Weddings Costa Rica Reviews

16 | Heredia, CR

16 Reviews for Weddings Costa Rica

Alex · Married on 03/20/2017

Larissa and her team are absolutely incredible, and working with them was so easy from beginning to end. Larissa has an incredible ability to take your vision of and ideas for your wedding day, as described over the phone and through shared Pinterest boards, and pull every detail together to make it a dream come true. She is extremely responsive to questions, even many months before the wedding date but especially as your wedding day approaches.

Her work with decor is breathtaking, and not a single detail is overlooked. Not only that, but she connected me with some of the most amazing vendors including hair/makeup stylist, caterer, cake & dessert, musicians & DJ, florist, photographer, and rentals. I wish I could plan another event just so that I could continue to work with Larissa and see what she will deliver!

Sent on 03/29/2017

Weddings Costa Rica's reply:

Wow, Alex! Thank you thank you thank you!! Talk about a dream client - and a fellow dog lover :) I'd love to have another event together as it's just too much fun working with you. Big hugs to you and Pete - it was a really touching and beautiful celebration.

cayley · Married on 02/15/2017

I can't say enough great things about Larissa and her team! Anyone looking to get married in Costa Rica will be in great hands with Weddings CR. Larissa was able to take everything we imagined for our special day and surpass our expectations. She was always prompt to respond, and very professional. I just want to thank everyone at Weddings CR for all your hard work!! We couldn't of been happier with how things turned out

Sent on 03/07/2017

Weddings Costa Rica's reply:

Cayley, thank you so much!!!! It was a stunning wedding and those chairs really are spectacular (totally worth booking the venue for ;). It was so much fun working with you and when you and Travis come down again, we have to get together!!!

Megan · Married on 01/20/2017

Weddings Costa RIca was the best decision I ever made besides saying I do of course! They were so personable and you would never know you aren't the only bride they are working for. They were able to make my dream wedding come to life and with almost no help from myself. This team will assist you with everything you need to plan an amazing destination wedding and they even assist all your guest. I don't think 5 stars is enough! ????????????

Sent on 02/10/2017

Weddings Costa Rica's reply:

Wow, Megan- MIL GRACIAS! What a fabulous time the team and I had working with you (and your mom is just the sweetest). Thank you so much again for trusting us with your celebration and here's to many happy and fun-filled years in Club Wed ;)

Leah · Married on 10/28/2016

I have nothing bad to say!!! And my wedding was beyond amazing...Larissa made all my wedding day dreams come to life. Her and everyone that she recommended were helpful, friendly, -and truly talented!!!

Sent on 11/04/2016

Weddings Costa Rica's reply:

Thanks so much, Leah! It was a fabulous wedding and I had a great time working with you! Big thanks to you and T and many years of happiness!!

Kristen · Married on 07/02/2016

Don't try to do it by yourself, Weddings Costa Rica, Larissa, in particular, was worth EVERY SINGLE DOLLAR SPENT!!! She really made our dream wedding come true, I cannot believe how perfect it really was! Everyone was telling me horror stories about mishaps on their wedding days...we did not have a single one or she did a fabulous job hiding it from me!! Again, when planning a wedding, especially out of the country, do yourself a favor and hire a wedding planner, they make it soooo much easier!!!

Sent on 08/10/2016

Weddings Costa Rica's reply:

Aw, Kristen, THANK YOU!!! I'm beyond thrilled you're so happy and what an incredible wedding it was!! And truly, things went smooth as silk as working with you was a dream :)

Aubrie · Married on 04/16/2016

I highly recommend Larissa and her team at Weddings Costa Rica. I was planning my wedding in Costa Rica from California while working and finishing grad school (stressful!). Larissa made this process stress-free and easy. No one could believe that I was planning my destination wedding through emails and Skype calls. I could not have done it without Weddings Costa Rica helping me along the way. Also, what sold me on this company was how Larissa understood my vision from the very first moment and really made an effort to include those little details that made our wedding so magical, memorable, and beautiful. Guests told us over and over again that ours was the best wedding they've ever been to, and I could not have done it without the help of WCR!

