Weddings by Larissa Reviews

Weddings by Larissa 4
Weddings by Larissa 5
  • Igor

Igor Liokumovich · Getting married on 11/01/2020

Amazing, Loving, Enthusiastic, Perfect!!

Larissa was an absolute dream to work with. We interviewed many other officiants and were instantly drawn to her energy and charisma. She was so flexible and gave us excellent insights into how to write our own vows. On the night, she was calm and organized and delivered her part beautifully. All night we were receiving compliments on the ceremony and her officiating. Would highly recommend to anyone hoping for a perfect, loving energy at their ceremony!

Sent on 01/12/2020

Kristin · Getting married on 07/10/2020

Talented celebrant, amazing experience

I can't speak highly enough about Larissa! My husband and I got married almost a month ago, and our guests are still talking about how much they loved her. We knew we would enjoy working with her after our introductory call — she was warm, sincere and funny. In the months and weeks leading up to our wedding, she worked with us to craft a ceremony that felt both intimate and light-hearted — one that fit our venue, a small restaurant in Brooklyn. And her delivery! She captured the room with her charisma, and used it to tell our guests about our story. She kept us on task throughout the process, particularly when it came to editing the ceremony and writing our vows, so there were no last-minute stressors. Larissa is so talented, and if you're able to book her for your wedding, consider yourself lucky.

Sent on 11/10/2019

Weddings by Larissa's reply:

Oh my gosh Kristin, what a lovely review, thank you!! Your ceremony was so fun to write because you had such a lovely story and it was my pleasure to help with the vow editing. And please give your parents my best!
    I wish you and Mike lots of happiness!
    Larissa

Patrick Chirico · Married on 12/04/2019

Central Park Wedding

We feel so grateful to have had Larissa as our celebrant on our wedding day. Larissa constructed a beautiful and intimate ceremony beyond what we could have ever imagined, we loved every single moment.

She asked questions of us individually before our wedding and she used our answers to perfectly capture our story and journey together. She also provided space for us to thank those family and friends around us, who have supported us through our journey which was a special moment for us both on our wedding day.

She was also extremely helpful when it came to organising our wedding day. We knew we wanted to get married in Central Park however coming to New York from Australia added a challenge for us. Larissa was able to provide recommendations on locations within Central Park for the ceremony, as well as photographers who could capture our special day, making organising the wedding from Australia a breeze for us!

If you are looking for someone who can create a beautiful and intimate ceremony that perfectly captures the essence of your relationship and journey together, then Larissa is your celebrant, we cannot recommend her highly enough!

Weddings by Larissa 6
    Sent on 12/26/2019

Weddings by Larissa's reply:

Thank you! I'm just seeing this now. I wish you both all the best and thinking of you all in Australia and praying for everyone's safety. You were a delightful couple to work with and get to you and it was my honor to make you husband and wife!

Eliza · Married on 10/26/2019

The perfect fit

Larissa is highly skilled at her craft--she guided us through a process we were clueless about and masterminded a ceremony that was warm, lighthearted, and most importantly, personal. Larissa is very communicative but so efficient that she was able to bring our perfect ceremony to life without much back and forth--a true lifesaver when you are coordinating with multiple vendors. Her presence charmed our guests and made our wedding day!

Sent on 11/18/2019

Weddings by Larissa's reply:

Thank you both! It was such a pleasure working with you and your stunning views were something I will always remember. I hope you had a lovely time in Paris and enjoy married life!
  • Yana

Yana Petrushina · Married on 10/20/2019

The best you can get!

Larissa was amazing! From our first phone conversation I knew we were going to choose her to be our officiant. She was funny, personable and friendly. She really took her time to get to know us and asked us very insightful questions to get our ceremony to be perfect. Her ceremony speech was very loving and touching, especially the part where she included a little something personal for each of our parents. My friends and family keep telling me how beautiful, touching and personal the ceremony was. I would recommend to anyone looking for a beautiful ceremony. Thanks again Larissa!

Sent on 10/29/2019

Hi Yana
    What a lovely surprise and review!! You both were such a pleasure to work with and then officiate! I hope you had a fun honeymoon! My love to you both
    Laris(s) a
  • Azin

Azin Fahimi · Married on 10/11/2019

Amazing presence

Larissa was perfect. She immediately brought a very warm and comforting presence to our ceremony. We couldn’t have been happier with her attention to detail, her thoughtfulness and her inviting warmth. She made us feel at ease so we could focus on what was important. We are so thankful we had the opportunity to have preside over our marriage.

Sent on 10/29/2019

Weddings by Larissa's reply:

Thank you Azin! It was such a beautiful and intimate ceremony, I'm so glad you both loved it. Good luck with all the exciting news coming up :)

Coleen · Married on 09/13/2019

Larissa was lovely!

