Weddings Nosara Reviews

22 | Liberia, CR

22 Reviews for Weddings Nosara

22 Weddings Nosara Reviews

Catie · Married on 12/03/2016

Alexa was so great to work with over the months I spent planning for our wedding. She was incredibly helpful in every aspect, took into account all of my comments and had great suggestions. The wedding turned out spectacular and I never had to worry about a thing. Phyllis' arrangements were gorgeous and was exactly what I wanted. Elysia was great help and a lot of fun to be around on the big day. I would absolutely recommend Weddings Nosara.

Jessica and Chris · Married on 07/24/2016

Alexa was so great to work with! She helped us plan our welcome dinner and wedding for 82 of our friends and family so it was a big project. From planning the big details like the venue of both events all the way down to what our name cards were going to look like for the wedding dinner Alexa was giving us options to chose from and guidance from her experiences with weddings in Nosara. We planned our wedding for over a year and anytime I had a question or concern during that time period Alexa always got back to me quickly with an answer or possible solutions. Alexa's confidence in what she was doing and how our wedding day was going to turn out helped me, as the bride, stay calm and peaceful through out the entire process. Needless to say our welcome dinner and wedding were beautiful and everything we wanted and the guests still talk about how magical that day was!

Nassy · Married on 01/16/2016

Alexa and her staff are truly amazing at what they do. My husband and I had a large destination wedding with 90 guests coming in from all parts of the world, and Alexa handled everything with such amazing ease and grace. She coordinated the floral arrangements, which were beautiful, helped us find the perfect DJ, photographers, and all other vendors - we really trusted her judgement on a lot of things that we couldn't physically see before we committed (due to geographic distance), and I'm glad we did. She has great taste. With such a large wedding in a location so far away from where we live, there are many unforeseen details to keep track of, but Alexa's detail-oriented way of planning made it all run smoothly. I highly recommend Alexa's services for the absolute perfect destination wedding!

Brittany · Married on 04/04/2015

Alexa was fantastic from the very start! I found her site online and after a lengthy email exchange I decided to book her and I am SO glad I did!! She handled everything from cake to flowers to decor to rentals, the whole time making excellent suggestions and completely grasping my vision each time! Just when I would start to stress and think about emailing her to check in, she was ahead of me and would reach out with either an update or just to let me know all was on track. The finished product was absolutely perfect and she handled ALL of the logistics for the entire day, dealt with all the vendors and payment, and I only had to answer a few questions (and when I changed my mind she accommodated so easily or made an even better suggestion!) I could NOT have had the wedding I did with so little stress without her. She is the BEST!!

Chad · Married on 12/18/2014

We had an incredible experience and Alexa could not have been more helpful. Everything was perfect!

Eva · Married on 12/13/2014

Alexa and her team at Weddings Nosara (especially Laura!) did incredible work to make our wedding absolutely incredible. We began working with Alexa about 2 years before the wedding date since family also lives in Nosara and it was convenient to meet face-to-face. Alexa understood that while she and her screw were responsible for MANY things, some things were in the hands of others since we are connected a bit to the community. She was very understanding and just made sure we had all details covered. Alexa put up well with my mixture of nitpickiness on certain things and not caring about other issues.

While I know it was not easy Alexa & her team went above and beyond to help me with a special request and we are so thrilled she made it work! We now have such fun video footage of the wedding. She also helped us find amazing musicians (Violche & the local marimba band) and a great photographer (Graham Swindell).

The details of the ceremony & the reception went above and beyond what I could have imagined. We did not want to spend a lot on decorations & flowers but the way it looked, one would have thought we spent a fortune. They also all did a great job of adjusting and working with a minor issue before the ceremony. The ceremony took place at a private residence in the morning and the reception at La Luna Bar & Restaurant in the evening. Our guests were dazzled & charmed by the entire experience and everyone left saying it was one of the best parties/weddings they've ever been to. In no small part thanks to Weddings Nosara.

Alexa and her crew also organized the rehearsal dinner at a private residence that was difficult to reach but they pulled it off without a hitch!

We will never forget our wedding week and all the amazing people that made it so incredible! Thanks Weddings Nosara!

Diane · Married on 12/13/2014

Alexa was the coordinator for our son and daughter in law's beautiful wedding here in Nosara. We have a small house, but they were determined that we would have the family/wedding party dinner for 20 at our home up on the mountain. I was skeptical, but Alexa's team said "sure - we can do that!" It was absolutely beautiful. The set up was perfect for our space, the service was super and the food was great! For me, it was so relaxing because I had to do nothing. Everyone had so much fun! It really was a wonderful and memorable evening for us all, on the evening before the big event.

Shannon · Married on 07/03/2014

Weddings Nosara is fantastic. Faced with pouring rain and another incident that came up just before the ceremony, Alexa still managed to make this the best day of our lives...and on the beach!

