West Bay Beach, a Delamar Resort Reviews

West Bay Beach, a Delamar Resort 6
West Bay Beach, a Delamar Resort 7
  • Carol

Carol Roehrich · Married on 08/10/2019

Perfect place for wedding and reception!

My daughter got married outside at West Bay Beach and the reception was in the Leelanau Room. We also had 3 other rooms: one for the bridal party to get ready, one for cocktails and appetizers, and one for the buffet and other displays.
    We couldn't have asked for a better team to get us through the Friday rehearsal and the full day of activities on Saturday. The food was excellent, the staff was friendly and attentive, and everyone "felt the love" from the employees. I HIGHLY recommend! VERY satisfied!

Sent on 08/16/2019

Dana O. · Married on 05/18/2019

Excellent experience.

Liz and the staff were wonderful to work with. The space was perfect. Our event (Couples Wedding Shower) couldn’t have gone better. Excellent experience!

Sent on 05/27/2019

Chantal · Married on 08/18/2018

Liz at West Bay Beach, a Holiday Inn Resort was the most amazing person to work with! She responded to mine and my families emails almost immediately and was so easy to work with! She was on site for the day of the the wedding, set up my place cards, lit the candles on our reception table, brought snacks for the very hangry wedding party, and even fixed my dress for me before walking down the aisle!

The staff at West Bay was also wonderful! They were so accommodating and helpful Any question I, or someone at the wedding, had someone either knew the answer or found out the answer so quickly! It was truly amazing! The banquet staff even wrote us a note at the end of the night telling us how much fun they had with us! I think someone even got my 87 year old grandma to get out on the dance floor! HAHA. The staff was so amazing.

I would recommend West Bay Beach for anyone having a wedding or a stay in Traverse City! The staff and venue was amazing. Best choice ever!

Sent on 08/22/2018

Nancy · Married on 06/22/2018

Liz was great to work with and we will use her again for any upcoming events we host. Nancy & Frank Griffiths

Sent on 07/03/2018

Margot · Married on 09/23/2017

Liz Coulroy made everything so amazing and simple. Excellent service and amazing communication to make our day so special. Everyone loved the food and said it was the best wedding they've ever been to!

Sent on 10/18/2017

Pierre · Married on 09/23/2017

Everyone was so happy with the West Bay Beach facility and the service received. Not only were we thrilled with the wedding accommodation, but the resort made the entire weekend a joy to for everyone attending the wedding. Even those not choosing to stay at the Holiday Inn were treated as guest. Liz was an amazing help with all aspects of the weeding. She made sure everything ran smoothly. I am so thankful for the time she gave me (via phone calls) before the wedding. She was always available to answer all my question and often more than willing to help us fine the unique options that made the day perfect for the Bride and Groom. And the food was excellent! THANK YOU - EVERYONE!

Sent on 10/18/2017

Kelsi · Married on 09/02/2017

Liz was great to work with! Made planning very easy and was prompt with responding to emails. Very flexible with last minute changes too! Perfect day!

Sent on 10/28/2017

Barb · Married on 08/25/2017

I was the mother of the bride and this was a pre wedding meet & greet. Outstanding group of people to work with.

Sent on 09/13/2017

Sara · Married on 08/19/2017

From start to finish the Holiday Inn team did not disappoint.
    All staff was friendly and remembered our guests by name.
    The rooms were very nice and all had view of the bay.
    The overall resort experience is one to remember.

Sent on 08/28/2017

Stephen · Married on 08/19/2017

We held our son's wedding rehearsal dinner in the Torch room and booked several hotel rooms for the event of August 19th. I couldn't be more pleased with how everything turned out. The room was set up perfectly, the buffet that we chose was excellent. The food was very good and presented well. The bar that was set up in the room worked out perfect. The bartender, I think her name was Diane, was delightful and so efficient and accommodating. She was a true professional as was everyone involved with the event. The service was very friendly and attentive. Sales Manager Liz Caluory was very professional and easy to work with. She assisted with decisions readily and was available whenever I called her or emailed. I would feel very comfortable working with her on any event in the future. I stay at this hotel often on business and as usual the hotel rooms were impeccably clean and of course the view was great. Overall, the way in which our event was hosted and handled exceeded my expectations and we are extremely satisfied.

