22 Reviews for Weddings Nosara

Timelines (1)
Referrals (1)
Destination (1)
18 Weddings Nosara Reviews

Alexa was so great to work with over the months I spent planning for our wedding. She was incredibly helpful in every aspect, took into account all of my comments and had great suggestions. The wedding turned out spectacular and I never had to worry about a thing. Phyllis' arrangements were gorgeous and was exactly what I wanted. Elysia was great help and a lot of fun to be around on the big day. I would absolutely recommend Weddings Nosara.

Profile Picture User7499930, 1+ year ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Alexa was so great to work with! She helped us plan our welcome dinner and wedding for 82 of our friends and family so it was a big project. From planning the big details like the venue of both events all the way down to what our name cards were going to look like for the wedding dinner Alexa was giving us options to chose from and guidance from her experiences with weddings in Nosara. We planned our wedding for over a year and anytime I had a question or concern during that time period Alexa always got back to me quickly with an answer or possible solutions. Alexa's confidence in what she was doing and how our wedding day was going to turn out helped me, as the bride, stay calm and peaceful through out the entire process. Needless to say our welcome dinner and wedding were beautiful and everything we wanted and the guests still talk about how magical that day was!

Profile Picture Jessica and Chris, 7/24/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Alexa and her staff are truly amazing at what they do. My husband and I had a large destination wedding with 90 guests coming in from all parts of the world, and Alexa handled everything with such amazing ease and grace. She coordinated the floral arrangements, which were beautiful, helped us find the perfect DJ, photographers, and all other vendors - we really trusted her judgement on a lot of things that we couldn't physically see before we committed (due to geographic distance), and I'm glad we did. She has great taste. With such a large wedding in a location so far away from where we live, there are many unforeseen details to keep track of, but Alexa's detail-oriented way of planning made it all run smoothly. I highly recommend Alexa's services for the absolute perfect destination wedding!

Profile Picture Nassy, 1/16/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Destination, Ceremony, Reception, Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Full Planning, Timelines, Referrals

Alexa was fantastic from the very start! I found her site online and after a lengthy email exchange I decided to book her and I am SO glad I did!! She handled everything from cake to flowers to decor to rentals, the whole time making excellent suggestions and completely grasping my vision each time! Just when I would start to stress and think about emailing her to check in, she was ahead of me and would reach out with either an update or just to let me know all was on track. The finished product was absolutely perfect and she handled ALL of the logistics for the entire day, dealt with all the vendors and payment, and I only had to answer a few questions (and when I changed my mind she accommodated so easily or made an even better suggestion!) I could NOT have had the wedding I did with so little stress without her. She is the BEST!!

Profile Picture Brittany, 4/4/15, 1 Review
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Flowers, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

We had an incredible experience and Alexa could not have been more helpful. Everything was perfect!

Profile Picture Chad, 12/18/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Alexa and her team at Weddings Nosara (especially Laura!) did incredible work to make our wedding absolutely incredible. We began working with Alexa about 2 years before the wedding date since family also lives in Nosara and it was convenient to meet face-to-face. Alexa understood that while she and her screw were responsible for MANY things, some things were in the hands of others since we are connected a bit to the community. She was very understanding and just made sure we had all details covered. Alexa put up well with my mixture of nitpickiness on certain things and not caring about other issues.

While I know it was not easy Alexa & her team went above and beyond to help me with a special request and we are so thrilled she made it work! We now have such fun video footage of the wedding. She also helped us find amazing musicians (Violche & the local marimba band) and a great photographer (Graham Swindell).

The details of the ceremony & the reception went above and beyond what I could have imagined. We did not want to spend a lot on decorations & flowers but the way it looked, one would have thought we spent a fortune. They also all did a great job of adjusting and working with a minor issue before the ceremony. The ceremony took place at a private residence in the morning and the reception at La Luna Bar & Restaurant in the evening. Our guests were dazzled & charmed by the entire experience and everyone left saying it was one of the best parties/weddings they've ever been to. In no small part thanks to Weddings Nosara.

Alexa and her crew also organized the rehearsal dinner at a private residence that was difficult to reach but they pulled it off without a hitch!

We will never forget our wedding week and all the amazing people that made it so incredible! Thanks Weddings Nosara!

Profile Picture Eva, 12/13/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Alexa was the coordinator for our son and daughter in law's beautiful wedding here in Nosara. We have a small house, but they were determined that we would have the family/wedding party dinner for 20 at our home up on the mountain. I was skeptical, but Alexa's team said "sure - we can do that!" It was absolutely beautiful. The set up was perfect for our space, the service was super and the food was great! For me, it was so relaxing because I had to do nothing. Everyone had so much fun! It really was a wonderful and memorable evening for us all, on the evening before the big event.

Profile Picture Diane, 12/13/14, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Flowers, Party Supplies, Wedding Planning

Weddings Nosara is fantastic. Faced with pouring rain and another incident that came up just before the ceremony, Alexa still managed to make this the best day of our lives...and on the beach!

Profile Picture Shannon, 7/3/14, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

At first we were tentative to work with someone we’ve never met but from the email correspondents to the actual day of our wedding everything was seamless and efficient. Working with Alexa was truly easy. My husband and I had a specific idea of what we wanted, both in theme and feel and Alexa FAR surpassed our expectations. Seeing the wedding area for the first time was like a dream come true for both of us. Alexa listened to what we wanted and created it within the budget we had in mind, in fact, it was more beautiful then we could of imagined.

