Weddings Costa Rica Reviews

15 | Heredia, CR

15 Reviews for Weddings Costa Rica

Alex · Married on 03/20/2017

Larissa and her team are absolutely incredible, and working with them was so easy from beginning to end. Larissa has an incredible ability to take your vision of and ideas for your wedding day, as described over the phone and through shared Pinterest boards, and pull every detail together to make it a dream come true. She is extremely responsive to questions, even many months before the wedding date but especially as your wedding day approaches.

Her work with decor is breathtaking, and not a single detail is overlooked. Not only that, but she connected me with some of the most amazing vendors including hair/makeup stylist, caterer, cake & dessert, musicians & DJ, florist, photographer, and rentals. I wish I could plan another event just so that I could continue to work with Larissa and see what she will deliver!

Sent on 03/29/2017

Weddings Costa Rica's reply:

Wow, Alex! Thank you thank you thank you!! Talk about a dream client - and a fellow dog lover :) I'd love to have another event together as it's just too much fun working with you. Big hugs to you and Pete - it was a really touching and beautiful celebration.

cayley · Married on 02/15/2017

I can't say enough great things about Larissa and her team! Anyone looking to get married in Costa Rica will be in great hands with Weddings CR. Larissa was able to take everything we imagined for our special day and surpass our expectations. She was always prompt to respond, and very professional. I just want to thank everyone at Weddings CR for all your hard work!! We couldn't of been happier with how things turned out

Sent on 03/07/2017

Weddings Costa Rica's reply:

Cayley, thank you so much!!!! It was a stunning wedding and those chairs really are spectacular (totally worth booking the venue for ;). It was so much fun working with you and when you and Travis come down again, we have to get together!!!

Megan · Married on 01/20/2017

Weddings Costa RIca was the best decision I ever made besides saying I do of course! They were so personable and you would never know you aren't the only bride they are working for. They were able to make my dream wedding come to life and with almost no help from myself. This team will assist you with everything you need to plan an amazing destination wedding and they even assist all your guest. I don't think 5 stars is enough! ????????????

Sent on 02/10/2017

Weddings Costa Rica's reply:

Wow, Megan- MIL GRACIAS! What a fabulous time the team and I had working with you (and your mom is just the sweetest). Thank you so much again for trusting us with your celebration and here's to many happy and fun-filled years in Club Wed ;)

Leah · Married on 10/28/2016

I have nothing bad to say!!! And my wedding was beyond amazing...Larissa made all my wedding day dreams come to life. Her and everyone that she recommended were helpful, friendly, -and truly talented!!!

Sent on 11/04/2016

Weddings Costa Rica's reply:

Thanks so much, Leah! It was a fabulous wedding and I had a great time working with you! Big thanks to you and T and many years of happiness!!

Kristen · Married on 07/02/2016

Don't try to do it by yourself, Weddings Costa Rica, Larissa, in particular, was worth EVERY SINGLE DOLLAR SPENT!!! She really made our dream wedding come true, I cannot believe how perfect it really was! Everyone was telling me horror stories about mishaps on their wedding days...we did not have a single one or she did a fabulous job hiding it from me!! Again, when planning a wedding, especially out of the country, do yourself a favor and hire a wedding planner, they make it soooo much easier!!!

Sent on 08/10/2016

Weddings Costa Rica's reply:

Aw, Kristen, THANK YOU!!! I'm beyond thrilled you're so happy and what an incredible wedding it was!! And truly, things went smooth as silk as working with you was a dream :)

Aubrie · Married on 04/16/2016

I highly recommend Larissa and her team at Weddings Costa Rica. I was planning my wedding in Costa Rica from California while working and finishing grad school (stressful!). Larissa made this process stress-free and easy. No one could believe that I was planning my destination wedding through emails and Skype calls. I could not have done it without Weddings Costa Rica helping me along the way. Also, what sold me on this company was how Larissa understood my vision from the very first moment and really made an effort to include those little details that made our wedding so magical, memorable, and beautiful. Guests told us over and over again that ours was the best wedding they've ever been to, and I could not have done it without the help of WCR!

