Wes Craft Photography - Wes Craft Weddings Reviews

69 | Naperville, IL

69 Reviews for Wes Craft Photography - Wes Craft Weddings

Melanie Nguyen · Married on 09/20/2020

Amazing work

Wes is a fantastic photographer and my guests all loved him. The pictures are so beautiful and amazing!

Sent on 10/17/2020
  • Nikki

Nikki · Married on 06/20/2020

You will NOT find a better photographer!

I cannot say enough good things about Wes Craft! Wes and his wife Necia make the perfect team. During our initial conversations, Wes spent a lot of time with us on the phone and in person to understand our exact vision and expectations. He totally understood what we were looking for, and was able to provide helpful information regarding possible locations and ideas that might work best for us. During our engagement shoot, Wes spent extra time with us to get amazing shots of the city skyline in the water. As the COVID-19 pandemic hit, Wes was one of the first vendors to reach out to us with information regarding their policies and how they would be able to accommodate us. Our large reception for our wedding was postponed, but Wes was able to come to our small ceremony and captured the most beautiful pictures in quick turnaround. The quality of pictures you will get and the experience you will have cannot be matched.

Sent on 06/30/2020

Wes Craft Photography - Wes Craft Weddings's reply:

That’s right! Look no further! Thank you Nikki. We’re looking forward to next year’s celebration with you guys with even more guests to enjoy the day with you.

Christina Wiers · Married on 05/09/2020

Absolutely Amazing!

Wes and Necia were absolutely amazing! During our initial talk Wes took time getting to know us and was always very responsive to emails. Even though we're not used to having our pictures taken, he made my husband and I comfortable. You can see his mind working, always looking for interesting and unique shots. He was funny and kept our family and wedding party at ease. He shot our engagement photos as well and they turned out so beautiful! We cannot recommend him highly enough.

Sent on 09/25/2020
  • Karen

Karen · Married on 02/22/2020

Awesome photographers

Wes and Necia did a great job with our wedding and engagement photos. We've received many compliments on them. Wes was great to work with from beginning to end. He met with us prior to booking and answered all of our questions. I felt confident in his abilities in that meeting. Scheduling our engagement photos was a breeze, and he helped a lot in setting our day-of timeline.
    I am so happy to have these photos as memories from our wedding day. I highly recommend Wes Craft Photography

Sent on 05/03/2020

Wes Craft Photography - Wes Craft Weddings's reply:

Thank you for sharing your experience Karen! We even captured photos of you falling down stairs. I mean, talk about well rounded coverage of every unexpected event! LOL. I hope your ankle’s doing OK now. Much love to you and Bryan.

Bethany and Joe · Married on 01/11/2020

Timeless Works of Art

If we could give Wes more than five stars, we would. We wanted timeless photos that we would be proud to hang in our home for years to come, not photos that would look dated within five years because they were so trendy. Wes more than delivered in that department. The photos he and his wife Necia took are true works of art. We got married during a nasty winter storm, with high winds and sleet nearly all day, but you'd never know it from the pictures. Our indoor pictures are stunning, and the few outdoor pictures we were brave enough to take look magical. Wes was totally in his element all day - it's very clear that he loves what he does. He captured everything we hoped for from our day, and we absolutely, 100% highly recommend going with him for your wedding.

Sent on 05/25/2020

Wes Craft Photography - Wes Craft Weddings's reply:

Gosh we love working with a couple who don’t let the weather defeat them! You guys stayed upbeat and had a great time regardless and that made the job of capturing awesome photos so much easier and more rewarding.

Sarah L · Married on 10/04/2019

Amazing!

Wes and Necia were incredible!!!! They photographed our engagement session and wedding! Wes made our engagement shoot so fun, easy, and comfortable!! Our pictures turned out beautiful. He captured us so well and also had amazing, creative shots! A family friend had photos taken in the same location by another photographer and on comparison, our photos were significantly better quality and captured great candid shots! Our wedding day they were such an amazing team. Our wedding party and guests loved them. It was pretty chilly and they kept the wedding party laughing and smiling throughout outside pictures! Our guests commented how they were so amazing running around and getting pictures of everything. Amazingly, I didn’t even notice that because they did it in such a seemless and professional way! They also managed to wrangle my gigantic family for pictures and recall so many peoples names - wow! I had many people request their information after our wedding to have them photograph their own events. Definitely definitely recommend!!!!

Sent on 10/25/2019

Wes Craft Photography - Wes Craft Weddings's reply:

This means so much to hear! Thanks for taking the time to recommend us to other Weddingwire seekers. We always want to create images in a space that take advantage of the space's best features while also trying new things that we haven't seen other photographers do in a space. I'm glad you keyed in on that.

Molly Fitzpatrick · Married on 09/27/2019

The best team to work with period.

We had the pleasure of working with Wes and Necia for our wedding. They were INCREDIBLE to work with! It was thunderstorming during our wedding and their humor and professionalism made me forget about the bad weather and just enjoy the day. I had positive comments throughout the night from guests about this husband and wife team, such as “they were literally everywhere!” I hope to get the chance to work with these two again because they were amazing! If you’re in need of a photographer, I HIGHLY recommend Wes Craft Photography!!

Sent on 10/30/2019

Wes Craft Photography - Wes Craft Weddings's reply:

Thank you so much Molly! In light of weather funkiness, keeping your head high will ensure the best photos under the circumstances. You might be surprised at how interesting rainy days can look in photos too! I'm so glad we could help be a stabilizing force in the maelstrom. :)
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 09/06/2019

Cinematic Magic

Wes and his wife Necia do a fabulous job capturing your special day. My husband and I are not very big on PDA so we were a little worried about our engagement shoot and wedding day because we don't really like attention. Wes did a fantastic job making is feel more comfortable and really doing all he could to make our experience perfect. Wes was super fun to work with, the perfect amount of sarcasm to go along with our very sarcastic personalities, and really made our day special.

Wes got AMAZING photos of our first dance. We a did a choreographed first dance as a surprise to our guests and the photos we got back from it are absolutely breathtaking. He and his wife really go above and beyond to get you exactly what you are looking for!

Sent on 11/19/2019

Conny · Married on 06/22/2019

A True Artist

Where do I begin...

Wes Craft and his wife Necia are the most underrated photography duo ever. Their hard work and attention to detail are truly remarkable. We have gotten so many compliments from all our friends and family about both our engagement and wedding photos from Wes. They were able to capture so many emotions from our beautiful wedding day. Even his slideshow brought my maid-of-honor and I to tears.

Working with Wes from the very beginning has been a dream and he is by far our most favorite vendor. During our initial meeting, Wes took extensive time to explain his photography style and show us examples. The icing on the cake was his experience working with cultural weddings. My husband and I were planning on having a traditional Chinese tea ceremony and wanted to have it captured on photos. It was so refreshing for Wes to already be familiar with the ceremony and even examples of past tea ceremonies he captured! My husband and I were floored by how the photos turned out and all the neat little moments he captured of our loved ones in the background of the ceremony.

Our wedding day could not have gone better. His experience helped us plan a nice wedding day timeline that eased the nerves of an anxious bride. He is so detail-oriented and fantastic with communication - which I value so much in a wedding vendor. Wes and Necia were so patient and went the extra mile to capture all the best shots. All of the photos turned out amazing and was a true artwork of our love story. We are beyond excited to work with Wes again to put together our album.

Wes and Necia was the best wedding investment by far and we would recommend them in a heartbeat to anyone looking for a talented photographer!

Sent on 08/26/2019

Wes Craft Photography - Wes Craft Weddings's reply:

Underrated! I like that. We've been a little quiet on the marketing front for the last 4-5 years as our family has grown and since then a thousand new photographers have jumped on Weddingwire. In a sense we have to reintroduce ourselves and what we do differently. Thanks for helping us do that by sharing your story!

Mary Adams · Married on 10/06/2018

15/10 would recommend Wes!!!

Wes has photographed my sister's wedding, my family reunion, and my own wedding - we've dubbed him our unofficial "official" family photographer because he is quite seriously THE BEST. From a professional standpoint, he is responsive, helpful, engaged, personal, and INCREDIBLY TALENTED. He will adjust his photography style if you have specific requests, but overall he has a vision and will help you look fire in your photos. His style of photographing makes you feel comfortable and as a result, your photos turn out beautifully. I can't recommend Wes enough - he has never failed to deliver stunning photos with a personal touch. For any photography need, Wes will always be my number 1 choice. Thank you for immortalizing our wedding day with your amazing talents, Wes!