We thoroughly enjoyed working with and getting to know Larissa. She was warm, professional and put us at ease throughout the entire process. And, at the ceremony, she was an absolutely lovely and inspiring presence!

Sent on 09/29/2019

Laura · Married on 09/07/2019

Most personal ceremony ever!

Larissa was an amazing officiant to work with. She is so sweet, funny and very laid back. It was so fun to fill out her questionnaire (and it actually really helped me write my vows) and from it she created an amazing ceremony that was SO personal, emotional, and funny. The best part was she allowed us to edit it any way we wanted so there was literally no way the ceremony wouldn't be perfect to us. She also helped us with our vows and edited them for us and had them printed out for us for the ceremony. After the wedding was over, we had some issues where we had put the wrong address on the license and she totally took care of it for us. She went above and beyond :) We are so thankful that we found her!!

Sent on 09/11/2019

Hey Laura (and Mike)
    Thank you both for such a lovely review. It was so great working with you both (you more!) and then performing the ceremony. I'm so happy you and your guests all liked it and I wish you both nothing but the best!
    Larissa
  • Stephanie

Stephanie · Married on 08/11/2019

She was amazing!

I can't say enough good things about Larissa! She was absolutely amazing! Our wedding guests would not stop coming up to us saying how beautiful our ceremony was and how they all cried through the whole thing! She made it so personal and perfect for us, I still get chocked up thinking about it. She was so sweet and amazing throughout the whole process, and even calmed me down when we had a moment alone in the bridal suite before the ceremony. She was a such a calming and soothing presence! And the kicker, she emailed us prior to the wedding to randomly make sure we had everything in order, and we had totally forgot to get out marriage license! If it weren't for her sending that reminder we would have had a disaster! I can't thank her enough for everything she did for us! I would recommend her a thousand times over!! :)

Sent on 08/19/2019

Thanks Steph (and Aldo!)
    It was such a pleasure working with you both and a fun and loving ceremony to write. And phew re the license :)
  • Christine

Christine and Johnny · Married on 08/11/2019

Wonderful Officiant! The Best!

We Highly recommend Larissa to officiate your wedding. She is warm, professional, and will customize your ceremony to your preferences. We are glad we had her as part of our special day. Don't hesitate. Call Larissa!

Sent on 11/20/2019

Thanks Christine and Johnny
    It was such a lovely ceremony! It was such a pleasure to work with you both and wow did Jakub do a great job with the photos! All the best to you both, Larissa

Rachel Brizzi · Married on 08/10/2019

Larissa was AMAZING to work with!

Larissa was so wonderful to work with from the first email exchange until the very end! Our ceremony was perfect and better than I could have ever expected! I would highly recommend using her for your wedding - I don't think there is anyone else out there that could have been better!

Sent on 08/15/2019

Weddings by Larissa's reply:

Thanks Rachel and Will, you guys were awesome to work with! The location was just beautiful and I had so much fun writing and then the ceremony itself!
  • Anna

Anna · Married on 06/15/2019

Highly recommended!

We were given Larissa's number by our friend from New York where we intended to elope. We didn't know where to get married so Larissa gave us plenty of places to choose from. She was very accommodating, helping us out all the way, communicating all the time checking how we were. The interview which she had with us couple of weeks before the wedding helped her to create lovely & emotional scenario for the day. She manage to calm us down and create an exceptional atmosphere. We couldn't have chosen better!
    Thank you so much Larissa. Lots of hugs &kisses from Anna & Benoit from Montreal:)

Weddings by Larissa 7
    Sent on 11/05/2019

Weddings by Larissa's reply:

HI! So lovely to hear from you, it's been a wee while! Such a lovely surprise! Thank you so much for the lovely review and I hope you are both well and loving married life!
  • Tom

Tom G · Married on 06/01/2019

The most perfect Officiant we could have ever dreamt of

We can't say enough great things about Larissa. We had spoken to about 4 or 5 different Officiants before speaking with Larissa. Two minutes into the phone call I put my phone on mute, turned around to my fiancé and said "I think we've found our officiant". We were right.

After a great intro call Larissa encouraged us to speak to others before making a decision. We were ready to just say yes, so we pretended to speak to others and then messaged her 4 days later saying we'd decided to go with her (haha, sorry Larissa)!!

From that point on the experience got better and better. She sent a very thorough questionnaire through that not only was used by Larissa to write her portion of the ceremony, but also really helped me with writing my grooms speech. Don't fill this out on a plane though, you'll cry in public.

