Wendy Lawrence Weddings & Events, LLC Reviews

28 | Saratoga Springs, NY

28 Reviews for Wendy Lawrence Weddings & Events, LLC

28 Wendy Lawrence Weddings & Events, LLC Reviews

Peter · Getting married on 08/13/2020

Your handling of this 600 plus party was simply amazing. With all the moving pieces of this event you didn't miss a single thing.
    You took a high maintenance event and made it turn key for me and my staff.
    Thank you and we look forward to a long relationship for all of our events.

Mara · Married on 09/22/2018

Amazing Experience

My husband and I had the best experience working with Wendy. From the first time we spoke on the phone she made me feel comfortable and that our wedding day would be in good hands. 3 months before our wedding our original venue fell through. Wendy made the transition from our original venue to the new venue so easy. The day of our wedding went so smoothly. We were actually able to relax and enjoy our entire day knowing that Wendy had everything taken care of! I can't recommend Wendy enough. If you're looking for a planner who is going to make you feel relaxed and at ease for the entire wedding planning experience do not hesitate to hire Wendy!

• Chris

Chris Matteo · Married on 08/31/2018

Unbelievable Experience

Wendy was a lifesaver leading up to the wedding. Being from out of town, we could not have gotten married without her! Countless people commented on how smooth everything was. Especially the transportation to and from the ceremony. My lovely bride and I wholeheartedly recommend her!

Mallory Sulz · Married on 07/06/2018

Thank you!!!

Wendy was absolutely fabulous as a day of wedding coordinator! My mom and I met with Wendy on several occasions. She helped us create the exact vision we wanted. Her attention to detail and experience really allowed us to adjust and incorporate ideas to make my dream wedding come true.
    On the day of the wedding, Wendy arrived with a big smile, ready to assist and help in any way she could. My bridesmaids, mom, and myself all felt at ease in her company.
    Her efficient timeline was perfect, and really kept us organized through the day. Not once did she ever make us feel flustered or rushed.
    Also, I want to give a shoutout to Wendy’s assistant Jen for her patience with the groomsmen. She made sure my husband and the groomsmen were on time and ready! Thank you Jen!
    Looking back on the day, I don’t think it would have been as seamless as it was without Wendy. My parents, husband and I still talk about how AMAZING Wendy was and how we would recommend a day of wedding coordinator to anyone! My parents have commented that they would not have enjoyed my wedding as much, if it weren’t for Wendy. Hands down, Wendy is the absolute best choice when it comes to a wedding coordinator!!
    Thank you!
    Xo, Mallory

Jacqueline · Married on 10/06/2017

Wendy was phenomenal. She was incredibly helpful and responsive leading up to the wedding and not only gave her professional advice and opinions, but also listened to what you're vision and ideas were. She has the best personality and attitude and throughout the day of the wedding she felt like more of a part of our family and friends than a vendor we hired. Everyone loved her and she took away all of the stress of the day. She made sure everything went off flawlessly and perfectly. We 100% reccomend her and her team.

Gina · Married on 09/16/2017

Wendy was excited to be our month of planner from the minute I contacted her and it showed! She was extremely enthusiastic, responsible, detail oriented, thorough and professional. I am so happy I hired her and had her there for my special day. There were so many vendors along with tiny details to organize. I was terrified I would have to finalize these on the day while also trying to enjoy myself and get ready, but Wendy took charge, took my direction and ran with it. She executed my theme and ideas and everything was perfect. I highly recommend Wendy and her team! She is very personable and present with you in the moment and she doesn't miss a beat. Something that is so great about her is that she is a doer and the minute she sees something that needs to be done or needs attention she is on it and she doesn't really miss those details. If you forgot it, she remembered! My only regret is that I didn't hire her for the full planning process. If I could, I would have and I know she would have made it that much better. If you are looking for a wedding planner or even just a month of planner, Wendy is your woman!

• Sienna

Sienna · Married on 07/15/2017

When I hired Wendy, I sighed a breath of relief. We used her month of coordination services and just at the moment when I felt the stress of wedding planning creeping up on me, she was there to take over, problem solve, and make our day run perfectly smooth. Everything was beautiful, everything flowed, and she was prepared for every worst case scenario. Wendy is the perfect mix of peppy, fun, want-to-be-her-friend awesomeness, but also has that get-stuff-done attitude and we really appreciated having her as part of our day. Thanks Wendy!