Sent on 05/22/2016

Weddings Costa Rica's reply:

Thanks so much, Aubrie! Your wedding was so beautiful and I loved your vision. So wonderful to see it come together so perfectly - even the weather was a dream!

brittney · Married on 03/12/2016

We can not thank Larissa enough for the amazing job she and her team did for our wedding. It was truly more beautiful than we even imagined was possible! Larissa made the whole process as stress free as it could be. From our very first call with her I knew she understood our "vision" and she did not disappoint. From helping us select a venue (hand picked 8 different venues all over Costa Rica and personally met us at Zephyr Palace, the place we ended up choosing), to designing our wedding website, answering millions of questions, helping our guests with travel, and ultimately being there day of to calm everyone's nerves, Larissa delivered above & beyond. She collaborated with us on every detail of the wedding, never losing sight of the ultimate "feel and look" we wanted to achieve. She recommended an amazing band and photographer that made everything true perfection and even helped my fiancé organize some fireworks as a surprise to everyone.. Larissa dealt directly with all the vendors making it seamless for me (living in the U.S. and not speaking Spanish). I can not thank Larissa enough for everything she did to make our dream wedding become a reality. We would 1000% recommend her services to anyone who is looking for a caring, dependable, creative wedding planner. Xoxox the Jacobs

Sent on 05/24/2016

Weddings Costa Rica's reply:

Wow, thank you Brittney! It was an absolute delight working with you Mark! Such a gorgeous wedding and too much fun! I've never had Jersey Girl performed as a processional before ;) Big hugs to you and Mark!!

Heather · Married on 11/21/2015

You are crazy if you try and do this on your own! Larissa is the Rock Star of Wedding Planners!! This was more than just your average wedding and all of our guests walked away including ourselves with the most memorable experience. EVER. Larissa is ridiculously intuitive which is beneficial when you can't deal with the Pandora's Box of family and guests. The only thing Larissa is missing is a cape and leotard with her initials on her chest warding off any potential upsetting details with her Wedding Planning superpowers so the Groom and myself could have a spectacular time and at the same time we were completely oblivious to wedding drama she was handling. Larissa, Thank you so much for the most spectacular time and the guests LOVED you as well and everyone young and old all walked away amazed and I still hear "Wow Best Wedding Ever". I would do it again but that would mean I would have to get divorced first ;)

Sent on 05/29/2016

Weddings Costa Rica's reply:

Holy Cats, Heather! I feel like a Kabow! Shazam! is in order after this super duper amazing review!! You are the cat's meow - gracias!!! Seriously - this wedding was off the chain. Too. much. fun!! Thank you so much. How about we do this again in 10 years and then 20 years and then 30 years for your anniversary, as I know you two are in this for the long haul ;)

Minnie · Married on 11/14/2015

Larissa and her team were great! I live in Florida and we did everything through email and Skype. My husband and I trusted Larissa 100% on how we wanted our wedding to look like and feel. Everything came out perfect and all our guests said it was the best wedding they had ever gone to! Can wait to renew our vows in 50 yrs :)

Sent on 05/27/2016

Weddings Costa Rica's reply:

Thank you soooo much, Minnie! You were so fun to work with and wow, those photos! Mil gracias for your lovely review :)

Sandy · Married on 08/01/2015

It has been exactly one year since my destination wedding in Costa Rica and not a day has gone by that I haven't caught myself daydreaming of being back and doing it all over again (my guests too!). Larissa asked me to describe my wedding in 5 words and my response was "the party of my life!" And that was what she and her Weddings Costa Rica team graciously provided. The ceremony was perfect. The reception was epic. Of course the months leading up to the main event had some major bumps. Larissa kept her patience and poise and kept me from freaking out on numerous occasions. I cannot wait to see her when we revisit. She is the epitome of the Pura Vida lifestyle.