Jackie & Morgan · Married on 02/02/2014

At first we were tentative to work with someone we’ve never met but from the email correspondents to the actual day of our wedding everything was seamless and efficient. Working with Alexa was truly easy. My husband and I had a specific idea of what we wanted, both in theme and feel and Alexa FAR surpassed our expectations. Seeing the wedding area for the first time was like a dream come true for both of us. Alexa listened to what we wanted and created it within the budget we had in mind, in fact, it was more beautiful then we could of imagined.

-Jackie & Morgan (Toronto)

Carolyn · event on: 01/22/2014

I could not possibly say enough good things or find enough stars for Alexa's fine service. She planned our Vow Renewal on the beach at Nosara. While I had definite ideas about what I wanted I had no idea how to implement them or translate them. I knew I wanted it simple, sweet, lovely. I suppose the most accurate review of her service is how I felt during the day and when I arrived on the beach. Both myself and my husband were carefree and giddy the whole day. When I started descending the hill to the beach and saw the bower, the beach, the petals strewn on the sand(not to mention my sweet husband)...all at once I felt like I was in my childhood dreams come true at the perfect time. My eyes, even now, well up at the beautiful memories. What a beautiful way to begin our second ten years and what a perfect person to bring a dream to life. Thank-you Alexa!...PS...Hire Oriana Photography to do your pictures! She is also the best!

Sent on 02/06/2015

Weddings Nosara's reply:

Thank you Carolyn - you made my eyes well up too! You were like a princess bride that day! And there was so much love floating around that day it was crazy! It gives us all hope that after 10 years the love is still stronger than ever!
  • denvergirl

Tammi · Married on 08/11/2013

My husband proposed in July and we had already planned a trip to Costa Rica for August. So quite spontaneously we decide to convert that trip to an elopement as well. I found Alexa online and she was very responsive. I told her what my budget was and what I'd like included. She said she could do that plus more! Within a matter of days, she found a wonderful officiant and was able to secure the best photographer in town at "rainy season" rates - beyond our expectations! Not only did she get flowers for my bouquet, she also surprised us with a bonus arrangement waiting for us at the table where we had dinner afterwards. She made that dinner reservation for us! She also went above and beyond by allowing me to use one of the rooms at her hotel (we were staying elsewhere) to get ready, she arranged the hair/makeup gal to come to the room AND she drove me down to the ceremony site when we were ready. I really can't say enough about how easy and wonderful she made our special day. It's really extraordinary to just show up in a country you've never been and have every detail just handled to perfection. Don't hesitate for a second to hire Alexa to help you with your special day. She is a professional, goes above and beyond, manages every detail and really cares about her clients!!!

Douglas · Married on 03/21/2013

Laurie and I were married at Blue Spirit Lodge in Nosara, Costa Rica. Alexa Bolles coordinated the canopy, flowers and setting. She was wonderful, every step of the way. It was the most magical day of my life…and I hope my lovely wife also!

Jessica · Married on 03/17/2011

Alexa at Bella Vista Mar/Weddings Nosara was absolutely wonderful. She helped me with everything, from arranging transportation from the airport to the hotel, recommending a officiant for the wedding ceremony, hair stylist, cake, photographer, providing a fantastic dinner, flowers, and much more! I am so happy that I came across Alexa and her team. I wouldn't have had our wedding any other way!

Alice · event on: 11/29/2014

I didn't have a big wedding 50 years ago, but at our celebration of our 50 years together, my husband and I felt like bride and groom lovingly held in the love of friends and family, flawlessly and warmly supported by Alexa, Laura and all the staff they directed at our party for 120 guests.

I'm what's charmingly referred to as a "control freak," but at our party there was never moment at which I said or thought, "something must be done about X,Y or Z." Nothing was ever amiss, badly timed or out of kilter. It was a dream evening and I didn't have to lift a finger to be certain it went well.

My decision to work with Nosara weddings for our anniversary celebration was my own good luck. I'm so glad it came to be.

Sent on 01/22/2015

Weddings Nosara's reply:

Thanks Alice! We had a blast at your party and I know people are still talking about it as the event of the season! It was lovely to see you and Mike enjoying yourselves throughout the evening. Thank you for sharing your special night with us.

Jeremiah · event on: 12/10/2014

Alexa and The Weddings Nosara crew were fantastic! Eveything was perfect on the day of my engagement. I coordinated everything with Alexa from the states and the day of the surprise went flawlessly. My fiancé was so happy, and that's what really matters! Weddings Nosara was great and I highly recommend them if you are in the Nosara area and looking for engagement or wedding services.

Sent on 01/23/2015

Weddings Nosara's reply:

Thanks Jeremy! It was such fun to watch the surprise on Maritza's face when you pulled out the ring! Exciting to watch and fun to be a part of. Looking forward to the wedding!

Cherie · event on: 12/06/2014

When it came time for my baby shower, I wanted the best. As I live in Nosara, I knew exactly who to call. Alexa not only listened to my thoughts and desires, but she understood what I wanted.
    She was very prompt with replies and I found her professionalism set my mind at ease.
    The day of my baby shower, I was blown away!
    Alexa has taken my vision and made it a reality. And I love that she took the time to make sure all the small details were done.
    I highly recommend Alexa. Thank you!