Sent on 05/22/2016

Weddings Costa Rica's reply:

Thanks so much, Aubrie! Your wedding was so beautiful and I loved your vision. So wonderful to see it come together so perfectly - even the weather was a dream!

brittney · Married on 03/12/2016

We can not thank Larissa enough for the amazing job she and her team did for our wedding. It was truly more beautiful than we even imagined was possible! Larissa made the whole process as stress free as it could be. From our very first call with her I knew she understood our "vision" and she did not disappoint. From helping us select a venue (hand picked 8 different venues all over Costa Rica and personally met us at Zephyr Palace, the place we ended up choosing), to designing our wedding website, answering millions of questions, helping our guests with travel, and ultimately being there day of to calm everyone's nerves, Larissa delivered above & beyond. She collaborated with us on every detail of the wedding, never losing sight of the ultimate "feel and look" we wanted to achieve. She recommended an amazing band and photographer that made everything true perfection and even helped my fiancé organize some fireworks as a surprise to everyone.. Larissa dealt directly with all the vendors making it seamless for me (living in the U.S. and not speaking Spanish). I can not thank Larissa enough for everything she did to make our dream wedding become a reality. We would 1000% recommend her services to anyone who is looking for a caring, dependable, creative wedding planner. Xoxox the Jacobs

Sent on 05/24/2016

Weddings Costa Rica's reply:

Wow, thank you Brittney! It was an absolute delight working with you Mark! Such a gorgeous wedding and too much fun! I've never had Jersey Girl performed as a processional before ;) Big hugs to you and Mark!!

Heather · Married on 11/21/2015

You are crazy if you try and do this on your own! Larissa is the Rock Star of Wedding Planners!! This was more than just your average wedding and all of our guests walked away including ourselves with the most memorable experience. EVER. Larissa is ridiculously intuitive which is beneficial when you can't deal with the Pandora's Box of family and guests. The only thing Larissa is missing is a cape and leotard with her initials on her chest warding off any potential upsetting details with her Wedding Planning superpowers so the Groom and myself could have a spectacular time and at the same time we were completely oblivious to wedding drama she was handling. Larissa, Thank you so much for the most spectacular time and the guests LOVED you as well and everyone young and old all walked away amazed and I still hear "Wow Best Wedding Ever". I would do it again but that would mean I would have to get divorced first ;)

Sent on 05/29/2016

Weddings Costa Rica's reply:

Holy Cats, Heather! I feel like a Kabow! Shazam! is in order after this super duper amazing review!! You are the cat's meow - gracias!!! Seriously - this wedding was off the chain. Too. much. fun!! Thank you so much. How about we do this again in 10 years and then 20 years and then 30 years for your anniversary, as I know you two are in this for the long haul ;)

Minnie · Married on 11/14/2015

Larissa and her team were great! I live in Florida and we did everything through email and Skype. My husband and I trusted Larissa 100% on how we wanted our wedding to look like and feel. Everything came out perfect and all our guests said it was the best wedding they had ever gone to! Can wait to renew our vows in 50 yrs :)

Sent on 05/27/2016

Weddings Costa Rica's reply:

Thank you soooo much, Minnie! You were so fun to work with and wow, those photos! Mil gracias for your lovely review :)

Sandy · Married on 08/01/2015

It has been exactly one year since my destination wedding in Costa Rica and not a day has gone by that I haven't caught myself daydreaming of being back and doing it all over again (my guests too!). Larissa asked me to describe my wedding in 5 words and my response was "the party of my life!" And that was what she and her Weddings Costa Rica team graciously provided. The ceremony was perfect. The reception was epic. Of course the months leading up to the main event had some major bumps. Larissa kept her patience and poise and kept me from freaking out on numerous occasions. I cannot wait to see her when we revisit. She is the epitome of the Pura Vida lifestyle.

Sent on 08/01/2016

Weddings Costa Rica's reply:

EPIC - that's the only word for your wedding (and the goodbye at the end of the night). You set the bar very high for the FUN factor that will be the benchmark for many years to come. You and Rommel know how to put the "vida" in Pura Vida ;)

Stephanie · Married on 04/09/2015

Wedding date: April 9th 2015
    My husband & I decided over the summer of 2014 that we wanted to get married in Costa Rica. We had heard amazing things about it but neither of us had ever been there.
    We started looking into all-inclusive wedding packages at resorts but really didn't find much. As we looked online, we saw great reviews for Weddings Costa Rica/Larissa Banting. We reached out to Larissa in July 2014 to see if it would be in any way possible to plan a wedding in 8 or 9 months and she said of course!
    We filled out a form which let her know our budget, approximate number of wedding guests, wedding color ideas, a little bit about ourselves, likes & dislikes when it came to designs, atmosphere, etc.
    Larissa was able to take that initial information & sent us a breakdown of how our budget would be spent as well as ideas for decorations, table settings, options for venues. She also got us in touch with travel agents who were able to block rooms for our guests at 3 different hotels for every price range!
    Since we didn't have any plan or direction before meeting Larissa, she was able to really help us narrow down the details, from the big decisions to the small ones that we didn't even think of! Larissa was always quick to respond to any email or phone call. I should also mention that because my father was paying for most of the wedding, she spoke with him a lot as well. He had a ton of questions (more than me & my husband did, lol) & Larissa was incredibly patient in answering all our questions and making it an easy planning experience. What could've been really stressful ended up as an enjoyable experience which ran smoothly from beginning to end! When we got to Costa Rica, we were able to enjoy ourselves & the time we had with our friends and family, knowing that the wedding ceremony and reception was in good hands. Larissa did a great job in every aspect and we are truly so thankful that we were able to work with her!