A few weeks later we received a google doc with the first draft of the ceremony in. It was pretty much perfect. We jumped on a call, which Larissa actually agreed to do while she was on vacation - again, showing her flexibility and obsession with putting couple's first - and ended up with the most perfect ceremony.

On the day, Larissa turned up early, made sure to make us feel as relaxed and at ease as possible before giving a confident and well spoken performance. She also perfectly mixed love, sentiment, family and humor into the ceremony and her delivery was spot on - exactly as we'd hoped for.

One other thing I'd like to point out is something that I didn't notice on the day, but we had a few people mention to us after the ceremony and we've since noticed the impact of what Larissa did in our wedding photography. And that was that during the vows, she actually stepped to the side so she was out of shot and there was clear space between myself and my bride - meaning our photographer was able to take perfectly framed photos of us. Again, I didn't notice this at the time as I was too busy focussing on the whole getting married thing, but many others did notice and it's further testament to Larissa's attention to detail and willingness to put the couple first in every aspect of the pre, during and post wedding experience.

I can't recommend her enough. Thank you Larissa!

Weddings by Larissa 8
    Weddings by Larissa 9
    Sent on 06/29/2019

Weddings by Larissa's reply:

Thank you so much Tom for such a lovely (and long!) review. It was such an honor marrying you to each other! Go England!

Rebecca · Married on 01/27/2019

Wonderful Person, Beautiful Ceremony

Larissa officiated our wedding in January, and we can’t say enough wonderful things about her. She is professional, but also so warm and friendly. Larissa took the time to get to know both of us during the months before the ceremony, which allowed her to make it personal, meaningful, and true to who we are as a couple. Some of our guests thought we had known her for years! On our big day, she had everything taken care of, which allowed us to relax and really enjoy our ceremony. We had three young nieces involved in our ceremony, and Larissa took the time to chat with each of them beforehand to put them at ease (she’s fantastic with children). She also chatted with family and guests—everyone had such nice things to say about her. We highly recommend her, with no reservations whatsoever. She was great!

Sent on 03/09/2019
  • Leslyn

Leslyn · Married on 12/16/2018

More than I could have ever ask for!

I could not recommend Larissa enough. We hired her for a more “elopement” style ceremony, but she didn’t treat us any different than her average client. The ceremony she wrote for us was absolutely beautiful. Not only did it bring tears to my eyes, but it actually made my “baby” brother cry (which was extremely unexpected)! I could not be more grateful for everything Larissa did for us. She was always so kind, and patient when it came to any questions, or waiting for responses from our end... I would recommend her 1000000 times over. You will NOT regret working with her!

Sent on 12/19/2018

Weddings by Larissa's reply:

Thank you Leslyn! What a pleasure it was working with you both and I wish you lots of happiness. And Merry Christmas!

Lauren Mckeown · Married on 11/20/2018

We are so glad we chose Larissa

From my first email to Larissa I knew I had found the perfect officiant for our NYC wedding. Living in the UK and trying to arrange a wedding abroad can be tasking, but with Larissa to hand to answer any questions, offer advice and give us tips, she was perfect. Very personable and really got to know us as a couple and what we wanted on the day. Our day was PERFECT and Larissa helped us achieve this by being her genuine lovely self. We married at the Top Of The Rock and what an experience it was. Larissa is definitely someone I have already recommended to people and I would tell anyone looking for a friendly, personable, down to earth professional officiant - choose Larissa. It is a day we will never forget and I am glad that this lovely lady was part of it.

Thank you Larissa. Keep being your amazing self.

Lauren & Shaun (Liverpool, UK)

Weddings by Larissa 10
    Weddings by Larissa 11
    Weddings by Larissa 12
    Weddings by Larissa 13
    Sent on 01/18/2019

Weddings by Larissa's reply:

Thank you both for this lovely review. It was such a fun wedding on the TOTR and I'll never forget that excited old lady waving at you! All the best to you both for a lifetime of happiness!

Mary Beth · Married on 11/10/2018

Larissa was one of the high points of our Wedding!

I can't say enough wonderful things about Larissa and her work as our officiant. I am admittedly a control freak, and wanted our ceremony to go a certain way and neither be too short nor too long. She accommodated all my wishes entirely, and by having myself and my husband fill out a detailed survey she was able to come up with lovely words & touches that felt like she had known us for years! She had our attendees laughing and crying (and me and my husband too!) throughout the ceremony. Many people came up to me during our reception to tell me how wonderful they thought she was. I am so happy we chose her to officiate our big day!

Sent on 01/16/2019

Weddings by Larissa's reply:

Thank you Mary Beth, what a lovely review and I thoroughly enjoyed working with you! I'm glad we were able to come up with such a wonderful ceremony. Best wishes to Frank, Larissa
  • O

Olga · Married on 09/28/2018

Working with Larissa was very easy and pleasant. She was responsive to emails and did a great job of writing up the ceremony. It was exactly what we wanted - warm, sentimental and even funny at times.