Sent on 12/07/2018

Erin Schirdewahn · Married on 09/30/2018

Incredible eye for beauty

We are constantly told we have the best wedding pictures. Every single shot was beautiful. Craft photography captures the story. Because of this, we hired Wes to photograph our daughters first birthday and a family session. Again, the pictures were stunning. Trying to find a handful to print was impossible. We wanted to print them all. This photography team works hard for the money and it shows. Plus they are wonderful people who keep details in mind and are very conscious of hair, clothes, "chin up", stances, background and balance. Any time we have an event or want family shots taken, we will be going with Wes Craft Photography. Hands down.

Sent on 11/01/2019

John A · Married on 09/08/2018

Amazing work and a joy to work with!

Wes and Necia did an INCREDIBLE job shooting our wedding at the Art Institute of Chicago. They were both so patient with all of our questions and needs and were also so helpful with their recommendations. The photos and album they made for us after the wedding are absolutely perfect. The quality is incredible and the photos are amazing. I would HIGHLY recommend hiring Wes and Necia for any of your photographer needs!

Sent on 03/05/2019

Richard · Married on 07/20/2018

Wes was wonderful to work with for our daughter’s wedding. He was very professional and made everyone feel relaxed and comfortable. The pictures are wonderful and a great combination of posed, natural and artistic shots. We were very impressed and highly recommend Wes for your photography needs. You will not be disappointed...........R.Lamberti

Sent on 08/31/2018

Wes Craft Photography - Wes Craft Weddings's reply:

Richard, thank you for helping facilitate your daughter's wedding. I know she'll proudly and fondly remember that day for the rest of her life. We can't wait to make her album soon!
  • Makeupbynineveh

Makeupbynineveh · Married on 07/14/2018

Best Photographers!

We are so happy to have discovered Wes Craft Photography. What made them stand out the most to us was their artistry and the way their pictures told a story. As soon as we looked through their photo gallery, we knew we wanted to hire them for our wedding. The only hesitation we had was whether they would be able to capture our ethnic wedding with the same creativity and style as they did with American weddings.

During our first meeting, Wes took the time to get to know us, both as a couple and individually. He went over their services, packages, and showed us more of their work. While we discussed our vision for our wedding, he listened and took notes. This was very important for us because we were having an Assyrian wedding with many traditions and continuous line dances. We explained to him how a typical Assyrian wedding day would look like and all of the traditions that would occur. Wes was very understanding and assured us that he would pay close attention to all the details. After meeting with Wes, we felt comfortable to hire them.

Our experience with Wes and Necia Craft was more than we ever hoped for. They are professional, creative, detail-oriented, communicative, respectful, and most importantly collaborative. Wes and Necia worked with us as we planned our wedding schedule and photo locations, on the wedding day as they directed our bridal party and family photos, and after our wedding as they helped us design and edit our album. Wes and Necia always communicated with us in a timely manner; addressing any of our questions or concerns. They also delivered our photos as promised.

Furthermore, what makes Wes and Necia amazing photographers is that they truly care about their clients. They treated us like family and learned our family member’s names ahead of time. On the wedding day, they referred to our immediate family by first name. We all have ethnic Assyrian names and Wes and Necia nailed our pronunciations! Not only did we, the immediate family, love having Wes and Necia as a part of our wedding, but so did our guests! During and after our wedding, our guests expressed how professional, humorous, and friendly Wes and Necia were.

Lastly, our photographs, from our engagement session to our wedding day, came out beautiful. Wes and Necia captured so many intimate and candid moments that we will cherish forever. The quality and creativity behind each photo is what makes us smile and relive our wedding day and why we chose Wes Craft Photography. Our family and friends always tell us how our photos look like they came from a magazine - all thanks to Wes and Necia!

We highly recommend Wes Craft Photography!

Sincerely,
    Aphrem + Nineveh

Sent on 08/21/2019

Wes Craft Photography - Wes Craft Weddings's reply:

It was so thoughtful of you to leave this extensive review. I'm touched you noted our care for your personal cultural celebrations. Necia & I spent more than half of our childhoods living outside of the U.S. and have been shooting weddings in the diverse communities of Chicagoland for over 12 years now. One of the things we pride ourselves in and enjoy most is experiencing the diverse expressions of weddings across cultures. For every unique thing in one culture's wedding traditions there are cross-cultural threads and universal truths in love and family that we get to explore. Thank you for sharing your rich Assyrian Orthodox heritage with us.

Kelly · Married on 05/19/2018

Wes and his wife were absolutely PHENOMENAL! They captured every single moment of our night and really was able to show how much people enjoyed the night and how happy everyone was.

Also, he was so creative in photos he took. It rained on our wedding day, but that didn’t stop us getting amazing photos. He was able to use the indoor space and get creative with the surroundings.

I honestly cannot write enough good things about them. My husband and I could not have asked for a better photographer to capture our day. The photos were spectacular. We can’t stop looking at them. Best photographer around !

Sent on 08/29/2018

Wes Craft Photography - Wes Craft Weddings's reply:

This was such a sweet review! Thank you Kelly. Let's get you in here for your album design consultation already! :) We want to make you a beautiful book.

Lisa · Married on 10/07/2017

I feel like we hit the jackpot hiring Wes Craft for our wedding. We found him through a family referral & knew his work was incredible. Wes is so responsive to emails and is incredibly detailed, a quality I appreciated immensely being a busy bride planning an entire wedding. He made us feel so comfortable from our engagement shoot to the day of. I didn't need to worry, knowing that he would capture everything that was important to us. His wife, Necia, is also incredible and having the husband-wife duo is such a great asset. The quality of his work is unmatched. We can't wait to see all the final shots from our big day. We would definitely recommend Wes Craft Photography!! :-)

Sent on 10/15/2017

Andrew · Married on 02/24/2017

What can be said about Wes and Necia that hasn't already been proclaimed? They were both consummate professionals and made our memories all the more special with their expertise. From our initial consultation with Wes, we were at ease with his attitude and professional vision. My wife comes from a family of photographers and he came highly recommended by the photography community, upon the first visit it was very clear why. Wes is a very kind soul and spent a large amount of time getting to know us and our personalities even before we discussed a single photo. We knew within in the first thirty minutes he was our photographer. Wes did a fantastic job of keeping in touch with us leading up to our wedding day and invited us out for a scouting shoot in the area around our venue. Both my wife and I are very goofy and rambunctious and Wes came into the situation like an old friend. The scouting trip was very playful and yet filled with his knowledge of what could and could not be accomplished on the big day. We left that meeting even more convinced that we had made the right choice in our photographer. As other reviews have stated Wes was a driving force for our timeline and did an amazing job keeping us on schedule. On the big day both Wes and Necia were fantastic with the controlled chaos revolving around us and during our preparation photos were very calming. Due to time restrictions and the pace our of ceremony and reception my wife and I chose to do a first look and Wes and Necia were phenomenal in making us comfortable and keeping us on track during the photos before the ceremony. Every single person in our wedding party loved Wes and had a fantastic time during the shoots. We knew that the pictures being taken were going to be good but when we finally saw them all every expectation we had was blown out of the water. I have not encountered a single guest from the wedding who did not tear up while browsing our photos. Wes and Necia are absolutely amazing!!!

Sent on 04/23/2017

Catherine · Married on 02/18/2017

Once a wedding is over, all that's left are memories, so it was important to us that our memories be captured with attention to detail.

After meeting with one other photographer, and talking to a few via email, Wes called me. After an hour phone interview (to get to know my vision and a bit about his craft), and after one visit to his Naperville studio, I knew Wes would capture our day. There were no questions left unanswered and his work speaks for itself.

In the weeks leading to our event Wes sent me a worksheet to complete to touch base again on what was important to us. On the Monday before our wedding we talked for over an hour to discuss the timeline of the day. At that time, Wes kept us grounded and focused, and that ultimately made for a perfect flow on our wedding day. It was very important that we be present during our wedding, and not off taking pictures. A punctual timeline allowed us that.