Sent on 07/18/2017

Wendy Lawrence Weddings & Events, LLC's reply:

Sienna - thank you so much for the wonderful review! It was an honor to be a part of your wedding day. Everyone one there was so gracious and generous with their time and energy. It was an absolutely beautiful day! Congratulations to you and Charles. Enjoy that honeymoon!!

Gregg · Married on 02/18/2017

Working with Wendy Lawrence Event Planning was an incredible experience. Wendy managed to take all of the stress out of the experience and delivered an event that I could only describe as absolutely perfect. Wendy is exceptionally creative and has a wonderful eye for style and refined chic. She handled every detail and every aspect of the event from selecting the venue, to picking the invitations, selecting the most perfect florals, handling hotel plans and coordinating the staff at the event; she even planned the brunch the next morning. It was such a pleasure to work with a professional who was able to instantly pick up on the vision and the feel for the event I was imagining and was able to deliver on every aspect. More than anything, Wendy was always available, always happy and positive, nothing was every too big and no worry i had was ever too small. Working with Wendy made planning and throwing our event easy! I would tell anyone looking for an event planner, you can't get any better than Wendy Lawrence Events. Style, class and elegance yet fun and surprisingly unique and creative.....5 stars all the way!

Martha · Married on 10/22/2016

Wendy was an absolute DREAM to work with. She was extremely responsive, knowledgeable and a vital part of our wedding planning process. From the first meeting with Wendy, she was able to help us investigate venues, book our venue, and negotiate with the many, many wedding vendors out there. Wendy has great relationships with multiple vendors- she was able to get us price quotes, walk us through the contracts and really advise on what was truly necessary. She was there with us until the day of - which took tons of work (and 13 months of planning!) The weeks leading up to the wedding Wendy was readily available and ready to discuss every detail- I still can't believe how seamless it was to work with her and her team the day of the wedding. Wendy was able to take my dream wedding and turn it into reality. There were no issues day of (that I know of!) and she was able to ensure that the groom and I had the best time. I recommend Wendy to anyone planning a wedding- it really does take a ton of pressure off in terms of putting everything together. Nothing but the highest reviews for Wendy- thank you a million times for helping us put together our dream wedding!

Sent on 11/09/2016

Wendy Lawrence Weddings & Events, LLC's reply:

Martha and Michael - thank you both so very much. Your wedding was nothing short of extraordinary. Not only was a dream to work for you but your families were just the nicest people I've met in a long time. I can only hope to have clients like you both in the future. I miss you guys already and wish you a lifetime of love and happiness. XOXO! Wendy

Lexie · Married on 09/24/2016

My husband and I were married about 2 months ago, we were on a tight budget and our wedding was very DIY. Early on we realized that it would be helpful to work with a planner day of (I was very on top of things myself but we didn't have the budget for someone to help us the whole way). We hired Wendy and hands down it was one of the areas I would consider money best spent; along with our photographer.
    Wendy was great throughout the process she was responsive, easy to get along with and worth every penny to have there day of. She rolled up her sleeves and helped me with flowers and table settings and much more! She ran our dress rehearsal, took packages for me as I lived in a different state, set up all our vendors in the room day of, gave final payments, tips etc. She was there all day to see that the day ran smoothly.
    We talked a few times over the days and months prior to be on target for the plan, she helped with timelines, details, questions and general problem solving. She followed my lead which if you are doing a DIY wedding is important, because too many hands in the pot can make things harder sometimes.
    I can't say enough about her professionalism and also her easy and go with the flow attitude. She was firm when things needed to get done, and I never felt like I couldn't trust her at any point to achieve was was our dream for our wedding day.
    There are things that happened day of as they will and Wendy took care of them so that I never knew they existed, she even drove me down the aisle when plans had to shift due to our venue not keeping there word on transport.
    You cannot put a value on having someone there to make sure your day goes as planned, so hire her and know you and your soon to be are in good hands. It is worth the money, there are so many things going on the day of your wedding having someone you trust to help you along the way is something I and my husband were grateful for. Thank you Wendy!!!!
    Mr. & Mrs. Rule
    Xoxo

Annabel · Married on 09/04/2016

I can honestly say I don't know what I would've done without Wendy and Tonya on my wedding day. They were incredibly helpful, attentive, and detail oriented throughout the entire weekend. I come from a family of OCD control freaks so the fact that we were all so pleased and so happy with their service is saying something! Thank you again for making our wedding weekend go off without a hitch!