Sent on 08/01/2016

Weddings Costa Rica's reply:

EPIC - that's the only word for your wedding (and the goodbye at the end of the night). You set the bar very high for the FUN factor that will be the benchmark for many years to come. You and Rommel know how to put the "vida" in Pura Vida ;)

Stephanie · Married on 04/09/2015

Wedding date: April 9th 2015
    My husband & I decided over the summer of 2014 that we wanted to get married in Costa Rica. We had heard amazing things about it but neither of us had ever been there.
    We started looking into all-inclusive wedding packages at resorts but really didn't find much. As we looked online, we saw great reviews for Weddings Costa Rica/Larissa Banting. We reached out to Larissa in July 2014 to see if it would be in any way possible to plan a wedding in 8 or 9 months and she said of course!
    We filled out a form which let her know our budget, approximate number of wedding guests, wedding color ideas, a little bit about ourselves, likes & dislikes when it came to designs, atmosphere, etc.
    Larissa was able to take that initial information & sent us a breakdown of how our budget would be spent as well as ideas for decorations, table settings, options for venues. She also got us in touch with travel agents who were able to block rooms for our guests at 3 different hotels for every price range!
    Since we didn't have any plan or direction before meeting Larissa, she was able to really help us narrow down the details, from the big decisions to the small ones that we didn't even think of! Larissa was always quick to respond to any email or phone call. I should also mention that because my father was paying for most of the wedding, she spoke with him a lot as well. He had a ton of questions (more than me & my husband did, lol) & Larissa was incredibly patient in answering all our questions and making it an easy planning experience. What could've been really stressful ended up as an enjoyable experience which ran smoothly from beginning to end! When we got to Costa Rica, we were able to enjoy ourselves & the time we had with our friends and family, knowing that the wedding ceremony and reception was in good hands. Larissa did a great job in every aspect and we are truly so thankful that we were able to work with her!

Sent on 04/02/2016

Weddings Costa Rica's reply:

Thank you so much, Stephanie! It was such a fun wedding and enjoyed working with you (and your dad ;).

Melissa · Married on 11/29/2014

I cannot say enough good things about Larissa (owner) and her Wedding Costa Rica Team. My husband and I decided to have our destination wedding in Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica, I've never been there before. Larissa was always available via email (I always got almost immediate responses) and also via Skype. she coordinated all the vendors and everyone, from the flowers, cake, DJ, hair and makeup, everyone was outstanding. My wedding was better than the wedding of my dreams, thanks to Weddings Costa Rica.

Sent on 12/13/2014

Weddings Costa Rica's reply:

Thanks you so much!! It was an absolute pleasure to work with you on creating such an amazing celebration!

Lindsy · Married on 05/11/2016

This was a wonderful and very professional team to work with. They made my wedding day and all the planning far easier and less stressful than I anticipated.

Sent on 05/31/2016

Weddings Costa Rica's reply:

Thanks so much, Lindsy! All of us had so much fun on your day (you are hilariously funny!) and it was such a pleasure to work with you.

Weddings Costa Rica/ Larissa is great especially if you don't speak Spanish and planning a wedding in CR. She can help and hire vendors under her umbrella so that you don't have to be liable for them. She's easily accessible by skype or email. My experience has been great and will highly recommend her!

Sent on 05/20/2016

Weddings Costa Rica's reply:

Thank you so much and very happy we made your day a great one!

If Costa Rica is your ideal Wedding destination, Larissa and her team can make it happen! They stayed within our budget and put it all together in our short time frame. It was painless for me and I was able to trust their expertise. I am so thankful!

Sent on 05/19/2016

Weddings Costa Rica's reply:

We are so thankful for your lovely review and that it was a great experience for you! Mil gracias :)