Sent on 08/31/2017

martha · Married on 08/19/2017

It was an amazing experience all around! Great venue, great food, great people!!

Sent on 09/03/2017

Emily · Married on 01/21/2017

This venue was just wonderful! We visited 3 other venues and this resort was not only the best value, but Liz Caluory, the wedding event coordinator was absolutely amazing. She was helpful, sweet and made things happen. A please to work with this hotel on the most stressful of days. The food and bartenders were outstanding! Great venue, and I highly recommend it!

Sent on 07/25/2017

sherrie · Married on 09/01/2018

Liz Caloury was a valuable resource during our son's wedding planning. She helped us secure a block of rooms, make suggestions for meet and greet and brunch accommodations and responded to my calls/ emails promptly. I never had to follow up on either of the event setups, they were handled without any hovering so I was able to enjoy myself. thank you for helping us pull off our wedding events without a hitch!

Sent on 09/19/2018

Barbara Gaydos · Married on 07/20/2019

Amazing!

We could have not asked for a better experience than we had at West Bay Beach, from the hotel facilities, the staff and our sales manager, Liz. Everyone the whole time we were there bent over backwards for us and our guests. We were treated as royalty through the whole process. We highly recommend this venue and its staff for anyone's upcoming events.

Sent on 08/08/2019
  • Alexis

Alexis Paquette · Married on 06/15/2019

West Bay Beach Resort

My husband and I are so glad that we picked West Bay Beach Resort as the venue for our wedding ceremony and reception! The staff did a great job throughout the planning process and the day of the wedding. Liz did an amazing job of listening to what we wanted and coordinating everything. The banquet hall was just updated and looks really nice. The reception food was amazing. I had multiple guests tell me it was the best wedding food they ever had! Overall, we had a great experience with West Bay Beach Resort.

Sent on 07/17/2019

Jan · Married on 08/11/2018

The entire weekend was perfect! Wonderful facility, staff, service, food and fantastic lake view!

Sent on 08/15/2018
    West Bay Beach, a Delamar Resort 15
    West Bay Beach, a Delamar Resort 16
    West Bay Beach, a Delamar Resort 17
    West Bay Beach, a Delamar Resort 18

Nicole · Married on 08/11/2017

West Bay Beach, Holiday Inn Resort is an amazing place for weddings. Not only are the views beautiful, but the staff is fantastic!! Very knowledgeable, fast response and answers all questions and concerns you may have!!

Sent on 08/16/2017

Andrea · Married on 08/18/2018

3.0

The billing for our event plus specific requests we set aside were not met after Confirmation and booking. Plus our guests dealt with difficulties in billing as well. The service & professionalism from Liz was great throughout planning and the event. We were disappointed in the state of the hotel rooms and property from the time we signed our event contract which we addressed with staff. We were told room updates would be started by the time of our event occurred and were disappointed the process of remodel/updates had not even begun at the time of our event almost 11 months later.

Sent on 09/30/2018

Anna · Married on 10/22/2017

Really nice hotel, amazing location for wedding. The staff is accommodating to us and our guest.

Sent on 11/04/2017

Robert · Married on 07/27/2018

The staff was great and got us anything that we needed. The space was such a nice location for the smaller wedding that we had.

Sent on 08/14/2018

Stefanie · Married on 07/12/2019

4.2
      3.0

The staff who worked at our reception were awesome and so helpful. This was perfect for our small wedding. The Torch Lake room was great for our small size! Great surrounding areas for pictures too!!! Food was great!!!

Sent on 07/31/2018

Daniel · Married on 08/19/2017

4.2
      3.5
      3.5

Overall our wedding was great! The banquet staff is excellent, and we couldn't be happier with their service. We had no issues with the venue or the staff at the venue, we did however have a couple of small issues with the hotel. First off out of our guests who were staying at the hotel, we were the very last to get a room. Check in was at 4pm and we did not get a room until almost 5. Then at check out, we asked the person at the front desk for an itemized receipt for the bar (wedding reception) and instead of doing this, he simply charged my card and handed me my receipt. That was pretty upsetting considering the bill was a few thousand dollars, and he did exactly the opposite of what I asked. But all in all it was a great event and I recommend this venue for anyone looking!

Sent on 09/03/2017