Carol · Married on 07/03/2016

If you are intending to have an event and you want it to be the best, booking anyone else besides Wendy Lawrence would be both foolish and negligent. Wendy's leadership skills and her ability to create and organize a first class event were unparalleled. Everything we asked for was more than wonderful. We can't thank her enough.

Cameron · Married on 07/03/2016

Wendy is quite possibly the most amazing wedding planner you could possibly hire to put together your wedding. There wasn't one moment where we were worried about how it was going to turn out, especially the day of the wedding. She had every minute coordinated to a tee and literally got on her hands and knees to make sure everything was perfect. We are very lucky to have had Wendy and would recommend her to any couples getting married in Saratoga and beyond. Thanks again!!!!!!!!!!

Karen · Married on 05/21/2016

Wendy was wonderful! She was responsive, professional, always able to provide options, ideas and alternatives for us. The result was a fantastic wedding day that we thoroughly enjoyed!

• I

Iain · Married on 05/14/2016

Wendy was phenomenal. From the very first time we met with her until the very end of our celebration, she was professional, energetic, and such an amazing fit for us. She is always professional, provided great insight and suggestions, and was incredibly invested in our event and helping us out. She got to know us and really connect with us on what we needed. It felt like Wendy was like our experienced, knowledgeable (secret weapon) friend. She was exactly what we needed to ensure our wedding was a success. Even our families and friends commented on how great she was and how her energy and positive presence really enhanced our wedding. We would recommend Wendy to everyone and will definitely consider asking her to help us with future events.

Sent on 06/10/2016

Wendy Lawrence Weddings & Events, LLC's reply:

Iain & Matt, The Braddack wedding was one of my all time favorite weddings ever! I can't thank you enough for your kind words and sentiments. It means the world to me. I hope that we will always stay in touch as I feel like more of a friend than your planner. My very best to the both of you! Wendy

A truly exceptional and professional experience catered perfectly to our needs.

Timothy · Married on 10/03/2015

Wendy helped us create our dream wedding. She was extremely accommodating and consultative to pull many pieces of the puzzle together perfectly.

There is no substitute for having Wendy as our wedding coordinator. Her preparedness and wedding day "know-how" translates to an ease for bride, groom, friends, and family. Wendy seemed to be every where at exactly the right time with exactly what we needed. She coordinated all of our vendors to perfection. I can't stress how great it was to know that all of these things were handled and we didn't have to think about it.

For Wendy, pulling off our wedding perfectly was easy for her as she does that over and over again for many brides and grooms. For us, it was the care she showed us and put into our wedding that made it so special.

Thank you Wendy!

Meg · Married on 07/10/2015

Wendy was an excellent resource and very professional and enthusiastic person to work with. She truly shines at wedding time (rehearsal / wedding day) and makes sure you do not worry about a thing! She has a lot at her fingertips in terms of getting ice sculptures or doing decor and contacting vendors, which was great for us as we were from out of town. Thank you for making our space look really beautiful and being such a great resource (and friend!!!) through all of this!

LINDA · Married on 06/06/2015

We are based in Atlanta and worked remotely with Wendy and the Fine Affairs team who planned our elegant baby shower luncheon for 55 people. They exceeded all of our expectations on every dimension! Professional, Creative, Responsive, Easy to Work With. Thorough Attention to Detail, Smart, Fun, and a Great Partner .... are just a few of the ways we'd describe Wendy; and I hate to give control to a third party, hoping that my vision will be interpreted to my satisfaction. We wanted a baby shower luncheon on the scale of a wedding luncheon and Wendy did not disappoint! She and her team took a big, empty blank space (with magnificent floor-to-ceiling windows) and transformed it into a shabby-chic but very elegant dining area with breathtaking dessert table and pre-lunch reception area. Wendy took care of everything - tables, chairs, linens, decor, signage, lighting, catering (including food tastings), servers, live music and even put together our guest favors for us. When we got to Saratoga a day before our event, we did not have to do a single thing. We highly recommend Fine Affairs...and suggest you ask for Wendy.