Sent on 10/06/2018

Miriam Fieldsend · Married on 09/13/2018

Thanks Larissa for being the perfect celebrant!!

Highly recommend Larissa if you are looking for a celebrant for your wedding ceremony. My husband and I recently got married in Central Park at the ‘Treehouse for Dreaming.’ We organised everything from the UK and were so happy to find Larissa who was super helpful and gave us lots of advice and recommendations to make sure we had the perfect day 💖😍!

Sent on 10/16/2018

Jennifer · Married on 09/07/2018

Larissa made our ceremony perfect! We wanted a lighthearted and warm ceremony and Larissa did just that! She was able to add all personal touches and truly make our ceremony unique. She is such a sweetheart and was so easy to work with and very organized. Thank you again Larissa!

Sent on 09/28/2018
  • alexis

alexis · Married on 08/08/2018

With less than a week to plan, Larissa created the most amazing ceremony for us in Central Park. We were very last minute with planning because it was a spur of the moment decision. But we gave her a little background about us & she whipped up a personalized ceremony that included our love story. She recommended a great spot with the aesthetics that made for beautiful pictures. Right by the water, with the bridge behind, the sun hit us at the right spot where it felt like we were the only people on this earth and nothing else mattered. Couldn’t thank her enough. Highly recommend!

Sent on 08/13/2018

Weddings by Larissa's reply:

Thanks Alexis, it really was put together last minute so I am so glad you liked it :)
    It was so beautiful and I will think of you every time I pass that spot!

Donna · Married on 08/04/2018

Ceremony perfection

Having Larissa marry us was the easiest and best decision we made. From our very first phone conversation, we knew she was the one to marry us. Besides her incredible accent, she took her time explaining what a celebrant is/does, the process involved that she takes her clients through and answered any and all questions we had.

We knew we wanted our ceremony to be intimate and have our guests feel the incredible love and authentic happiness that we had for each other and Larissa did that and more! Throughout the planning process, Larissa got to know us both as individuals and as a couple. Getting to know who we were, what our story was, and other details about our lives, helped Larissa write an amazing and incredibly touching ceremony script. She captured and told our love story perfectly and even made guests who never shed a tear cry!

We may have only known Larissa for a short time while planning the wedding, but it was as if she was our closest friend. Two months later, our guests are still talking about how incredible and sentimental our ceremony was and how they wished they knew Larissa when they had gotten married.

We still keep in touch with Larissa and plan to in the future. She truly cares about you and treats your wedding as if it was her own. We cannot thank her enough for making our wedding day and the planning process for the ceremony so memorable. You will not regret choosing Larissa to officiate your ceremony!! She is genuine and professional and incredible at what she does. Your ceremony may only be a small portion of your wedding day, but it is the most important moment of that day and Larissa will ensure that it will be unique, personal, and beyond what you could even envision so that it is perfection.

Sent on 10/22/2018

Christina · Married on 07/21/2018

It was wonderful to work with Larissa. She was very easy going and totally flexible. We really wanted to personalize our ceremony and she could not have been more accomodating. Whether you want something religious or not, traditional or not, Larissa can make it happen. She contributed great ideas and guided us through every step of the process. We wanted to saber champagne as a unity ceremony, which is a bit outside the box, but she was totally game. We also really appreciated the fact that Larissa took care of all the paperwork involved with getting the marraige license, which gave us one less thing to worry about.

Sent on 09/11/2018

Paige · Married on 06/22/2018

Larissa was an absolute pleasure to work with. She brought our intimate Brooklyn wedding to life with the delivery of the speech she had prepared. The process of discussing what it was we wanted the tone of our ceremony to be was effortless and she immediately understood what it was we wanted. Larissa is extremely professional and organized. I knew we were in good hands and all of our guests agreed it was one of the best ceremonies they had ever witnessed. Thank you Larissa!!

Sent on 06/24/2018

Weddings by Larissa's reply:

Thanks Paige, absolutely pleasure to work with in return. I really enjoyed the intimacy of your wedding and wish nothing but the best for you and Rob!

Sile and David · Married on 06/14/2018

We found Larissa on a recommendation and we cannot say enough about her. Getting Married in another country can be stressful and confusing, but Larissa was always there to answer any questions. The day itself was amazing! She made the ceremony so special for us both and we cannot recommend her enough!!

Sent on 06/23/2018

Weddings by Larissa's reply:

Thanks Sile and David. What a beautiful ceremony that was! I hope you had a fabulous rest of the trip and safe travels home.