By now you've seen Wes and Necia's work online, but I'd also like you to know just how professional and kind they are. Both arrived early to set up on the day of our wedding. Wes greeted my entire family by name upon meeting them. He's a class act. Wes examined every picture and element before moving to the next. I've been in many weddings and never experienced that. He also gives helpful words and thoughts to put you at ease. Through out the day I witnessed Wes and Necia capturing moments I'll cherish forever. They were such discrete ninjas too, which was especially appreciated during church and intimate moments. To wrap it up, I wish this husband and wife team continued success and will recommend them for years to come.

Sent on 02/27/2017

Wes was absolutely amazing to work with, he was highly responsive and flexible with our schedules. I wanted to have my engagement pictures done with snow in the background, so we were very much at the mercy of the weather. He made us feel super comfortable and at ease the entire time! I could not have asked for a better photographer! The whole process has probably been the least stressful thing about planning a wedding! I would highly recommend Wes Craft Photography!

Sent on 02/13/2016

Jason · Married on 05/30/2015

Wes and Necia were amazing. They both are very friendly and professional. While traveling between venues and during the time between photos they felt like another guest/friend; while directing shots they were undeniably professional photographers who made everyone feel comfortable and accommodated requests for certain shots; and at other times they were completely unobtrusive while capturing candids. Our expectations were majorly exceeded when they quickly diffused a couple day-of obstacles and went far beyond their duty to help make our wedding the best day of our lives. The only factor that should stop you from working with Wes and Necia is if they happen to already be booked on your wedding day.

Sent on 06/11/2015

Shannon · Married on 10/11/2014

Wes and Necia Craft are consummate professionals with a passion for photography and an incredible knack for bringing your wedding day to life through pictures. Wes has an eye for shots that just take your breath away. The quality of their work is second to none. On top of the fact that they do amazing work, they are also lovely people who are so easy to work with. They are very straight forward with their packages. No hidden fees. No last minute charges. Everything is explained up front. What you see is what you get, which is so refreshing with wedding photographers! And on our big day, they made our friends, family and us feel comfortable and relaxed under circumstances that can be stressful and nerve wracking. Wes is always making you laugh when he's taking pictures! Wes and Necia both have the most wonderful demeanor, whether taking photos or communicating with you to finalize details, answer questions, etc. They are responsive, flexible, creative, and their service is incredibly fast compared to horror stories you hear about brides and grooms waiting up to a year to get their wedding album. From initial appointment to engagement photos to our final wedding photos, we always thought Wes and Necia were super speedy! I would recommend Wes Craft Photography to anyone in search of a photographer. Thank you for everything!!!!! You guys are the BEST!!!!!

Sent on 06/23/2015

Wes Craft Photography - Wes Craft Weddings's reply:

Thank you Shannon! You and Steve were really ideal clients - fun, family oriented, committed to each other, having the wedding for the right reasons, willing to invest a little more than average for high quality photography.

Scott · Married on 08/17/2014

Wes and Necia offer many different packages so finding one that meets your budget and needs is easy enough. They are warm and Very professional. The quality of their work is unmatched and the creative uniqueness of their eye captures the essence of the moment. I would recommend them in a heartbeat. They were a pleasure to work with and the results took our breath away and brought tears to our eyes!

Sent on 09/04/2014
  • User4119963 · 2+ years ago

Wes was fantastic. He was very conversational, making us comfortable and posing us well. He got sample pictures up for us to see quickly, and they're gorgeous.

Sent on 08/08/2014

m · Married on 07/19/2014

I will aggressively recommend Wes to all of my friends, sisters, and even aquaintences to use him as their wedding photographer. If you value good photos at your wedding, go with Wes and Necia. Their humor and kindness also help calm anyone shy to the camera and consequently help to create more natural photos.

If you are a diva bride and are stuck on having shots a specific way, you may need to rethink your attitude or get a different photographer. Instead of looking for a brick wall or some other perfect backdrop, he is always looking at angles of light and how the sun is hitting you. He is more creative than me, so giving him control helped to create fabulous photos. That said, he is also very willing to make sure that you get what you want out of your photos sessions and run with your creative ideas.

I asked several friends with photography backgrounds to help me pick my wedding photographer and they all picked Wes. I would go so far as to say he is the best photographer in the Chicago and area for his price range.

Sent on 07/21/2014

Lauren · Married on 07/12/2014

A beautiful couple who do BEAUTIFUL work!!!!!!

Sent on 07/29/2014