
    That was the only glitch.
    They worked with me and my planner and the ambience was absolutely beautiful.
    Thank you, again, to Sami. Easy to work with, always professional and pleasant and very hard working.

Sent on 11/05/2013

Courtney · Married on 03/11/2017

Our experience with the Westshore Yacht Club was great! We held both our ceremony and reception on their back pool deck and could not have asked for a better setting. Amy and everyone with the yacht club were always professional, helpful, and welcoming (we asked to come by several different times when various family members were in town and then visited several times in the months just prior to the wedding with our planner). You are obligated to use their in house beverages and food and they do tack on a rather high service fee to what looks like very reasonable pricing for these options. That being said, the food was excellent and they were very flexible to work with on our menu choices and their bar choices are pretty extensive as well. All of our guests raved about the beautiful setting and we were so happy we selected this is our wedding venue.

Sent on 04/05/2017

Michelle · Married on 10/04/2014

3.0

We had our wedding here a couple of weekends ago and it was absolutely incredible! Everything I dreamed of. The location is stunning! We had our ceremony outside on their patio and the reception inside their ballroom. For the meal options we chose Prime Rib, Salmon, and Champagne Chicken, all with garlic mashed potatoes and grilled vegetable medley. Everyone raved about the food too! And the portion size was just right! The bar made great drinks. The staff was super friendly and on their game. I have nothing bad to say about the venue except for one small detail. Their day of coordinator, Amy, is very friendly and professional but my only criticism would be her response time wasn't the best and many conversations I had with her, its like she would forget or mix up my details with someone else's wedding. Other than that, the day of the wedding ran so smoothly thanks to Amy! I would recommend this venue time and time again! Thank you Bay Club and its staff for making our wedding unforgettable!

Sent on 02/14/2018
    Westshore Yacht Club- The Bay Club 15
    Westshore Yacht Club- The Bay Club 16

Hi Michelle,

Thank you so much for your feedback. It was truly an honor of being a part of your very memorable day. We hope to have the opportunity of having you and your husband here on your anniversary.

Kind Regards,
    Amy Winkleman

Michele · Married on 03/11/2017

2.8
      3.0
      1.0

We had our rehearsal dinner here.. The service of the bar and waiter staff were fantastic. The actual venue is absolutely gorgeous and all of our guests were in awe of how beautiful it was!! The food was AMAZING, I'd give 10 stars for it if we could!!
    The reason I am not giving 5 stars is because Amy was a disaster to work with and I am very upset about how she handled things the day before and the day of. I recommend this place to anyone because its beautiful and the food is fantastic but I have to warn you that it will not be easy planning it if you are working with Amy.

Sent on 04/18/2017

2.4
      3.5
      1.5
      2.5

During my wedding the dance floor came apart into pieces. My coordinator had already left for the night without a word and the servers had no idea how to fix it. I have been asking for a refund on the dance floor for four months. The WSYC says "we are not responsible for anything other than our own property, or actions. We just offered a service of ordering the dance floor not of the actual dance floor or putting it together." They did get it from a third party, but I would expect them to be responsible for the items they provide, regardless of how they got them. I paid them for it and expect them to compensate me for it. Their lack of experience as a wedding location is not worth the hassle of doing business with.

Sent on 08/21/2012