-Jackie & Morgan (Toronto)

Profile Picture Jackie & Morgan, 2/2/14, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

My husband proposed in July and we had already planned a trip to Costa Rica for August. So quite spontaneously we decide to convert that trip to an elopement as well. I found Alexa online and she was very responsive. I told her what my budget was and what I'd like included. She said she could do that plus more! Within a matter of days, she found a wonderful officiant and was able to secure the best photographer in town at "rainy season" rates - beyond our expectations! Not only did she get flowers for my bouquet, she also surprised us with a bonus arrangement waiting for us at the table where we had dinner afterwards. She made that dinner reservation for us! She also went above and beyond by allowing me to use one of the rooms at her hotel (we were staying elsewhere) to get ready, she arranged the hair/makeup gal to come to the room AND she drove me down to the ceremony site when we were ready. I really can't say enough about how easy and wonderful she made our special day. It's really extraordinary to just show up in a country you've never been and have every detail just handled to perfection. Don't hesitate for a second to hire Alexa to help you with your special day. She is a professional, goes above and beyond, manages every detail and really cares about her clients!!!

Profile Picture Tammi, 8/11/13, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers, Officiant, Photography, Transportation, Wedding Planning

Laurie and I were married at Blue Spirit Lodge in Nosara, Costa Rica. Alexa Bolles coordinated the canopy, flowers and setting. She was wonderful, every step of the way. It was the most magical day of my life…and I hope my lovely wife also!

Profile Picture Douglas, 3/21/13, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Alexa at Bella Vista Mar/Weddings Nosara was absolutely wonderful. She helped me with everything, from arranging transportation from the airport to the hotel, recommending a officiant for the wedding ceremony, hair stylist, cake, photographer, providing a fantastic dinner, flowers, and much more! I am so happy that I came across Alexa and her team. I wouldn't have had our wedding any other way!

Profile Picture Jessica, 3/17/11, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health, Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers, Officiant, Party Supplies, Photography, Transportation, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

Alexa, of Weddings Nosara, was truly a blessing! My fiance and I wanted a simple, beautiful ceremony on the beach, and Alexa took care of everything. She made my bouquet - which was gorgeous - and had everything set up so that all we had to do was show up. She took care of hiring a fantastic photographer and a lawyer to perform our ceremony so we were free to enjoy our time in Nosara. For a non-planner, no-fuss lady like myself, it was perfect! We could not have been happier with Alexa. She is kind, professional, and ready for everything, even having a towel in hand for my fiance to wipe the sweat from his brow. :) I highly recommend Alexa and Weddings Nosara.

Profile Picture Melanie, 1/4/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Thanks Alexa, we enjoyed our Costa Rica wedding!

Profile Picture User4799833, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Alexa was fantastic to work with. She helped us navigate local issues and cultural differences to enjoy a beautiful time in Nosara. We were happy to be flexible to change to make sure the event turned into the special time it was and we had a wonderful experience with 25 friends and family from the States. Alexa helped us plan travel, get to Nosara, and enjoy everything the area has to offer.

Profile Picture William Drew, 12/29/13, 1 Review
Category: Lighting & Decor, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Planning

Alexa did a great job. The Flowers and venue where stunning and just what we had hoped for! The only thing I wished for was more attentiveness during the photography. It is very warn in Costa Rica, you are in wedding clothes and standing in the heat for a long period of time. I would have loved to have had someone check with us during the hour were out on the beach or even be with us the whole time the photos were being taken. We would have loved some water!

Profile Picture Shani, 5/22/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

I originally hired Heather Barbieri of Nosara Weddings & Events. 4 mos prior to wedding, Heather and Alexa sent an email stating they were co-workers; Alexa would be taking over. 2 days before my wedding, Alexa demanded more money stating she "bought" my wedding from Heather and some of the things promised were underpriced. We were shocked she hadn't come to us sooner. She blatantly told us that we could either pay her more OR she couldn't promise that she would be able to do her best the day of our wedding. My husband became furious!! We paid. Fast forward to the day of and Alexa was not at venue when guests arrived. Her employees failed to usher guests to the beach where the $350 pippa stand stood; instead our guests went to the bar. By the time I arrived, Alexa hadn't gotten guests away from the bar which kept me in a van for over 20 min. She kept saying it'll be fine but didn't offer to reimburse for the $750.00 bar tab. *The story she lists below is news to me. I have the receipts from bar to prove it. Alexa and I talked at length about decor. I was very specific with how I wanted flowers, tables, etc. The flowers I purchased are in bouquets all over my house to this day and have been featured in DIY blogs. She did not listen to my vision; did things her own way which were super tacky. Cringe worthy photos. Because months of silence went on where we didn’t hear from our planner, we initially secured venue/restaurant ourselves. When we paid for venue it was $2k MORE than expected. The restaurant owner sent Alexa an updated price sheet 4 mos prior which Alexa failed to share. We began a legal dispute with the restaurant where the restaurant showed proof they shared with Alexa; their contract explained that Alexa was in charge of sharing the information with us as she was our wedding planner. We sent Alexa our guest list in December. The SAME guests arrived at wedding in March. There are emails and videotape to prove each. Alexa lies. Save your wedding day!!!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Kiki, 3/5/15, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor, Officiant, Party Supplies, Transportation, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning