Weddings by Larissa Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2015 Winner

• Stephanie
    Stephanie C. Married on 06/07/2022

Look no further!

Larissa is the BEST in the buisness! Because of COVID, my (now) husband and I had to move our large wedding to next year but we still wanted to get married this year. We had to change ceremony locations 4 to 5 times because of new restrictions and Larissa was there every step of the way! We didn't have a plan until 10 days before the wedding and Larissa was able to put togther an AMAZING ceremony with little time! She was even willing to lend me her garden for our ceremony that goes to show how understanding and kind she is. I can go on for hours about Larissa! I have to say my husband and I spoke to 6-7 officiants before her and none of them compared to her! She is amazing and felt like family! Make sure to book her now!

Weddings by Larissa's reply:

Thank you Stephanie! I loved working with you and I wish you both so much happiness. I will always think of you when confetti is thrown :)
    Julie S. Married on 05/20/2022

What a wonderful woman!

Larissa was the perfect officiant for our elopement ceremony in Central Park this week.
    She was everything we had hoped for and more and we felt like we had known her for years, not just a few minutes.
    She was the perfect blend of professionalism mixed with a calming nature and a bubbly personality, she made us feel at ease.
    We were so delighted to have been married by a fellow Brit and it was a privilege to have her perform our ceremony, I just wish we had the chance to hang out for longer with her.
    Thank you Larissa for conducting our perfect ceremony.

Mrs Sutcliffe!
    Thank you for the lovely review. I felt like I knew you forever too!! And thanks for the photos! I hope you have a safe trip home to the motherland and the feet didn’t hurt too much! With love, Larissa
    Julia Married on 04/17/2022

Amazing officiant!!! Kind, responsive and professional

We found Larissa after deciding to not use someone we personally knew to officiate our wedding. We were so happy with the beautiful and thoughtful speech she prepared and with the vows she helped us work through. We were pretty clueless but she help guide us through the whole process, was responsive and professional and made our ceremony that much more special. We got so much good feedback on her from our party as well! Would definitely recommend her as an officiant if you want a wonderful and memorable ceremony!

Weddings by Larissa's reply:

J&J! Thank you!! So fun working with you guys and will always think of you when wearing my nod to Arizona jewelry!! So glad you had a lovely honeymoon in Gorgeous Belize! See you in the hood! X
  • Marina
    Marina Married on 04/15/2022

UK couple recommend wonderful Larissa

It was an absolute pleasure to have Larissa as our celebrant. She brought such positive and calming energy to the day, and was a dream to communicate with in the run up. The ceremony itself ended up being our favourite part of the day, because Larissa made sure it was totally 'us', it felt personal and special and all our attendees said how much they enjoyed it too. Thank you Larissa for looking after two fellow Brits! We'll cherish that day forever.

Weddings by Larissa's reply:

Thank you Marina! I really enjoyed your wedding and everything about it! Especially all your glamorous guests! Have a happy life together and congratulations again! Larissa x
    Asha Married on 04/08/2022

Perfect ceremony!

While our original plans involved getting married at city hall, we ultimately decided we wanted a more personalized ceremony. This is where Larissa came in and we couldn’t be happier! From getting to know us and filling out a questionnaire, Larissa created a beautiful, meaningful and intimate ceremony for us on the Hoboken waterfront (with the NYC skyline behind us!). She brought awesome energy to our special day. It felt like we’d known her forever and she immediately put us at ease! Larissa is super responsive, flexible, and just generally a joy to work with. 100% recommend for any type of wedding - large or small. Thank you Larissa!

Weddings by Larissa's reply:

Thank you Asha and J! I loved your micro wedding and all weddings should be personalized like yours! You were great to work with so writing your story was so easy for me and I loved that location, can't wait to see the pictures. Thanks for the Montreal advice, I can't wait to go now. All the best to you both and thank you again to your awesome witnesses! Larissa
    Vi & J. Married on 04/05/2022

Modern & Personable Officiant - Highly Recommend

We very much appreciated Larissa as our officiant as she was extremely prompt with her responses, flexible & authentic!

Larissa was very easy to communicate with and personable. She took our low key vibe and provided a thoughtful and succinct ceremony to match what we wanted.

Would definitely recommend Larissa as a modern, personable and warm officiant!

Weddings by Larissa's reply:

Thank you guys! I really enjoyed officiating your "socially distant" wedding last week and I am so happy that you guys found each other! Your guests were awesome too! All the best, Larissa
  • Heather
    Heather J. Married on 04/03/2022

Intimate heartfelt officiant

Larissa was our officiant in our micro-wedding in NYC and she did a beautiful job capturing all of the moments in our lives with the words that she spoke. She was very pro-active throughout the whole process and provided us great feedback concerning our vows and ring exchange. During the ceremony, she was able to elicit so many emotions with us and even our guests. We were laughing and smiling at one point and crying happy tears with the words that she spoke. My mother, especially, kept complimenting how amazing she did and even days later keeps talking about how great of a person she is. At the end of all this, we felt like she was a close friend marrying us as she took the time to get to know us as a couple. Thank you so much! - Heather

Weddings by Larissa's reply:

Heather and V! ! Thank you for the lovely review. Ah, your mom, lovely lady and I hope to see her in the hood! It was great working with you both, and such a fun ceremony, so sweet and you made it easy by being such an easy going couple. Keep wearing my mum's name well and congrats again! Love Larissa
  • Kacie
    Kacie K. Married on 03/05/2022

Look no further if you want the perfect celebrant

From the first time we spoke with Larissa we knew she was our top choice for officiant. Her professionalism, kindness, and sheer joy at performing weddings made her a stand out.

Our ceremony was absolutely perfect for us and we got (and are still getting!) so many compliments from our guests. Larissa sends out a survey for the couples to fill out separately, and then incorporates those little anecdotes and ceremony requests seamlessly into the perfect ceremony. She really took into account what kind of ceremony we were looking for, and what we wanted our overall vibe to be. We wanted our ceremony to be short, sweet, and lighthearted, and that's exactly what we got. But, with how detailed the survey was and how much feedback she solicited from us, we're confident that she could perform any kind of ceremony and have it feel like it was her specialty. It felt like our ceremony was truly what we envisioned, and not just some boilerplate ceremony that she performs the same for every couple. The ceremony was warm, short, and had a few jokes written it. It made us feel so comfortable knowing that we were able to read her script beforehand so that we could help tailor it to be exactly what we wanted, with no surprises!

On the day of, all of our guests and wedding party loved chatting with her, and were surprised that she was someone we found online!

We cannot recommend Larissa enough!

Hi Katie and B!
    I hope your honeymoon in Hawaii was fantastic, I thought of you guys a lot. Working with you both was a dream for me as an officiant, you were wonderful to collaborate with and I enjoyed every minute. I hope my further 2022 couples are as fabulous! I wish you both so much happiness. I hope your parents had a fun time in England! With love, Larissa
    A. Jaffe Married on 02/04/2022

Professional, efficient, clear instructions all with a human touch

Larissa responded promptly to emails, explained the process and our options, and was flexible - centering what we wanted the ceremony to be like. Larissa also explained the form, the signatures, and the paperwork without losing joy and conveying happiness for us on our special day.

Weddings by Larissa's reply:

Thanks E and A. It was such a lovely last minute ceremony and with the sun shining as it was (look at today!) it couldn't have been more perfect. I'm really happy for you both!
    Emma M. Married on 01/29/2022

Perfect experience

Thanks so much to Larissa, who delivered the perfect ceremony for us. I spoke with many officiants and knew straight away that Larissa was the one! She made our small rooftop elopement exactly what we wanted, was incredibly professional and timely - and just generally instilled confidence at every stage. Highly recommend!!

Weddings by Larissa's reply:

E and S! Thank you! First review of 2022 :)
    I really enjoyed working with you both, it was such a beautiful day yesterday, how lucky were you with the weather??! I wish you both so much happiness and again congratulations and best of luck in July, I will be thinking of you (and wishing I could officiate again!! :)
  • Monica
    Monica J. Married on 01/04/2022

Ceremony perfection

Larissa worked with us through 2 covid-postponed weddings and countless iterations to accommodate my picky notes and feedback in order to craft the ceremony perfect for us.

In addition to incorporating stories from both me and my (now) husband, Larissa added her own recommendations and ideas to make the ceremony so personal and meaningful for us. I especially loved her recommendation to have our mothers hold on to our wedding bands and offer them to us during the ceremony. Such a lovely way to include them in our special moment. The suggested language for our ring exchanges was also perfect.

We got LOTS of feedback from guests on just how perfect the ceremony was, and much of this is due thanks to Larissa.

Weddings by Larissa's reply:

Thank you Monica! I was so thrilled it finally happened for you guys! You were a dream couple to work with! With love Larissa
  • Eva
    Eva Married on 12/17/2021

100% Recommend for NYC Elopements & Ceremonies

Larissa officiated our last minute elopement in NYC. With less than one week's notice, Larissa pulled out all the stops to make sure our ceremony was special. She was very professional, and detail orientated. She prepared a very personal and entertaining script. She has a wonderful way with words. She also has a fantastic way of gauging both the couple/audience and setting the right tone to make each ceremony unique and special. We would 100% recommend Larissa to anyone looking to get married in New York.
  • Wesley
    Wesley L. Married on 12/04/2021

Larissa is amazing!!

Larissa wrote a beautiful ceremony for our wedding. On the wedding day over half of our guests got stuck in traffic and a 15 minute ride turned into an hour and 15 minutes. Larissa was so flexible and supported my decision to go on with the ceremony as planned. She cut it down to 15 minutes and it was perfect! Many people commented about how personal it was.

Weddings by Larissa's reply:

HI Wesley, thank you for taking time out from your honeymoon to write this review. It was my pleasure working with you both and yes, although we had to cut back most of what was written I am so happy you (and your guests) loved what we delivered on the day and that your guests did get to be there for it! You were grace under pressure for sure, it was a beautiful day and ceremony and I hope you have a fantastic honeymoon! I'm very envious :) Love Larissa
  • Leah
    Leah D. Married on 11/26/2021

A pleasure to work with

Larissa coached my husband and I through the entire process with grace, patience and humor. She made our wedding day feel special and I'm so grateful she was recommended by a friend.

Weddings by Larissa's reply:

Thank you Leah! It was such a pleasure and the highlight of my thanksgiving weekend marrying you to each other and I will always think of you with the ring exchange :)
    Congratulations again to you both, with love, Larissa
  • Elizabeth
    Elizabeth M. Married on 10/14/2021

The MOST beautiful ceremony

We had an offbeat wedding at a record store and Larissa not only accommodated that but was so excited for us and so kind. She made the whole process seamless, was extremely sweet, very responsive and the ceremony itself was absolutely beautiful for us. She was also so easy to work, we would 1000% recommend her for whatever type of wedding you have, whether traditional or unconventional.

Weddings by Larissa's reply:

Thank you Liz!! I really was excited for it, it was such a cool rock n roll vibe wedding and you were both a dream to work with and I really enjoyed the entire experience and I will always think of you guys when I walk past generation records. It was lovely meeting you all, and Luna too :) best wishes for a long and happy life together, Larissa
    Joan Married on 10/03/2021

All We Hoped For and MORE

Working with Larissa for our 50th Vow Renewal was amazing. She captured exactly our sentiments and delivered them beautifully. She is charming, a pleasure to work with and her genuine warmth came through as though she were family. Don't hesitate to work with her. Your ceremony will be all the more memorable.

Weddings by Larissa's reply:

Thank you Joan! Working with YOU was an absolute pleasure, especially with it being a 50th vow renewal. You are both an inspiration to all couples what love, and more importantly a successful relationship should be. I loved every minute of it and congratulations to you both again on such a lovely milestone. And on your actual anniversary too! So special. Much love and here's to 50 more! Much love to you and you're very funny husband!
    Karin C. Married on 10/02/2021

Amazing Officiant

Larissa was our officiant for a micro-wedding. She was absolutely amazing, felt like we were old friends after just a few phone calls. Larissa really took the time to get to know us as a couple and personalize our wedding ceremony. She had a great way with our family and my husband's son, incorporating them in and even surprised us with a reading from my step son! The entire ceremony was just magical and perfect. If you are looking for an officiant, definitely consider Larissa - would recommend her to any soon-to-be-married couple. Thanks Larissa for make our day so special!

Weddings by Larissa's reply:

Hi Karin (and your husband P!) Thank you for this, it was an absolutely memorable ceremony yesterday and one I will remember for a long time. The boat ride was magical, absolutely everything was perfect for you both. I loved your family and it was my pleasure to get your step son to say that beautiful poem as a surprise for his dad! Thank you again for asking me officiate and I wish you both so much happiness. With love to you all, Larissa
  • Sheau-Yan
    Sheau-Yan Married on 09/25/2021

Book Larissa -- 5 star experience!!

We immediately felt at ease with Larissa and could not be happier that we chose her to officiate our wedding! Larissa was the perfect balance of professional, responsible, responsive, down to earth, flexible, and fun! She was wonderful to work with from start to finish. We filled out her survey which helped her personalize our ceremony with our unique story and personalities. Larissa exceeded our expectations and was a crowd pleaser, plus she kept us calm and grounded in the days leading up to the wedding :)

Weddings by Larissa's reply:

Hi Guys! What a lovely surprise to receive this wonderful review! And such great photos! Wow, I loved your wedding, I think of you both whenever I see people sitting on the back of golf carts! Thank you a million times for this great review. I hope to be back at Snug Harbor soon, such a magical spot. Lots of love for a wonderful life ahead as Mr and Mrs!
    Jade R. Married on 09/08/2021

Lovely & charismatic

We found Larissa through another officiant and instantly warmed to her open and friendly nature. She was prompt in answering all our questions and even helped us work around the 3 - 4 month backlog that the NYC City Clerk had in obtaining our marriage licence. In addition, she was flexible in keeping our date open when we were unsure of whether we were able to obtain our licence in time which really helped when planning our wedding.

On the day of the wedding (socially distanced - we had about 5 people attend), she arrived early and her words about us was exactly how we wanted them portrayed; meaningful, not too cheesy, with a little humor thrown in. I would definitely recommend her to other couples who are looking for someone who is able to contribute to your ceremony in a fun and thoughtful manner. Thank you Larissa for making our day special!

Weddings by Larissa's reply:

Thank you so much Jade and R! So much fun officiating my fellow Brits, you guys were a pleasure to work with and best of luck to you both in the months ahead. I wish you a lifetime of happiness! Larissa
    Belce E. Married on 08/25/2021

Wedding Ceremony

We had a lovely day thanks to Larissa. She ran an incredible wedding ceremony. She helped with the location selection, vows and all other details. She was really calming and solved minör problemi easily at the wedding day. We highly recommend her, thank you for your help Larissa!

Hi
    So lovely meeting you both and your international family :)
    I wish you both a lifetime of happiness and thank you for this review!
    With love, Larissa
  • Novelette
    Novelette W. Married on 08/22/2021

Absolutely the only choice!

Though I found Larissa on WeddingWire, I am sad to say that is the only and most important role wedding wire played on my decision on hiring this wonderful human being, my spirit was drawn to her immensely. I met her in person for the first time and it was as if we knew each other for a lifetime. She helped in lacing my corset wedding dress and aided me with finalizing my getting ready for the ceremony. Her help with the whole ordeal was superb up to the point of organizing my music selection with the Dj. As if it was finished we needed a copy of our license for our honeymoon and she was right available to text us a copy to show our resort in Jamaica. If you are looking for a real and down to earth person, Larissa is your last stop, there is no other to do the job. Larissa, my husband and I thank you and appreciate your service wholeheartedly. Novelette and Anthony

HI N and A!
    Thank you for taking the time to write this from your. honeymoon in Jamaica!! It was my pleasure to help you throughout and you were a joy to work with. My best to you both! Larissa
  • Stephanie
    Stephanie P. Married on 07/03/2021

Larissa is the best!

Larissa made our ceremony so special! She was amazing to work with and felt like part of the family by the time the wedding day arrived! Every word of the ceremony was perfect and there wasn't a dry eye among the guests!

Weddings by Larissa's reply:

Thanks Steph, you were awesome to work with and marrying you and writing your story was a real highlight for me as an officiant. I wish you both lots of happiness!
  • Kevin
    Kevin P. Married on 07/01/2021

Huge life saver and highly recommend!

The moment I met with Larissa Martell I immediately sensed a kind and gentle presence from her. Not only was she pleasant to work with but she was also very patient with all the chaos that was going on during our big day due to the the storm that loomed over us. Larissa was very professional and very personable and was extremely helpful in so many ways.

Due to the pandemic city hall is currently closed so the process of obtaining a marriage license is very different from the traditional way. You have to do everything online and once you complete the online portion, you have to print out the marriage license form and bring it on your wedding day.

Unfortunately, I lost it during all the chaos that happened that day and Larissa was able to get a print out in the managers office at the restaurant and proceed with the wedding without a hitch. She walked me through this step by step even after we got married. Larissa was kind enough to email me a PDF file so I would be able to upload it in the New York website and I was informed that I should receive our wedding certificate 4-6 weeks. Because of the pandemic again, everything was back logged and our license was delayed amongst hundreds of people that got married during the pandemic. For me it wouldn’t be such a pressing matter if my wife wasn’t pregnant and I have already added her to my companies insurance which they require proof of marriage within 60 days after I have added my wife. If I had passed my deadline then my wife will not only be removed from my insurance but I would have to back pay my companies insurance and it would have cost me more money than I want to pay. Larissa was very empathetic of my situation and contacted someone from city hall and I was able to obtain our marriage license in a matter of 3 days and upload a digital copy of my marriage certificate to my employers website. Thanks to Larissa, I was able to complete my task before the deadline which is the 1st of September. Highly highly recommend and life saver.

Weddings by Larissa's reply:

Thank you Kevin and thank you for the photos! It was my pleasure, it was all no problem and I was happy I could help when needed. I wish you both lots of happiness! With love, Larissa
  • Alex
    Alex Z. Married on 06/09/2021

Great experience using Larissa's service!

We recently got married having Larissa as our official wedding ceremoniamester. Larissa was recommended to us by our friends who also used her service in online wedding. We were very please with her service and how it all went. To say it was a very unusual experience for us as we used online wedding ceremony where Larissa via Zoom, proceeded with all required and requested procedures. The entire ceremony went smooth, pleasant and memorable for us. Prior ceremony we had number of meetings with Larissa where she patiently explained in very details how it be also answering any questions we had. She had made few suggestions on how it be better done as well as provided us with few samples of ring exchange statements and vows. She was kindly checking on us time to time making sure we be on track with all arrangement we had to make. And finally at the end of it Larissa made that day a very special for us. Despite it all been online it was so real and filled with passion so we felt like Larissa has been present in that room with us at all times.
    Very please with Larissa service all the way and would definitely recommend her service to our friends or anybody who be looking for wedding ceremoniamester these days, either online or in real presence.
    Sincerely
    Alex & Diana

Weddings by Larissa's reply:

Thank you both! What a lovely review and thank you so much for taking such a great effort, I really appreciate it. I wish the absolute best!