• Chelsey

Chelsey · Married on 04/24/2015

Hire Wendy!!! She's incredible.

Hiring Wendy was the best thing we could have done for our wedding. She provided so much guidance and hands-on help. We flipped to a rain plan at 10AM on the morning of our wedding, and Wendy handled everything promptly with the perfect mix of efficiency and calm. She helped us keep our sh*t together and felt more like a friend than a vendor throughout the whole experience. I can't imagine our wedding weekend without her. Do yourself a favor, hire Wendy.

Fine affairs (Wendy) did a wonderful job in helping us design the engagement party of our dreams. The entire night, from custom décor, to the food and fireworks, as well as transportation and vendor coordination, was executed on beyond even our wildest expectations. Wendy crafted a night for us that family and friends will talk about for years to come. If there was a 10 star review above Wendy would get it!

Alexandra · Married on 08/12/2017

Wendy was absolutely amazing! Upon first meeting with her, I knew should would be a great fit. She is so easy to get along with and very accommodating. She worked as a partial wedding planner for almost 2 years! She had fantastic recommendations and put me in contact with incredible vendors. She made several site visits (which were at least 2+ hours away from her home) and attended several meetings with me. She took charge the day of wedding and I felt VERY comfortable knowing that she was handling everything. I had an outside wedding with a separate tent for the ceremony and another for the reception. The day of the wedding had some unexpected weather events- from thunder, down pouring rain, and even hail. During the ceremony, the reception tent actually flooded a few inches. Thankfully, Wendy and team took care of (and I didn't even know about it till the next day). If I could do this all over again, I would absolutely choose Wendy as my wedding planner 110%!

Claire · Married on 05/26/2018

It surpassed all of my expectation

Wendy helped make our vision a reality. My husband and I were swamped with work/school and were planning the wedding remotely. Wendy researched vendors for us and helped create the most perfect day.

Wendy Lawrence Weddings & Events, LLC 1
    Wendy Lawrence Weddings & Events, LLC 2
    Wendy Lawrence Weddings & Events, LLC 3
    Wendy Lawrence Weddings & Events, LLC 4

Anna · Married on 09/10/2016

Wendy was an absolute lifesaver. We did a lot of the initial planning and coordinating ourselves but wanted someone to help facilitate closer to the day since we had a very DIY wedding - we never EVER could have done everything we wanted with our wedding if it weren't for her! Before the wedding Wendy spent a lot of time with us over the phone (since were planning from far away) and recommended vendors, drew up our entire timeline for the day, and got an idea of what we were about and what we really wanted. The week before the wedding she met with us for a site visit, took over communication with all our vendors, helped run our rehearsal, and went to bat for us when we needed a firm voice. On the wedding day she was at our venue with us from the moment we started hair and makeup until the very end of the night, and she took so much worry off our shoulders - she picked up last minute desserts we ordered for the wedding and food we ordered for the bridal party the morning of, she picked up coffee for a bridesmaid, she poured champagne while we were getting ready, she greeted every vendor as they arrived and knew all the instructions to give them and was also in charge of distributing our final payments and tips to all of them, she was out helping the groomsmen put out favors and rearrange tables and trimming flowers in vases - she seriously did EVERYTHING. During the ceremony and reception she kept us on time and gracefully guided us from one phase to another, she kept everything coordinated and worked her absolute hardest to accomplish all she knew we wanted from our day. She was very attentive to the bride and groom, our guests, and our families. She was extremely professional, gracious and very kind every time we met with her and just so amazing the day of the wedding - by the end of it she felt like a long-time family friend and added so much fun and relief to our whole experience. I can't say enough wonderful things about her and what she did for us!