74 Reviews for Weddings by Larissa

No Denomination (13)
Interfaith Ceremony (1)
Agnostic (1)
74 Weddings by Larissa Reviews

Larissa was thoughtful, funny, and such a pleasure to be around. The ceremony was perfect thanks to this beautiful person!

Profile Picture Roza, 5/26/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

We just tied the knot on November 12, 2017 and could not recommend Larissa more. Everything about wedding planning and the day of is hectic but every experience we had with Larissa was lovely. Our ceremony was personal and really reflected who we are! our guests were saying they wanted to get married again just so Larissa could officiate! Our ceremony was funny, lighthearted yet meaningful and sentimental, exactly as we requested. Larissa was beyond personable, friendly and super responsive. I really felt like she put thought and heart into our ceremony. She even recommended a place for us to stay on our honeymoon in England and it was by far one of our favorite parts of the trip!! Ceremony and honeymoon planning in one!! We really look back on our ceremony as our favorite part of the day and we can't thank her enough for that!! She was even thoughtful enough to step out of the way during our first kiss and parts of the ceremony so it was only us in the shots and they came out amazing. She was flexible and put us at ease throughout the entire process. Ultimately your ceremony is the most important part of the day and ours was perfect and we never felt worried about it, we cant recommend her enough!

Profile Picture Emily, 11/12/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: No Denomination, Customized Vows, Licensed

A zillion stars for Larissa...I am the mom of the bride. Our daughters wedding was last week, and people are still talking about how SPECIAL the ceremony was, which was because of Larissa. She made the service personal, sensitive, funny and intimate, having spent time learning about the bride and groom and putting together a beautiful and meaningful ceremony. Her amazing patience, support and personal touch were top notch. The ceremony had laughter, happy tears, funny stories and touching moments. From the start, she was so easy to work with, and she really got to know the bride and groom, which made the ceremony just beautiful and heart-felt. I can't say enough about her. We were told by our guests that the service was one of the most special they had witnessed, which set off for a wonderful night of celebration. Thank you Larissa....everything was exactly as the kids had hoped for...and being the "mom" - I am grateful.

Profile Picture Jill, 10/8/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Non-religious, No Denomination, Customized Vows, Licensed

Larissa crafted the most moving and beautiful ceremony we'd ever heard...and we couldn't have had a better time collaborating with her! She encapsulated the essence of both of us in a charming, heartfelt ceremony. She is so lovely, and she officiated with such warmth, humor and grace, all of the attendees fell in love with her as much as we did! Everyone said it was the most moving wedding they'd been to. We wish we could marry again to work with her again!

Profile Picture Joanna, 10/7/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

I'd like to share the email that my new husband and I wrote to Larissa right after we returned from our honeymoon:

Hi Larissa,

Now that the wedding craziness has died down a bit (we just got back from Montauk, back to the real world now), we just wanted to reach out and say thank you from the bottom of our hearts for making our wedding what it was. We could not be more grateful for your talent in helping us put ourselves out there (however embarrassing it might have been with my snort crying) but I know that everyone was truly touched and that it felt personal and intimate, which is exactly what we wanted. Working with you has been such a pleasure and we really could not have pulled this off without you, so thank you, thank you, from the bottom of our hearts.

Sincerely,

Lindsay and Chris

...and we meant every word!

Profile Picture Lindsay, 9/23/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

We are thrilled to have chosen Larissa to officiate our wedding! Larissa was exceptional from start to finish and her sincerity, professionalism and warmth shone through right from our first conversation. She was very easy to work with and helped us to tailor a ceremony that was special and unique. As Australians holding our destination wedding in New York, we really appreciated that she was available to chat via skype. She alleviated any fears we had about holding our ceremony overseas, and we knew exactly what to expect and prepare before we arrived. It was all very simple and stress free. We have Larissa to thank for setting the tone for a beautiful occasion that we will always treasure. On our wedding day we shared a few laughs and shed a few tears, it was just perfect. Now 6 months on we still talk about our incredible officiant and how touching our elopement was due to her. Larissa, in the middle of busy NYC you made us feel like we were the only two people in the world! Thank you, we are forever grateful.

Profile Picture Natasha, 8/16/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Larissa was absolutely fantastic, and made mine and my fiancée's wedding dream days come true. We were seeking a very small ceremony with just our parents in Central Park, and Larissa guided us through the ceremony and planning with ease and expertise, and spent lots of time preparing with us so that it was tailored to exactly what we were looking for. Throughout Larissa was communicative and supportive. The ceremony itself was wonderful, and was everything we hoped for and more!

Profile Picture Ericm, 8/12/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Larissa was wonderful to work with. She is so genuine and was truly excited for our big day. She provided us with a detailed outline, and some examples to reference, that we were welcome to alter/customize until we were happy. On the day, she engaged with our family members, and made sure everyone knew their role within their ceremony. She also submitted the final paperwork, and we recieved the final certificate in the mail within two weeks.

Profile Picture Navita, 7/16/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Thank you so much Larissa!!! You were amazing! Everybody, all the guests, said it was the best ceremony they have ever been to!

One couple said it was better than their son's, who got married a month ago!! People couldn't believe that you made it so personal and told all these great stories and had not only us, but others crying!

We couldn't be happier!! It was incredible! The perfect ceremony! I loved it and so happy we met!! I'll remember forever how beautiful it was!!

Profile Picture Natalie, 6/24/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Officiant

We loved Larissa from the first! Absolutely a delight to speak and work with. Our wedding date was fast approaching (35 days) and Larissa was so efficient and friendly we felt no stress. Lovely and charming

Profile Picture Jill, 6/18/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Larissa was the perfect officiant for our wedding. We highly recommend her. She was professional and helpful throughout the process. She set the exact tone for our ceremony that we wanted. She is very sweet and it comes across in her ceremonies. Everyone loved the ceremony and felt very moved by it due to Larissa's presentation of our story and her guidance for our the ceremony structure and vows.

Profile Picture Jessica, 6/10/17, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Agnostic, Non-religious

Well I don't know what to say about Larissa, other than the fact she is AMAZING!!! From the get go she was so involved, and helpful. As we were getting married in New York but from the UK, Larissa gave us all the extra info we needed for the difference in cultures and what we needed to do to get our license etc. She checked in with us regularly and we feel like we really got to know Larissa during this time.
A few months before the big day she sent us a questionnaire which she used to create such a personal and beautiful ceremony. On the day she arrived extra early and really got stuck in helping my husband and family set up the venue to make the wedding perfect.
I've never had any regrets choosing Larissa and I really hope we stay in touch as she's such an amazing person and so passionate about being a celebrant!
Thank you, Larissa!! James & Yasmin

Profile Picture Yasmin, 5/15/17, 1 Review
Services Used: No Denomination, Non-religious, Customized Vows, Licensed

Larissa officiated our wedding this past May in NYC. She was super down to earth and we felt like we knew her for years after our first phone call. She wrote our ceremony exactly how we wanted it. It was personal and reached our family and friends in special way. She gave great suggestions on details we never would have thought of.

Just two days before the wedding, the weather forecast called for heavy rain and wind! We had to change our outdoor location and time last minute, and Larissa went along with the changes with no problem.

With all the stresses of wedding planning, Larissa definitely made our lives easier!

Profile Picture Kristin, 5/13/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

My husband and I found Larissa more than a year ago when we were looking for wedding officiants. We are both physicians and had such limited time to plan a wedding. Larissa was an amazing officiant!!! She was in contact with us for many months prior to the wedding, and her questionnaire allowed her to get to know us very intimately. My husband and I got married almost 2 months ago...after the ceremony and for days after, everyone we knew talked about how amazing Larissa was, and how beautiful she made the ceremony. They could not believe that she met us in person for the first time on our wedding day!!!! She truly made our wedding day special. People were in tears during the ceremony and they are still talking about her now.

We highly recommend her as your officiant! You will not regret it.

Profile Picture Sushmitha, 4/29/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Non-religious, No Denomination, Licensed

My husband and I found Larissa through a fabulous recommendation from my coworker. We are so happy we found her! From her responsiveness to her effort put it in to our personalized ceremony, Larissa was a true professional and made the wedding process a lot less stressful. Her creative touch really made an impact on us and our guests. After our ceremony our guests could not stop raving about her. We were beyond happy and would recommend Larissa to anyone! Thank you Larissa!

Profile Picture Kate, 3/25/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Great communication before the ceremony, and took time to get to know about us so the ceremony could be personalised for us. On the day Larissa was very accommodating and she made me and my partner feel very relaxed and conducted a beautiful, intimate and caring ceremony. Would highly recommend Larissa to anyone planning an elopement or wedding ceremony! Thank you so much for everything :)

Profile Picture User7552199, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Working with Larissa on our vows, the structure of our ceremony, and then on the day was great. She was receptive to our ideas and helped make the day just how we wanted. Thanks Larissa!

Profile Picture Matthew, 10/8/16, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Larissa was an amazing Wedding Officiant! She was extremely professional and responsive from the start :) Her kindness and sincerity were wonderful during the stressful period of wedding planning. I felt like I had known her for years or something. The ceremony was just beautiful, real and genuine. You can tell she really connects with you and that is very important to a bride and groom. She was was so accommodating with our requests for content and style. I would highly recommend Larissa for your wedding ceremony!

Profile Picture Katie, 10/7/16, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Larissa helped my fiancé and I plan all aspects of our wedding including writing our own vows, finding a musician and completing all the legal paperwork. She tailored the service to our wishes, conducted it with humour and style and was a big part of our day.

Profile Picture Paul, 9/22/16, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

We're from the UK & married in NYC in Central Park. Larissa has been excellent through out the entire process. She has guided & supported us & made it all very easy. We had the wedding I could only dream of. Larissa tailored our ceremony to our exact wishes & we had the perfect ceremony for our perfect day. It's been a pleasure getting to know her. I can not recommend Weddings by Larissa highly enough.

Profile Picture Julie, 9/22/16, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Larissa performed our wedding ceremony in September 2016 and we could not be happier. From the very beginning, Larissa was warm, flexible and understanding. She showed great patience and professionalism and worked hard to give us the wedding ceremony we wanted. We would highly recommend Larissa to your our friends and family.

Profile Picture User7285227, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Best day ever! Larissa was so great in officiating the most important event of our lives. She learned about the Sofreh Aghd, which is the traditional Persian wedding ceremony; the communication between us and her leading to the wedding was clear and efficient. The ceremony was memorable for everyone involved in the ceremony and for all the attendees. Our guests are still talking about how it conveyed the merging of our two cultures (Persian and Ecuadorian). The ceremony was thoroughly personalized, we shared our story with our guests, thanked our parents, exchanged vows and rings, incorporated the Persian traditions and even had a poem read in Farsi, everything went smoothly and as planned.

We highly recommend Larissa, she is detail oriented, punctual and a pleasure to work with.

Profile Picture Maria, 8/20/16, 2 Reviews
Services Used: No Denomination, Interfaith Ceremony, Customized Vows, Licensed

Larissa was fantastic for us. She made us feel completely at ease during the ceremony, and gave us the exact ceremony we wanted. She worked to customize our cross-cultural ceremony for us. We got a lot of praise from guests at the reception with the ceremony. Would highly recommend.

Profile Picture Nilay, 7/9/16, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Larissa was wonderful to deal with and put us at ease while planning our wedding from New Zealand. We had regular e-mail correspondence from her plus a few Skype chats which made meeting her for the first time so much easier. Our wedding ceremony was just what we wanted (very personal) and our day couldn't have been more perfect. We would highly recommend Larissa to give you a day to remember.

Profile Picture Caroline, 6/20/16, 1 Review