Melanie · Married on 01/04/2015

Alexa, of Weddings Nosara, was truly a blessing! My fiance and I wanted a simple, beautiful ceremony on the beach, and Alexa took care of everything. She made my bouquet - which was gorgeous - and had everything set up so that all we had to do was show up. She took care of hiring a fantastic photographer and a lawyer to perform our ceremony so we were free to enjoy our time in Nosara. For a non-planner, no-fuss lady like myself, it was perfect! We could not have been happier with Alexa. She is kind, professional, and ready for everything, even having a towel in hand for my fiance to wipe the sweat from his brow. :) I highly recommend Alexa and Weddings Nosara.

Thanks Alexa, we enjoyed our Costa Rica wedding!

• W

William Drew · Married on 12/29/2013

Alexa was fantastic to work with. She helped us navigate local issues and cultural differences to enjoy a beautiful time in Nosara. We were happy to be flexible to change to make sure the event turned into the special time it was and we had a wonderful experience with 25 friends and family from the States. Alexa helped us plan travel, get to Nosara, and enjoy everything the area has to offer.

Shani · Married on 05/22/2016

4.2
      3.5

Alexa did a great job. The Flowers and venue where stunning and just what we had hoped for! The only thing I wished for was more attentiveness during the photography. It is very warn in Costa Rica, you are in wedding clothes and standing in the heat for a long period of time. I would have loved to have had someone check with us during the hour were out on the beach or even be with us the whole time the photos were being taken. We would have loved some water!

Kiki · Married on 03/05/2015

1.4
      1.0
      2.0
      1.5

I originally hired Heather Barbieri of Nosara Weddings & Events. 4 mos prior to wedding, Heather and Alexa sent an email stating they were co-workers; Alexa would be taking over. 2 days before my wedding, Alexa demanded more money stating she "bought" my wedding from Heather and some of the things promised were underpriced. We were shocked she hadn't come to us sooner. She blatantly told us that we could either pay her more OR she couldn't promise that she would be able to do her best the day of our wedding. My husband became furious!! We paid. Fast forward to the day of and Alexa was not at venue when guests arrived. Her employees failed to usher guests to the beach where the $350 pippa stand stood; instead our guests went to the bar. By the time I arrived, Alexa hadn't gotten guests away from the bar which kept me in a van for over 20 min. She kept saying it'll be fine but didn't offer to reimburse for the $750.00 bar tab. *The story she lists below is news to me. I have the receipts from bar to prove it. Alexa and I talked at length about decor. I was very specific with how I wanted flowers, tables, etc. The flowers I purchased are in bouquets all over my house to this day and have been featured in DIY blogs. She did not listen to my vision; did things her own way which were super tacky. Cringe worthy photos. Because months of silence went on where we didn’t hear from our planner, we initially secured venue/restaurant ourselves. When we paid for venue it was $2k MORE than expected. The restaurant owner sent Alexa an updated price sheet 4 mos prior which Alexa failed to share. We began a legal dispute with the restaurant where the restaurant showed proof they shared with Alexa; their contract explained that Alexa was in charge of sharing the information with us as she was our wedding planner. We sent Alexa our guest list in December. The SAME guests arrived at wedding in March. There are emails and videotape to prove each. Alexa lies. Save your wedding day!!!

Sent on 02/20/2017

Weddings Nosara's reply:

We are not sure why you would decide to post this review 2 years after your wedding. The facts are: 1) The signed contract stated who would do the wedding. 2) Info on the additional expenses was presented as an example of the additional money that was spent to meet the agreement. WN did not ask payment for those expenses. Payment was asked when the guest list exceeded its number (fees are based on number of guests). The groom became aggressive with his language, we asked him to stop so that he was not tainting the relationship. The bride and groom chose not to pay the extra fee. WN fulfilled the contract as promised in a professional manner. 3) Wedding day: guests were 20 minutes early and yes, Alexa was changing her clothes. Staff directed guests to the Coco Loco. Several of the guests were not happy with the choice and demanded shots of tequila. Rather than cause a disturbance, the venue did serve those guests. The total for those drinks came to under $100. 4) The contract was for “day of” coordination, and did not include design. The bride purchased items for decoration and designed her own wedding. WN facilitated the decoration exactly as the bride requested, including plastic flowers provided by the bride. It should also be noted that a full 3 hours of additional time was required to wash the plastic flowers and to cut them apart with a wire cutter - something that should have been done before delivery to WN. 5) The agreement with the venue was something that the bride undertook herself. Copies of the emails outlining the prices to the bride were provided to the venue and their legal team as part of the venue's dispute with this couple. 6) The day following the wedding Weddings Nosara received an email from the couple thanking us for an amazing wedding and a perfect day. At Weddings Nosara we take our commitment to our couples very seriously, and work to consistently meet or exceed the expectations of our couples.