Sent on 04/02/2016

Weddings Costa Rica's reply:

Thank you so much, Stephanie! It was such a fun wedding and enjoyed working with you (and your dad ;).

Melissa · Married on 11/29/2014

I cannot say enough good things about Larissa (owner) and her Wedding Costa Rica Team. My husband and I decided to have our destination wedding in Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica, I've never been there before. Larissa was always available via email (I always got almost immediate responses) and also via Skype. she coordinated all the vendors and everyone, from the flowers, cake, DJ, hair and makeup, everyone was outstanding. My wedding was better than the wedding of my dreams, thanks to Weddings Costa Rica.

Sent on 12/13/2014

Weddings Costa Rica's reply:

Thanks you so much!! It was an absolute pleasure to work with you on creating such an amazing celebration!

Lindsy · Married on 05/11/2016

This was a wonderful and very professional team to work with. They made my wedding day and all the planning far easier and less stressful than I anticipated.

Sent on 05/31/2016

Weddings Costa Rica's reply:

Thanks so much, Lindsy! All of us had so much fun on your day (you are hilariously funny!) and it was such a pleasure to work with you.

Weddings Costa Rica/ Larissa is great especially if you don't speak Spanish and planning a wedding in CR. She can help and hire vendors under her umbrella so that you don't have to be liable for them. She's easily accessible by skype or email. My experience has been great and will highly recommend her!

Sent on 05/20/2016

Weddings Costa Rica's reply:

Thank you so much and very happy we made your day a great one!

If Costa Rica is your ideal Wedding destination, Larissa and her team can make it happen! They stayed within our budget and put it all together in our short time frame. It was painless for me and I was able to trust their expertise. I am so thankful!

Sent on 05/19/2016

Weddings Costa Rica's reply:

We are so thankful for your lovely review and that it was a great experience for you! Mil gracias :)
  • Megan

Megan · Married on 12/05/2015

2.4
      2.0
      2.0
      3.0
      1.0

Got the job done but did not feel like a priority.

I dont even know where to start... Larissa from Weddings Costa Rica was responsive, friendly and helpful up until she got paid. I had to be the one to frequently contact her to ask questions or get through the planning process. Responses were quick but became very short and snippy as time went on. All I wanted was communication from her every once and a while but I got the feeling that if I never emailed her I would have never heard from her.
    Larissa has her go-to vendors she uses and became almost argumentative when we ended up choosing a different DJ than she recommended.
    Her planner fee was $2500 but we definitly got the sense that she was making profit off of everything we rented or purchased. Additional items like for example.. A small set of string lights would be $400 because they needed to be imported from the United States. Imported?? Costa rica doesnt have string lights?
    Larissa did not coordinate well with the hotel to set up a time to review the event space before the wedding, so we had to meet with her on the other side of the hotel to guess how we wanted things set up. It left the final set up of the dance floor squished in a corner and hard for everyone to see.
    I wanted this process to be very easy going and thats why we hired a planner but nothing stressed/angered me more during the process than Larissa. If I could go back in time I would have NEVER used her and put the planner fee towards a longer honeymoon.

Sent on 05/22/2019

Weddings Costa Rica's reply:

Thank you for your feedback, Megan. I am so very disappointed that you felt that you were not a priority as that was certainly not the case on our end and never our intention. And, honestly, it comes as a surprise that you were not happy throughout the process and feel so vehemently towards me and my services as I had no idea whatsoever. This is the first negative review we've received on WW (all the rest have been 5 Star and glowing) and also the first in our 16 years of business. We've always strived to give excellent customer service so it pains me that you felt you didn't receive it.
    To answer your concerns:
    I have go-to vendors because, after 16 years and 600 weddings, I've learned first-hand who is reliable and who isn't. As I explained to you when you told me found your own DJ and violinist, it's different to DJ for a wedding than it is a club. I've had negative experiences in the past with unknown vendors clients have found and it impacts how the day runs. My stance was never combative - things can be 'lost in translation' with email and I believe this is the case here. I was simply giving you some things to think about when it comes to a wedding DJ as it seemed this DJ didn't specialize in weddings.
    My fears were realized, unfortunately, as the violinist and DJ duo rushed in 15 minutes before the ceremony was supposed to start (despite me speaking with them that morning and them letting me know they had been in town since the night before and that they'd be there no later than 3 PM). They showed up without an extension cord for the violinist's speaker and the DJ had no lights (how does a DJ not bring lights?). We had to rush around last minute to accommodate them. On top of this, the violinist then helped himself to the food for the guests and beers and wine from the bar all night (after being told vendors can have soft drinks). All of this was quite stressful and created tension between the hotel, myself and the duo - the very reason why I want to work with my "go-to" team as I know that they will be on time, fully prepared and professional throughout.
    I am not making more money off of the vendors (not sure why you would feel that way). If you remember, I was making suggestions on how to save money (ie switching to round tables from the hotel, using the hotel's chairs instead of paying for the chairs to come in from the rentals in San Jose). If I was making money off of the rentals, why would I be suggesting to not use them? I was trying to help save you money as the budget was a concern, especially since the wedding went from the original guest list of 20 to 34 people.
    A wedding is only as good as the various people coming together to make it happen (florists, rentals, cake maker, musicians, DJ, food) and we have one chance to make it as perfect as possible. I've had negative experiences 9 times out of 10 with unknown vendors hired by the clients and there are certain vendors I will not consider working with due to them not meeting my standards in prior occasions (ie drinking whilst working, showing up late, not being prepared, equipment/products/services below par). This is why I want to work with my team - I know I don't have to worry about them and that they will bring their A+ game.
    As I explained about the cost of the lights when you asked, that is standard pricing here for a room that size. The bulk of the cost is the manpower, as it takes a team of two men upwards of 4 hours to install and then take them down (they have to string fishing lines and then hang the lights since no tacking or nails allowed in the walls or ceiling). And yes, the lights are imported as are other electrical items since Costa Rica is a small country and we do not have factories that produce those items. There are cheaper lights here imported from China but the lighting people bring a higher quality of lights in from the USA (which are unavailable here).
    Re: the hotel had a wedding in the same space the day before your wedding, so it wasn't possible to do a walkthrough. I had sent the timeline to the hotel two weeks beforehand (with the rehearsal time noted) but nothing was said to me about the conflict. I do not know the hotel's event schedule since I don't work there. If you recall, you wrote me about the other wedding the morning of the rehearsal at almost 10 AM and that was the first I heard about it. I was still in San Jose (a three or more hour drive, depending on traffic) and had been planning to meet you at 4 PM so it was impossible for me to meet earlier.
    We had discussed how you'd wanted the room set up and we did so, working with the space and where best to set up the DJ. With only 4 guest tables (and a sweetheart) there was a fair amount of space to dance. My apologies if it wasn't as you'd anticipated.
    Payment was sent on March 13 (3 weeks before the wedding). Since that date, we had, at minimum, 47 emails between us so I'm baffled as to why you felt that communication stopped.
    In January and early February, I had two large, 3-day events so there was a lag in answering emails but once I was done, I was able to answer promptly and ask you follow up questions.
    Looking back on our correspondence, the tone was no different, just some of the emails were simply asking or answering a question without embellishment or I was on my cell phone. There was definitely no "snippy" tone on my end intended.
    We'd given you a much lower rate than our regular fees, as the wedding was going to be around 20 people and the groom was local. We worked with you on options to help give the look you wanted with an eye to keep the budget down. Thanks to my long-standing relationship with the hotel, you saved almost $2000 in fees. They charge $100 per vendor to direct clients and other planners - that alone saved $700 for you plus $150 in fees for table and linen rentals they waived plus a lower site fee. They also gave you 3 nights of free accommodation in a suite (rack rate over $2200), even though you didn't have a room block, because our clients get preferential treatment. Working with me saved you money with the hotel as well as the many suggestions I made throughout the planning process for decor, food, drink, etc.
    Megan, the wedding day went off beautifully (even the weather cooperated), you were beautiful, everyone had a lovely time and many of your guests complimented me on the event so this all comes as a shock to me. I am so very sad to hear that you didn't enjoy working with me as I truly had no idea throughout all the months we planned your lovely wedding.